Page 1 of 168 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden's Random Drabble Thread

Blog Entries

Aiden's Creative Writing Thread

Where I will dump my random ideas before my ADD kicks in and my attention span dies. Keep in mind, I've not written any stories since I was sixteen, and I was never very good at it. This is just for me to vent my imagination no matter how much it sucks.

Spoiler:
    1st Drabble: Chicks Dig-
    Spoiler:
    ========================================

Fuyuki was burning.

Again.

Again again again again-

"SHINNNJIIIIIII!"

The blade of Servant Saber struck out at their opponents more violently than any before it, sending Rider and her pilot crashing into the nearest surface with a steel rending hurricane wind.

"Guh! Stupid machine, work... work, work, work, work better damnit!" Was all that could be heard from within the towering black and violet frame, beneath the bloodied ruin of what had once been the arcology's outer perimeter wall, reinforced to withstand sustained artillery fire.

A wall that Shinji had slaughtered the inhabitants of, all for the purpose of feeding the souls to his lovely engine of death.

An engine of death that was not having a fun time trying to move with all of the battle damage she had sustained, not with the non-existant energy supply from her pilot. Still, she had to try. She had no choice, for the bindings that held her spirit in the frame gave her no respite from the command protocol.

The grinding howl of gears and sparks heralded the rise of Servant Rider once more, unsteady upon her lean legs, pulling herself out of the rubble with both hands bracing the inner side of the fortress bulkhead.

Only to get nailed back down again, a three story shaft of mithril through the knee that brought her right back down again.

-----------------

"Target immobilized, Rin."

From within the stark and utilitarian chamber within her nameless machine, Archer, Tohsaka Rin took this as the time to celebrate. Or would have, if not for all the deaths that had taken place already.

Beneath the dim red lighting of his interior, Rin could only scowl with her increasing rage towards the boy who dared this. Dared to harm the people of the Fuyuki arcology, her territory, no matter what the circumstances were. The competition for the Grail Driver did nothing to justify Matou Shinji's atrocities.

Feeling the thrum of her prana feed into Archer's limbs, her senses synchronizing with his like any proper magus would with their partner, she took aim once more.

"Good. Then it's time we finished this. Emiya-kun won't be able to deal the final blow here, knowing him."

"Idealists rarely can."

----------------

"Shirou, now!"

The pure white illumination of Saber's cockpit served now only to highlight the turmoil of Emiya Shirou, would be Hero of Justice. His friend was responsible for all of this, for the second howling of the superstructure's crisis sirens, for the first blatant civilian casualties of this war.

If he didn't end this now, then Rin would. And if Rin didn't, the Battle Mage's Bureau would turn around the Photonic Annihilation Cannon from the rear defense line outside of the arcology and finish the battle themselves.

But he still couldn't do it. He couldn't just kill someone like that, couldn't just betray his ideals that way-!

"Shirou, what are you doing?! Unlock the controls so we can finish them off."

... she was right. He had to do it. For all of them. Just...

The fire.

He couldn't betray his ideals. He couldn't just let that happen again. Ever.

Not as long as he could still move.

Not even if the villain was his best friend.

"... Saber. Initiate primary distortion drive."

"Acknowledged. Restrictions disengaged"

-------------

Rider was compelled by the command protocol to get back up, even with that damage. And so she did, throwing her nail to intercept the next volley of arrows, expected this time, and used her other hand to tear the first off in half at the back. Stumbling, she could only avoid the third by drawing ever more deeply on the well of souls that fueled her frame, forcing the metal to self-repair as quickly as magic could make it.

None of this would have been an issue if it had been Sakura inside of her. Her kind, gentle summoner, not the wretched beast that polluted her interior with his breath, and couldn't even provide her with energy in exchange.

Another volley, only now Saber was beginning to get out of her defensive stance. If she suffered another attack like that-!

The wind barrier opened up once more, and she knew she had lost.

---------------

She should have evacuated. Her grandfather had ordered her to evacuate, and she always did what he said. What choice did she have?

But her brother was out there. Was burning buildings, destroying streets, killing people... fighting Senpai, and her sis- Tohsaka-senpai.

In Rider.

He was losing so badly, in Rider.

Getting her so very damaged, all because of her. Because she refused to pilot in real battle, refused to go against her Senpai and si-Tohsaka-senpai, or cause all of this to begin with. She had no idea it would get this bad. That her brother could get this bad.

She wrapped her white jacket around herself again, shivering from the chilling gust of wind that had just overtaken the northern hemisphere of the arcology dome. Saber's great Distortion Drive, her Phantasm device. It was beyond any magical weapon she'd ever seen, and she knew quite a few from the tests her grandfather had forced her to participate in so the Matou family could fulfill the annual military quota.

If it was her in Rider, she wouldn't have to do all of this... Rider wouldn't have to fight like this, and she could have won if she did! Even if she wasn't worth anything else, she had energy to spare. Not like her brother.

And now Rider was going to be destroyed, because of her. Her loyal, protective Rider.

The crash echoed through the surrounding streets, and she couldn't bear it any longer. She knew she would die if she tried this. She knew she would, but she couldn't just stay in the faceless crowds, approaching the crisis shelters.

No matter what punishment grandfather would force on her after- no, she would die doing this.

She broke off before ArcSec could catch her, running as fast as the little reinforcement she knew would allow.

Down the streets, to what she was sure would be the first and final hurrah of Matou Sakura.

------------------

"Matou Shinji... for your crimes against the Fuyuki Arcology, the penalty is death."

Emiya Shirou's mind was steel.

The sudden cries for mercy, for a trial, for anything other than this, by his former friend, fell on deaf ears.

Saber's invisible blade stood ready to unleash its torrent of air with all the force she could bring to bear, and all he knew he could do was follow through with the attack. The civilians were already out of the district, and the buildings this close to the arcology dome interior were sturdy enough to survive anything short of a direct strike. He would kill this one, to save the rest, and nothing bad would come of it beyond the blood on his own hands.

Except, there wasn't supposed to be someone climbing on top of the stumbling machine that their opponent was in.

The machine that was no longer struggling to get back up, to resist, as if the command protocol that Rider's pilot had forced on her no longer existed.

"SENPAI! Please, stop!"

Sakura?!

---------------

Master?

Why?

Sakura didn't want to be in danger. She didn't want to put anyone in danger, but especially not herself.

Rider understood that. She'd accepted that. She wouldn't soil her gentle summoner with her blood soaked spirit. That was why she had done nothing to argue against Sakura giving her to Matou Shinji like this.

... so why would she risk her life like this?

"Just stop... Senpai, please."

Yes, the low whisper could still be heard by anyone piloting a Servant. The audio amplification was that good.

"My brother's done. He can't do anything now-"

Her former pilot smacked his hands against the interior, against the controls that no longer responded to his movements.

"You can't do this to me, Sakura! You can't just dump your worthless machine on me and then take it away!"

Rider turned off the audio output from her cockpit, so she could focus on her master.

On Sakura...

"Why?"

-----------------

"Saber! Stop the attack!"

His arms were struggling, mirroring the tension in his Servant's as he tried to disperse her Phantasm before it was too late-!

"I-I can't stop it now!"

"Then redirect it!"

----------------

"S-Sakura? What the hell?! Archer, hold off on that last volley! Focus vision."

"Acknowledged."

-----------------

A titanic collumn of wind broke past the northern wall of the dome, and blew aside dozens of pieces of priceless automated war gear.

Rider was unscatched.

-----------------

That...

That was not as lethal as she thought it would be.

This was good. Right?

She wasn't just doing this as some elaborate suicide effort.

She wasn't, she wasn't, she wasn't-

"Why?"

Her thoughts froze, as she turned to look up at the unemotive face of her Servant.

"After all of this ..."

Sakura looked away, her face scrunched up in discomfort.

That's right. This wasn't a suicide effort. This wasn't her pitying herself, letting things just happen because she was a worthless, weak little girl.

She was doing this for her Rider.

"If this is what standing aside and doing nothing results in... I can't do that. I can't let you- can't get anyone else get hurt because of me. Not with Senpai, or Tohsaka-senpai, and everyone else trying so hard. Not..."

Saber's hand reached down to catch the violently ejected Matou Shinji as Rider's systems rejected his presence completely and utterly.

"WAAAAAAAH-!"

"... not when you're doing this for someone like me."

She looked back up to her Servant, her face still scrunched in pain, but resolute for the first real time in her life.

Sakura began making her way into the cockpit, to the velvet seat that would let her synchronize with Rider once more.

Let her body restore Rider's frame with prana.

Even if her sister, yes she could admit it now, was still taking aim at them from half a mile off using an elevated shuttle landing zone as a firing platform.

It felt so good, sinking into the material here.

-----------------

Rider's spirit was warm for a reason other than the mana reactors tearing into her ether to make the frame function.

If she had lips, she would have smiled.

"Welcome back, Master. We have a war to win."

-----------------------

Synchronization complete.

Yes, they would survive this.

Together.

================================================== ======
    - Giant Magical Robots

What the fuck, how did this become a one-shot?

Curse my brain.

Oh well, tell me what you thought of it! Don't feel afraid to tell me it sucked, unbeta'd as it is.

And no, you don't get to see what Shirou and Rin's responses will be. My brain can't keep doing this right now.

Edit 1: Adding links to other drabbles here for ease of reference.

Edit 2: Warning: Stuff in a given category is not necessarily in chronological order, but in the order I wrote and posted them. Will add date-stamps and other identifying markers when I stop being lazy.

Magitech

Random World Data
    Reference Materials
    Reference Materials 2

Chronicles of a Witch (Caster)
    Kuzuki Stompin'
    Second and Last
    Strings

In the Name of God (Kotomine)
    Kyrie Eleison
    Consolation Prize

Stats
    Pretending
    Misdirection

The Hound (Lancer & Support)
    Stats
    Patronage

Maiden of Winter (Einzbern & Associates)
    Numbers, part 2
    Worldbreaker
    Encounters Beyond the Cage
    Priorities
    Memoria
    Diplomatic Incident
    Like Nails

Gentle Everyday (Ayako & Rin)
    On Target

Blood and Sweat
    The Lies We Tell Ourselves
    So Much Bull
    Infringement

Evolving Blossoms (Matou Family)
    What a Man Will Do
    For One's Own Glory

Recollections of a Fourth War
    The Strongest Servant
    Dreams of the First Age
    Without Equal
    A New Wish(Part1), part 2, part 3, part 4
    End of the Fourth

Observations of a New World
    Save Us From

Sword and Sheath (Shirou & Saber)
    Are you...?
    Creative Solutions
    A New Argument
    Routines
    First Synch

---------------------

Random Drabbles

Tsukihime
    First Love
    Dakhma, Apaosha

Irisviel
    New Toy

Dark Irisviel
    A Mother's Concern
    Heaven's Feel
    Freedom
    Troubling Aftermath
    New Games
    Spectrum
    Issues with Playing
    No Krakens Yet
    A Mote Against the Night
    As Himself
    Regret

Dogs
    Girl's Best Friend
    Distractions
    Just One
    The Beast
    I'm What?

Saegusa Yukika
    A Simple Change in Wording
    For Me
    Voyeur
    Sunset, part 2
    Another View
    Reining in the Panther
    Green
    Waiting
    Ugh
    A Little Help?
    Mistimed Jump
    An Incongruity
    Hit and Fade
    Never Got Around To It
    For The Night
    Futility
    Clarity
    Admitting It
    Interstice

------------------------------

Ayaka x Shirou AU (shared w/RadiantBeam; Manaka-focused)
    Firsts
    What We Cannot Have

The Real OC
    A Simple Mistake
    Little Steps

Crossovers

Notes/Tsukihime x Sailor Moon:
    Heaven's Fall

Endings

Bad Ends
    Deep Slumber

---------------------

Between the Lines (truly random)

Remembering

This Time Together

Communication is Violence

Cyclical
    ---------------------

LOL

Slacker, Electric Boogaloo

Heroes of Justice
    Out of Retirement
    Procedural Investigations

--------------------

Requests:

Radiantbeam's:
    Well, That Almost Sucked (Birthday Piece)

Aqua and Ruby (Rin x Altrouge)
    Friend of a Friend, Part 2
    After the First, Part 2
    The Second, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6
    While the Lady is Away
    Aggravating Old Men
    Daze
    In Depth

Elf's:
    Salvation (Saving Archer)
    Part 1, Reflection

Part 2, Revelation
    Part 3, Possession
    Part 4, Resolution
    Part 5, Reunion

Interludes
    The Best(part 1)
    part 2

A Little to the Right
    Daybreak

Santo's:

lol (Prisma Ilya)
    Spoiler:
    Shirou x Sella

Strange Convergence
    part 2

Out of Thread Drabbles
    Unnamed Archer x Ikaros piece

Dare Thread
    RadiantBeam's:
    Consolation Prize

IRUn's:
    Better Late Than Never

Ihklan's:
    Unprofessional Conduct (Shirou, Caren, Sella. Prisma 'verse Doom)

Friend Contributions:

Dread Sword Tora-Shinai(Santo)
    Rise (RadiantBeam; Altrouge x Rin continuity AU); Sibling Rivalry (myself, continuation of Rise), Return (myself, continuation of Sibling Rivalry)
    Last edited by Aiden; July 1st, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...k, my brain is kinda fried from it being early in the morning right now. That said, you successfully got me to read a story with giant robots in it all the way to the end, and I loath the genre on principle.

So you've done something right, that's for damn sure. Solid, competent writing that didn't have any grammar or mistakes glaring at me, decent characterization, telling enough to get me interesting and start putting pieces together, and Sakura being kinda badass here.

Nice work.

Sleepy time.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; March 21st, 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: So glad I checked this for spelling errors
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It has robots!

It has Type-MOON!

It's by Aiden!

It's good enough for me!!!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Giant robots! Al loves giant robots!
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    LOL at these tags.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Sakura/Mecha-Rider = <3
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

I'm not a huge mecha fan, but I kinda liked this.
    If this is what you call drabble, then I eagerly await more.
    All Nasuverse women hold my heart, I do however go through phases.

Entering the Jeanne phase

The only thing that can make FSN even better is to put mechas in it. The only thing preventing for me to have to change my pants is my self-control because I'm in the faculty. If not...

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

All I could think of was this

Blog Entries
    Aiden, this is full of win. Or at least potential. Something like that (still waking up; derp).
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    *wakes up*

holy shit what does my brain do when I'm off my meds
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    *wakes up*

holy shit what does my brain do when I'm off my meds
    Random, awesome stuff? Or something?
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Well given one night of me not on my ADD medication apparently = first fanfic in five years, yeah, random is about right.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Well given one night of me not on my ADD medication apparently = first fanfic in five years, yeah, random is about right.
    Is it alright if I chuckle about that? Just a little bit?
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    @Lyco: Too out of it to give a fuck right now. Go for it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    I KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

Blog Entries
    I think we all understand that feeling, Beamu. It's alright.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Success~
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Success~
    NAWP. *hands come through aiden's screen and gives moneyz*

Logic is meaningless.

There is only teh lulz.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Logic is meaningless.

There is only teh lulz.
    I am torn. On one hand, I live and breath logic. I'm very attached to sensibility.

On the other hand, I am very much a proponent of doing it for the lulz.

Existential crisis in 3...2...1...

I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.