View Poll Results: Which Saber would be best for Shirou?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arturia (Original waifu--ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES)

15 26.79%
  • Nero (She's basically the love-child of Iskandar and Saber)

15 26.79%
  • Mordred (Because daddy issues)

20 35.71%
  • Attila (Just to be completly hipster)

5 8.93%
  • Siegfried (Screw the women, this boy needs a MANLY MAN)

16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: The Son of the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    The Omake and Chapter snippet was good, keep it up
    Thank you--and, just as you might understand, I can be quite fast with the production of my chapters--I just gotta get the tinker working in my head, and nothing can stop me! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far!
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
    I believe that is due to the level at which Shirou grasps the nature of the weapons. Like how in canon EMIYA is able to "trace" weapons on a higher tier than Shirou because he has had more practice/ability at grasping the nature of the weapons he is using. Although both Shirou and EMIYA come insanely close, it is impossible for them to understand the absolute true nature of a weapon in its entirety because they simply are not attuned to the concept which it embodies. After all, theres more to a bladed Noble Phantasm than "sword," even if it does allow them to get awfully close.
    The whole rank down thing is because even as good as Shirou/EMIYA is with structural analysis, not even him can grasp everything with just a sight. With Avalon, he had it inside him for so long he has recorded every single detail of it to the point he can project a perfect copy of it.

And about Shirou's projection, it's so good that the things projected (at least, the things he has in his shed) doesn't disappear until they break. The world doesn't see them as foreign things until they degrade a bit. Yes, they may be empty inside (unless it's a blade), but what is projected is almost perfect to that point. Or at least, thats's what Shirou says in HF (at least, I remember reading that, in HF, when Rin asks him about the projections inside the shed, he says something akin "Yeah, projections doesn't dissapear until they break, right?")

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

夜属 Nightkin
    There is something on Typemoon wiki which states that Shirou is able to make a copy just as powerful as the original, it has to do with his belief in how 'real' the weapon in his hand is or something like that. I take it with a pinch of salt though....
    Last edited by Tabron; March 12th, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    'My fingers may bleed,
    My eyes may shed tears,
    To see gain,
    Whilst knowing joy and grief,
    Brought about by endless practice,
    Writing whilst expecting criticisms,
    This is the only path that I can take...'

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Anything that is on the Type-Moon wiki should be taken with not just a pinch of salt, but an entire handful of it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Anything that is on the Type-Moon wiki should be taken with not just a pinch of salt, but an entire handful of it....
    It's a wiki, whaddaya expect?
    My Job Description
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    It's a wiki, whaddaya expect?
    Some wikis are actually reliable...

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Some wikis are actually reliable...
    Only if it ends in 'pedia'

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    And about Shirou's projection, it's so good that the things projected (at least, the things he has in his shed) doesn't disappear until they break. The world doesn't see them as foreign things until they degrade a bit. Yes, they may be empty inside (unless it's a blade), but what is projected is almost perfect to that point. Or at least, thats's what Shirou says in HF (at least, I remember reading that, in HF, when Rin asks him about the projections inside the shed, he says something akin "Yeah, projections doesn't dissapear until they break, right?")
    If I remember correctly, Shirou had never successfully "projected" anything before the events of the 5th Holy Grail War. What was said was probably due to his ignorance of magecraft rather than practical experience.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, Shirou had never successfully "projected" anything before the events of the 5th Holy Grail War.
    I disagree. I will also leave someone else to argue this point, because I don't want to.

Blog Entries
    Can't you all SHUT UP and let me enjoy this Fic while it lasts?

Good. Now go die in a ditch somewhere and think about what you did. (Hint: It involves why you can't have nice things.)

I agree with Hazama.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I also agree witht the Troll in a suit and fedora.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, thank you. Now if you click on the first spoiler in my sig, you can dance with me.
    Because,
    I am a Smooth Criminal

How many of those throwing daggers/knives does Hazama have on him.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    How many of those throwing daggers/knives does Hazama have on him.
    Unlimited Knife Works

So Hazama can summon up an endless field full of knives.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    So Hazama can summon up an endless field full of knives.
    "Do you have enough mads? Princess Ragna?"

*snrk*

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post

Good. Now go die in a ditch somewhere and think about what you did. (Hint: It involves why you can't have nice things.)
    Troll-san... are you protecting me? T_T I don't care what people say, you're awesome when you wanna be!
    My Job Description

He isn't. He just wanted to begin his own derailment. As he had done.

If I remember correctly, Shirou had never successfully "projected" anything before the events of the 5th Holy Grail War. What was said was probably due to his ignorance of magecraft rather than practical experience.
    Just everytime he botches reinforcement. That's to say, every night. Not even the screw up with the circuits was able to make him less than a genius when it comes to Gradation Air. What he never had succesfully done before the War is Reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post

In the most noble and ancient way of Internet... NO, U!

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.