Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works Route

Fate/stay night - Unlimited Blade Works Route

This is the discussion thread for the Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) route of Fate/stay night, meant for those who have only finished up to UBW or wish to only discuss it. Please put plot points that occur outside of UBW in spoiler tags.

Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) is the second route in Fate/stay night and is centered around Tohsaka Rin.

More Info: Type-Moon Wiki (spoilers)
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Unlimited Blade Works:

AKA - Rin's Route
    AKA - Shirou's Route
    [b]AKA[b] - Archer's Route
    Why? Because of how the story predominantly revolves around Shirou following his ideals and Archer's backstory, which was mysteriously not revealed back in the Fate route. Why? Because it needs an entire third of the game to properly convey it/how it affects Shirou and the others.

The one thing I don't like about this route is the fact that Illya gets Temple-of-Doom'd by Gilgamesh, although I can accept that because it was necessary for the story to happen the way it did.

Overall, a personal favorite of mine.Although I like all of the routes for different reasons.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

UBW is my favorite because it has plenty of Rin (and her ZR) and also Archer really shocked me when he turn-coated. I always suspected he was linked to Shirou, but to be him, just awesome.

I do wish there was more romance between Shirou and Rin though.
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    And a less-awkward sex scene, although I guess that's what Hollow Ataraxia is for.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

I will play that one day!

But yeah, that was a bad sex scene. No respect was shown to Rin.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Not really Shirou's fault, Rin was just too impatient and told him to skip on the foreplay.

Ouch.

I meant in general, not just from Shirou.

Anyway, another great point from this is route is Lancer. He was bad ass.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    UBW Good- Best End?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    UBW Good- Best End?
    I think Sakura (and Ilya, and Rider, and, hell, even Rin if she knew what Sakura was going through) might disagree with that one....

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I think Sakura (and Ilya, and Rider, and, hell, even Rin if she knew what Sakura was going through) might disagree with that one....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, he asked if UBW Good was the best end, and I pointed out why it's clearly not.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Well, he asked if UBW Good was the best end, and I pointed out why it's clearly not.
    4 u.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Heaven's Feel talk? In the UBW thread? Then be sure to use spoiler tags to cover up your complaints, at request of the thread's poster.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    4 u.
    And, basically, everyone but Saber, if they knew what was truly going on.

UBW Good might be a happy ending now (if you happen to be Rin, Shirou or Saber), but it's built entirely on sand. If Rin ever finds out what happened to Sakura, she'll break horribly, especially if it's too late to save her.

HF True, on the other hand, is the best ending for Shirou, Sakura, Rider and (IMO) Rin (with full knowledge), and is better than UBW Good for Ilya. Only Saber is worse off there than in UBW Good.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Heaven's Feel talk? In the UBW thread? Then be sure to use spoiler tags to cover up your complaints, at request of the thread's poster.
    In the highly unlikely event that there is a single person on this forum who would be spoilered by what I'm saying, they'll soon find it out from other threads anyway. So, no, I'm not going to spoiler-tag it, especially since it does not actually explain specifically what is wrong with the ending.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    if they knew
    Key words. They don't, so it's a happy ending.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Spoilerific Heaven's Feel talk. Out of UBW thread.

NOW.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Yeah Mike please don't talk about that here. You have an entire thread that has been filled with Sakura already, this is an UBW thread, and we all know that a discussion about Sakura never ends as something that simple.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Key words. They don't, so it's a happy ending.
    They don't know yet.

Also, even so, it's still not a happy ending for any of the other characters. HF True is a much better ending overall, at least if they don't save Sakura post-UBW and, also, don't kill Zouken (who is a mass murderer as well as a child abuser).

Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    Yeah Mike please don't talk about that here. You have an entire thread that has been filled with Sakura already, this is an UBW thread, and we all know that a discussion about Sakura never ends as something that simple.
    Well, this is a thread about UBW, and we're discussing UBW.

The UBW Good end is not the best ending, in my view, and I'm pointing out why it's not. It's unfair of you to expect me to just smile and nod when someone claims that it is just because this is a "UBW thread".

Sakura exists in UBW too, you know, and her fate following that route is part of the discussion of it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Well, the way to save a thread from being derailed is getting it right back on track!

Anyone have any ideas how the story would have gone if Archer actually had managed to kill Shirou? How would Saber react? Would she try to avenge Shirou, or would she honor their agreement to stay out of the fight? How would the story progress? Would this be a BAD END for the world???

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    She would rush to him and pick him up, but he'd be dead. Then Archer would give another depressing talk and depending on the talk, she'd either break completely or eradicate Archer and then break completely.