View Poll Results: Which Saber would be best for Shirou?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arturia (Original waifu--ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES)

15 26.79%
  • Nero (She's basically the love-child of Iskandar and Saber)

15 26.79%
  • Mordred (Because daddy issues)

20 35.71%
  • Attila (Just to be completly hipster)

5 8.93%
  • Siegfried (Screw the women, this boy needs a MANLY MAN)

16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Son of the Great

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
    Shirou after the Fuyuki fire was left a completely blank slate. The fire wiped away his memory, his personality, and even his perception of the world around him. After the event, one of his first memories is seeing the joy Kiritsugu feels when he is able to save him. Why do you think he is constantly referred to as a Faker? Its not just because he produced "fake" weaponry, everything about him is borrowed from how he perceived his father to be. However, it wasn't till after Kiritsugu's death (and the events of the 5th HGW) that he realized the full extent of those borrowed ideals. The whole idea behind there being separate routes in Fate/Stay Night is looking at how Shirou could possibly choose to adress this crisis of ideals.

Its one thing for Shirou to adopt Rider's habits and ideas. Its another thing entirely to replace his "saving people" thing and replace it with "for great happiness" and keep them on the same level.
    No, not really. Shirou's memory and identity may have been wiped, but you can't simply "wipe out" someone's personality in that way. Sure, Kiritsugu influenced it, but it's clear from Archer and from Shirou himself (especially in HF), that his true personality is generically caring, and wanting to make others happy. The only difference with Kiritsugu around is that he took onboard his ideal (of "save everyone") and ran with it. HF shows that, when it counts, his true nature is capable of ensuring he follows a different path from the one Kiritsugu took.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Archer also shows that even though Shirou is a generally kind person he also comes with a sarcastic/trolling streak few can match.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    I say it's beautiful mah boi. Sorry I'm late. I've been sleeping like a mofo.

THIS IS EPIC

You know there should be an omake where Shirou adopted his 'dads' habit of either sleeping nude or walking around the house naked/without pants.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And, shortly after, Sakura dies due to massive loss of blood from the nose....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    You know there should be an omake where Shirou adopted his 'dads' habit of either sleeping nude or walking around the house naked/without pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    And, shortly after, Sakura dies due to massive loss of blood from the nose....

"You can conquer me anytime----- sempai"

Illya is best servant

Sakura visits Shirou early in the morning just to see him nude afterall she wants to make sure the goods on her future man are in top condition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Sakura visits Shirou early in the morning just to see him nude afterall she wants to make sure the goods on her future man are in top condition.
    Eye Scream

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Eye Scream

He pokes her eye out when he walks out of his room in his conquerors outfit in the morning?-------

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    He pokes her eye out when he walks out of his room in his conquerors outfit in the morning?-------
    Emiya Shirou then proceeds to eloquently react.

"I HAVE TO PEEEEEEE"

Hm, what about Zouken? He had some involvement in the last Grail War and I wouldn't be surprised if he was keeping an eye on things, and thus knew Rider is and was a Servant. And what about Gil? It seems a bit much that Gil and Iskander could go TEN YEARS in the same small to medium sized city without encountering one another, or learning of each other's existence...or maybe they did.

One last question, any chance Broskander can get the Gordius Wheel back?

Quote Originally Posted by EVA-Saiyajin View Post
    Hm, what about Zouken? He had some involvement in the last Grail War and I wouldn't be surprised if he was keeping an eye on things, and thus knew Rider is and was a Servant. And what about Gil? It seems a bit much that Gil and Iskander could go TEN YEARS in the same small to medium sized city without encountering one another, or learning of each other's existence...or maybe they did.

One last question, any chance Broskander can get the Gordius Wheel back?
    He'll have it. Rider spent ten years slowly gathering up his prana, so it should be safe to say he'd be properly knitted by the time the 5th War happens--though he'll have to be careful with how he uses it.

And, yes, Gil and Alex are aware of each others existence, and are on rather good terms. They're still Worthy Opponents to one another, and actually are drinking buddies. They made a deal, you see: to wait until the 5th Grail War to continue their battle. Zouken, on the other hand, has no idea. Waver and Alex are actually doing a damn good job keeping a low profile.

In the meantime, the two Kings pick up up chicks and start bar fights for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Agailius; March 10th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    In the meantime, the two Kings pick up up chicks and start bar fights for the heck of it.
    Now this I'd like to see... any chance of this popping up as a omake eventually?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Staring into space one piece of infinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post

Oh wow definitely make an omake of that.

If shirou summons saber due to Avalon, wouldn't she attack rider instantly?
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Australia sure has some mighty mojo, no?

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?

Emiya Shirou

Mafia Game if interested

Quote Originally Posted by one piece of infinity View Post
    Oh wow definitely make an omake of that.

If shirou summons saber due to Avalon, wouldn't she attack rider instantly?
    Rider should summon a servant (if that's possible), with Shirou and no other catalyst around, leading to the summoning of Saber as his servant.

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Sky View Post
    Rider should summon a servant (if that's possible), with Shirou and no other catalyst around, leading to the summoning of Saber as his servant.
    Does Rider even have any form of magic?

Besides a reality marble? No.

Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Does Rider even have any form of magic?
    That would put a damper on things wouldn't it? >.>

Saber meets Raida in the living/dining room in the morning where Raida is walking around in a pair of boxers or nude. Her reaction would be hilarious.

Alright, ya shmucks, you asked for it, so here it is!

Son of the Great--Omake 1

As Fuyuki entered the depths of midnight, the city streets seemed utterly deserted--not even the litter of alley cats nearby seemed to pester the sleeping locals with their incessant mewing. It seemed quiet in the crisp, winter air... almost too quiet.

From either side of the market district's main strip, two lone figures approached one another wordlessly. One was the former 4th Holy Grail War Servant, Rider, or as he preferred his given name, the King of Conquerors, Iskander. The other was another veteran of the previous Grail War, Archer, or the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. Both wore their casual attire-- Rider, in his white tee-shirt with the logo, 'The Admiral's Great Tactics,' blue jeans, and brown boots; Gilgamesh, dressed in a white leather jacket with a black dress shirt and brown leather pants.

The blonde-haired, crimson-eyed Gil was the first to speak, a smug smirk on his face. "It has been ten years, King of Conquerors. I find myself rather pleased you survived so long."

"You're not looking bad, yourself, King of Heroes." Rider replied with a grin. "I presume the time has come for us to settle the score?"

"Ah, yes. Indeed. The time has come, Rider--the time to fulfill the blood-oath ten years in the making. Here, we shall decide who is the true king!"

"Very well, then!" Rider bellowed in a loud declaration, his arms crossed. "Let us begin, Archer!"

Both seemed to emit a battle aura fitting only for the greatest of kings as they prepared for their greatest conflict since the Fourth Grail War...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, inside an over-crowded bar-club...

Rider and Gil both simultaneously slammed their now-emptied pints back onto the surface of the table they had taken up, both having chugged the contents in one go. Now on their fourteenth round each, the surrounding denizens all observed with a great level of interest.

"As much as I appreciate you finally considering to settle which of us can win this little drinking game," Gilgamesh said as a cute waitress went back to get them refills, Gil watching her stride off towards the bar in her short skirt with a hint of intrigue in his eyes, "I must confess you have caught me at a rather undesirable time. I was planning on entertaining myself with a rather fetching pair of nymphs for the night."

"Well we can get to some of that after the drinks, don'tcha think?" Iskander replied with a chuckle as he downed his next drink. "Aah. Not quite the same as your wine, but this 'beer' is pretty darn crisp."

"True. The mongels of today don't have much to offer, but I find it amusing that they have expounded upon the industry of making fine drink."

"Anyway, besides, I could use some action, too. I'm getting a little tired trying to pass the time with my games with all the ruckus at my house." Rider frowned.

Iskander normally was content with playing his video games, but lately, with his son Shirou and his sweetheart Sakura taking their relationship to the next level--which was, in his mind, about damn time--the nights at the Shourisha household were becoming frequently... restless. Each night, Rider found it increasingly frustrating to have to hear the two's nightly sessions. Still, he figured it was for the best; the couple had been through a lot, and they had earned their time together. Plus, Rider thought, the sooner Shirou could have Sakura's belly round with child, the sooner he could be a grandfather--and that prospect was making him surprisingly giddy.

Still, he was a red-blooded man. If there was one (albeit arguable) problem with a body of flesh, it was that he had urges, too. He could still remember his days walking the earth as a king--his love of having a good time and making merry was second only to that of his desire for conquest. And he figured the best way to enjoy merrymaking with was in the company of a fellow king.

"True, I do find your company amusing, Rider. Still, shall we get back to the matter at hand?" Gilgamesh said simply.

"True, true." Iskander replied. "It's unfitting of a king to keep another king waiting on an oath. Barkeep! Bring us the strongest liquor you have!"

The bartender, at this point, was flabbergasted by the damage the two costumers had done to his alcoholic beverage stock. "Gentlemen, I do hope you'll be able to pay for all--"

"Do you dare to take us for swindling rouges, mongrel?" Gilgamesh replied with clear disgust in his voice. Utilizing the Gate of Babylon, he produced a massive pile of gold on the ground. "This should be more than enough. Now make haste!" The bartender's concerns washed away with the gold bar in his hand, and, skipping giddily away like a school-girl he cried out, "Drinks all around, on the house!!"

The bar shook with an uproot of cheering.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now, the denizens of the bar were all cheering in unison as the two Kings both gulped down their twenty-fourth round each. Both were flustered from intoxication, but their senses were still mostly theirs. Iskander now had two voluptuous waitresses draped at his form, cooing him on and appraising his manly aspects. Gilgamesh, on the other hand, had three younger, more nubile waitresses worshiping his form. Both kings now lightly panted, glaring at each other intently, nether having it in them to back down.

"You put up a... *groan*... good fight, mongrel." Gil said with some strain to his voice.

"You're not--*hic*--bad yourself, Goldy~!" Rider replied in a mellow, merry tone, the tint of inebriation more apparent on him as he laughed.

As the two continued to drink, they began to notice that, at another corner of the bar, there was dumbfounding sight going on--a woman wearing a green dress with a yellow and black stripped shirt seemed to be putting away just as much liquor as the both of them put together.

"Shirou-chan and Sakura-chan..." She muttered with an exaggerated sob, tears gushing down her face, "They're finally together! I don't know if I'm *hic* happy or sad... They're gonna elope! Sakura-chan will have a baby before she's even out of high school! I won't see her cooking! Waaah!!! Shirou-chan, you meanie!!" She pounded the table.

"That... that lowly animal!" Gilgamesh growled at the woman. "How dare she attempt to imbibe as much as we!! This cannot--no, will not stand!"

"Then, shall we challenge her, King of Heroes?" Rider replied in turn, a wide grin forming on his face.

The rest of the club fell silent as all watched the three as they all simultaneously finished their whopping fiftieth round each. All three contestants had long since fallen off the edge of reason, and were now slowing down in their drinks.

Gilgamesh, at this point, was blabbering on about how wonderful he was, and saying how grateful the 'mongrels' should be by gracing them with his presence. Iskander and Taiga were both talking about Shirou and Sakura, divulging into topics only drunkards could possibly carry on.

"So, *hic*" Taiga managed to babble on, "If sheh babeh's a girl, we... we name her..." She appeared to have forgotten her train of thought.

"No--*hic*--it'll... be a boy. My Shirou's gonna have tha' girl SO full of him--*hic*--she'll be busting out triplets each litter...!" Rider muttered in reply, laughing.

"No, it'll be...*hic*... a girl!!" Taiga suddenly exclaimed, hurling the table out the window in a show of outrage. Within moments, all chaos broke loose as a bar-fight spanning the entire club was started by the rowdiness. Gil, Iskander, and Taiga--all thoroughly knocked of any sense, joined in the mayhem, pile-driving a mountain of those stupid, unfortunate, or just too damn drunk to be caught in their way.

By morning, Rider and Fujimura had somehow managed to get back to the Shourisha residence. Since it was a Sunday, Shirou and Sakura waited until later in the morning for the two adults to awake and relatively recuperate from their hangovers.

"Dad, if you were going off somewhere, would it kill you to at least be able to tell me when you'd get back?" Shirou sighed, handing his adoptive father some warm tea to help him get over his head-ache.

"Well, you're acting somewhat concerned this morning." Rider groaned. "You and Sakura didn't seemed to worried about me last night. Seems you were more worried about making babies."

Shirou and Sakura both went beet-red at his remark. Sakura could only stutter under her breath, "M-m-m-mak-making babies w-w-with Semp...?!"

"Pops!! Have some decency, will ya?!" Shirou shouted, slamming his fists on the table.

"Aah, will all of you be quiet...?" Taiga groaned, holding the ice-pack to her head. "Last night was a mess..."

"Fun as hell, I can tell ya!" Rider chuckled, then winced as his hang-over flared up again, as he got his own ice-pack.

"Come to think of ti, where'd that other guy go...?" Taiga wondered.

"Meh, Goldy'd probably back at his place by now." Rider shrugged.

At that moment, in some far away hotel penthouse, Gilgamesh was laying unconscious on a bed, with three apparently very satisfied women sleeping next to him in bed.
    Last edited by Agailius; March 12th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.