Page 207 of 217 FirstFirst ... 107157197202205206207208209212 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4329

Thread: TYPE-MOON FES. 10TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT

I'm not convinced. I don't honestly believe that "hey, I have the hots for this guy" would be enough for her to give up her trump card, whereas looking out for Sakura is, IMO.
    Flashing images of a sister she got separated from ages ago are way more convincing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Uhm... Did you miss how Rin acts around Shirou for most of the Fate and UBW routes? Specially the night where he summons Saber?
    Sure Rin likes him, but I don't think that would have been sufficient. Rin couldn't justify to herself giving up such an advantage for a guy she has a vague crush on.

I really don't think that "Sakura being upset" was the main motive at all, and probably held even less weight than her other motives.
    If that is true, then why is it the absolute first thing that came to her mind?

Blog Entries
    Paging Mike1984 to #notes. Paging Mike1984 to #notes. We want to see you stream of consciousness this extreme case of denial live. On there, you'll also be free of the constraints of civilized behavior you find so onerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That thread has simultaneously respawned my disgust for 4chan, and ripped away some of what little hope I have left for humanity.

Was still hilarious, though.
    The first time I was overwhelmed by anime cuteness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post

Oh my God they look like adorable kittens I want to take them home with me!

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps, but if you compare FSN characters, Sakura is losing out badly.
    Not really, she is getting more stuff by the day, and as mentioned has many more figures than other characters. And has a strong loyal fanbase. I'd say you should just sit back and enjoy other works as well as Fate. Then you'll notice the sheer amount of things to get into, so you won't focus on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Not DDD.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
    Cry more. Saber has serious importance in all of the Fate routes, Sakura doesn't. Disagree with the word choice all you want, but the facts remain.
    Actually, that isn't true. It's rather just most of her stuff is in the background and doesn't come to light until later. Without her, you wouldn't have Rider who wouldn't cause Rin to investigate the boundary field at school, which causes the legendary Night of Fate.

Fate is a large web of interconnection, so there aren't many characters who don't have some decent amount of importance.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Not really, she is getting more stuff by the day
    Really? Because I haven't noticed....

as mentioned has many more figures than other characters.
    Who?

Ayako? Zouken? Shinji? Assassin?

And has a strong loyal fanbase.
    True, although apparently that's a bad thing....

I'd say you should just sit back and enjoy other works as well as Fate.
    Well, I will read them some time, although it seems somewhat pointless given that the admins of this site clearly do not want me here or want to be remotely fair with me....

Then you'll notice the sheer amount of things to get into, so you won't focus on one character.
    Perhaps. When Sakura stops getting treated like complete shit then I would be more inclined to do that....

Then you'll notice the sheer amount of things to get into, so you won't focus on one character.
    Haha...
    oh wait it's sad...

Blog Entries
    Fate is a large web of interconnection, so there aren't many characters who don't have some decent amount of importance.
    I think we can all agree that Makidera has the absolute least amount of importance out of anyone in the entire game, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Perhaps. When Sakura stops getting treated like complete shit then I would be more inclined to do that....
    Why?

P.S. I like Sakura. She's just less important than Saber. And maybe Rin. And it's a fact, it's not treading like shit. Maybe wait till Nasu makes 3 more Sakura-centered routes, then she'll be more important.
    Last edited by Enhance; November 19th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I felt this needed to be emphasized.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That thread has simultaneously respawned my disgust for 4chan, and ripped away some of what little hope I have left for humanity.

Was still hilarious, though.
    The first time I was overwhelmed by anime cuteness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post

Oh my God they look like adorable kittens I want to take them home with me!

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sure Rin likes him, but I don't think that would have been sufficient. Rin couldn't justify to herself giving up such an advantage for a guy she has a vague crush on.

If that is true, then why is it the absolute first thing that came to her mind?
    On the first, without Sakura, I doubt Rin would have been so restrained about her crush on Shirou. Hell, it would probably have made her more agressive and less in denial about it. So chances are, it would have been more than enough.

On the second... I dunno. Scenes in UBW make me think it was just narrative convenience, but in this one all I can do is guessing.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    True, although apparently that's a bad thing....
    It's a bad thing because you never convert any non-fans to liking her, and only alienate them from you with your ranting. Most Sakura fans probably won't declare a newfound hatred for her just because of your very vocal opinion, but I doubt anyone is ever going to change their mind with the way you try to do so.

Who?

Ayako? Zouken? Shinji? Assassin?
    The fact that you immediately start listing Fate characters just shows how bad it is, but just to play along I'm fairly certain all the male Servants (and male characters in general), most Fate/Zero characters, all Fate/Extra characters, all Fate/Apocrypha characters (which is now a thing by the way), and I could go on.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post
    Why?

P.S. I like Sakura. She's just less important than Saber. And maybe Rin. And it's a fact, it's not treading like shit. Maybe wait till Nasu makes 3 more Sakura-centered routes, then she'll be more important.
    I don't think she's significantly less important than Saber. And, as for Rin, I'd say she's far more important to the overall story than Saber is. She links practically everything together, and without her almost none of it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainru View Post
    It's a bad thing because you never convert any non-fans to liking her, and only alienate them from you with your ranting. Most Sakura fans probably won't declare a newfound hatred for her just because of your very vocal opinion, but I doubt anyone is ever going to change their mind with the way you try to do so.
    Yes, I accept that, which is why I have been trying to change, and been generally calmer. But, apparently, trying to change isn't good enough for Altima, so why the fuck should I bother?

I'm sick of being treated like crap just because I have strong opinions and tend to express them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    The fact that you immediately start listing Fate characters just shows how bad it is, but just to play along I'm fairly certain all the male Servants (and male characters in general), most Fate/Zero characters, all Fate/Extra characters, all Fate/Apocrypha characters (which is now a thing by the way), and I could go on.
    You mean the male servants aside from Archer and probably Lancer...?

Extra I'm not convinced about. Zero I'll give you, but then it's a lot newer (particularly the anime), and Apocrypha hasn't even been released yet, so that's not a fair comparison.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Actually, that isn't true. It's rather just most of her stuff is in the background and doesn't come to light until later. Without her, you wouldn't have Rider who wouldn't cause Rin to investigate the boundary field at school, which causes the legendary Night of Fate.

That's an excellent point, Altima. Although, I suppose I could argue that there would be no boundary if Shinji wasn't depraved enough to use his school as a mana battery, he still wouldn't have the means to do so without Sakura.

Doesn't change the fact that Sakura goes home on day X and is forgotten about in 2 of 3 routes, but the point is well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I'm sick of being treated like crap just because I have strong opinions and tend to express them.
    Expressing your strongly held opinions is not the same as spazzing out and throwing a tantrum, swearing every other word, calling other forum members fascist nazi assholes, threatening to slit people's throats and then crying about how mean we are to you for not letting you behave so deplorably. Clearly, you're the victim here.
    Last edited by Trevelyan; November 19th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

You mean the male servants aside from Archer and probably Lancer...?

Extra I'm not convinced about. Zero I'll give you, but then it's a lot newer (particularly the anime), and Apocrypha hasn't even been released yet, so that's not a fair comparison.
    Archer has maybe 2 and all Lancer gets is a Nendroid petit and some "trading figure". All of Fate/Extra has 3 figures, 2 of which are Saber, and a dolfie. Zero was released a year after Hollow Ataraxia.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Archer has maybe 2 and all Lancer gets is a Nendroid petit and some "trading figure". All of Fate/Extra has 3 figures, 2 of which are Saber, and a dolfie. Zero was released a year after Hollow Ataraxia.
    Actually, according to MyFigureCollection there are 31 Archers, including garage kits, and 52 Sakuras. Ilya has 44, Rin gets 89 and Saber... 233. Also, Shirou gets 7 so he's clearly less important to the story than everyone.

This makes Sakura the third most important person in the whole Fate series, as is befitting a heroine who is irrelevant for two whole routes.
    Last edited by Vagrant; November 19th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Well if you include garage kits you're going to get a much larger number.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Fine, Sakura has 29 without kits, and Archer has 17. You happy now? Also, Illya has 28. So she's about as important as Sakura.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Fine, Sakura has 29 without kits, and Archer has 17. You happy now? Also, Illya has 28. So she's about as important as Sakura.
    Yes, and? That doesn't prove anything, because Sakura should be close to Rin and Saber, not miles behind.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No Saber, no Avalon.

No Avalon, no rescued burning midget Shirou.

Yes, I accept that, which is why I have been trying to change, and been generally calmer. But, apparently, trying to change isn't good enough for Altima, so why the fuck should I bother?

It's called civilisation. You don't shit in your town's water supply- not because everyone'll lynch you for it, but because you're a person, and people drink from that well.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP