Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel Route

Blog Entries
    Well, since Rin is Scathach-lite, that scenario would end with Rin sharing Shirou with Sakura. Sisters Threesome every time for Shirou.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    One thing that occurred to me is how Heaven's Feel was different in the other routes in that I felt like Shirou could have legitimately fallen for all of the other heroines. Like, all of his interactions with Saber made me feel like that if she didn't get snatched out of nowhere that things could have ended up like the Fate route. In fact, the entire route felt like it was a Fate route that went to hell in a handbasket. And his interactions with Rin seemed like he was on the same course as UBW too. Even with Rider, it almost felt like there'd be a Rider route. And then there was Ilya. I felt like Sakura just ended up being the last one option by default, after everybody else basically got cleared away as a love interest. Rin wasn't going to pursue Shirou since Sakura was so heavily invested in him, and Saber got KO'd before she could do anything.
    Erm, what? This is simply complete rubbish. Of all the routes, HF is the one in which his relationship with the heroine was the most important. HF simply would not have worked without Sakura's love for Shirou, and Shirou reciprocating that love.

And, no, Sakura wasn't the "last option". Stop trying to pretend that Shirou was somehow forced to "settle" for her because everyone else "got cleared away", when the route makes it quite clear that he loved her and was willing to do almost anything to protect her. Further, the only reason Shirou hadn't fallen for Sakura some time earlier is because Sakura was deliberately trying not to get into a relationship with him, because she knew it would endanger him.

If you took Zouken out of the way, then Sakura has a much stronger base for a relationship than either of the other two girls did. He actually knows her, and already cares deeply for her. Further, he was clearly beginning to notice her as a woman, even in Fate and UBW. It's just that Rin and Saber pushed her to one side in the first two routes, due to the Grail War and Sakura's unwillingness to get involved in it (for good reason).

Blog Entries
    There's no such thing as a strong base for a relationship with Shirou, wizard of obliviousness. The only thing all of the heroines of all the routes have in common is how long it takes for Shirou to realize that they're girls.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    There's no such thing as a strong base for a relationship with Shirou, wizard of obliviousness.
    Yes, there is. Shirou already cares deeply for her. He may be totally unable to comprehend his physical attraction to her, but at least the emotional connection is already present.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    There's no such thing as a strong base for a relationship with Shirou, wizard of obliviousness. The only thing all of the heroines of all the routes have in common is how long it takes for Shirou to realize that they're girls.
    I got a good chuckle out of this.

This is why Issei thinks he has a chance. Shirou just doesn't understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    What about Angra Mainyu? Anything has a right to be born!
    No way I'm touching that hot-button issue! Kidding, but at least AM didn't have to suffer the bitter irony of being assassinated by the plot.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agree about Saber (who Shirou has a permanent crush on). I mean, she even has her own ending!

Black Saber: Shirou. Is that all I am to you? ;_;
    Shirou: I love you too! Now let me alegorically fornicate you with my sword!

Completely disagree about Rin. I mean, even in UBW, Shirou and Rin didn't ever feel like a real couple to me.

...Maybe because Rin is obviously more into Saber, too.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you watch her reactions to Shirou in HF she practically stammers and blushes and gets all jittery at half the things he says. And he already always liked her. And Shirou's pretty nervous around her too.

She also says it straight out in the ending (to herself) that she doesn't have a boyfriend because she already fell in love with "some idiot."

Saber's the same way when he's teasing her, which he does a lot more in HF. If Saber didn't die, then things might have taken a completely different turn. All that would have to change is not have Saber get caught off guard by the shadow.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Erm, what? This is simply complete rubbish. Of all the routes, HF is the one in which his relationship with the heroine was the most important. HF simply would not have worked without Sakura's love for Shirou, and Shirou reciprocating that love.

And, no, Sakura wasn't the "last option". Stop trying to pretend that Shirou was somehow forced to "settle" for her because everyone else "got cleared away", when the route makes it quite clear that he loved her and was willing to do almost anything to protect her. Further, the only reason Shirou hadn't fallen for Sakura some time earlier is because Sakura was deliberately trying not to get into a relationship with him, because she knew it would endanger him.

If you took Zouken out of the way, then Sakura has a much stronger base for a relationship than either of the other two girls did. He actually knows her, and already cares deeply for her. Further, he was clearly beginning to notice her as a woman, even in Fate and UBW. It's just that Rin and Saber pushed her to one side in the first two routes, due to the Grail War and Sakura's unwillingness to get involved in it (for good reason).
    I sense an incoming Keyne.
    Anyway I always felt like Shirou got dangerously close to macking on Rin in Heaven's Feel with all the talk about him being her Servant and what not. Oh and using her pendant in order to keep a hold of his mind. Shirou being devoted to Sakura doesn't somehow magically and instantly shut off his feelings for the other girls.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Well, if you watch her reactions to Shirou in HF she practically stammers and blushes and gets all jittery at half the things he says. And he already always liked her. And Shirou's pretty nervous around her too.

She also says it straight out in the ending (to herself) that she doesn't have a boyfriend because she already fell in love with "some idiot."
    There's no doubt that Rin in HF has feelings for Shirou, but the converse ceases to be true relatively early on. His feelings for Sakura totally over-ride any he has for Rin once he starts interacting with her more, and since the whole point of HF is Sakura's interaction with Shirou, a relationship between them is virtually certain to develop.

Saber's the same way when he's teasing her, which he does a lot more in HF. If Saber didn't die, then things might have taken a completely different turn. All that would have to change is not have Saber get caught off guard by the shadow.
    What makes you think that Saber being around would magically make Shirou's feelings for Sakura disappear? Those feelings did not occur because there was no-one else, they came about because Shirou loves Sakura. Saber surviving would not change that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Anyway I always felt like Shirou got dangerously close to macking on Rin in Heaven's Feel with all the talk about him being her Servant and what not. Oh and using her pendant in order to keep a hold of his mind. Shirou being devoted to Sakura doesn't somehow magically and instantly shut off his feelings for the other girls.
    No, Shirou's feelings for Sakura don't magically make his feelings for other girls vanish, any more than Shirou's relationship with Saber in Fate makes his feelings for Sakura vanish. But, equally, having Saber around isn't going to make his feelings for Sakura vanish either. Sure, he might care for Saber, but with Sakura there I see no reason for that to develop into love like it did in Fate.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No way I'm touching that hot-button issue! Kidding, but at least AM didn't have to suffer the bitter irony of being assassinated by the plot.
    Well TA's problem is he didn't know when to jump ship while getting was good. It's funny in hindsight, but Hassan was always telling Zouken that maybe he ought to be smarter with how he deals with Sakura. Poor guy never had a chance.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So it got necro'd, huh?

I love this route. I really, really, really love this route. Even if there are some things that could've been handled better (there were some parts that were just...ugh. A pain to read through really, also I found the Sakura wormrape reveal to be a bit too...sudden), but all in all what makes this route so great is that it improves every other route in hindsight.

Sure, Fate also gets a little bit more awesome once you went through UBW and found out about Archer's identity or Caster's Master for example, but HF really expands on pretty much every character in the game, especially Illya, Sakura, Rin and Kotomine.
    Another thing that irked me is that the new angle of Shirou's ideal was not a new ideal, but the abandonment of it in favor of a healthier state of mind. Of course, "fixing" Shirou is a predictable outcome in hindsight, but for me Shirou WAS the ideal, and so it kinda felt awkward for him to abandon it. Though he really sells you on it in certain scenes like the aforementioned Nine Bullet Revolver or the manly fistfight.

This route probably had the best finale of all of them.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the thing is, I don't really think Shirou did "abandon" his ideal, as such, not fully. He just modified it to become "protect those I care for first, and then everyone else". Plus, HF kind-of forced Shirou to modify his ideal somewhat, because "save everyone" became more and more obviously impossible as he went through.

I agree with you entirely, though, that the ending was awesome. The whole last battle was well-done, and you really did get the feeling that it was two emotional teenage girls fighting each other, with all the problems that causes (in addition to Sakura being corrupted by Angra Mainyu and very-definitely-not-sane, of course...). Plus, the climax of the battle was just heartwarming, really, especially after the way Rin had acted previously, and what would have happened if Shirou had spared Saber.

I think he was talking about the entire fight, not just Rin and Sakura.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    two emotional teenage girls fighting each other
    In bed.

... I'm sorry for making that joke, I really am.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ilya pretty much said it best and it is reflected in UBW, these are all just different situations Shirou goes through, he is equally reckless and suicidal for anyone in his sight. He's not an empty person as he leads himself to believe and this is actually shown in all routes. HF was just another scenario where Shirou's ideology is analyzed.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I think he was talking about the entire fight, not just Rin and Sakura.
    Well, yeah, true, the rest of the fight is awesome too. But the bit with Rin and Sakura is very well-orchastrated.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Heaven's Feel.

I guess you could call it my favorite route. Sort of. I mean I liked Fate for what it was, and UBW was pretty good but HF does have a lot more going on and it has Shirou being confronted by his ideal's negatives. While Fate was all yeah his ideal is awesome and UBW was all your future sucks therefore your ideal does too (except no, hello answer) here it was, well here is why your ideal sucks whatcha gonna do kid? It also has Nine Bullet Revolver/Sparks Liner High (Second best Bad End)/Crazy Train/Gem Sword Zeltrech/All the good in this life which are the most badass scenes in all FSN. It has its negatives of course, Sakura's backstory is a hit or miss honestly because of it is really a lot and it may become not believable quickly, Sakura's passiveness, which is not really bad per se, but Saber and Rin have been presented as more active heroines so in comparison she does seem a bit weak on that front, again not her fault but still. there is also periods of nothing happening that are a bit boring, it comes after UBW's pacing which is fast as a train.

Still probably my favourite route. Also since I like bittersweet ends more, I probably like the Normal end more than the True End. Not because the True end is bad or anything just personal preference.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wait, you call HF Normal "bittersweet"? I don't recall seeing much "sweetness" in there....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    World is saved and Sakura is alive. That's the sweetness of it. Sure she is alone and stuff (the bitterness) but she at least has her freedom.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw