Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair's Beta Reading - offers and/or requests, inquire within

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephirin View Post
    So I've been working on a crossover fic of Dresden Files and Fate that I could use a beta for.

It's basically being written as a "Dresden case," by which I mean, in Chicago and primarily from Dresden's point of view. As such, readers of Butcher's work would be particularly useful to help me keep the necessary voice, though don't feel constrained if you haven't read it.

I'm currently sitting on a buffer of around five chapters, and looking to get about five more written and beta-read before I start posting them at all.
    Little rusty on my Dresdenverse knowledge but I'd be willing to look it over. Love the books.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Arch-Magos has gotten a bit busy lately, so I could use a new beta.

Same crossover fic as my last post. Currently sitting on a buffer of eight chapters, aiming for ten 'fore I start releasing them.

I've noticed there's a ton of Saber fanfics(because who wouldn't write about the best) but I can't find very many regarding Rin, the ending of Rin True was pretty... sweet, compared to the Fate ending which was bitter(bittersweet at best), but while it was sweet it had potential for fanfics/epilogues/etc that I was looking forward to reading with my 6 AM pizza, but.. where the fuck are they? I'm looking for fanfics over 80k words, preferring larger(I can't get fully interested in a story under 50k words unless it's REALLY good, but even if I do, I dislike short stories) and checking FFN only yielded 1-2 stories worth reading, and they were just rewrites of 5th HGW from Rin PoV, interesting concept but I'm looking for a continuation/epilogue. Anyone know if there's one floating around? Or, if a saint felt like writing one, that'd be great too. The endings in VN are always.. unsatisfying, fanfics usually fix that but there's not much to go with regarding Rin as a main character.

tl:dr wtb Rin fanfic of large-ludicrous size.

Also any good FSN fanfic reccomendations are welcome(will always look at 100k+ word stories and review)

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shail View Post
    I've noticed there's a ton of Saber fanfics(because who wouldn't write about the best) but I can't find very many regarding Rin, the ending of Rin True was pretty... sweet, compared to the Fate ending which was bitter(bittersweet at best), but while it was sweet it had potential for fanfics/epilogues/etc that I was looking forward to reading with my 6 AM pizza, but.. where the fuck are they? I'm looking for fanfics over 80k words, preferring larger(I can't get fully interested in a story under 50k words unless it's REALLY good, but even if I do, I dislike short stories) and checking FFN only yielded 1-2 stories worth reading, and they were just rewrites of 5th HGW from Rin PoV, interesting concept but I'm looking for a continuation/epilogue. Anyone know if there's one floating around? Or, if a saint felt like writing one, that'd be great too. The endings in VN are always.. unsatisfying, fanfics usually fix that but there's not much to go with regarding Rin as a main character.

tl:dr wtb Rin fanfic of large-ludicrous size.

Also any good FSN fanfic reccomendations are welcome(will always look at 100k+ word stories and review)
    Wrong place for this question but I'll answer nonetheless. Recommendations off the top of my head are "Dear____" series by Tobias, "Shared Resonance of Possession Experience" By Arashi, "Bundle of Joy" by Phoenix Act and Fate indubitanter by Lacks Gravitas. I feel for you about lack of UBW fics but nothing I can do.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Dunno why you're bringing this up in the beta thread.
    Because I've been up for 40 something hours babysitting and I tend to stop reading once I see what I'm looking for.. and forget what I read up until that point. I looked at this thread and saw requests and that it was stickied. I was hoping for an interesting UBW ff to keep me awake, but not having much luck. "In The Core of a Jewel" on FFN is the best one I've found, out of you know.. like... 4

Take a step back, yo MissingMandible's Avatar
    I would like someone to beta and hit ideas around with me. Please PM me if you are interested. I'll send a PM that has my premise as well as quite a few ideas as a response.
    Last edited by MissingMandible; December 4th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Looking for a beta that would also brainstorm/bounce around ideas with. The premise of the fic is similar to F/HA, with a Shirou looping a week to solve a problem. This time Shirou is a comatose patient that woke up after twenty years of sleeping and the problem is a magus serial killer, amongst a bunch of other things.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    As my friend is on vacation until the end of the month, I'm looking for beta readers who are well-versed in the universes of Shin Megami Tensei and Type-Moon with particular knowledge of the elements of Fate/Zero. A general knowledge of recent pop-culture media will help as well. Thank you, please PM me if you think you can help.

So yeah, I'm sure some of you have read my fanfic Aria of Fate.
    It's been a while and I've finally gotten to be able to type again. (albeit slowly)
    Because of my massive delay, some of my betas are either busy with something else or have gone MIA. (no reply for 3-5 months)

So here I am now looking for a beta for this story. I prefer somebody with knowledge on the lore of SAO or Type-moon or preferably both.
    Chapter 2 will be posted in a few hours and following that will be Extra Side's 1st chapter.

I'm hoping to release an improved ver.2 of chapter 2 and extra side. Chapter 1 here isn't updated and were missing a few paragraphs which I didn't notice. O_O
    So I'll be including a ver3 for chapter 1 too.

Here's hoping somebody that is up for the task can give an answer fast so I can get to finishing chapter 3 and 4 + extra side's 2nd chapter... *fingers crossed*

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    (what a weird time for me to post this...)
    -Aria of Fate Fanfic - FSN x SAO crossover: Current Progress [ch.4]
    -Heaven's After Days Fanfic - FSN x Mahou Koukou no Rettousei crossover: Current Progress [Planning Stage]
    -Magic Xross Wars Doujin - Type-Moon x To aru x Nanoha crossover: Current Progress [Planning Stage Development Hell]

Looking for a beta for This has to be a mistake! If anyone is interested, please let me know. (This is a different fic from the previous post I made.)
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Hope this thing is newbie friendly...

Just signed up with the intention of posting a fanfiction I've been planning for a little while, and having someone to beta/proofread/bounce ideas off of would be a great benefit. Fair warning, it's an OC heavy affair set in the Fate/Apocrypha timeline.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    I'm currently seeking one or more Beta Readers to help me in writing my Crossover Fan-fic, Fate/Dream Ravens. You've probably noticed it in the threads below the pinned ones, since it's been going decently well. However, I guess that no matter the amount of proof-reading I do, there will always be typos and idiocies that'll slip by my sensors.

Hence why I'd gladly appreciate anyone that'd offer some assistance.

Knowledge in Type-Moon Lore is also welcome so that I can bounce these people some ideas.

Looking for a beta for Son of the Great--and this time, NOT a lemon. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a Shirou raised by Iskandar fic, mostly dramady/action(though I really need to start working on more actiony bits). I'm revising the Berserker fight into a three-parter; I've already posted the first two, but the last one I'd really like someone to look over, if you'd be so kind.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Hey, is there anyone interested in becoming my beta reader for The Hero Of A Thousand Blades?

Now that I've figured out a suitable premise, I should manage to do a Prologue in a week or two.

Right, I'm going to try and get started on Adrift in the Kaliedoscope and need a beta. I miss a fair bit of spelling admittedly and would appreciate someone willing to call me on even questionable plot points.

Oh how small... I need a proofreader for my fate/rose.corruption fic...

Perhaps one of you would like to work out a deal with me to trade proofreads or so? :O

Blog Entries
    Sure, shoot it at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Leo stop finding reasons to put off judging. Nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Preacher View Post
    Sure, shoot it at me.
    D00d I sent y0u a PM~