Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works Route

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    They don't know yet.
    And they never will...

Anyone have any ideas how the story would have gone if Archer actually had managed to kill Shirou? How would Saber react? Would she try to avenge Shirou, or would she honor their agreement to stay out of the fight?
    She'd already honoured the agreement, so she'd proceed to kick some EMIYASS. Or Goldy would instead.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Swords fall, everyone dies, GOOD END for Gilgamesh.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, this is a thread about UBW, and we're discussing UBW.

The UBW Good end is not the best ending, in my view, and I'm pointing out why it's not. It's unfair of you to expect me to just smile and nod when someone claims that it is just because this is a "UBW thread".

Sakura exists in UBW too, you know, and her fate following that route is part of the discussion of it.
    Yeah but you make this known in every thread on this forum. It's all the same and never changes. We get it. lol

I thought UBW to be the most realistic route as a Holy Grail War. At least because every Servant played some kind of role in it. In the other two routes, there were a few servants who died off pretty fast and played almost no role at all. Now, this is to also say that the 5th Holy Grail war wasn't much of a true war in the first place, but this is how I saw it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    And they never will...
    How do you know that?

I would hope that Rin would at least keep some track of her sister's life, rather than forgetting about her entirely, and once Shirou finds out that they're related (which he will, eventually), he'd surely bug her to get closer to Sakura (especially since that's what Rin wants). Not to mention that, even if they didn't, Taiga would, and Shirou is close to her too.

Given that, they would surely notice if something happened to her, and there is a good chance that they would find out what she'd been through when it's too late, which would probably cause Rin to snap like a twig.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Anyone have any ideas how the story would have gone if Archer actually had managed to kill Shirou? How would Saber react? Would she try to avenge Shirou, or would she honor their agreement to stay out of the fight? How would the story progress? Would this be a BAD END for the world???
    Well, I don't think Archer would have had much left after killing Shirou, so most likely he would just vanish. Then, of course, Gilgamesh turns up, kicks Rin and Saber's asses and takes them as his sex slaves, before unleashing the Grail on the world.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    How do you know that?

I would hope that Rin would at least keep some track of her sister's life, rather than forgetting about her entirely, and once Shirou finds out that they're related (which he will, eventually), he'd surely bug her to get closer to Sakura (especially since that's what Rin wants). Not to mention that, even if they didn't, Taiga would, and Shirou is close to her too.

Given that, they would surely notice if something happened to her, and there is a good chance that they would find out what she'd been through when it's too late, which would probably cause Rin to snap like a twig.
    Weren't you the one always going "NO I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT SAKURA MIGHT BE RESCUED EVENTUALLY" every time we had this conversation?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Weren't you the one always going "NO I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT SAKURA MIGHT BE RESCUED EVENTUALLY" every time we had this conversation?
    Well, a) them finding out isn't the same as her getting rescued and b) the point is that we don't know.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Well, a) them finding out isn't the same as her getting rescued and b) the point is that we don't know.
    And likely we won't know because it's not Sakura's route. Yes, I did that.

You can't use that argument because of Saber. Her fate gets told in all the routes, not just her own.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    You can't use that argument because of Saber. Her fate gets told in all the routes, not just her own.
    Told in all the routes, yes, but Mike's talking about something after UBW, not during the route.

How funny was it when Lancer proposed to help Rin & Shirou? What did you everyone choose there? I did the choice with the "except" without a second thought. I didn't even know it was a flag or anything until later on, haha.

[/topicchange]
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Nasu makes a point of leaving things blank so that the reader can imagine whatever the hell they want happening. He left the "Is Touko real or is she a puppet?" thing open because he wanted people to imagine. He left the "was she manipulated into doing it by the Counter Force or were those her own actions?" thing open because he wanted people to imagine.

Sure, he could say "and yeah, she gets rescured, this one gets a new body and that old man slowly withers away or something", but where's the imagination in that?

I also liked the lunch time scene. I had my fill of ZR that day.

[/topicchange (just it die)]
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As does Rin's, in fact. Hell, she probably gets more story in HF than she does in her own route....

So, yeah, I don't buy this whole "it's not her route, so she doesn't matter" crap.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    I also liked the lunch time scene. I had my fill of ZR that day.

[/topicchange (just it die)]
    Furthermore, Baseball!Rin made me LOL.
    I missed that scene in the movie, TBH. WHYYYY?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber plays an active role in all routes, so we see what happens to her because it's part of the narrative. Sakura doesn't.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Furthermore, Baseball!Rin made me LOL.
    I missed that scene in the movie, TBH. WHYYYY?
    Because DEEN.

;_;

So how long til their rights to FSN expire?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The scene where Saber followed Shirou to school was also one of my favorites, too.

Wanna know what was also missing from the movie?!?!?
    "You're strong...Berserker...."
    BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! ;C;

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The scene where Saber followed Shirou to school was also one of my favorites, too.

BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! ;C;
    That entire scene was so much badly mangled shit. What happened to smashing the chains not even gods could break? What happened to tanking enough swords to kill him twenty times over, then going in for one more mad rush? What happened to ilyaslash?!

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As does Rin's, in fact. Hell, she probably gets more story in HF than she does in her own route....

So, yeah, I don't buy this whole "it's not her route, so she doesn't matter" crap.
    You've made your point about it though. So Take heart you made it known.
    So let's calm this talk down.
    It's very difficult to just separate things into something "route-specific", because the characters aren't just what the routes make them, they are people themselves who shape the route, and make their own fate culminating into an end we see after each one. These people are one and the same in each route and imo, should be treated as such, because everything is intertwined. So to say, it doesn't happen, is not the correct way to take it.

However, we cannot continue to despair because of vagueness (Ex.: just like people who resent Sakura for Heaven's Feel should also move on) of what happens in some routes. Hell, Nasu has even hinted at a possible solution with the destruction of the Grail, so not all hope is lost. At the end of the day, this is a story about hope, and we should exhibit some that things will be alright the next day.

*Cue New_Dawn.mp3*

As for my opinion, I liked UBW for Shirou's straightforward attitude, and I always get a tad misty during the "Answer" scene.
    The talk between Rin and Shirou in the graveyard gives him some smooth-talker points too.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 19th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Knight of Rider's Avatar
    BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! ;C;
    That was probably the one things that bothered me the most in the movie. That scene was so beautiful and touching in the game and like eddyak said they totaly ruined it... ;_;

But Gil ripping out Ilyas heart was kind of funny...so much blood...