Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314

Thread: [Archive] Fate/Moon White (RP)

Alan McCarthy
    Time: (9:40) - (2/4)
    Day: (1st)

After leaving Turpin's quarters, the two of them had been guided up to a room near the top of the bridge. To Alan's surprise, there sat a small boy who looked to be around ten years of age -- the same boy he had noticed on the deck earlier, in fact. Heh. I expected a young one, but not him.

Walking over, he extended his hand and introduced himself. "Jim? I'm Alan. Nice to meet you."

After a moment, he continued. "The Bishop sent us up here -- he said you'd seen something that might be able to help us out."

As he talked, Alan confirmed his suspicions from before -- the boy did seem somewhat more interested in Rider than himself. This called for a change of tactics. You know, Ri, I think you'd be more suited for this. You up for it?

Tikhon Belanov
    Time: 9:41 (2/4)

"Hmm, I see, I see. There's something weird in all those religious people, wanting to built their temples on mountains............though I must admit, that would be a perfect place for a stronghold."
    Is she.. sniffing? Why would she be sniffing? Does she have some kind of super sense of smell? Considering the difference I've already seen from who I thought she was, it wouldn't surprise me but-

"Oi, boy.........when was the last time you had a bath?"
    I jerk my face back, shocked, and a little embarrassed by the sudden accusation. "When was the last time you had a bath?!" That's insulting! It was...

Come to think of it... I haven't been able to bathe in the last three days. I've been busy preparing for the trip here. Getting that summoning catalyst wasn't easy. And I was a little distracted by everything else. Hesitantly, I take a quick sniff of my scarf...

No wonder she complained. I do need a bath. And my scarf needs to be washed.

"...Your right. I do need to wash. But where? We can't go back to the hotel..."

Time: (9:54) – (2/4)
    Day: (1st day)

"Yeah, and Moon too. It could be interrupted as a woman having a period with Moon and Blood. A lot of female magi get fucked up when they're on the Rag . . . . Maybe the ruler of the island is an exception to the rule. Like this is her power source no matter what."
    Vega Al-Lieve let out an unpleasant chuckle.

"I guess so.......though I'd have to think that the conclusions that should be drawn from something like this should be something slightly less mundane. Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected more from boondocks-magus.....", she said, speaking the last line a bit lower than the rest.

"Just one last question then. You, Misona right? You saw something didn't you?"
    Misona blinked at the question, but finally nodded.

"Yup. There was definitely a presence here just a few, ten seconds ago. But not it's gone, just like that!" she answered.

However, it seemed that Vega Al-Liever had decided that the conversation had gone for long enough. She finished her soda, and even though Misona had still some of her hamburger left, she stood up, gesturing the other two alchemists to do the same.

"Well, that's all the time we can spare today, I guess. We still have some work to do in that forest. I do hope you two will do well in your "quest" on this island.......after all, if you don't......well, in that case, this might be the last time we talk to each other. So, it might be reasonable to say "farewell", Vega said with a grim smile, before nodding to Misona and Nikolas.

"Let's go."

And with that, the three alchemists left the Grill 13, leaving behind a somewhat unpleasant atmosphere.

Time: (9:42) - (2/4)

"Jim? I'm Alan. Nice to meet you. The Bishop sent us up here -- he said you'd seen something that might be able to help us out."
    The blonde boy looked up to Alan with his blue eyes, seeming a bit surprised. However, after looking at him, he gave an interested glance over at Rider.

"Well, I don't mind...." he said with a strange-sounding accent. It made him seem rather aristocratic but also rather....blunt. "There are lots of things I've seen. Which of them you want to know of? About that cute looking girl of the shrine? Or perhaps that old fisherman that never gets any fish, and still keeps fishing close to our boat?"

Servant Saber
    Time: 9:43 (2/4)

"...Your right. I do need to wash. But where? We can't go back to the hotel..."
    I couldn't hide the huge grin that spread to my face.

"Well, where else? This is a cold country, right? Then, in every cold country I've been to, and heard of, there's this one particular thing...."

Hmm, yes. I think I had seen one as we had exited the clothing shop. If we just headed back a bit, I'm sure we would find it. And thus....

"Alright! Let's go!"

Time: 10:24 (2/4)

"Welcome! Can we help you.....?"

The clerk looked at in a bit funny way, but I didn't mind. I guess the people of this small country had never seen big women before. Well, I had plenty of time to make myself a familiar sight in this town, so that problem could be taken care of easily.

And where were we? Right now, were at a bath-house. Yes, hot-springs bath-house, that were apparently pretty popular here in the northern Japan.

"So? Where are the baths?" I asked from the younger clerk.

"R-right this way madam. Which one would you like? The separated, or the mixed bath.....?" she asked, with a slightly wary face.

Hmmmmmmm......well, I guess....

"Mixed. I need to speak with the boy here, anyways", I decided, before turning to my Master. "Don't take too long with the payment. I'm going to go ahead already."

Time: 10:30 (2/4)

"Ah, this is it.....! This is life!"

I couldn't help but to laugh as I sat down to the hot water. The steam in the room made it hard to see, but I guess there was nothing one could do about it. This was a bath-house built over hot-springs, after all.

---------- But man, what is taking my Master so long.....?

Ri-Chan/Rider
    Time: (9:42) - (2/4)

"There are lots of things I've seen. Which of them you want to know of? About that cute looking girl of the shrine? Or perhaps that old fisherman that never gets any fish, and still keeps fishing close to our boat?"
    I studied him as he spoke. He wouldn't be a threat to my master at the moment.

I took a step forward, "We would like to know about the vision that lead to you and your church members to come to this Island." It was a request, and hopefully that would be all it would take.

Genessa Satellizer
    Time: (9:54) – (2/4)

[QUOTE]"Yup. There was definitely a presence here just a few, ten seconds ago. But not it's gone, just like that!" she answered.[/QUOTE

So, that confirms my suspicion. Not only we have Sealies running around, Alpha just pull off his vanishing act that elude even the alchemist and us and we now have, what might be a big problem lay down casually on our lap.

"Well, that's all the time we can spare today, I guess. We still have some work to do in that forest. I do hope you two will do well in your "quest" on this island.......after all, if you don't......well, in that case, this might be the last time we talk to each other. So, it might be reasonable to say "farewell", Vega said with a grim smile, before nodding to Misona and Nikolas.
    "Sayonara." I replied with a casual nod. "Don't overwork yourself."

"Let's go."
    And with that the alchemist is gone. Jeebus, they sure seem eager with their work. Is it a trait of alchemist or did I just end up meeting with the same kind? After finishing my food, I also get up.

"Cmon lass, let's pay for the grub."

I got up from the seat before paying the cashier with my money. After that I turn to my companion.

"So what now? Are you going to leave me by myself or do I get to enjoy one last trip?"

Bai Shui
    Time: (9:45) – (2/4)

Ennou sighs and shrugs his shoulders.

"Nobody knows. Said he was from Europe, from some Naval History Research Institute, but that's a load of crap if you ask me. He hangs around the town every now and then, asking wierd things. Evenings he apparently spends in that one cafe, though I can't remember it's name........eh, whatever"
    Yeah, that's probably a load of crap. The storekeeper gives me a look

"So..... Did you come to chat, or do some business?"
    I find what I'm looking for and grab two bottles of alcohol, and bring them over.

"Can't I do both?" I say, setting down the bottles in front of him.

Time: (9:43) - (2/4)

"We would like to know about the vision that lead to you and your church members to come to this Island."
    "Oh, that. A shame. I wished I could have told you about how Brother Fereshgical sometimes sneaks out of the boat at nights. I think he goes off to eat, since he always smells like hamburgers when he comes back. I can't blame him though, the food here is, quite frankly, simply despicable", Jim continued to talk, until he realized he had gone off tangent. "But yes....that vision. It was some time ago that I had it. It was while were relatively near the coast of China, I believe.....was it around Tsingtao island? Or farther away, maybe close to Incheon? Well, that's not important. What is important is the vision itself. It was..........quite a feverish one."

Jim coughed once, and continued.

"It started with the sight of........an island. Island covered in glittering dust. However, something....came to the island, causing that dust to be blown far up in the air. Maybe the dust was somehow appetizing, as the moment that had happened, two invisible mouths began eating the island, tearing it apart. They were so gluttonous that eventually, the other mouth devoured the other. All this while blood fell from the heavens above. Now, if I remember correctly.......with the island in pieces, the mouths disappeared, leaving only the now dull dust and humans behind. The humans gathered around someone who was far taller than them, and began.......I guess you could call it "puking"? No, maybe it is better to say that something came out of their mouths. Yes, from the mouths of people, the thing that came out were white, and the one from the mouth of the tall one.....it was golden. They swirled, mixed together, and became.....snow."

Jim Pull took a deeb breath.

"The snow covered the whole island, along with the ice......and nothing of the original island was left visible. Even the dust had been buried under that snow. That was.....until the one that had been branded as Moon and Ox appeared", the boy explained. "And that's about it. We weren't really sure about what it was all about, but Torgue-san realized that the "blood from heavens" was probably hinting at the original name of this island, and so, we came here...........and apparently, something truly is happening here."

Time: (9:46) – (2/4)

"Can't I do both?"
    Ennou grinned like a walrus.

"Hmm, yes, perhaps that is a better idea", he said, and laughed. After that, he took the other bottle and opened it, but not before gesturing Bai Shui to take one of the small stools that were nearby, and to sit down.

"But you outsiders truly are a weird bunch.....well, some of you, at least. First those people in that huge warship in the harbor......I first thought they had come to get that old submarine that was still in the museum, but apparently not. It seemed likely, though, since at least those guys seemed like they were connected to life in the seas", Ennou said this with a slightly cheerful tone, and took a sip from the bottle. "And then those scientists.....who knows what they are up to? At least they are bothering the Tennou family day and night. I don't know why they allow them to be such a nuisance...."

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: (9:56) – (2/4)

I bite the side of my cheek as I watch the Alchemist leave before sighing. I look over at Genessa and answer, "Sure. And this whole thing is creeping me out. And Alchemists are assholes . . ."

I shook my head, looked her in the eye and said, "Sure, I'll give you a ride, then we can talk."

Genessa Satellizer
    Time: (9:57) – (2/4)

I gave her a nod before taking out the swan origami the Miko gave me.

"I need to get to this address lass." Pointing at the written part of the paper.

Alan McCarthy
    Time: (9:46) - (2/4)

Alan looked at the notes he had taken and grimaced. "That is pretty bizarre."

He checked his watch as he put the notebook away and nodded. "Well, we're still waiting on Gullivan. We can chat about something a little more... pleasant, if you'd like." We can go over this later, he silently added to Rider. I think the kid's seen enough as it is.

"So, what's life like here?"

Servant Lancer
    Time: ...

Interlude 1, Dreams of the monk.

As he pondered eternity, memories of a time long since lost drifts across the link to his master......

"My king......the prince continues to learn, One day he will be as wise as I"

The old man stood differentially before the ruler, his head bowed low in homage. Before him, impatiently the master of the castle received his report.

"It's fine either way. The boy will never ascend the throne. Teach him or beat him, just ensure he doesn't get into trouble."

The old monk bowed again, hiding the sorrow he felt from those words behind long, white hair that fell over his face, concealing his eyes from the king. He knew these words were heard by more then just him.

"....Does he still not sleep?" The old king asked, only mild curiosity driving the question. The old monk knew immediately that no matter what the answer, the king would be satisfied, really, he considered it a matter that was completely separate from him.

"Indeed he does not, your majesty. I worried for a time sir, but the boy has shown me he knows more then anyone what it is he needs."

The king eyed his servant thoughtfully, for the first time a flicker of interest...or aggravation lighting his eyes.

"And how does a boy know something like that know better then I or you what is good for him?"

The teacher paused a moment to collect his thoughts, then replied softly, a touch of wonder coming into his voice.

"I train the lad for so very long sir," He began. "Day in and day out I teach the boy, philosophy, logic, mathematics, he learns it all. When we finish, I take him to the yard and we exchange blows with fists, or sword, or spear, whatever he wishes to instruct him in the arts of war. Up until recently, I always won."

That made the old king sit up right. Though the teacher's art was not strictly speaking war, he was knowledgeable in all things, combat one of them, and the boy was young, untested, and scholarly. That he could beat the old man was....surprising.

"The other day, as it is his want to do, instead of sleeping, I found him in his room, with the fire built up, sitting at the wall. I told him to sleep, he ignored me." At that, both men shared a look of aggravation at the arrogance of youth, such an impertinence warranted a beating at the very least.

"I would teach him a lesson, or so I thought. I left, and returned with practice sticks. If he needed no rest, I would train him more, is what I said. I swung, he blocked, we fought. sir, we fought for hours. we had trained from dawn till the stars were bright in the sky, he should have been numb to the world, but as we exchanged blows....sire, 'twas I who began to falter as day came again, he beat me back, and when lessons came, I again found him sitting, staring into space. He took his lessons as he always did, I the only one who was the worse for wear. It was only then that I realized, the prince never sleeps at all, my lord."

The king thought about it for a time, but then shrugged, dismissing it from his mind. It had nothing to do with his rule, or his heir, what did it matter if the boy denied himself rest, what was the issue if his teacher had trouble keeping him under thumb? That wasn't at all his concern. The monk at once bowed and exited the throne room, recognizing the kings nature for what it was and that his audience was at an end.

As the monk left the throne room, he was joined by a small boy, yet to even enter his adolescence, his body was fit from constant training, but his face was serious and his expression flat, colored with suppressed anger. The monk understood, if there was one thing the prince craved, it was his father's eye. but a king's crown was heavy, and he had little time for his family, the monk had always attempted to fill that void for the remarkable child whose care he had been entrusted with.

"Listening at the door again? that's beyond rude to your father, and me. I wont go easy on you tonight" The old monk admonished, though he knew his words would have precious little effect. The young prince feared no hard labor. But he could see that the boy was angered, he always found a way to hear his father listen to the reports on his progress, and was always disappointed. For though the prince surpassed his brothers, and yes, in truth, the great king himself, he was not the heir, he would never be. He was....superfluous to his father, and his kingdom, despite his potential.

Without knowing quite why, the old man turned to regard the boy in full, the boy staring solemnly back at him. In his mind, a vision of the wonderful potential of his charge stirred his spirit, and quietly, bowing to the voice of earth that spoke of a possible future, he intoned a prophecy to the boy.

"Know this....were you king of all this land, the people would smile for a long time, tales of your deeds would carry to many distant lands, and you would be a wise and fair ruler, about whom songs and stories would live on about for two hundred years....but yours is a different path, your life would be wasted as just a king, follow the life you yourself can already begin seeing stretching out in front of you, and your knowledge will enlighten the entire world, and people will remember your teachings for two thousand years!"

That was the first time the boy showed shock since the monk could remember, and well did he know why. To talk so about a kingship....that was heresy, criminal! If the wrong person had heard him, he would be banished at the least, possibly killed. Yet he couldn't ignore the voice of earth which spoke through him to ensure the boy didn't waver in his path to enlightenment. And he received gratification for his risk when the boy smiled up at him, again a first, and thereafter, if it was possible, attacked his training with even more intensity then before.

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: (9:59) – (2/4)

I stare at the address that Genessa gives me and nod. I pull the map from my pocket, unfold it and put it on the table. I carefully look for the street on the map that matches the address and then find where we are currently at. I can probably get us there in about twenty minutes, maybe longer if traffic's bad.

I look at her and said, "Let's ride."

Then I fold up my map and slide it in my pocket.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Saber
    Time: 10:30 (2/4)

"O-ouch, hot, hot..."

Well, that has got to be my Master. It seems that he's slowly making his way to the bath, even though the hot water seems to be something he's not that content with. Eventually, he makes his way up to me, looking like he's slowly beginning to enjoy this place.

"Well, this is an interesting experience on it's own. I wonder if.....if...." My Master's voice slowly disappears, and he seems to be completely frozen. In addition, his eyes dart all over me, in a way that tells me that he's unsure where he should be looking.

----- Hohooh~? I never expected my Master to be such an innocent person.

"What's this, boya? Ya never seen a lady of my caliber naked?" I ask, and burst to laugh. "Gwahahahahaha! Green as leaves of summer, I say! But I do not dislike it! So don't worry, I won't mind if you look. It's not like I'm ashamed of my body or something. But sit down. Let's enjoy this bath before we have to concentrate on more serious things again."

"A-alright, I just....just....nevermind", Boya stutters, before sitting in the water, so it reaches up to his chest. It seems that he takes great care that he's sitting in an appropriate distance from me.

Buuuuut......I still seems that he sneaks a glance every now and then.

"Kukuku. Green as the leaves of summer, indeed..." I cannot help but to mutter.

Time: (9:47) - (2/4)

"So, what's life like here?"
    Jim Pull shrugged.

"It's not bad. It's always a bit cramped up here on this ship, but you get used to it, eventually. And when it comes to the life on the island....well, I guess the islanders treat me a bit better than the rest of the crew, but only because I'm a child. For the rest of them, they tolerate and are polite and all that....but they don't seem to want us to spread the word of God here", the boy told Alan. He was about to say more, but at that moment, Brother Gullivan arrived.

"Here you are. The copies of the papers and pictures you asked", Gullivan said as he handed the said things to Alan. He then greeted Jim, before adjusting his glasses and looking back at the magus. "Now, is there something else I could do for you? Or are you leaving already?"

Alan McCarthy

After taking a brief look at what the man had handed him, Alan shook his head. "No, what I need right now are answers to all these questions -- but thanks for the offer. What about you, Ri?"

Servant Rider

"Me?" I had been put off by the question. It seemed like it was just me, but it felt like we had been here for a long time. Maybe my sense of time is being distorted some what. "I'm fine." I answer quickly, still puzzled by the fact that it took so long for such a short amount of time to pass.

Alan McCarthy
    Time: (9:48) - (2/4)

It was hard to tell, but Alan caught a flash of... something across their link. Not quite boredom, but it felt similar. Not too big on all this sitting around and talking, am I right? We've still got to visit that priestess, but -- sure, we can go set up our base first.

To Jim, he nodded a farewell. "Sorry, looks like we'll be leaving earlier than I thought. We'll see you around."

That done, Alan turned and regarded Gullivan for a moment before giving his usual grim smile and offering a handshake. "It's been interesting, Gullivan. Always nice to find somewhere my family's name is recognized but not laughed at -- or worse -- for not playing politics like the rest."

"I'll be in touch."

Alan McCarthy
    Time: (10:15) - (2/4)

The taxi ride had been uneventful, with Alan passing the time by continuing his notes and occasionally trading comments with Rider about their visit. They had finally arrived at the place he had specified, a spot on the outskirts of the airport that left them a couple of miles away from Torgue's apartment.

Now that they were here, however, Alan turned and began walking in the opposite direction, nodding at Rider to follow. Got a confession to make -- you saw the catalyst I used for your summoning, so it shouldn't be that surprising that I was aiming at a Saber-class Servant. Seems they usually have some skill in Riding but no mount, so I did a little planning ahead there. He paused for a moment. Yeah. Don't think yours is going to be too subtle here, so how about something we can ride by day?

Sure enough, before too long they had arrived at a rental lot. Don't know if you'll find the motorcycles interesting, but -- take a look around, let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Hyarion; March 24th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Rider
    Time: (10:16) - (2/4)

There where lots of motorcycles, of all brands and styles. My mouth turned into a small smile. "I can choose any one of these?" I probably looked like a kid in a candy store. I ran one of my hands over the seats of a Sportster 1200 Custom XL1200c Harley.It was a beauty all right, but so many to choose from...

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster
    Time: 9:08 (2/4)

Caster gracefully took one of the cups from the tray and calmly sipped on the tea, while Tsukuyomi was explaining the rules of the Grail War to them. For him there was a certain sense of irony around both the rules themselves and how she presented them. Call it nostalgia, if you like.

Fate, it seems, quite likes its turnabouts.

As Tsukuyomi finished, Caster lowered his head in acknowledgment for a second, before giving a slight chuckle.

"So basically milady, what you are saying is that the rules of this war can be concluded with the statement: "There are no rules, besides the ones the Supervisor decides to make"?", Caster gave another humorous chuckle.

"How delightfully insidious. Well regardless, we have no reason to object, so we will do the best to follow all those rules you decide to set, now wont we, my dear?" Caster briefly turned towards his head towards Asa, before returning his gaze at Tsukuyomi.

Taking one of the biscuits from the tray, he placed one into his mouth before closing his eyes.

"So.......do you have any other questions?"
    "Ah, yes. Would you happen to have a recipe for these biscuits? If you would allow me the compliment, I would like to say that they are quite delicious."

Rider
    Time: (10:16) - (2/4)

Yes you can choose anyone of these, you're the Rider. I heard Alan tell me through our link. I had smile creep on my face, I could choose anyone of these beauties. I took a good, long, look at the selection. My eye's past over a black 2010 Fat Boy Lo, I gripped handlebar, as the Rider class I could instantly tell how well it would run and how fast it could go. The next bike that caught my eye was a 2010 Wide Glide, it was a little better than the Fat boy.

Then I saw the bike I wanted, a 2010 Sportster Forty-Eight. "This one..." I grabbed the handlebars and knew this was the one I wanted. "Alan, I found the one I wanted!" I jumpped up and down like a school girl, I wanted to ride it badly.

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

Dan Rong Zheng/York Morgan & Servant Archer
    Location: Market District - Field Marshall's & Company Department Store
    Time: (9:28) – (2/4)

Alright, this looks like a good place to shop. Nice, grand looks and a wide variety of apparel to choose from. There's even a small winter sale going on. We should have no problems here. And there's a mall nearby that's bound to have a 'net cafe in it.

"Ok, now let's-"

Whoa. What the hell was that? I was thinking without speaking or something, but it felt like my voice was still 'projected' towards him. Could this be the rumored connection between a Master and a Servant? I take a glance and Archer and notice that something registered with him. Let's test this out.

"Hey, Archer. You gettin' this alright? If you are, then let's go get your clothes."

Blog Entries
    Location: Market District - Field Marshall's & Company Department Store
    Time: (9:29) – (2/4)

"Hey, Archer. You gettin' this alright? If you are, then let's go get your clothes."

I smiled towards my Master as I heard his voice inside my head. Even though his tongue did not move, his thoughts were clearly transmitted to me. Apparently, some Servants and Masters, if not most, were capable of non-verbal communication to certain degrees. Looking ahead as if I wasn't paying attention to him, I answered him.

"Yes, I do. Let's go get those clothes, Dan."

I sighed. Being a Servant was so full of surprises. The white clouds that were forming around my mouth were nothing but a mere habit of my former lifetime. If I wanted to, I could stay for long periods of time without eating, sleeping, or even breathing. Although in my former life I'd been through many hardships, I could not make myself to the idea of having become an "artificial god". I guess that speaks of how ironic life is.

Smiling to a joke only I understood, I let my Master guide the way towards the clothes shop.

Time: (9:40) – (2/4)

After some quick shopping, Archer decided to go with a casual-looking outfit: a pair of jeans, a long-sleeve T-shirt, an athletic jersey and a pair of boots. Being the pack-rat that I was, I insisted that we get at least one additional spare outfit for him before we made our purchase. Then it was off to the mall section of the district.

Surprisingly, the mall section appeared to extend into the upper floors of some of the skyscrapers. From the ground, I spotted a comfy-looking 'net cafe called Boundaries. Huh, weird name for a cafe. That didn't change the fact that it had a good view of a scenic park that was decorated by numerous trees, street vendors, and an overhanging archway at its entrance.

Hmmm, these tall buildings could make for some nice recon. They look a little steep, but then again, Servants were said to be superhuman. Time to see what Archer can do.

"Hey Archer, 'think you could get up on some of these rooftops to do some scouting? If you're up to it, you should stick to spirit form. Don't want anyone getting suspicious now. I'm gonna step inside for a bit and check a few things out on the 'net. Let me know if something comes up."