Thread: Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works Route

He's joking...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

My last post was a joke as well... (it doesn't matter if he has unlimited magic energy or the strongest servant, we all know what to expect of him)

Let's say Shirou adds 100 points as a master.
    Let's also assume Rin adds 1000 points.
    Well, then Shinji adds - 1,000,000 points.

Shinji makes you have to change your strategy. You can't target him since if you kill him his servant will gain + 1,000,000 points.
    Last edited by arthur77; September 14th, 2016 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur77 View Post
    In the true ending Shirou and Rin become an official couple and they love each other very much.
    What happens in the good ending? Are Shirou and Rin still a couple? (supporting saber with mana, but no sex with saber, just the usual master-servant mana transfer for experienced mages (Rin).
    Or maybe Shirou and Rin are no longer a couple and it's a threesome?

Thank you!!!
    2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route. Updated to actually work now. Replace normal episodes with these edited ones. If an episode isnt in here, watch the normal version.

Well, what I asked is how other people IMAGINE it to be

Mmm restrain it a bit though. Imagination is good, but some people have too much imagination...

Last edited by arthur77; September 14th, 2016 at 06:19 PM.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    First of all, arthur, you're trying too hard. I get that you probably just finished watching UBW by ufotable and are going total fanboy, but honestly, just dropping threads everywhere makes it look like you're desperate for people to pay attention to you (not that I'm one to talk).

Second of all, I can confirm the Saber/Iris and Sebastian/Ciel pairings to be legit. Just because you don't ship it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Though I'll admit that I support neither.
    Last edited by Draconic; September 18th, 2016 at 01:51 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

There were some sebastian X ciel hints (I still don't ship them though), but the Irisviel X saber ones were so weak it's just plain friendship between girls (one of them dying to boot). I just watched the Fate Zero anime though (no books/visual novel).
    Also, I've made 2 questions regarding UBW, it's not that many
    Even if the second one was closed by a mod he pmed me saying that is was mainly because it was a controversial matter and that several people had already stated they didn't want that thread. Also that the question forum would be the appropiate place for it.
    Last edited by arthur77; September 18th, 2016 at 06:28 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that last bit's between you and the mod. I know it probably wasn't your intention, but you sounded very defensive and self-righteous here. And you're derailing the thread, and there is a thread somewhere else in which you can express your distaste in certain ships. Now, back to UBW.

I was trying to find that thread discussing the epilogue of the anime. I know I've seen one somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Nasu said the chances of Shirou becoming archer are 25%, 10% and 0% in the true endings. He also said that in UBW Rin and Shirou are in a relationship and Saber watches over him. My guess is that Shirou will never become archer in this ending [because it says good ending]. In the VN saber says she stays in this world just to watch over Shirou. In the anime episode 23 saber says <Shirou, you are still my master> and in episode 24 she says to Rin before disappearing <Rin, I am happy because Shirou has you> We also know that Rin promises Archer to make Shirou happy [if you've read the VN you know it happens in both the good and true ending], so she'll stick with him, following him if he leaves [the last part of episode 25 is more or less that]
    In the good ending he also has saber, so everything should be fine.
    About the relationship question my opinion is that it's just Rin and Shirou. In Fate Hollow Ataraxia she just wants to be a couple with Shirou [like when Rin invites Shirou to go to her private pool in her house. Shirou says he's gonna go tell Saber and Rin gets super mad. She tells him it's a couple's date, so just the 2 of them will go]. In the anime [episode 11] all 3 of them go out together, but that wasn't even close to a real date. Rin loves Sakura very much [you how much if you read Heaven's Feel] and at that time Rin still believed he was gonna end up with Sakura. Later in the VN Shirou confesses his love for Rin, but before that she barely even considered going out with him.
    So basically I'd say Rin and Shirou will be in an official relationship. Shirou and Rin would have sex to provide saber with enough prana and deliver it through Rin's link with her [Rin's an experienced mage, so no need for either of them to have sex with saber]. If Saber were set free [or if she were Shirou's servant] then Rin may have to have sex with saber. Anyways, that's my opinion. The characters aren't real so discussing their future is pretty difficult.
    Last edited by touka; October 17th, 2016 at 12:09 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by touka View Post
    Nasu said the chances of Shirou becoming archer are 25%, 10% and 0% in the true endings..
    errrr no he didn't
    those are insanely specific percentages for one
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

That was the only part of my post I didn't read myself from the source material [Everything else is taken directly from the VN/anime or an interview], but I saw 2 people in forums saying those percentages and no one denied it so I assumed it was true. If you say it didn't happen I'll take your word for it =P
    Last edited by touka; October 16th, 2016 at 01:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    may i ask what forums
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/typemoon/co...43&sh=52719a46

There was another one, but I don't know know what keywords I used back then. Anyways, the other one didn't link to the source either so I guess it's false if no one else has seen it.
    Last edited by touka; October 16th, 2016 at 01:46 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've seen people say that percentages thing before but I do not remember ever seeing a source or seeing it come up in Japanese discussions so it's likely just old fanon.

There's this though from CM3:
    「どのルートでもならないし、どのルートでも可能性がある、とだけ言っておきます。基本、限りなくゼロです が。」
    "All I'll say is that he won't become [Archer] in any route, but the possibility exists in every route. But fundamentally it's extremely close to 0."
    Last edited by Kotonoha; October 16th, 2016 at 02:00 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm… on the other hand, what are the chances of Shirou reaching Archer's level? Or as close as possible without becoming a heroic spirit?
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Rin and saber promised to teach him magic and martial arts. Considering his improvement in just a week, a few years doing that should make him quite strong. Even more important, if something big happens Rin would help him out. Did you read Mimic Rin II in fate hollow? She basically says that whenever he struggles she'll be there for him
    Last edited by touka; October 16th, 2016 at 04:54 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    There's a limit to how strong he can get, though. Part of the issue is that regardless to who trains him, he has a very low ceiling and requires the contract with the world to become save-lives-that-are-fated-to-die level.

And the reason he gets good at all in UBW is because Archer's around to leech from. His actual basic ability is shown in Fate, which is not actually learning anything so much as getting some know-your-limits experience in and relearning the stuff he'd already had beaten into him by Kiritsugu.