Thread: Lethum's Libro Lounge

Blog Entries
    No, I got that.

Need more than that.

Cause I'm curious like that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    No, I got that.
    Need more than that.
    Cause I'm curious like that.
    Ah, okay. I can understand that, then. I want more too.
    Especially with how Shirou and Misaya became so close, and how Shirou (and *maybe* Misaya too?) fared with Altrouge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, some people seem to like this continuity, so I guess I'll feed them some words to see if they still like it.

Previous
    Next

Steel Nerves
    Tuesday

Bogotá DC, Colombia
    XX/XX/20XX-Early Night

Emiya Shirou stood at the top of of Torre Colpatria as a hailstorm hammered the streets of the city. A small bluetooth device in his ear allowed him to keep his hands free and let him store the disposable cellphone he'd bought earlier in his pocket. His eyes were reinforced to the absolute limits of his skill, and even with the uncounted droplets of rain and pieces of hail hammering the ground his eyes never wandered. Clad in a long dark red duster that protected him from the falling water, lightly armored pants, boots and vest, he wouldn't have presented a photogenic image to cameras that happened to be aimed in his direction. His clothes were too dark to be seen against the night sky.

He stood far enough from the edge to be invisible from the sidewalk immediately adjacent to the building, still as a statue as the fierce winds that blew at that height whipped hair into his face and as the hail bounced off his body. The short caravan that held his target was stuck in traffic, slowly but steadily advancing through the street, trapped in place by both the public that the drivers and passengers of the other vehicles represented and by the physical obstacles they presented. His target would not be able escape without somehow neutralizing him for at least half a minute. It may as well be an eternity as far as difficulty was concerned for his target.

The target was a Dead Apostle, an immigrant who had chosen to amass economic power by entering the somewhat battered yet living and kicking business of drug trafficking. Having managed to hide his growth in power by disguising his numerous victims as casualties of the deadly altercations that typically surrounded widespread, organized and illegal ventures with as much monetary gain illegal drugs did.

Buying supernatural information, favors, knowledge and artifacts with money, and then employing that supernatural power to obtain even more money while he used both to hide the consequences of his actions from the world, the Magus that became known as "El Patrón" internationally in just a few months after becoming a vampire was on the fast track to real power. He was already nearing the solvency of the richest among Dead Apostles, and the rate at which he consumed blood and improved in magecraft would guarantee him reaching the level of a Dead Apostle Ancestor far sooner than many present and past members of the Vampiric Cabal.

Or it would have, had Emiya Shirou not been hired by a rival to curtail his production.

"Site One."

"Check."

"Site Cat."

"Check."

"Site Hill."

"Check."

"Site Box."

"Check."

"Site Chess."

"Check."

One by one, the remote controlled artifices that Shirou had planned to simultaneously strike were confirmed to be functional. Only one of them was directly involved with the target that he planned to deal with personally, El Patrón. Most were headquarters for particularly dangerous gangs, or for the urban militia of the subversive guerillas in the country.

"Start at will," he said. This time, there was no answer from Misaya through the cellphone, and the call did not end.

Ignoring this, Shirou projected the bow that the Archer class Servant of the Fifth Holy Grail War used to fire Noble Phantasm swords at his targets. After taking out an elongated bullet our of his pocket and holding it between his fingers, he was suddenly holding a bullet tipped arrow.

The sounds of controlled explosions could be heard through the wireless device in his ear as he aimed and notched the arrow. He used first reinforcement and then Structural Analysis to test the state of his projectile.

He let the arrow fly, sending it hurtling at the speed of sound towards the car where El Patrón was. With his reinforced sight, he could see the moment when the arrow and the drug vampire lord were aligned, and allowed the magic on the arrow to act. This sent a pulse of power that detonated the explosive in the back of the bullet, and initiating a high speed rotation along it's longitudinal axis that would keep it on target. The bullet went through the target vehicle, moving so fast that it didn't seem to have noticed the armor beneath the plating of El Patrón's automobile ad buried itself in the road. Misaya's voice was noting cleared sites with detached interest, parroting a few numbers after each site. These first hand statistics would lead the analysis of their performance on the current contracts, before more complex factors were taken into account. In their line of work, optimal performance was often a matter of life and death. Thankfully, the conversation was recorded, so neither Shirou nor Misaya had to spare any attention to memorizing the data.

Pandemonium was born in the streets, the loud sound of the bullet having terrorized all who heard it, causing a couple of minor accidents. A forensic ballistics investigation would later conclude that the bullet was fired from an impossible angle for a human. Any vehicle capable of putting a man in a position where the shot could be made would have been big and loud enough to be obvious to all observers. Even if a stealth airplane had made the shot undetected, the ballistics would have found evidence by examining the trajectory and penetration of the bullet. Any other possibility of putting a firearm in a place where it could have fired the gun would have been detected by the terrified drivers and passengers who looked out of the window...if they could function in the hailstorm at all.

Taking a new cellphone out of his pocket, Shirou dialed a number, and a mortar shell was fired with flawless precision at the caravan that used to contain El Patrón. A flex of his circuits, and the cellphone was reduced to dust that exploded over his hand and was taken away by the wind. He wiped his free hand on the Duster, projected the Noble Phantasm that would prevent regeneration of the target, Harpe, and slowly turned around. He resisted the urge to put a hand on the wireless device as he spoke

"Site Gem cleared. Oh-Nine-Four, zero, zero. Site Father cleared. One-oh-love, zero, zero."

"That was quite rude, just ignoring us like that after we came all the way up here to say hello, Mister Magus." It was the voice of a woman, a powerful vampire dressed in a tiny black dress that hugged her every curve. Her hair, her clothes and herself were all perfectly dry despite the storm. Red eyes gleamed like jewels, hidden behind long black hair and seemed to ensnare the eyes of any who dared to gaze upon her.

Shirou had become much snarkier and silent after the Grail War. "Criminals who would enter unauthorized areas deserve no manners."

The woman raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Odd words, to come for a freelancer mercenary who just assassinated a respected member of the community," she said softly, her voice carrying well despite the rain.

"I also don't deserve any manners, at the moment."

The woman smiled, and in her mouth her fangs almost seemed to gleam in the night. Blood lust began to fill the air, and the woman began to advance towards Shirou.

"I know who you are," he said.

"You seem well informed." The blood lust kept rising, but Shirou still stood impassive, undisturbed by the show of power of the Dead Apostle Ancestor that shared the top of the building with him.

"Let's play a game...Altrouge Brunestud."

For you, it was the most important moment in your miserable life.
    For me, it was just...

Previous
    Next

On the snippets on this thread: I made this thread as an idea Graveyard. If I write something here, it's to kill a plot bunny, or get a scene out of my head.

If you want to see more of something, just ask. Since they were my ideas in the first place, I probably can expand it some more ^.^!

Also, I may revisit old ideas just because.
    Last edited by lethum; January 25th, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    I definitely want to see where this is going, lethum. ^^
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    "Misaya's voice was noting cleared sites with detached interest, parroting a few numbers after each site, first hand statistics that would lead the"

Cuts off there, bro.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    More accurately, the sentence is cut off and continued in the next paragraph.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    "Misaya's voice was noting cleared sites with detached interest, parroting a few numbers after each site, first hand statistics that would lead the"

Cuts off there, bro.
    Fixed.

Well, completed, actually.

Thoughts?

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Needs more Power Rangers.

But naw, I was pretty pleased with the second Archer as Avenger snip.

It's always a treat to see Shirou and Iri in the same room together. So heart warming in an unconventional way.

The MoS snippets aren't really my thing, but I read them and I actually found myself interested in what Shirou does next.

I look forward to more, my dear Lethum!

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god yes. That moment when Shirou meets Altrouge was amazing. I like to see more of that.

The MoS snippits are my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

A MoS Shirou and Altrouge to boot?

Take my money and write more of this!

Eight days isn't necro, Lyco.

Blog Entries
    Here's another bit. Disregard the future told off in the first snippet, that was Heaven's Zero Feel Route, Normal End. This is Time Alter Zero Route, True End.

This happens right after the snippet in the first post.

Prologue
    Previous
    Next

Anti-Monster
    Time Alter Zero
    May the Power Protect You

With the summons of the giant robot, the three Servants about to battle seemed to freeze, even the giant monster that Caster had become after fusing with the black magic noble Phantasm, Prelati's Spellbook. But they were humans who's deeds and fame ascended them to the Throne of Heroes after their death, even a man made metallic dragon was not enough to make them pause for more than a moment in such a fight. Even if their efforts seemed to amount to nothing, they still would cut away at the tentacles of the monster, attacking it even as they looked for a way to bypass the high speed regeneration that undid the wounds they dealt to the monster. Rider on his chariot, and Saber running on water as if it was solid ground, the two Servants relentlessly attacked time and time again.

Inside the cockpit of mankind's weapon, Avenger was behind the controls, making sure that he could control the giant he was in charge of. Noting that there was a steady but noticeable flow of magical energy going from him to the Zord, he idly noted the controls used for movement. By applying his Structural Analysis on the link he received a mass of information, most of which he simply couldn't process and discarded. But he was able to discern something important. The Dragonzord wasn't being maintained by him, it was like a familiar that obtained the power it needed to reject the World's from a source that was neither Avenger nor the energy floating in the world. An alien power that used his magical energy to stabilize itself and synchronize with the one who had summoned the great robot, a power aligned with what humans would interpret as a color and an animal.

'Just as well. Even if this means that any attacks the Dragonzord makes will need some of my magical energy to exist, that's a very small price for being able to combat that monster without Saber's Noble Phantasm.'

Feeling a spike of pain in his mind, Avenger took off the Crystal glasses that had allowed him to glimpse the Dragon Dagger. To infiltrate the Tohsaka state in order to find that object had been nerve wracking, especially in comparison with the relative ease with which he used Kiritsugu's modern equipment to bypass the Presence Concealment of the Servants and destroy them from a sniping position. Shaking his head to focus on the current battle, the nameless hero moved a control and turned back to the monster that Caster had become.

The Dragonzord roared, sheer volume momentarily overcoming every other sound in the vicinity of the battlefield, before aiming it's claws at the river by Caster's feet and firing dozens of missiles that homed into the lower parts of the monster. Immobile as it was, the creature only whined in pain as great explosions tore great chunks out of it's lower section, destroying the root tentacles with which it had been balancing. This caused Caster to fall over to the ground, sending a gigantic wave of water to both shores of the river.

Seeing as the two masters would be struck by the water, Lancer looked around for a method to prevent this. Seeing the car in which Irisviel had arrived, Lancer simply pushed it until it was sideways in front of the two masters, and putting his hand on the underside, braced himself against the ground. Heaving the car above his head, Lancer gestured to the two masters, who moved over to the underside of the car as the wave struck like the fist of a giant.

But Lancer had fought warriors of great strength and giants before, and kept the car mostly immobile. Sprays of water managed to touch their clothes, and the water that had rushed underneath the car had wet their feet and pushed them back, but the danger posed by the wave of water to the two magi had been averted. However, they had not protected the rest of the civilians who had come out, lured as they were by the sight of the giant monster or the giant robot dragon in the river. Children, elderly, adults, pets, everyone who was near the river was swept up by the wave and thrown around. Some people would die.

"I am the bone of my sword," intoned Avenger before a floating Harpe manifested outside the Dragonzord and flew at the downed monster.

Automatically, the regeneration of Caster's monster slowed down. While it would still recover impossibly fast from the barrage, the time it took to recover had been made twenty times longer. The legendary noble Phantasm of Perseus, the slayer of the Gorgon monster Medusa, it nullified the supernatural regeneration that it had displayed, forcing it to follow the natural laws of healing. But the monster that Caster had become was not native to the world, and the natural laws under which it healed were different to those of the world of humans, and so Harpe failed to prevent it from regenerating and simply slowed the speed at which it happened instead.

But that was enough. The Dragonzord had another weapon that it could use against the monster. Jumping high into the air in a move that made a vague twister rise from the river in the wake of the Zord, Avenger activated the drill tip on the tail of the Dragonzord and made the giant twist itself in order to make maximum use out of the height it had gained. Secure in the great power of regeneration it boasted, Caster had been preparing to use the tentacles it boasted to immobilize the mechanized dragon and then attack the pilot directly, so when the magnitude of the attack that awaited him with the descent of the Zord became clear, all he managed to do was to move towards the back of his creation, near the bottom of the river in order to put as much mass as possible between himself and the attack.

Avenger, from his vantage point in the cockpit of he falling Dragonzord could clearly see the entirety of Caster's monster even as the water from upstream in the river rushed forwards in order to fill the void made by the explosions of Archer's missiles and the falling abomination that even now lay in the ground. Instinctively adding more magical energy to the Dragonzord, the white haired Servant's eyes never left the monster as it was systematically crushed, ground, trampled and vaporized by the falling drill tail-whip of the Zord.

This new attack once again threw away or evaporated the water that had surrounded Caster, and reduced the abomination to vaguely serpentine remains reminiscent of a human spine, with a bulge in the place where Caster was. Having been pushed back somewhat by the recoil from the attack, Avenger aimed again with the claws of the Dragonzord and let out a much smaller, and much less draining barrage of missiles mostly on the place where the magical energy and the flesh of monster were gathered the most.

Everything quieted down. The other two Servants who had moved to attack Caster's monster, Saber and Rider, had survived the battle of giants with ease, and with the monster defeated, they both returned to the riverside. The river, once again, was being filled by the water that came from upstream, and in the deepening water, the Dragonzord began to sink.

But not before Avenger jumped out of the cockpit onto it's shoulder, and then onto the ground.

Irisviel had spent one Command Seal calling Archer across time and space, but since publicly Saber was her Servant, she couldn't just claim avenger as her real Servant or one of her two Servants, because that would make the other Masters suspect the fact that there was another Master, hidden in order to support her from the shadows. It was too close to the truth to reveal right away, which meant that the Command Seal that was the prize of Caster's head would go unclaimed.

"That was quite the battle, mysterious Servant. I haven't heard of a hero who rode a metal dragon to battle," came from Rider, the King of Conquerors, as he picked his master by the scruff of his clothes and placed it on Gordion Wheel. Saber stood before Irisviel, standing between her and the other three Servants with a clearly protective disposition.

"I was very surprised when I came here, King of Conquerors. My legend is nonexistent in this period of time, and whoever knows it likely forgot about it right away," Avenger spoke back.

"Your Master must be a quite a skilled and sneaky fellow to have stayed hidden for so long in the war," Rider said before letting out a loud laugh. "I like that! It seems like this war is filled with interesting opponents. Do you want to join my army, mysterious Servant?" Loudly asked the red haired giant.

With a smirk, the tanned Servant denied him saying, "I must decline, King of Conquerors. But I assure you that we'll meet again."

And with those parting words and a nod to Irisviel that those present mistook for one at the knight class Servants, Avenger astralized and left.

'Are you alright, Avenger?' Inquired Irisviel mentally.

'I am, my lady. The Summons was much less taxing than I expected, and I managed to attain an useful tool from my foray into the Tohasaka Manor,' Avenger answered over the same link.

'Alright, Avenger. Go to the shed and wait for me there,' Irisviel ordered

'As you wish, my lady.'

To Be Continued...

Prologue
    Previous
    Next

Not beta'ed.

Comment?

Critique?
    Last edited by lethum; June 22nd, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sugar and spice can taste really nice
    Prologue:

It was a bright and cheery day in the quaint city of Fuyuki, and our ever helpful redhead protagonist toiled away in the shed, dutifully reorganizing the many items store in the boxes that piled up in the shed. Boring as it was to unpack and inspect, to clean and repackage the various books, nick knacks, magazines, lamps and decoration pieces, the boy-full of swords delighted in being helpful, and the chore in course was not a chore for him at all.

It was a Sunday, and for once his adoptive, festive guardian called Fujimura Taiga was not around. Cramming for exams, studying in groups, she was for once taking her career seriously, trusting in the fact that Shirou was a well behaved boy. And such a nice boy he was, spending his free time not by watching TV, nor by running amok on the streets, but by helping around in the house where he lived in and doing the chores better and more often than his guardian, the teacher's undergraduate Taiga.

Standing on a chair, for he was still not very tall, the young well mannered boy peeked on the contents of a box, sitting without a cover on the top of a hill of cardboard and baggage. Seeing only a mirror as it sat over cloth, brave young Shirou braced on his spot, ready and willing to carry down the box. However much willing, he may'd been just unlucky, for the chair and the box both colluded against him and without nary a hint they all fell on the ground, rolling.

Somewhat hurt, and a little bit sad, Emiya Shirou stood up from the ground. Selfless and dutiful, he cared not for his wounds, for they were very small and he cared for his work. The mirror had fallen, unbroken and unscratched and even then it laid down on the floor at an angle like a toy sized ramp. Perfectly aware that there was something beneath, the young Emiya Shirou stepped closer and heaved. Without effort or hardship, and the mirror in hand, the kind boy looked down on the florence flask. It was filled with a thick black liquid, and marked with a big white X. From the looks of it, it seemed like honey, spiced and stored for later usage.

Reaching down to grab the flask, Shirou-san did not know that, the previous fall had weakened the glass, and his hand touched the chemical. With an explosion that knocked him back, the brave young boy traversed the air, and he finally stopped trying to rhyme in his head. When said head, and back and shoulders, hit the wall.

'Stupid rhyming movies...'

Applying pressure to the back of his head using one hand, he used to other to help push himself off the ground and look around at the shed, to see if he would have to fix or throw away anything. Seeing that other than a few objects falling to the side, everything thrown around bar him had survived the explosion unscratched. Even the mirror, which lay near the wall furthest away from the shattered remains of the flask, was as unharmed as ever. Moving over to pick it up, Shirou quickly took it in his hand and picked it up.

And looked.

At the ground.

Seven feet bellow his eyes.

And he was less than five feet tall!

Twisting around in the air only showed him that he had apparently become able to fly. Exitedly beginning to explore and repeatedly bump against the walls, ceiling and floor of the shed when he couldn't stop in time, taught him two things. He could fly, and he also had enough super toughness to survive accidents with his flying powers. Daring to fly at a higher speed through the door of the shed and over the garden, he managed to see the glimpse of a shinning, colored trail in the path he flew.

"Yahoo!" he yelled with a smile.

"Now, I can fly!" He excalimed as he moved a bit higher.

"Now I can fight!" He yelled as he shadow boxed against the air for a second.

"Heroes, here I come!"

Sadly, that's when Shirou remembered that the shed was still a mess to be organized. Enthused as he was, the time it took him to finish organizing the shed felt like a few minutes. With renewed energy, he went on to do all the chores of the Emiya Residence. Twice.

'Father... now I can be a super hero'

However, unknown to him, the Mirror and the Kaleidostick had reacted. Badly. They both worked on the same targets, and fueled itself following the same laws, but thy were patently incompatible in the actual way that their working mechanisms were implemented. A surge of power resonated through both objects, the power dispersed itself through the town and fed the spirits of dozens, if not hundres of objects enough magical energy to substitute for centuries of worship.

Fuyuki was in danger! Colossal tsukumogami, given life and power by the same mirror that made him a hero, would soon rise, one after the next. All of them aiming to cause wanton destruction until they can find and understand the poer that calls to them, the power that lies nigh undetectable in the river of Fuyuki City!

Will Emiya Shirou, the Powerpuff Hero be able to juggle classes with fighting Tsukumogami Kaiju? Will the Tsukumogami Kaiju ever be able to awaken their natural royalty, the Rowdyruff Queens that sleep under the waves? Will the Powerpuff Hero triumph against the Tsukumogami-ojou, the RowdyRuff Queens powered by the accumulated mystery of millenia?

Stay tuned!

Kind of a tiny belated birthday present for RadiantBeam, because she asked for it over the other options over at te crossover ideas thread!

Blog Entries
    Nice to see an update for that Avenger-EMIYA idea, and this more recent hilarious one, too. ^^
    F/GO SUPPORT

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Both of these snippets were exceedingly awesome, Lethum.

I love Avenger Emiya and his awesome weapons, and it was a real treat to see the Dragonzord in action, too.

And I'm always tickled whenever he calls Irisviel "my lady".

The other snippet was also pretty amusing, if a bit odd and wacky. xD

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    More MoS! Well, it's not quite MoS, in that it didn't come from a bad end in Heaven's Feel. It is simply a route in which the Shadow was awakened and Shirou made the decision to take down Sakura in cold blood to save the people she threatened as the conduit for the Shadow, when the facts came to light. That's still MoS, right?

First
    Previous

Steel Nerves
    Errand

Kansas City, USA
    0Y/XX/(20XX+3)-Night

Their employer had provided the tools through which they'd gotten in. A paranoid highly paid executive had believed that their competition had stolen the business plans of his company, and since he couldn't simply send an employee to find and recover them, he hired mercenaries. They had been expensive, charging more than their usual amount for a job outside of their more common and grisly work and higher still than others who did work in the corporate intelligence warfare business. The woman had probably mistaken highest cost for highest skill and gone for the most expensive service she could find.

It hadn't been a mistake, necessarily. They had taken the job for their own reasons, and she had provided fake certificates from a certifying firm that were not only made in the same place as the real ones, given that her lover and her husband's cousin worked there, but also identified them as auditors from a multinational company offering a one-day flash examination of their company. The targeted company had only began growing in form for the last year, their finances and marketing plans taking a turn from the mediocre to the nigh precognitive, or from average to high quality. They sat on a meeting room without any kind of electronic or magical surveillance. One lack was intentional, to avoid espionage, the other was a predictable consequence of the mundane nature of the corporation. At the moment, Shirou and Misaya sat opposite from where the directives of the company were standing to leave the room, leaving their laptops, smart phones and tablets in the room without any care even as they mumbled excuses to themselves.

"Of course, just a moment."

"I'll be waiting right outside, then."

"A few minutes sound perfectly reasonable, of course."

It didn't take long for them to finish leaving, and Misaya finally stopped using hypnosis. The magecraft of the Reiroukan clan was built around mental domination. They had become somewhat famous for their skill at using familiars in conjunction with their powers and their skill at stealing familiars from other families, but the truth was that they used their family magic to continually control the familiar, and use it as a parallel brain on which they could execute part of their calculations and cast part of their magic. Their family had been the natural enemies of the Matou clan, and they had only survived to this day because they managed to hide until the Matou had begun their so far uninterrupted decline. Also, every other family of magi nearby strengthened their mental defense techniques in order to better combat them. The Reiroukan clan could be said to be a family of puppet users that could use anything, from simple animated automatons to weak minded magi, as their puppets, thanks to their mental domination magic.

Of course, they would work much better with familiar puppets, so the Reiroukan magi tended to stick to using the familiars they made themselves, or the ones they inherited from their ancestors. As the heir of the clan, Misaya had inherited both the Crest as well as several of the familiars of the previous head, but she had lost them when a dazed Emiya Shirou, numb from the destruction of the Grail, had wandered too close to the Reiroukan state and called out the wrath of the clan.

Swords had rained, and almost all familiars present at the battle had died.

Shirou had been fortunate in that they had not targeted his mind, since he had been told by Rin that his mental defenses were weak, though later training with Misaya had shown the pair that either the Tohsaka magus had been wrong or those defenses had greatly strengthened in the time period between the assertion by the genius magus and the test. After that first battle where they met, he had gone to the closest bed he could find and fell asleep right there without caring who owned it. He had slept for twelve hours, and when he woke, the Reiroukan had offered their heir as compensation of the mostly unprovoked attack. They had been thinking as magi, knowing that Misaya was a good magus who would bare her husband strong children with a favorable number of good quality circuits. Shirou, who had heard about the Magus Killer from Kotomine during the war, saw in her Hisui Maiya, the woman who wasn't Kiritsugu's wife who had fought with him in the previous war.

The clan had been surprised, but their style of magecraft, which used familiars potentially shared between relatives to cast their spells, allowed them to distribute and store their magical knowledge in a similar way to how the Einzbern used homunculi, and they had adapted. There were still some who held hope for the original plan, but the clan had seemingly moved on to swiftly produce a generation of children and harshly train them to choose the best of them as the new heir should Misaya fail to return.

With the computers of the directives of the company unguarded before them, Shirou and Misaya quickly went over and changed several files around in a subtle way. In the coming weeks, an anonymous tip to the authorities would uncover a sweatshop in the Caribbean, which would start an avalanche that would end with hundreds of people freed from unfair jobs and trained in basic tasks that coupled with the welfare mission that the company had just decided to follow under Shirou's electronic manipulations would lead to those same hundreds of people becoming carpenters or shoemakers, or tailors, or construction workers. It was a more indirect way of achieving their objective, when compared to their usual modus operandi of directly opposing threats against common, innocent people, but it was still saving people in the end.

As soon as they were done, they ushered the directives back inside, and mimicked a series of discussions that would lead to the decisions they had taken. Shirou allowed himself to participate in the meeting, while Misaya bent their minds to the purposes they intended. They had already found who had been the mole in the company of their employer, and proof of that man's collusion with an enemy company was already collected.

"From our findings, it is clear that your company would benefit from..."

The next day, a small drug distributing ring was gutted with their upper and medium management dead.

Everyday, you get up, clean up, eat, work, sleep,
    train, maybe you even have to go on an...

Previous

There you go. Back stories are revealed in this chapter.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Interesting regarding how Misaya and Shirou first met. What exactly did Shirou do when he wandered too close to their lands? What did he do that made the Reiroukan clan try to kill him?

As for Misaya being offered to Shirou, how did she feel about that? How does she feel about Shirou?

Blog Entries
    Reading this, it seems Shirou is basically Kiritsugu 2.0 in Steel Nerves.

Badass.

Harem Ending?
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    Harem Ending?
    Not sure if serious, or just hopeful.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Tohsaka seems to have the serious hots for him... which are somehow enhanced by his slaying of his sister ;p

I can see it.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.