Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: [Archive] Fate/Moon White (RP)

Tikhon Delanov
    Time: 7:23
    Day: (1st)

Argh. My neck. There's a horrible crick in it now. That position that she had held me in... had not exactly been what is known as "comfortable". Held under someone's armpit, being pressed against metal... Da. Not fun. Rubbing my neck, I process what I have heard.

...First off, what had I been thinking, trying to satisfy an Epic Hero with crackers?

Secondly, do people even make Ale and mead anymore? Maybe I can satisfy her with vodka.

Third... my wish? Immediately, my mind runs through possibilities. My wish is something deeply private. My first thought is to keep it secret, hidden. But, neither do I want to lie to her. Also, starting off by refusing to tell her what she's fighting for isn't exactly in either of our best interests.

...Damn. I'll keep it simple.

"...I want a family. I'm incapable of gaining one naturally. The grail is the only thing that can fix that."

...There's no chance that's a great enough ambition. It's small, and selfish. Something personal, and will affect no one but myself.

"It may not sound like much, but it matters to me."

I wait for the response. Either this will work out poorly, and we won't be able to work well together, denying me most of my chance at the grail, or she'll attempt to kill me in disgust.

...But I won't die here. Da, this is what command spells are for.

Time: (7:43) – (1/4)

"......Very well. Izumi. The key."

Supervisor nodded to the blind girl, who stood up immediately and walked over to Rauna. She handed her a silver key in a small chain, and then retreated like a breath of wind, back to the corner.

"That key is to the small mansion left behind by a magus from Scotland, who.......well, won't be needing it anymore. It has not been used for over 90 years, but I assure you that it has been kept in good condition. The mansion lies in the Old Town, and I don't think you have trouble finding it."

Tsukuyomi walked away from the altar, circling around Rauna slowly, like a panther that had cornered it's prey. Yet she was completely devoid of any threat, and thus the gesture seemed.....unnatural. Even slightly unnerving.

Whap!

Supervisor's fan flashed open, and she pointed with it towards one of the candles. When she had flunged the fan open, she had also put out the flame in the candle.

"Rule #1: You shall not let the people be aware of your presence under any circumstances. Of course, I am aware that when Heroic Spirits clash, it is impossible for there to not be collateral damage. However, this rule means you shall not fight during daylight, or in areas that are crowded at night. Do your best to avoid any witnesses. If you are seen because of your bad luck, then I, as the supervisor, will take care of the problem. However, if you are seen because of your ignorance and laziness, then a penalty shall be issued."

Thwap!

The fan was folded again, into a thin shape that almost resembled a sword. It was very clear at this point that the fan supervisor carried was not an ordinary one.

"Rule #2: There shall be no fighting unless I allow it. Once each and every Master has visited me, I shall commence the War to begin, and give a signal that all of you will see. However, if I forbid you from fighting for some reason, you shall not engage in battle against each other under any circumstances. If you do so despite my orders, a penalty shall be issued."

Swut!

The sword-like folded fan sliced through the snuffed out candle, cutting it in half from top to bottom. Soujuurou Tsukuyomi turned to face Rauna.

"Rule #3: There are no other rules. This is a War. A secret war, but a war nonetheless. No tactic is too dirty, no maneuver too under-handed. Only thing that you should think about is victory. Concern yourselves with nothing else. You've here to acquire the Holy Grail, the call issued to you by the Command Seals. As long as you keep yourselves hidden from the civilians, and obey my commands if a need arises.........I do not care what you will do."

And that concluded what the supervisor had to say. She turned her back to Rauna, unfolded her fan again and covered the lower half of her face with it.

"You may leave now. I can see you still have not summoned a Servant. Right now, I sense couple of people who have preached the perimeter of the Bounded Field around the mountain. They are, most likely, Masters. You might want to leave before they arrive."

Tsukuyomi closed her eyes, which was the definite signal that the conversation had ended.

"There is an alternate path down the mountain that will take you straight to the edge of the city. You are free to use that, if you wish to avoid confortation with other Masters. Finding the path is not hard, as it starts from the eastern side of this shrine's yard."

Servant Saber
    Time: 7:24

......a family........huh?

That's.........that's.........

"That's great! A family is truly what everybody is supposed to have!" I can't hold my feeling down anymore, and they burst out as a one huge bellow as I pull my Master once again closer, crunching him under my arm, again.

"And here I thought the people of this time had forgotten what it meant to have a family! It seems I was wrong. I'm pleasantly surprised, boy! Maybe I should adopt you? You'd gain even bigger family.............hmm, now there's a thought, there's a thought! Gwahahahaa! Sure, sure! I have no problem fighting with a Master who understands what's important in life!" I couldn't, and didn't, bother hiding my satisfaction, hearing what my Master desired from a Holy Grail.

------- If he had said something stupid like "ruling the world" I'd have smacked him over his head for good. If it was something petty like "make me famous", I'd given him the same treatment. A great ambition does not mean "big" ambition. It means an ambition, goal, which is significant for you yourself. Not something which will boost your ego by completing it, but something which actually makes you more complete as a person as you attain it.

"Gwahaha, now you got me in a good mood! It seems we're really like-minded, boy! Here, have a present!" I laughed as I rummaged through my belonging and finally pulled out one of those small things I had in store. Then I put it my Master's hand, before grinning to his quite confused expression. "There, you can keep it! Think of it as a good luck charm. And now.......!"

I kicked the door out of the way (literally. The hinges had already been damaged, so now the door just shot from it's place and hit the wall behind it) so we could enter the corridor of this building. I dragged my Master with me, humming loudly. I have this tendency to hum while I'm in good mood.

--------- Was my humming that good? People that had been in the corridor stared me with wide eyes, so I guess it had to be something like that.

"Okay, let's go get some grub! I'm so hungry I could eat a boar, gwahahaa!"

Iroaseru Asa
    (8:27) - (1/4)
    Day 1

"Will you allow me to guide you into this world of wonders?"

“Keh? What are you, Willy Wonka?!”

I scan the road with my eyes, even if my vision itself cannot reach that far, which indeed, it would be hard pressed for any normal human’s eye to reach; but I could still pick up the faint flickering light. This was not a trick of the eyes; this was just seeing what cannot be seen, and what I did see was not comforting. I took off my glasses, it was quite the headache to leave them on, my vision had always been quite poor, and these things didn’t really do their job. I stared into the grey eyes of the man who stood before me, Caster; the magus.

“...world of wonders heh...you sound like my grandmothers Tengu...”

The wind had died down a little, but it was still beyond freezing cold, I shivered for different reasons though. Even if I couldn’t see it now, just beyond me was the place that was my destination. From there I would take part in this fool’s game in earnest. For a foolish wish no less, rather fitting...

“Come, there is much to discuss, but first, a walk.”

I point to the mountain, words are for the mind, and movement is for the body. Exercise both, and cleanse the soul of worry, I head off in that direction without consulting the man any further. He can either follow in kind, or do as he pleases; I rather enjoy this kind of weather anyways...

Rauna Aikio
    Time: (7:50) – (1/4)

When I had told my affair, supervisor told Izumi to give me a key. The little girl gave me a silver key in a small chain and went back to the corner. Supervisor explained that it was a key to the mansion in the Old Town.

She told me in detail the three rules that I must obey, and turned her back to me. She said I could leave, and warned about other Masters, who were coming to the shrine. I could use another path to avoid them.

She had closed her eyes, and I understood she had finished. I had only a goodbye left: "I thank you for your instructions and advices, supervisor. I will do my best. Bįze dearvan!"

I bowed again politely and left the room. I walked through the corridors and put the warm clothes back on me. When I step out of the door, cold air felt wonderful on my face. I walked through the snowy yard to find the other path supervisor mentioned. It would be the best to use it, I didn't want to run into the other Masters yet. And it would be nice to see a different scenery too. I didn't have any rush yet, since I was first here, I might as well enjoy the peace, when I still had time.

And think those rules I just heard. Especially the third one needs a little pondering. I'm not a big fan of dirty games, but I guess all the other Masters won't think the same.

Time: 8:15

"My. Look, it's human."

"Yeah, yeah. That it sure is, is."

As Aileen opened the shrine's door, she was greeted by a strange sight. There were two figures lying on their backs, both reading a big, thick book of shounen manga, and occasionally drinking from soda cans they both had set beside them. And no, they weren't lying on the floor. They were lying on the ceiling, upside-down. Both of the figures looked at Aileen, other with impassive face, other with mixture of bewilderment and wonder.

"Do you think it's a Master, Fanta? That'd be most logical."

"Most certainly yes, yes. But why is she here, here?"

The one that talked like a very bored announcer was a silver-colored creature, somewhat resembling a female humanoid, though her ears were like those pointy things on court-jesters' hats. Her silver body had strange, thick veins that traveled all over it, and apparently showed the insides of her body. However, in those veins the only thing you could see was white-colored bubbles travelling up and down with high speed. Her glowing, platinum-colored eyes eyed Aileen up and down, without much of real interest.

Her buddy wasn't that much better. Almost identical in looks, albeist shorter, her friend (apparently named "Fanta") had an orange colored body, with yellow bubbles travelling in it's veins. Her ears were long and curved straight upwards, almost becoming the shape of crescent moon. This creature's yellow eyes were sparkling with anticipation, as if she was about to pounce on Aileen at any minute.

"....So? What do we do with her?"

"I think we should eat her, her. I'm getting quite hungry anyways, anyways."

"No."

Just as the two were about to proceed further in their plan to devour Aileen, a small and fragile voice rang out, and the scribe of the shrine, Izumi, stepped out from shadows. Although she could not see, her head was turned towards Aileen, as if she had been looking at her.

"Eeeeeh, why Izumi, Izumi? I'm hungry, hungry!" Fanta protested.

"Do that and I'll......tell Pepsi", Izumi threatened, like children threaten each other by saying they'll tell their parents.

However, that seemed to shut the two up efficiently.

"Understood", the grey creature immediately said, as Fanta looked nervous.

"J-just leave Onee-chan out of it this, this. I won't eat this girl, girl",s he quickly promised. After making sure they weren't going to eat Aileen anymore, Izumi turned to Aileen.

".....Are you alright?" She asked with a timid voice

Maebana Misune
    (8:00am) - (1/4)
    Day 1

Walking over to the single bed in the room, I slowly rest myself onto it.

"Eto Lancer-san... During this war, would you help me.. with your knowledge of fighting?" I nervously ask him, part regretting asking such a stupid question. "A please... could you call me Misune? Master... sounds to awkward to me..."

Looking at the digital clock on the desk beside the bed which reads
    8am. Standing up, I head over to the coat hangar by the door and take my jacket.

"I'm about to head out to the market... but would you be needing... anything while I am there... Lancer-san?" I ask him, feeling a bit more assured.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________ ______

Servant Lancer
    (8:00) - (1/4)
    Day 1

Lancer: yes Ma..I mean, yes Misune-sama. I will be happy to train and instruct you to better prepare for this war. In life, I commanded great respect in multiple fields of combat study, to be trained at one of my schools was considered a mark of honor, to be my personal student, a privilege of the highest order. My skills are yours, my ma..misune-sama. I do not mean to boast, but even in the short time available, I can be of much assistance to your abilities. This is a wise decision you make.

I nodded quietly to myself. In this stage of combat was much like the days leading up to one of his great tournaments. This time should be spent preparing oneself for the trials ahead. His master may have been hesitant to push herself, but she was no fool. It was not a poor decision to visit the shopping center for supplies either. I felt myself stroking my beard in approval

Lancer: There are a few things we could make use of, if you intend to visit the market. However, I shall tell you when we arrive. I shall accompany you in my spirit form, if it pleases you of course. Be prepared, Misune-sama. There are those who will be loath to face the lance, and thus will hope to strike for your life to end mine. For that reason, I will accompany you always. When you eat, I shall be nearby, when you sleep, I will meditate beside you. Do not worry about my rest, for I never sleep.

I noticed the confused look she shot at me, the reasoning was immediately apparent of course. I decided it would be easier to demonstrate. I allowed the Price of Devotion to fade from sight and faced my master bare handed, and then spoke into her mind.

Lancer: As a servant and a heroic spirit, I have advantages which are also at your disposal, Misune-sama. I may fade into a spiritual form which will hide me from most. In spirit form, not only will I draw on less of your prana, but I am invisible to normal people, and also, will allow you to close your mystic circuits, so that other masters will not be able to sense your presence. In this way, we conceal ourselves from prying eyes and thus stay hidden.

I then held up my arms so that the shining bracers upon them were showing, and allowed them to fade slowly from sight.

Lancer: my spear is my noble phantasm and my symbol as the knight of the lance. As such, I can draw it at need any time, or allow it to remain in its own spirit form. As well, these bracers, formed from my prana and reinforced with my spirit, are my greatest defense, in combat I will protect myself and you with them, but when I need to be visible but not draw undo attention, I can leave aside these bracers and my spear. Without them, my attire would not seem to strange, but for the cold. If you will provide me a jacket to wear, I believe I can pass unnoticed even materialized.

I crossed my arms in front of me and considered the best supplies to make use of. A map of the island, binoculars for my master, and perhaps a weapon. If nothing was available, I would carve her a staff from the wood from a tree, but a properly made weapon might serve her better. And it would give her the chance to choose her own means of defending herself, which was preferable. Food, and water. Nothing to heavy or burdensome, but enough that she could eat on the go if it became necessary. And…..and tea leaves. Definitely tea. I must acquire one of those automatic brewers the cursed grail informed me was available. Medical supplies. And I needed to discuss with her more and find out how much of the war she understood. Did she understand the powers granted by the command spell? The power of the noble phantasms, the servants she was sure to face ere she stood before the grail?

Lancer: Misune-sama…..let us leave for the shopping center, there is much to discuss and even more to be done. If you do not need rest, then let us begin preparing for war

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: 8:20

Fanta?

As in, "Wanna Fanta, don't you wanna?" with the annoying jingle and those girls that are suppose to be hot but really aren't?

My mind is currently boggling.

Now they're talking about eating me. I guess a normal person would be scared since they're going with the cliched talking in a bored voice about my apparent demise. However, most people don't carry multiple sharp objects on their body and can use their abilities to amp up their bodies so much that I can put my hand through a car door.

I'm not being cocky, but it also doesn't get me anywhere if I start panicking and screaming. However my hand's already going for the tomahawk at my back. If they make a move, they won't find me easily digestible. Besides, how can I be scared about any monster named after a bad soft drink as they talk about someone named Pepsi.

Sometimes I can't help myself.

I point to the light colored one and ask, "So, is your name Sprite?"

I grin and then add, "Also, you can try to eat me, but it's not going to be easy pickings."

As I'm about to pull out my tomahawk, a small and fragile voice rang out. I turn towards the speaker and see a tiny girl with a blindfold over her eyes. I blink for a moment, just sort of surprised at the absurdity of the sight. It's something I'd expect in some movie or cartoon, but not in real life.

I do smile and answered, "I'm fine, I'm not easy pickings. I am here because of this letter. I would like to speak to the supervisor please."

Time: 8:20

Sprite shrugged, having apparently lost her interest already.

"It's alright", she said. "I like more spiritual beings anyway. You human have way too much physical body on top of that prana you hide inside, so you can't be eaten that well. You're like crabs."

Izumi turned to the two in the ceiling, apparently doing her best to be very brave at the moment. Girl opened her mouth, but as she was not the best when it came to communication, it took a while for her to find the right words. And before she could say out the sentence she had formed...

"You two....! What's with this lazying around??"

There was a loud pop and bang, and suddenly, in the airspace above Izumi and Aileen, another of these weird creatures had appeared. This one's body was of violet color, and clear-colored bubbles coursed through it's veins, though with speed that was almost double when compared to her sisters'. This creature had ears like two very aerodynamic wings stretching towards her back, and her eyes were glowing clear.

"P-Powerade-chan, we were just having a small break, break!" Fanta tried to explain.

"I'll show you two good-for-nothings a break...!" Powerade said with threatening voice, but before she could put her plan to the test, the two others had disappeared in a a series of bangs and pops. The manga and the cans of soda they had had fell to the floor from the ceiling immediately.

"W-wait a minute!" Powerade yelled, clearly annoyed, and disappear with similiar sound, apparently going after them.

Izumi and Aileen were left in a total silence.

"C-come. Supervisor is waiting", Izumi finally broke the silence, and begun leading Aileen to the other end of the shrine.

After a while of walking, the two arrived to the doors that led inside to the room filled with candles, and where the altar itself was. There, the supevisor Soujuurou Tsukuyomi waited. She was staring intently at one of the candles, one with much smaller flame than the others. As the doors opened, she closed her eyes, and then extinguished the flame with one fast move from her fan. Tsukuyomi then opened her fan, turned to look Aileen while hiding much of her face behind it.

Though it was clear from those eyes that created a heavy atmosphere that she was almost smiling as she saw the newcomer.

"Welcome, Master. I am the priestess of this shrine, and the supervisor of Tengetsu's Holy Grail War: Soujuurou Tsukuyomi. Now, how may I help you?"

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: 8:21

I met those dark eyes unflinchingly and did smile back at the near smile I saw gleaming in ebon depths. I noted the fan and the nine figures painted on it. As an artist I had to appreciate the details in each drawing etched on the fan. As a warrior who had learned since she could walk how to creatively hide blades, I had to appreciate it as a weapon.

Even though it was a a bit on the over dramatic side, I could appreciate the detail of it.

I walked over to the priestess and held out my hand. I said, "I'm Aileen Blackthorn of the Apache, Shaman of the Hoyero. I am honored to meet you Soujuurou Tsukuyomi. I received your letter and I would like to know more about this Grail War I've been chosen to fight in. Then we can get to other stuff that would be kinda rude to ask for right now."

Time: 8:22

For the first time, Soujuurou Tsukuyomi showed a sign of.....confusion. Her eyes narrowed a little, and her mouth, no longer hid by the fan, voicelessly mouthed the word: "Letter?". She, however, quickly regained her composure, but still refrained from taking Aileen's hand, instead giving her a slight bow. From the looks of it, this supervisor greatly dislikes western gestures.

"This Holy Grail War.......is a test, to find a person fit to receive a wish that shall be granted. To witness the birth of a miracle that existed outside the labyrinth. You are one of those chosen people, and we shall see if it is your wish that shall be granted. This is the fight of highest caliber, one fit to be called "Heaven's Moon". Yes.....this is a ritual called "Heaven's Moon". And in this ritual, there are three rules:"

Tsukuyomi folded her fan, and looked Aileen straight into eyes now. And it was as if the room behind her had grown darker, as suddenly, there seemed to be nothing more than Aileen, Tsukuyomi, and the candles in a dark void.

"Rule #1: You shall not let the people be aware of your presence under any circumstances. Of course, I am aware that when Heroic Spirits clash, it is impossible for there to not be collateral damage. However, this rule means you shall not fight during daylight, or in areas that are crowded at night. Do your best to avoid any witnesses. If you are seen because of your bad luck, then I, as the supervisor, will take care of the problem. However, if you are seen because of your ignorance and laziness, then a penalty shall be issued."

Tsukuyomi held a moment of pause before continuing.

"Rule #2: There shall be no fighting unless I allow it. Once each and every Master has visited me, I shall commence the War to begin, and give a signal that all of you will see. However, if I forbid you from fighting for some reason, you shall not engage in battle against each other under any circumstances. If you do so despite my orders, a penalty shall be issued."

She then swung her fan open, and the room returned to normal, as if there had never been anything wrong with it. Only sound that could be heard was the sound of small wooden puzzle-game Izumi played in the corner, something that seemed little like Rubik's cube.

"Rule #3: There are no other rules. This is a War. A secret war, but a war nonetheless. No tactic is too dirty, no maneuver too under-handed. Only thing that you should think about is victory. Concern yourselves with nothing else. You've here to acquire the Holy Grail, the call issued to you by the Command Seals. As long as you keep yourselves hidden from the civilians, and obey my commands if a need arises, I do not care what you will do."

Tsukuyomi gave a small glance to Izumi after she finished speaking, apparently finding it amuzing that the blind girl was more focused on the wooden game than doing her work as a scribe. But then the supervisor's attention was at Aileen again, her black eyes like guns pointed straight at her.

"Now......do you have any other questions?"

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: 8:23

Of course Soujuurou Tsukuyomi not knowing about the letter raised red flags in my mind. I pull the letter out of my jeans pocket and said, "So, you have no idea who sent this then?"

I process the rules and that makes sense. It's a War. Sometimes you have to fight dirty to win, and my people know about fighting dirty. Don't start the fight until she says so and if she says don't fight someone, don't fight someone. And, most importantly, make sure the Muggles don't know about Magic.

"Since you didn't send this letter and didn't know about it, I think someone else probably knows about the War too and is probably already trolling you," I tell her matter-of-factly.

Supervisor took the letter with a graceful move, reading it with fast pace, her eyes darting from line to another. It did not take a long time from her to read the letter, and when she finished, a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Hmhmh......hmhmh....fu....fufufufufu....." There seemed to be something very amusing to supervisor in the letter, as she let out something akin to a laugh once she had finished reading.

"I see. This is truly interesting. I'll see if I can find anything from this letter that would point out the sender", she said and concealed the letter in her sleeve. Then Tsukuyomi opened her fan and got back to the topic in hand.

"Now.......do you still have something else you want to discuss about?"

Bai Shui
    Time: (7:15) – (1/4)
    Day: (1st day)

The Light! It burns!

Tikhon Belanov
    Time: 7:27 (1/4)

What is this thing she gave me? A simple good luck ch-?

Oh. Oh. Oh my.

Putting the "good luck charm" inside my coat, managing to hide it just as she drags me outside. Outside the ex-door, in front of all the staring people. This is bad. I believe not getting seen was one of the first rules of the war. Another flash of light.

...Right, camera phones. This is bad. It isn't even the first day, and we'll probably already get on the news. My identity is public. The hotel records, room numbers, and everything else is here for the taking.

The other master's know who I am. They just have to turn on a television set, or read a paper. We need a new base, something out of the way.

But first, we have to get out of here.

"We need to get out of here." I tell Saber. "Someplace less public."

At least she's heading towards the stairs. The elevator would not be helpful. Besides, I'm in good enough shape that walking won't kill me.

Servant Saber
    Time: 7:28 (1/4)

It didn't take me long to get outside. Although the building had lots of quite confusing staircases and corridors, with the help of my Master, I managed to get us to the open streets. There, I was welcomed by the snow that seemed to cover everything, the town and the whole sky.

I inhaled the fresh air of living deeply.

"Mmmm, winter. I usually just lazed around during this time, but I guess this time I have no such luxury. Gwahahaha! I just have to beat my enemies fast and find a good fireplace that'll dry my boots after the battle!"

The people around me piqued my interest, mostly because they differed quite much when compared to the people I had seen in cities during my age. Not only their clothing and style, but the general feeling......I guess the world wasn't as merciless anymore as it had been.

But, those clothes.........Yes, those clothes.........

"I've changed my mind! I don't want food yet, I want some new clothes! What kind of girl would I be if I went around with just this one set of clothes, gwahahahaha!" I announce my next course of action, and begin to make my way through the snowy streets, scanning the windows of the shops with my eyes, trying to find a place that sells the kind of clothing I see everywhere around me.

Not that.......not that......ooh, jewelry.............not that either......

Got it.

I drag my Master inside to the shop, where I'm greeted by air much warmer than outside. And I don't even see a fireplace. Gwahahaha! This modern technology sure is handy! If they've got things like this, I wonder how great weapons they've got these days? I got to get my hands on few after I've won this war.

"W-welcome to the Arc en Ciel, the number 1 clothing shop of Tengetsu City. How may I help you, c-customer?" the female clerk asks quite nervously as she sees me enter the shop.

----- Hmh. Looks like I have to motivate this girl.

"I want you to dress me up in clothes that both fit this environment, and bring out my feminine side", I announce.

And there. I see it. The sparkle that lights up in her eyes as she sees a challenge laid before her.

"Right away!" The clerk says, before hurrying further into the shop, most likely already coming up with a battle plan.

"Wait a moment, boy. Men should always give ladies enough time when it concerns shopping for clothes", I say to my Master, before heading to the changing rooms, grabbing few interesting looking articles with me on my way.

Aileen Blackthorn

So I have a feeling I'm going to have to do my Best Agent Mulder, that means Trust No One. This suprivisor chick is already sending out warning bells in my head. Then to make it worse she's doing some weird ass laugh.

Faboo.

I wait until after she gets her cackling done and she asks me if there's anything else I need.

I nod, but wonder if taking one of her "safe" houses is a good idea. I need something private and hidden, but I don't want to be open at a hotel either. I figure I can stay at a safe house until I find something better. I nod and answered, "Yes, actually I do. In the letter it talks about safe houses. Is that still applicable, and if so may I take that offer up? If possible, I'd like one secluded from . . . well, civlization and the closer to either the forest or the mountains the better."

Time: 8:24

Tsukuyomi showed an amused expression.

"Looks like the writer knows me well. I do have indeed keys prepared for the safehouses. I think you'll want the one north-east of the cemetery, close to the edge of the city.....It is an old mansion that was used by a magus from France when he visited here.....though he does not need it anymore. I think you'll find the place fitting", she said, before turning to face Izumi, who had been engrossed in her wooden puzzle-game.

"Izumi, the key."

Blind girl made few last moves with the puzzle game, so that a word formed from the seemingly random letters that it had on all sides. Apparently there were many smaller pushable and twistable parts that, if moved right, would form different words. The word that read there right now was:

INNOCENT

Izumi walked over to Aileen without saying a word, and handed her a key from a large key-ring. It was an old key, one for a house that must have been from long ago. Supervisor nodded, satisfied.

"Do you have more things you want to ask about?" Tsukuyomi asked.

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: 8:27

I put the key in my pocket and smiled. I bowed because that seemed to be the custom and said, "Thank you.'

I stare at the puzzle and take note of the word. It seems rather important. I mean, my Spider-Sense is really tingling here. I look back at the priestess and ask, "When did this thing start? And what's the catch to the wish?"

Time: 8:28

"When did this thing start? And what's the catch to the wish?"

"The catch to the wish....?" Tsukuyomi asked, her eyes gleaming in the dimly lit room. For few seconds there was no sound, until a low, yet recognizable thing reached Aileen's ears.

It was the low laugh of the supervisor.

"The catch to the wish that you concern yourself with nothing more than winning. That is your role on this island. You are given a wish, and in order to get that, you need to win. There are no other things you should concern yourself with."

Tsukuyomi moved away from Aileen, turning her back on her. Izumi, too, retreated back to the corner of the room, where she was barely visible. It was applaudable how she was able to perfectly dodge all the candles in the room.

"The last time this thing happened was 96 years ago. Back then, a weakling declared herself a winner, but a beast appeared, and struck her down. Now is the time to repeat this game...." Supervisor said, and flung her fan open, and covered most of her face with it. She then gave Aileen a glare. Glare which could have sent chill down the spine of even bravest of inviduals.

"This is why you should concern yourself with nothing more than winning. If you do not........if you are the weakling of this war......a complete monster will appear. And he. Will. Take. Everything. From. Us."

After that, Tsukuyomi closed her eyes.

"This conversation is over. You can use the hidden path that leads out of the shrine, and starts from the eastern side. I sense another Master approaching the shrine, and you, most likely, do not want to meet this person."

Aileen Blackthorn
    Time: 8:27

. . . I guess no one's read "The Monkey's Paw" here. Then again, some people don't get me. Like I said, I'm a child of modern pop culture. Still, she's doing her "I'm so awesome and crumble before me mortal" routine, and I know I should be at least more than a little wigged out. Still, I'm not going to show I'm having a case of the heebie jeebies, that's just bad show.

Still, this complete monster thing has caught my interest. I'm being dismissed, but if there's some Great Evil Afoot, I have to help stop it. I can't just let it run rapid and let it crush, kill and destroy. This gives me something to focus for. I don't have a wish, but if some weak assed bitch gets a wish and lets out the Big Bad I will stop them.

This isn't me being arrogant or thinking I'm awesome, it's truth.

That's what Shamans do.

Then she says, "This conversation is over. You can use the hidden path that leads out of the shrine, and starts from the eastern side. I sense another Master approaching the shrine, and you, most likely, do not want to meet this person."

Now that she said that, I do. Plus, my bike is in the front of the temple. I can't just leave it there, it's a rental for Christ's sake. I'll act like I'll go out from the back and then double around back to the front. I'll put my helmet on so the other master doesn't see me, but I might get a good look at them.

I smirk and say, "Of course. Thanks for your help."

With that, I head out of the shrine, and once outside, I slip my helmet back on. Then I run back to the front. If I have to, I can just rent another bike of a different make and year to cause confusion. I can also repaint this helmet with something bitching if I need to as well.