Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: Elf Musings of a Drabblish Type

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Eh, so long as you got good nutrition, you could be 6+ feet in the Bronze Age. Caesar, for example, is believed to have been around 6 feet tall, and records indicate that ancient Greeks and Romans were not much smaller than we are now. Of course, that changed with the Middle Ages and the shift to cramped cities.
    And Roman History steals the show again.

Out of curiosity, what was the average height for females in those time periods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Eh, so long as you got good nutrition, you could be 6+ feet in the Bronze Age. Caesar, for example, is believed to have been around 6 feet tall, and records indicate that ancient Greeks and Romans were not much smaller than we are now. Of course, that changed with the Middle Ages and the shift to cramped cities.
    And the Celts were actually fairly tall too, especially in the more northern regions. Boudica for example was rumored to be about 6 foot tall herself.

Fore clocks in about 5'10. (She'll joke about how once she started to travel it was like people shrunk. And she felt awkward due to her height.)

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    ...Wait, she's only 5'10''?

*checks wikia*

Well I'll be damned. Gil is 182 cm, so Fore has him beat by less than half an inch.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    ...Wait, she's only 5'10''?

*checks wikia*

Well I'll be damned. Gil is 182 cm, so Fore has him beat by less than half an inch.
    Which Gil would either hate or be turned on by, having a woman taller than him.

Also means Archer's about 3-4 inches taller than her and Lancer 1 to 2.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    And Roman History steals the show again.

Out of curiosity, what was the average height for females in those time periods?
    5'5'' or so, but it really varies. Depends on where you lived and the kind of food you ate. Modern average height for ladies is around 5'6''. Though, again, that varies. In a place like Japan, 5'6'' is tall. Just look at Nasu and co. talking about Medusa; they're like, "Woah, she's really tall!" and then you convert the numbers and she's something around 5'7''.

Also, Gil is 5'11'' and a half, actually.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Which Gil would either hate or be turned on by, having a woman taller than him.
    ....I am totally imagining Gil finding excuses to wear his armor or shoes/boots that give him just enough centimeters to finally be taller than Forest.

Also means Archer's about 3-4 inches taller than her and Lancer 1 to 2.
    Good for Forest, if her ideal guy is taller than her. And that trait does seem to be common among women, or at least the ones I know.

5'5'' or so, but it really varies. Depends on where you lived and the kind of food you ate. Modern average height for ladies is around 5'6''. Though, again, that varies. In a place like Japan, 5'6'' is tall. Just look at Nasu and co. talking about Medusa; they're like, "Woah, she's really tall!" and then you convert the numbers and she's something around 5'7''.
    *eye twitch*

That....was not at all the impression I got from the story. I just know that tidbit is going to irritate me in the future. I'll have to check the Let's Play when my internet isn't so slow, but perspective-wise I recall Rider being quite similar to Archer. Legs being cut off around the same place at the bottom of the screen, head showing up at around the same place.

Seriously, that ain't tall at all. Tallest women I've ever met was around 6'6''.

Also, Gil is 5'11'' and a half, actually.
    *facepalm*

I am god damn Math major. I did the calculations right, in fact I do considerably more difficult problems on a regular basis, and I still misinterpreted it. What is it with me dropping the ball on numbers as soon as I step into BL?

*grumbles over his idiocy*

So much for the Gil idea.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    The scariest thing about that post is the font! D:

Also, everyone drops the ball on BL. It is our nature.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She blinked and folded her arms around herself. Despite her height, she was taller than Gilgamesh, her frame was slim, giving her the illusion of petiteness.
    The fragment about her height being compared to Gil's is awkwardly placed, IMO.

Sadly, I can't think of a quick fix, so I can only leave you with the notice.

Blog Entries
    For posterity, Rider's just over 5'7", like Five said.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    The most hilarious height for a Type-Moon character, by far, has to be Nero.

4'9''. Holy hell! That's getting into "unusually tall hobbit" territory, there!

Blog Entries
    Nero is 4'9"?

Jesus.

.../backflip back into lurking mode must stop posting so much >_>

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Nero is 4'9"?

Jesus.

.../backflip back into lurking mode must stop posting so much >_>
    Those tits have to compensate for something. 'C'

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Those tits have to compensate for something. 'C'
    You can't Presence Conceal those, even if you're Dio Brando.

@Elf: But I wanted Rin with Aoko! *baws*
    I will forgive you if you write a sequel to this drabble, and post more Utopia while you're at it.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    You can't Presence Conceal those, even if you're Dio Brando.

@Elf: But I wanted Rin with Aoko! *baws*
    I will forgive you if you write a sequel to this drabble, and post more Utopia while you're at it.
    Faf, you might have missed a post she did a couple days ago where she said she's a little burnt out on continuing HatB or Utopia right now. I think she's only showing these because she's either already wrote them, or was inspired to push through them by the joy and prospect of it.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Faf, you might have missed a post she did a couple days ago where she said she's a little burnt out on continuing HatB or Utopia right now. I think she's only showing these because she's either already wrote them, or was inspired to push through them by the joy and prospect of it.
    Honestly, if anything is going to get updated first it's H&B. I'm just sort of stuck on where I need to go with it. I know what needs to happen, just getting there is where I'm stumped. Plus H&B is retardedly fun.

Mostly I'm overworked. Too much overtime at work and three anthologies I'm pushing for. Yesterday's drabble was written at work. Because they called for too much over time when we didn't have the work for it. So a lot of sitting there and doing HE-NOTHING and getting paid overtime for it.

Plus Archer and Fore are fun to write.

Blog Entries
    Archer was rather proud of the earrings he had picked out. There had been a couple of hours agonizing over the decision and pouring over a few selections that were in his price range and appropriate color. He was pretty sure the jeweler wanted to kick him out after taking so long for a purchase that wasn't that extravagant, especially not in comparison to some of the others who had been milling around in the store that day. Still, he wanted a pair that would make an impact.

Smiling, the blue velvet box was opened to reveal a simple pair of trilliant cut garnet earrings with just a bit of dangle set in silver. The garnet wasn't quite as true of a red as Rin's pendent, but it was a pretty raspberry shade none the less that caught the light and sparkled. It was simple yet elegant, and he figured Rin would adore it.

He shifted in his cramped airplane seat and glared at the man asleep in front of him with his seat back enough to all but be in Archer's lap. [i]It's worth it,[/url] he thought to himself as he looked out of the window at the endless sky around them. The crystal blue seemingly stretched out forever, occasionally broken by a few fluffy white clouds drifting aimlessly through it. There was a loud click as he closed the box and slid it into his jacket pocket.

Getting onto the plane had been hell, and the earrings weren't the reason why the metal detectors kept setting of. They had ran him through it twice, used the wand three times then patted him down to find the only pieces of metal on him were his keys and the earrings. His Leatherman tool was secured in his luggage, it was too useful not to take, but the security attendants had been baffled about why he had set off the detector so much with nothing on him.

Lancer would have been laughing his head off at the extensive search one man did to try to figure out why Archer was such a security hazard. Considering the last time I flew on a plane and what happened it's really not surprising this is biting me in the ass, he thought as he shifted again, trying to relieve the pressure on his legs from the seat in front of him. He hoped that this flight would go better and that everything would go smoothly when he got to London.

Tohsaka Rin raised her eyebrows at the Finnish blond currently frowning at her.

Luvia's accent was thicker than usual when she said, "I am telling you Rin, your calculations are wrong."

"No, Luvia, you're the one who's wrong. Look again," Rin said as she poked the note pad with her finger.

Luvia swore softly in Finnish before leaning forward, large, spiral amber colored curls spilling onto the table. Plum eyes widened at Rin and Rin smirked. "See?" Rin said with a grin.

The taller girl snorted and said, "Don't get arrogant about it, Rin."

"Oh, and why's that, Eldefelt?" Rin all but sang out as she leaned forward the taller girl.

Luvia blinked and said, "Because you are insufferable when you are right."

"Bother you that much, Luvia?" Rin asked with a wink.

The blond's eyes narrowed and she said, "Do shut up."

"No," Rin said with a smile right as Luvia moved forward, closing the gap, and swept her mouth against Rin's.

Rin wrapped her arms around the larger girl, one hand entangling in those thick, glossy curls as Luvia's hands wandered down her back and sides. The smell of violets was thick in Rin's nostrils and she could taste the chocolate from the truffle the blond had just moments earlier. Rin pressed forward, giving her "rival" no mercy as they kissed.

In fact the world seemed to melt away other than Luvia as the kiss gentled to sweet caresses of lips and tongue. Rin's head swam with bliss as Luvia held her close, eager for contact as always. She stroked the surprising heaviness of Luvia's back and moved to kiss her cheek then down her throat. Luvia moaned as she arched her long, swan like neck for Rin to get better access.

She was briefly aware of the door opening and closing.

Then an all too familiar voice croaked out, "Rin?"

Rin and Luvia jumped away as if they had been burned, Rin heard her heart roaring in her ears as she looked up into a pair of wide, steel colored eyes.

"So, I bet we're going to get a call from the Bowman saying he's going to be in London for a while," Lancer said with a grin.

Ayako tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and grinned back. "You'd be happy if he did, wouldn't you?"

The Celt nodded, grabbed a computer chair, spun it around and straddled it from behind. He rested his arms on top of the back of the chair and nodded, his crimson eyes meeting Ayako's. "Of course, you didn't have to see them making Eyes at each other when the other one wasn't looking. Besides, Archer needs someone to get that massive stick from up his arse," Lancer replied with a shrug.

Ayako raised her eyebrows and said, "That's for damned sure. I have half a mind to just like trash his office to see him twitch."

"He's the best housewife who's ever lived," Lancer said with a chuckle.

Ayako looked around and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'll admit I'm really not good at straightening up or cooking."

"So? We've got Archer to do that. You look up stuff on that Devil Box," Lancer said with a glare towards the computer.

She chuckled and said, "It's called a computer."

"I call it a Devil Box," Lancer said with a glare, "It's full of all sorts of perverse and unnatural things. I've seen it. I stared into the abyss and ran away weeping."

"You know Minori warned you about going into /B/ alone," Ayako said with a sigh and a shake of her head.

Lancer threw up his hands and said, "I couldn't help it! I got curious and poked my nose right where I shouldn't, and now I'm scarred for life."

"What did you see anyway?" Ayako asked as she moved to turn the "Devil Box" on. She remembered one time Minori had forced her to see two women in a wading pool of baked beans doing stuff that she hadn't thought was physically possible. Or sticking things that were too big into places that they really shouldn't have gone into. Or maybe beans were a better lubricant than Ayako had initially thought.

A pained look passed Lancer's face and he said, "I loved my horses. I didn't love them like that."

"Eh, that's kinda tame," Ayako said with a grin as the Windows screen booted up.

Then the office door flew open and Lancer was on his feet in an instant while Ayako moved behind him. She blinked to see Archer standing there looking even surlier than normal. His eyes were narrowed, his jaw clinched so hard that she swore she heard his teeth grinding, and his fists were so tight the knuckles were white. He walked over to the desk and a little blue velvet box was slammed onto the desk hard enough to make it shake.

Lancer blinked and asked, "Everything okay, Bowman?"

Eyes like molten steel met Ayako's and Archer said in a rusty voice, "Call the punk. I need a sparring partner."

"Well, I'll spar with you," Lancer said as he all but grinned from ear to ear and flashed his fangs.

Archer's glare would have frozen water in July when he said, "No. I want to fight the boy." Then with that he stormed out of the office as quick as he had entered.

Ayako blinked and lifted up the blue velvet box. A flick of the wrist opened it and she blinked at the red stones gleaming in the fluorescent light and the flash of silver against dark velvet. She gently closed the box before looking at Lancer, who was frowning.

The Celt reached for the box, opened it, looked inside, and whistled. "I'll be damned, he's a sodding romantic," Lancer said with a sigh as he put the box down.

Ayako bit her lip, nodded, and replied, "And I think he got rejected."

"Or someone beat him to the punch," Lancer said in a soft voice.

Ayako crossed her arms and asked, "Should I call Emiya?"

"Aye and Sakura," Lancer said.

For Beam. Because Lesbians

Blog Entries
    Hooray for lesbians! But then again, poor Archer. And poor Shirou, afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it sad, EMIYA? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    LESBIANS YES

Bwahahahaha

Luvia/Rin rivalry reaches its natural conclusion.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Hooray for lesbians! But then again, poor Archer. And poor Shirou, afterwards.
    Being Emiya is suffering.

At least Shirou has Sakura to lick his wounds.