Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel Route

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sakura lives, Rin lives, not everyone in Fuyuki dies.

Sweet. Not much, but hey, it's bitter-sweet.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is bittersweet, and while Sakura may be sad she did live. Taught one of Rin's children her self-taught magic. It was the norm for a normal ending.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    World is saved and Sakura is alive. That's the sweetness of it. Sure she is alone and stuff (the bitterness) but she at least has her freedom.
    Well, yeah, I guess, but the ending is pretty clearly played as a total downer ending. There's nothing "sweet" about it, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    It is bittersweet, and while Sakura may be sad she did live.
    Again, I'm really not seeing the "sweetness" in there. That's not to say that the ending isn't well done, but it isn't really "bittersweet", to be honest. Indeed, I'd say that the True ending is more bittersweet than the Normal ending because, whilst it's mostly happy, there are still reminders of the bad things which happened, and the issues they've had to overcome.

Taught one of Rin's children her self-taught magic. It was the norm for a normal ending.
    Yeah, sure it's the norm for a Normal Ending, but (from what I can tell, at least), Normal endings are almost invariably downer endings.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC the only other Normal End is Akiha's which is even more of a downer ending.

Normal Ends tend to suck for the protagonist, yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eeeh she doesn't sound as sad tho. Which is with I am guiding myself with. Sure she is in denial which is pretty bad, but she herself doesn't sound so depressed.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Eeeh she doesn't sound as sad tho. Which is with I am guiding myself with. Sure she is in denial which is pretty bad, but she herself doesn't sound so depressed.
    Well, she's mainly not depressed because she's convinced herself he's going to come back....

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    IIRC the only other Normal End is Akiha's which is even more of a downer ending.

Normal Ends tend to suck for the protagonist, yeah.
    Yeah, Akiha's Normal End in Tsukihime was definitely a lot more bitter that HF Normal. They both have the heroine waiting for the protagonist full of hope though, so they seem really similar if only at the very end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Is it that different than the Fate route's ending? Shirou ends up losing Saber.

I liked the Fate route's ending and HF's normal ending. I guess I like bittersweet endings. The true ending for HF was good because of Ilya's role in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    What makes you think that Saber being around would magically make Shirou's feelings for Sakura disappear? Those feelings did not occur because there was no-one else, they came about because Shirou loves Sakura. Saber surviving would not change that one bit.
    Those feelings were present, supposedly, in the Fate and UBW routes too, because they predated the War. But they never ended up amounting to anything because Saber and Rin took precedence. It was only after they got removed that Sakura was able to step forward and fill the gap. The feelings for Sakura don't have to disappear, but they can be surpassed by stronger feelings for someone else.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Those feelings were present, supposedly, in the Fate and UBW routes too, because they predated the War. But they never ended up amounting to anything because Saber and Rin took precedence. It was only after they got removed that Sakura was able to step forward and fill the gap. The feelings for Sakura don't have to disappear, but they can be surpassed by stronger feelings for someone else.
    No, Shirou never discovered his feelings for Sakura in Fate and UBW because she wasn't around (due to the war), and so his feelings for Rin and Saber were able to develop. In HF, Sakura was constantly by his side and, thus, his feelings for her became clearer, and consequentially he never developed feelings for Rin or Saber.

Blog Entries
    The sweetness comes out of Shirou achieving everything he wanted.
    Saving the girl he loved, and saving the town he lived in.

Sakura not being happy about this makes it bitter, but in the end it's a good end.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    The sweetness comes out of Shirou achieving everything he wanted.
    Saving the girl he loved, and saving the town he lived in.

Sakura not being happy about this makes it bitter, but in the end it's a good end.
    But, he didn't achieve what he wanted. He wanted Sakura to be happy, and he failed miserably at that, because Sakura wanted to be with him. Rider even warned him that Sakura needed him around to be truly "saved", and yet he didn't listen. That's what makes the ending so tragic, that Shirou sacrificed himself for Sakura's happiness, and yet she is not happy.

Blog Entries
    She's still alive.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    But, he didn't achieve what he wanted. He wanted Sakura to be happy, and he failed miserably at that, because Sakura wanted to be with him. Rider even warned him that Sakura needed him around to be truly "saved", and yet he didn't listen. That's what makes the ending so tragic, that Shirou sacrificed himself for Sakura's happiness, and yet she is not happy.
    I liked it because I felt it was like a form of atonement. After killing all those people, she got saved, but there was a price to pay.

Also I disagree about Shirou falling for her just because she was around; it was the fact that all the competition was out of the way. She even is jealous of Saber for that very reason. But I'm not going to just endlessly repeat myself.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    Shirou's an idiot who doesn't realize how much he's worth to others. To him, as long as you're alive, you can someday find happiness. The idea that Sakura would wait forever for him and die sad and alone never actually registered in his mind.

Also, he was kinda half brain-dead. You know, from that whole Archer's arm contaminating him thing. I'm sure he died happy knowing that Sakura was alive and safe, blissfully unaware that she would be miserable forever.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's not like he had a choice. He didn't stand there and go AW YEAH TIME TO DIE. He had to stop the Grail either way and it was only a fluke that Ilya showed up. He was going to blow it up on his own either way.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I liked it because I felt it was like a form of atonement. After killing all those people, she got saved, but there was a price to pay.
    But Sakura didn't do anything wrong, so she doesn't have anything to atone for.

Also I disagree about Shirou falling for her just because she was around; it was the fact that all the competition was out of the way. She even is jealous of Saber for that very reason. But I'm not going to just endlessly repeat myself.
    The point that I'm making is that you could argue the exact same thing in reverse for Saber and Rin in Fate and UBW. That they only had a chance because Sakura was not around. I'm not saying that it's true, but that interpretation is no less valid than your interpretation.

Further, Rin was not "out of the way". She spent most of the route living in his house, and Shirou actually got to know her better in HF than he did in her own route....

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    Shirou's an idiot who doesn't realize how much he's worth to others. To him, as long as you're alive, you can someday find happiness. The idea that Sakura would wait forever for him and die sad and alone never actually registered in his mind.

Also, he was kinda half brain-dead. You know, from that whole Archer's arm contaminating him thing. I'm sure he died happy knowing that Sakura was alive and safe, blissfully unaware that she would be miserable forever.
    Well, yes, which is exactly what makes the ending so tragic.

Shirou had given everything to protect those important to him, but he lacked the sense of self-worth to recognise his own importance. As a result, he sacrificed himself thinking that destroying Angra Mainyu would bring Sakura happiness, whereas in reality Sakura simply needed Shirou to be there for her.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ... I am actually surprised that Mike is seriously trying to pretend that the default choice for Shirou would be Sakura.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    ... I am actually surprised that Mike is seriously trying to pretend that the default choice for Shirou would be Sakura.
    Why?

If the Grail War had not happened, Sakura is the only one of the three girls who would even have a chance of being with Shirou. True, it'd be unlikely, due to Zouken, but if you took him out of the way I think she'd have every chance.

Blog Entries
    Well, she kinda is.
    Saber is not around until the war and Rin is the untouchable school idol, while Sakura cooks for him.