Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth More Broken (Post Mind of Steel Bad End)(Rin x Misaya)

Blog Entries

Worth More Broken (Post Mind of Steel Bad End)(Rin x Misaya)

Sentence prompt fic, haven't done one of these in awhile. 'Gold', 'Anything', 'Beyond', and 'Stay' contributed by Aiden. The rest is me. Do enjoy! ... And it's post Mind of Steel because why not?

Worth More Broken

1. Mail

Tohsaka Rin of Fuyuki City, it is with the upmost delight and honor that we offer you a fully paid scholarship to the Clock Tower, as reward for going above and beyond the call of your duties as an overseer…

2. Sin

Kotomine enjoys lecturing her on the sin of homosexuality, but Rin often tunes him out after the first two minutes; her greatest sin is her sister’s blood, still staining her hands after so many years.

3. Anticipation

Misaya is sitting and waiting for class to start, vaguely wondering if she should scare the teacher and bring her dogs, when the room falls into a hushed, strained silence that makes her look up just in time to see Rin walking through the door.

4. Impression

Rin is cold like ice and speaks in a calm, almost emotionless voice that makes older magi cringe, but Misaya sees the tiny blaze of fire in her eyes when no one looks.

5. Opposite

Rin got into the Clock Tower on a scholarship and high recommendations from every magus who matters; Misaya got into the Clock Tower by powering through the entrance exams.

6. Puppy Love

“I think one of your dogs has a crush on me.”

7. Blood

Misaya’s eyes unnerve Rin, the calm, deep red depths of them; she looks into her eyes, and at first all she sees is Sakura’s bloody, dead body.

8. Impulse

They’re studying for an exam—or Rin’s studying, at least, Misaya’s just tossing a ball to entertain one of her dogs—when she happens to see Rin glaring at her, eyes gleaming with annoyance and looking amazingly sexy in those glasses, and then Misaya kisses her and she’s never quite sure why.

9. Warmth

Misaya likes Rin best when her hair is down, because when she combs her fingers through the silky black strands, the other girl practically melts into her.

10. Interrupt

“Do you mind?” Misaya practically snarls, eyes blazing at the poor student who walked in on them, and Rin’s still trying to get her thoughts in order beyond where did she learn to do that thing with her tongue?

11. Build

Before, Rin looked towards the future and expected nothing from it; it only seemed fair. Now she looks towards the future, and she sees Misaya.

12. Remember

“…. Hm? What’s with this ribbon, Tohsaka? I’ve never seen you wear it before.”

13. Memory

Rin goes stiff and still when she sees the red ribbon in Misaya’s fingers, and Misaya realizes this is one of those things she’ll only learn with time.

14. Spoil

“You know, she’s going to get mad at me. You’re all getting fat, and she knows I’m a better cook than she is.”

15. Anything

In the end, she would be able to avoid explaining things to Rin by washing her hands.

16. Red

“So I think your favorite color is blue,” Misaya begins conversationally, and laughs when Rin tackles her.

17. Above

The first thing she does before leaving Fuyuki is go to her old spot on top of the roof in the main district, and it sickens her how the people below look so small and insignificant.

18. Beyond

She kept getting their stockings mixed up; it didn’t matter much anymore.

19. Life

Misaya knows it’s love when one of her dogs gives birth, and Rin cradles the puppy like it’s a precious stone.

20. Death

The second thing she does before leaving Fuyuki is visit Sakura’s grave; she leaves a single black ribbon there and never looks back.

21. Family

“Well, if it helps? Your family is dead, and I have a bad relationship with mine. So I think we’re both kind of fucked up in that aspect.”

22. Rebirth

She wasn’t really living, after the Grail War, and she knew that; it wasn’t until she met Misaya that Rin felt the blood flow through her veins and heard her heart begin to beat again.

23. Deliverance

The scholarship makes her sick and she desires nothing more than to burn it with fire, but it’s the only way she can escape Fuyuki and a smiling priest with venom in his eyes.

24. Options

The one time Rin made the mistake of telling Misaya she could do better, she missed classes for the day and was seen limping the next.

25. Morals

“Oh, those? I turn those off when I want something.”

26. Trapped

“It’s the only way, Rin.” He smiles so gently as he fades away, and Rin only wants to crush him to her and beg him to not leave her alone.

27. Free

Studying for the entrance exams is hell and kills her social life, but Misaya knows it’s the only chance she has to get into the world outside of her pack.

28. Passion

When Misaya kisses, she kisses holding absolutely nothing back, pinning Rin and claiming everything about her, and they both love every minute of it.

29. Cold

All Misaya remembers of her birthplace is snow and a chill wind that sunk into her bones; she’s in no rush to return to it now that she’s somewhere warmer.

30. Run

Rin enjoys her morning jogs, even if she wasn’t much of an athlete in high school; she enjoys them even more when one of Misaya’s dogs is with her.

31. Sleep

Misaya quickly notices how Rin only seems to sleep peacefully when she’s nearby, but she knows it’s too early in their relationship to ask.

32. Gold

She’s glad Misaya never tried to buy her anything like that; it reminds her too much of the one who took away the last of all she had.

33. War

If the wounds from this fight don’t kill her, Rin thinks, she’s damn sure the memories will sooner or later.

34. Peace

The memories don’t leave her even when the War ends, and Rin is more convinced than ever that they’ll be the death of her.

35. Alpha

Misaya loves dogs more than she’s ever loved anything or anyone else, because dogs have never questioned her role in their life.

36. Wonder

“Hm…. Hey, Rin, you think we could try this sometime? It looks fun.”

37. Shock

Rin glances with only half a mind at the sex show Misaya is watching, and nearly chokes when she sees how both women are bending.

38. Dark

Night is the worst time for Rin; it’s the moment when her memories are the strongest, and the tears are the hardest to fight back.

39. Best

“Hey, Misaya. Did it ever cross your mind that you don’t need to try and be the best? I like you the way you are.”

40. Scars

Misaya’s body is laced with small, faded, barely noticeable scars that no one ever notices even when she shows skin; Rin knows them all like the back of her hand.

41. Mark

The faded outline of her Command Seals remain on the back of her hand, even now; the first time Misaya kisses there, Rin breaks down and cries.

42. Crazy

Rin knows it’s time to question her sanity when she’s out in the snow, wrestling with several large black dogs, and she’s actually having fun.

43. Heir

“With all due respect, Grandmother, you may be interested in her because of her genes and her family name. I’m not, so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t talk about her like that.”

44. Words

Misaya has never been very good with talking, with putting her thoughts and feelings into words; it’s okay, though, she knows Rin doesn’t mind.

45. Fall

“Be careful. Keep this up and I might fall in love with you.”

46. Catch

“Why do you say that like it should bother me?”

47. Sacrifice

He had given up his ideals, to become the man his father had been; for him she gave up her heart, because she knew killing Sakura would have ended him.

48. Fingertips

In school Misaya grins and whispers naughty things into Rin’s ear, but at home she’s shockingly gentle, tracing the lines of her body with upmost care, and Rin isn’t sure which side of her girlfriend is the true personality.

49. Murmur

Rin doesn’t scream when she crests the peak and goes over; Rin moans softly and sighs out in contentment as her body practically becomes liquid, eyes cloudy with desire and pleasure, and to Misaya that small sound is more satisfying to hear than any scream.

50. Stay

“It’s okay, you’ve got room on the bed.” Rin didn’t have tears enough to respond.

51. First

“I love you.” It’s the first time Rin says it, and it’s the first time she’s ever seen Misaya cry.
    Last edited by RadiantBeam; March 6th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    I feel like saying "d'awww..." to this is an understatement. ;w;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    DAMN YOU BL AND YOUR EDITING.

Gah. Problems should be fixed now.

Blog Entries
    Why do we love this particular version of this pairing so much, Beamu?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Because of the hurt/comfort potential.

Blog Entries
    Right, right, that was my answer when you asked it a few days ago. Exams kill my memory.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Been while since I last saw this format, and you write it wonderfully, Beam. ^^
    [Edited]
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 6th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Assets transcending Virtual and Reality themasterwarlord's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why are you so good at this, damn it!?

Anyway, who does the "he" refers to? Shirou?

~I hate writing English paragraphs longer that one line. Or any language, really.~

In the middle of re-re-redoubling the effort of erasing the habit of lurking for the 9001st time

Blog Entries
    In which line, tmw?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themasterwarlord View Post
    Why are you so good at this, damn it!?
    Because I enjoy yanking heartstrings.

Anyway, who does the "he" refers to? Shirou?
    If you're thinking line 47, then yep, the "he" is Shirou.

Wait.... what. Komrade Kwestions's Avatar
    If it's 26, it has to be Archer. Line 47, Shirou.

*Sniped*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois McMaster Bujold
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    I think it is Archer then Shirou. The he that.

EDITouble Headshot!
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    EDITouble Headshot!
    Headshots. Headshots everywhere.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mind of Steel and lesbians?

*fappity fap fap*

In all seriousness, as good as ever. You took the hurt/comfort potential in Rin after Mind of Steel, added Misaya, and made something delightful. It was sweet, it hurt at times (or should of, I felt like Kotomine), and was overall quite satisfying. Good job.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and since this was a joint project, kudos to the both of you!
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    This was fun to work on for the whole half an afternoon or so it took. Good times.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    This was fun to work on for the whole half an afternoon or so it took. Good times.
    Didn't take that long, actually. Unless you count how long we've been discussing this couple since we got the idea.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Hey hey. Do one for Mind of steel Shirou if that's possible at all.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If MoS Shirou is done, I support straight up tragedy and raw pain for him. If he gets any peace it should be as he lies dying decades after the war, clinging to the way of Emiya Kiritsugu like it'll be his redemption.

And in the end it's a saltwater draught that killed him piece by piece.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Hey hey. Do one for Mind of steel Shirou if that's possible at all.
    ...that would be a lot of angst and killing.

@HoR: So...basically similar to what we know about Extra-EMIYA, at least as far as I know.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...that would be a lot of angst and killing.
    And your point is...?
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.