Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the next generation of Beast's Lair.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    If that's the one I've heard about, I can't seem to reproduce that.
    Well it's still happening for me, even after I've gone back to my old laptop. That makes 3 computers (including Lian's) that are having that problem. It does only happen on Chrome, though.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    By the way, would it also be possible to increase the character limit of PMs? Sometimes the limitation can get annoying for those people who send each other xbawks hueg PMs for beta-reading and the like.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Isn't that what email is for?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    But BL is more convenient sometimes, and I want that option when I dun have a person's email address.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Personally I like putting the beta on mediafire. Abe and I did it like that for a while due to our shitty connections(and aforementioned sexbawks hueg chapters) and it really works quite well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    By the way, would it also be possible to increase the character limit of PMs? Sometimes the limitation can get annoying for those people who send each other xbawks hueg PMs for beta-reading and the like.
    Apparently not, because, well, I dunno, DP made up some bizarre reason last time I complained....

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm all for increasing the PM size limit.

And I guess I just posted it in the wrong thread, but I still have that same issue as Bloble and Lianru, grrrrrrr

Blog Entries
    Not really a necessity but I'd like for the PM limit to be increased.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For you people, here's something:

http://freetexthost.com/

This should work most of the time you need to send huge messages. It can hold a surprising amount of text.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I know DP has been really busy lately but I also feel I should mention that increasing the PM limit would be handy.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    PM limit as in number of PMs or length of PMs? 'cause I get the impression people are asking for two things here.

Blog Entries
    Both of them are really high enough for mos purposes right now, and the cost of increasing them is nonzero, so I'm not sure why we would want more.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Well, in that other thread he said that if enough people expressed interest, he'd put it up for vote, so I'd guess it's time to rally the masses.

I'm getting the logging out issue on Firefox, for some reason. Around an hour of little forum activity and I get logged out.

Blog Entries
    I'm getting that issue on Safari on one machine but not on Chrome on the one I normally use. But it seems to be a lot less than an hour for me when it happens.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    I'm getting the logging out issue on Firefox, for some reason. Around an hour of little forum activity and I get logged out.
    Not an error. You're automatically logged out if you're idle for 1/2 an hour. This way in case you visit BL from, say, a public computer, someone can't nick your account.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    PMs do cost text space, just like forum posts. Did you know a full backup of all the forum tables is like 400 MB, compressed? Imagine how quickly that could climb if that's increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Apparently not, because, well, I dunno, DP made up some bizarre reason last time I complained....
    It's hardly bizarre, but I'm not about to get into a fight over it. Simply put, the more space I give you guys, the more space it will wind up taking. One single 100,000 character PMs take the same space as 10 10,000 character PMs. And no doubt there will always be a few who complain it's not enough.

It'll still be considered, but I'm not going to put a huge amount of weight on it. As has been said, the limits there are really enough for every single purpose except for those who want to post fanfic-related things in PMs.

One thing is for sure: If actual text size limits get raised, the amount of PMs stored will be SHARPLY reduced. This way, it's more forced to be temporary storage, and people will be forced to actually dump PMs every so often. There are way too many people with over 100 PMs, and 25 users have over 400 PMs. That is unacceptable, if the limits are raised.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    and 25 users have over 400 PMs.
    I'm a PM packrat, man, I just can't bear to delete them! :S
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    There's an option to dump'em to a file you can download, dude.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    There's an option to dump'em to a file you can download, dude.
    This.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Oh, there it is! Thank ye kindly.

I guess I just didn't notice it; it is rather small and at the bottom of the page, though, but oh well.