Page 205 of 217 FirstFirst ... 105155195200203204205206207210215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4329

Thread: TYPE-MOON FES. 10TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
    Yup. Almost any idiot who'd read UBW and had a functioning memory would know that Rin watched Shirou trying to clear an impossible high jump.

Except those of us who think Rin and others exist only as supporting characters for Sakura, I guess?
    No, I'm aware that Rin did watch Shirou, I just don't think that's the main reason she saved him.

And, no, that doesn't make her a "supporting character for Sakura", but it does mean Sakura is important to her.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Assuming for a moment that you are correct and Rin would just leave some one to die callously like that, by that same logic Raiga is the most important character because without him Shirou doesn't even get to keep his house with the boundary field or the summoning circle he needs to summon Saber.
    Yes, but, unlike Raiga, Sakura has an actual role in the story. OK, so her involvement in Fate and UBW is fairly limited (although not absolutely non-existant), but Saber's real involvement in HF is very limited, and Sakura's involvement there is huge.
    Last edited by Mike1984; November 19th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Assuming for a moment that you are correct and Rin would just leave some one to die callously like that, by that same logic Raiga is the most important character because without him Shirou doesn't even get to keep his house with the boundary field or the summoning circle he needs to summon Saber.
    Naw, mang, Zel is the most important character because he make Grail go vroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    No, because Sakura's personality and relationship to Shirou actually matters.
    Not in Fate or UBW. Which I believe was the point.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Edits made upwards.

No, but she cared enough to save him because of Sakura....
    Haha really?

No, because Sakura's personality and relationship to Shirou actually matters.
    Yes, her personality/relationship to Shirou as... the generic shy schoolgirl appearing once in a while and making him breakfast sometimes... certainly had a great effect. He would be hungry if it wasn't for her! (not talking about HF here ofc)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Naw, mang, Zel is the most important character because he make Grail go vroom.
    He not make Grail go vroom. Artificial snow lady, chūni worm boy and my-father-is-a-worthless-mage jewel girl make Grail go vroom.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Not in Fate or UBW. Which I believe was the point.
    Yes, it does. Not as much as it does in HF, true, but it does matter.

Yes, but, unlike Raiga, Sakura has an actual role in the story. OK, so her involvement in Fate and UBW is fairly limited (although not absolutely non-existant), but Saber's real involvement in HF is very limited, and Sakura's involvement there is huge.
    Saber's involvement in HF is way deeper than Sakura's involvement in Fate and UBW altogether. She dies, she becomes dark saber, they have a touching scene where Shirou kills her, which alone is more attention than he ever paid to Sakura in any other route.

Blog Entries
    Zouken/Nagato/Just-however-her-name-is-spelled confirmed to be most important character trinity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    No, I'm aware that Rin did watch Shirou, I just don't think that's the main reason she saved him.

And, no, that doesn't make her a "supporting character for Sakura", but it does mean Sakura is important to her.
    Well, I happen to think that Rin might have more than one reason for saving Shirou, and will be more or less comfortable - or honest - about those reasons, even with herself.

Secondly, no-one claimed that Sakura wasn't important to Rin. That she's less important to the storyline in two thirds of the routes, than either Saber or Rin, have both been bandied about. But, hey, change those goalposts, man.
    Last edited by Trevelyan; November 19th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

I always saw that as Nasu trolling. Oh, random girl comes over to Shirou's house to cook for him? Probably just to emphasize school/a side character like Taiga -OH. OH GOD. WORMS.

Blog Entries
    He not make Grail go vroom. Artificial snow lady, chūni worm boy and my-father-is-a-worthless-mage jewel girl make Grail go vroom.
    Zel is like that one guy in groups who claims his job as 'organizer' and then gets top billing, isn't he.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yes, it does. Not as much as it does in HF, true, but it does matter.
    How?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

See my edit, also Saber's role in Unlimited Blade Works and in Heaven's Feel is still way bigger then Sakura's role in Fate and Unlimited Blade Works where she cooks food and then is forgotten.

More importantly, HOLY CRAP you gaiz! I just realized that by Mike's reasoning the most improtant character is Shinji! Without Shinji, Sakura never goes to take care of Shirou. And he has a big role in each route that moves the plot along. Koto, get in here! You were right all along.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Zel is the smart kid who gets assigned to your group and who doesn't really help because he just wants to see if you fail.

Blog Entries
    Just read this as if Tiger Colosseum Berserker were actually saying it. Can't stop laughing.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Now I bet he posts the line about Sakura's face flashing in her mind, and leaves out the flashback to the bar scene and the fact that Rin herself totally had the hots for him ever since then, too.
    This.

Rin had many reasons to save Shirou. Even without Sakura, she would still have saved him cause she had the hots for him.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Crimson Moon is the most important character because if he hadn't tried to destroy the world then Zelretch wouldn't have fought him and gotten turned into a vampire thus gaining immortality and the ability to live long enough to eventually meet Nagato and "teach him a few things" in exchange for a favor that changed the course of Nagato's destiny and led to him getting involved with the Einzberns and the Matous and making the Holy Grail ritual that caused the events of FSN, where Shirou got killed and then saved by Rin.

So you see, CM saved Shirou by allowing the situation where he died to exist. In fact, CM saved him in the fire too. All praise CM, the holy savior.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; November 19th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Crimson Moon is the most important character because if he hadn't tried to destroy the world then Zelretch wouldn't have fought him and gotten turned into a vampire thus gaining immortality and the ability to live long enough to eventually meet Nagato and "teach him a few things" in exchange for a favor that changed the course of Nagato's destiny and led to him getting involved with the Einzberns and the Matous and making the Holy Grail ritual that caused the events of FSN.
    Winner.

Blog Entries
    Zelretch would totally have become a DAA via magecraft anyway. Crimson Moon sucks.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

You guys are all wrong, Shiki is connected to everything and is the Root itself. Without her, there not only is no Holy Grail War, there's no anything. Nasu should make sure to remind us by putting her in everything. It's probably to late to slip her into the Realtu Nua rerelease (unless there's another Hanafuda team to announce), but he can still manage a major supporting role in the Tsukihime remake I bet.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」