Page 75 of 168 FirstFirst ... 25657073747576778085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3360

Thread: Aiden's Random Drabble Thread

Blog Entries
    I'm still curious what I am, here.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    They are, and in honor of this:

Aiden. Aiden, Aiden, Aiden. Look, I spelled it right four times in a row. Just for you.
    For all he knows you just spelled it right once and copy pasted :V

How do we know you actually tried? Moczo?

Just because you are that awesome?

...now that I think about it...that question is a pretty good answer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I thought we covered this in Elf's thread: Writing Robot. MADOW, Mechanical Aiden Designed Only for Writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    For all he knows you just spelled it right once and copy pasted :V

How do we know you actually tried? Moczo?

Just because you are that awesome?

...now that I think about it...that question is a pretty good answer.
    I wrote it. Four times. Like a boss.

Blog Entries
    ...does that make me the decidedly depressed and reclusive dragon around here?
    I'm okay with this. Just don't steal my books or my napping cushion. You do and I go GIGANT. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

...does that make me the decidedly depressed and reclusive dragon around here?
    I'm okay with this. Just don't steal my books or my napping cushion. You do and I go GIGANT. XP
    *pauses with the cushion below his left arm and the stack of books on the bag on his right*

Hu? (*-*)

/srsbusiness: And if Aiden is a MADOW...whats Beam?

Other than the Goddess of Yuri and a fricking tease of-course .

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Hm... well, going solely by username... Aiden...

Using my french knowledge, I can say that if we separate ai from den, it's Ai den, which, phonetically, translates to Have Tooth

If that helps you figure out your identity, there you go. Have a good night, Have Tooth.

Anyway, this drabble. This drabble was a nice drabble. Morning Rin is always a nice thing, and seeing Morning Altrouge was also a cool thing for me to fantasize about.

If it had one bad point, it'd be that it reminded me I didn't write anything today.
    Last edited by Nacho the Doritosedge; April 15th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    *pauses with the cushion below his left arm and the stack of books on the bag on his right*
    Hu? (*-*)
    *grows from the size of a wolf to the equivalent height of an elephant* This one is most...displeased.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Aiden...you are here to provide us with quality entertainment.

And Saegusa Yukika.

*grows from the size of a wolf to the equivalent height of an elephant* This one is most...displeased.
    *Pulls out a multitude of pointy sharp things*

HAHA!

*throws down smoke bomb and disappears*

Blog Entries
    Aiden...you are here to provide us with quality entertainment.
    And Saegusa Yukika and her deadly moe powers.
    Fixed.

*Pulls out a multitude of pointy sharp things*
    HAHA!
    *throws down smoke bomb and disappears*
    Meh. XP
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

/srsbusiness: And if Aiden is a MADOW...whats Beam?

Other than the Goddess of Yuri and a fricking tease of-course .
    She is good with animals, has an excellent singing voice, and her punctuation is superb. Also, she apparently saves me from Nasuverse vampire dogs, which I gotta say is really cool of her. I'll be giving her an extra large hug and a nice birthday present for that one.

Blog Entries
    Do remind me when that birthday is coming up so I can find a way to send her something.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Okay, someone went ahead and asked a bunch of questions about my 'Magitech' setting, so I'm going to cut out the middle man and post the questions, and my replies, right here. I will provide a link on my first post to this one for reference purposes.

There might be a few spoilers here, so I'll fold it all up into spoiler tags and we'll see how that is. Here we go:

Spoiler:
    1. Reading your "drabble" thread, the magitech stories really caught my interest. They're very interesting. In this snippet, we hear about "powerbows" and things like "mana resevoir augmentations" and such. How do these work? What are personal weapons used by everyone like?

2. How much more advanced is this magitech world? It's mentioned Fuyuki is a arcology, and there's mention of things like shuttle pads. Are there spaceships and such? Does this magitech world have colonies on other planets in the solar system, or perhaps even interstellar colonies thanks to FTL or something? Or are the colonies similar to the ones like in the Gundam series where they're some type of artificial station, like Island Three?

3. The Servants themselves: they're all giant robots which is cool, but how do they work? This snippet seems to imply that the Servants themselves are still summoned and can go into spirit form, like in FSN, so does that mean they possess their mecha versions, since Rin and Shirou have "synchronization" and seem to be able to talk to their mecha?

4. In the On Target snippet, we see a powerbow in action, with Mitzusuri missing, along with her dynamics with Rin. Considering the Blood and Sweat snippet mentions things like bloodlines and Ayako bitching a little about wealth in the "On Target" snippet, what is Shirou's case in this world? Other than being the adopted son of Emiya Kiritsugu, how does he compare to anyone else? We know in FSN that he never missed a shot in archery, except once on purpose, so is he that good still in the story? What about his Projection magic and such, has anyone found out about that and his Reality Marble? Is there anything special about him in this world?
    All good questions, and all stuff I've considered. It's also stuff I've been saving for revelation in future snippets, so I'm going to leave out a few answers.

Here are my responses in order:

1 ) I'm only going to be brief on this one: powerbows are described in more detail in 4, but the mana reservoir is an augmentation implanted into the body that collects trace amounts of mana in the atmosphere, filling up over a period of two weeks at their current most efficient rates. Most take over a month to fill. Japan is one of the few nations prosperous enough, even with its occasional flare-up of civil wars in the past ten years over the continuation of the War for the Grail, to make them available outside of the military and scientific communities. (Other noteworthy ones include: Germany and the UK)

This is only viable because the planet has a somewhat larger amount of the stuff floating around than is canon for the default Nasuverse; Gaia would have no magical energy left floating freely in canon Nasuverse if these and similar magi-technologies were implemented.

2) There are mana collection arrays in high orbit that capture whatever excess of the stuff escapes Gaia's planetary boundary field. The shuttles are for crews bringing up maintenance and repair supplies, and other crews bringing down storage pods full of mana.

The moon has seen some regolith baking for Helium-3 deposits, for experimentation in non-mana based fusion reactions, though it's not a very extensive operation. There's also been some experiments in True Ether processing from the same locale, though so far there's been no progress in that regard other than acquiring samples.

Exploration of other worlds stopped dead when Type-Phobos annihilated a planetary exploration probe attempting to monitor the surface of Mars. More details on the existence of Ultimate Ones by the Mage's Bureau came soon after, and a unilateral shutdown of exploration beyond the lunar sphere is still intact by unanimous agreement.

Manufacturing has been somewhat destabilized in third and second world nations by the introduction of the industrial nanofactory by scientists in the United Kingdom to the rest of the first world. Nanotechnology became a 'thing' in the earlier 70s, and has mostly replaced conventional methods both for cost and time purposes when used for the construction of precision parts, and recycling bulk waste for reprocessing into other materials.

Assembling edible products at the nano scale is still a project under review for feasibility and safety; ditto on medical applications (people very uncomfortable having little machines inside of them fiddling about).

Desktop nanofactories, scaled down appropriately for commercial and personal use, are pending review before any official funding on research projects can get the go-ahead; security remains a concern since the Imperium of the Crimson Moon utilized the unique talents of its membership to steal an industrial-scale one. The main controversy is that creating smaller ones would make it trivial for Dead Apostles and other potential threats to smuggle the things in and start producing untraceable weapons.

3) Most of the Servants are still heroic spirits, but imprisoned in custom mechanized frames that they cannot leave without losing their anchor to the world.

4) Powerbows utilize prana to create ammunition (rather than use wood or metal in disposable arrows and such) and are calibrated for superior performance; Ayako is still unfamiliar with the design, as it's relatively new. A number of civilian organizations, the ones that have archery ranges at all, are recieving grants for testing models designed for sporting use. Responsibility waivers have been filled.

Magical lineages are more prominent than ever, due to their exclusive ability to produce humans who can generate magical energy internally through their Circuits; they've taken a little hit in personal prowess due to a somewhat more proliferate useage of various forms of magecraft, but make up for it in a greater precision due to superior understanding across the board (peer review is a wonderful thing).

Yes, Shirou is still that good at archery, and the rest on him I won't say right now.

And yes, I'm up for debating the technicalities if people see some unfeasible bits here and there. Somewhat limited because there's plot points I don't feel like revealing at the moment.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Okay, someone went ahead and asked a bunch of questions about my 'Magitech' setting, so I'm going to cut out the middle man and post the questions, and my replies, right here. I will provide a link on my first post to this one for reference purposes.

There might be a few spoilers here, so I'll fold it all up into spoiler tags and we'll see how that is. Here we go:

Spoiler:

All good questions, and all stuff I've considered. It's also stuff I've been saving for revelation in future snippets, so I'm going to leave out a few answers.

Here are my responses in order:

1 ) I'm only going to be brief on this one: powerbows are described in more detail in 4, but the mana reservoir is an augmentation implanted into the body that collects trace amounts of mana in the atmosphere, filling up over a period of two weeks at their current most efficient rates. Most take over a month to fill. Japan is one of the few nations prosperous enough, even with its occasional flare-up of civil wars in the past ten years over the continuation of the War for the Grail, to make them available outside of the military and scientific communities. (Other noteworthy ones include: Germany and the UK)

This is only viable because the planet has a somewhat larger amount of the stuff floating around than is canon for the default Nasuverse; Gaia would have no magical energy left floating freely in canon Nasuverse if these and similar magi-technologies were implemented.

2) There are mana collection arrays in high orbit that capture whatever excess of the stuff escapes Gaia's planetary boundary field. The shuttles are for crews bringing up maintenance and repair supplies, and other crews bringing down storage pods full of mana.

The moon has seen some regolith baking for Helium-3 deposits, for experimentation in non-mana based fusion reactions, though it's not a very extensive operation. There's also been some experiments in True Ether processing from the same locale, though so far there's been no progress in that regard other than acquiring samples.

Exploration of other worlds stopped dead when Type-Phobos annihilated a planetary exploration probe attempting to monitor the surface of Mars. More details on the existence of Ultimate Ones by the Mage's Bureau came soon after, and a unilateral shutdown of exploration beyond the lunar sphere is still intact by unanimous agreement.

Manufacturing has been somewhat destabilized in third and second world nations by the introduction of the industrial nanofactory by scientists in the United Kingdom to the rest of the first world. Nanotechnology became a 'thing' in the earlier 70s, and has mostly replaced conventional methods both for cost and time purposes when used for the construction of precision parts, and recycling bulk waste for reprocessing into other materials.

Assembling edible products at the nano scale is still a project under review for feasibility and safety; ditto on medical applications (people very uncomfortable having little machines inside of them fiddling about).

Desktop nanofactories, scaled down appropriately for commercial and personal use, are pending review before any official funding on research projects can get the go-ahead; security remains a concern since the Imperium of the Crimson Moon utilized the unique talents of its membership to steal an industrial-scale one. The main controversy is that creating smaller ones would make it trivial for Dead Apostles and other potential threats to smuggle the things in and start producing untraceable weapons.

3) Most of the Servants are still heroic spirits, but imprisoned in custom mechanized frames that they cannot leave without losing their anchor to the world.

4) Powerbows utilize prana to create ammunition (rather than use wood or metal in disposable arrows and such) and are calibrated for superior performance; Ayako is still unfamiliar with the design, as it's relatively new. A number of civilian organizations, the ones that have archery ranges at all, are recieving grants for testing models designed for sporting use. Responsibility waivers have been filled.

Magical lineages are more prominent than ever, due to their exclusive ability to produce humans who can generate magical energy internally through their Circuits; they've taken a little hit in personal prowess due to a somewhat more proliferate useage of various forms of magecraft, but make up for it in a greater precision due to superior understanding across the board (peer review is a wonderful thing).

Yes, Shirou is still that good at archery, and the rest on him I won't say right now.

And yes, I'm up for debating the technicalities if people see some unfeasible bits here and there. Somewhat limited because there's plot points I don't feel like revealing at the moment.
    Dude...you are such a nerd I could fukken kiss you man.

Love how much thought has been put into the 'background world' for yer magitech drabble continuity...

Now tell me how many virgins I must sacrifice to see more of that please xD

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Aiden thought up the magicbabble as well.

He's...he's like meeee!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Because fuck it, I can't work with this stuff unless I throw in the magicbabble and setting details.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    My God, man, you put my world building to shame.

Namely in that I do, like, absolutely none or very little.

Blog Entries
    My God, man, you put my world building to shame.

Namely in that I do, like, absolutely none or very little.
    It's fun!

You know, if you're a hyper-nerd like me.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    It's fun!

You know, if you're a hyper-nerd like me.
    Fuck that, I'm all about messing with emotions.

Blog Entries
    You speak as if those are mutually exclusive.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy doing both.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.