Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: Heroic Deed

  1. #21
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    Also, these guys are kind of assholes. It's fine to write however you like. You're under no obligation to cater to their whims.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  2. #22
    The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    @Keyne_
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,550
    This time I'm inclined to follow their opinion. Killing someone off stage without much of a reason isn't the best move to attract readers or keep them for that matter.


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Also, these guys are kind of assholes. It's fine to write however you like. You're under no obligation to cater to their whims.
    Of course he can write whatever he likes, but I am equally entitled to be unhappy about the way he seems not to care one bit about Sakura as a character and seems to see her only use to be to drive the plot by dying with absolutely zero characterisation or involvement.

    Not that you'd care about that, of course, because you don't give a crap about Sakura's character either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    This time I'm inclined to follow their opinion. Killing someone off stage without much of a reason isn't the best move to attract readers or keep them for that matter.
    Exactly. She seems to be nothing more than a plot device here. She doesn't get any characterisation or interaction with Shirou (unlike Ilya) whatsoever. Her sole reason for being here seems to be to die to give Shirou an excuse to chase after Zouken or similar.

  4. #24
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,332
    Blog Entries
    2
    Honestly guys, you can't really assume his intentions. Don't bite his head off for just this. That is how the dice rolled this time, even if she was taken out rather unceremoniously, it's just a part of the plot, not a snipe on anyone.

    You still need to work on your sentence structure, and please, please have someone look at it first before you roll it out. It gets awkward to the point that I couldn't tell what was a flashback and what was happening currently, though that may be your style of writing that is doing that. And the Japanese (Mou, Ano) besides the suffixes is distracting.

    Also, these guys are kind of assholes. It's fine to write however you like. You're under no obligation to cater to their whims.
    You kinda shouldn't talk, you've been skirting the line this past week.



    "Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    Why the hell shouldn't I "assume his intentions". His "intentions" are pretty damn obvious. He couldn't give a flying fuck about Sakura's character and, so, he decided to just get rid of her and use her death as a plot point. With absolutely no involvement whatsoever. Not even a slice-of-life scene with Shirou. Hell, she doesn't even seem to be getting mourned.

  6. #26
    Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll go to sleep soon.
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    71
    Mike, just a question. Why should he give a flying fuck about Sakura? Perhaps, just perhaps, this story is not Sakura-centric?

  7. #27
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    Your assumptions belong in one place only. Your own head. Your opinion is clear, and you've said your piece. Go write your own fanfiction that will satisfy your urges and leave other writers alone unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say.

    And yes, Altima, I am fully aware of the hypocrisy. I just generally think that some people don't merit constructive criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Mike, just a question. Why should he give a flying fuck about Sakura? Perhaps, just perhaps, this story is not Sakura-centric?
    Sakura is an important character in FSN, she deserves better than to be killed off gratuitously in chapter 1 with zero characterisation or involvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Your assumptions belong in one place only. Your own head. Your opinion is clear, and you've said your piece. Go write your own fanfiction that will satisfy your urges and leave other writers alone unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to say.
    A certain proverb about "glass houses" and "throwing stones" comes to mind....

    And yes, Altima, I am fully aware of the hypocrisy. I just generally think that some people don't merit constructive criticism.
    And that differs from my attitude how, exactly...?

  9. #29
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    Because I only go around harassing you when you assault people with Sakura.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  10. #30
    ジュカイン Lycodrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,635
    Blog Entries
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Sakura is an important character in FSN, she deserves better than to be killed off gratuitously in chapter 1 with zero characterisation or involvement.
    *looks at fanfics based off of Bad End #1* I dont like these at all, but...I know one that's well written, despite my opinion about the premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

  11. #31
    Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll go to sleep soon.
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    71
    Sakura is an important character in FSN, she deserves better than to be killed off gratuitously in chapter 1 with zero characterisation or involvement.
    Why? She doesn't seem to be that important as a character here.

  12. #32
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,332
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Mike, just a question. Why should he give a flying fuck about Sakura? Perhaps, just perhaps, this story is not Sakura-centric?
    No he doesn't have to. But you saw Keyne just pointed out something credible, since he agreed with him. Killing bluntly like that just to move the plot along (and the character reaction is kinda OOC) isn't really a good reason to do so, but I overlooked it because this guy seems like a newbie, and he explained that it would have importance later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    And yes, Altima, I am fully aware of the hypocrisy. I just generally think that some people don't merit constructive criticism.
    You do know that if you say one thing and then do the other you have no right to question him? You're better off not joining in if you don't really want to do much except sling mud.



    "Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."


  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    *looks at fanfics based off of Bad End #1* I dont like these at all, but...I know one that's well written, despite my opinion about the premise.
    That's somewhat different, because it's an actual canon ending (albeit a Bad End). He's chosen to kill off Sakura here, apparently because that's the only way he can actually find a "use" for her in the plot (hence why it seems pretty obvious that he doesn't appreciate her as a character one bit). Also, it's not like Shirou is under-used or mistreated in general, so his fans don't really have much right to complain. Sakura, on the other hand, barely gets used ever.

  14. #34
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    >Rights

    AHAHA

    Anyway, I have no interest in slinging mud. I have an interest in Mike letting people write stuff how they like without swooping down like a vengeful purple angel to smite the heretics.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    I am entitled to my opinion, and I am entitled to give that opinion. If you don't like it, then tough shit.

  16. #36
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    How does that not apply to the fic? If you don't like it, tough shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  17. #37
    Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll go to sleep soon.
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    71
    I am entitled to my opinion, and I am entitled to give that opinion. If you don't like it, then tough shit.
    And we are entitled not to give a flying fuck about that opinion.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    How does that not apply to the fic? If you don't like it, tough shit?
    I can't stop him writing it, certainly, but I'm fully entitled to be unhappy with it, and unhappy with the author.

  19. #39
    This may hurt a little Neir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    36
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    42
    But what is with your visceral NEED to shout that from every rooftop?

    Honestly, I just want to know. It's been bugging me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,666
    Blog Entries
    8
    You know, for someone who claims to be trying to help the author, you're doing a damn good job of filling his thread up with spam....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •