Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lethum's Libro Lounge

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lethum's Libro Lounge

Well since people are liking there, then maybe they'll like this one by Osmosis!

A Lancelot x Drake snip for Theo. Though the characters aren't very...characterized, so you can insert your own favorite pages?
    Peace

Anti-Monster

Heaven's Zero Feel

Caster's monster rose from the river that split Fuyuki in twain, a monument to the blasphemy of the madman who'd called it forth. Even now, the Servants gathered to both destroy the monster and kill the summoner, chasing the Command Seal offered by the Mediator of the War.

Saber had run ahead, stepping on the water like it was solid ground as she raced ahead to face the enemy, and Irisviel could only look at her back as she got farther and farther away. The homunculus sighed, and looked at the back of her right hand, where her Command Seals rested. It was the proof of her contract between her and the nameless hero who had nearly halved the number of Assassins -and left on his own mission- long before the Servant of the Cloak and Dagger met it's ultimate end inside Rider's Reality Marble. Technically summoned under the class of Avenger, the lack of class skills did not even weaken him, with the downsides prevented by the technicalities that the surrounded her Servant from the instant of his summoning, such as the Shroud that the Servant wore over his clothes.

But now it was time to fight. Even if she believed that Saber could defeat the abomination summoned by Caster, this was a battle where nothing could be left up to chance. In fact, with both Saber and Avenger around, it was perfectly possible to launch a powerful surprise offense to defeat at least one Servant other than Caster. Trusting in the fact that her body was still strong despite the decay that it should have been going through as the Lesser Grail portion of her existence strengthened it's ties with the Greater Grail, she believed in the fact that her Servant accomplished the hair brained mission he and Kiritsugu had sent him into.

"Avenger, come!" She ordered, empowering her absolute command with the might of one, the first, of her Command Seals.

And there he was, white haired, dark skinned, steely eyed and kneeling before her in a tight black armored body suit and a two piece red coat made from the Shroud of Martin.

"My lady, your Servant is here. What are your orders?" Even if Avenger had been much closer in mentality to Kiritsugu than Saber had been, he seemed to delight in treating both Irisviel and Illyasviel as if they were actual royalty, instead of just pawns of the Einzbern.

"Servant Caster pollutes the river with his wicked powers, my Avenger," she intoned regally, even as she got into the mood set by her Servant. "See to it that he and his wretched pet are smitten with utmost haste."

Of course, she couldn't help but to smile softly through her solemn words as she gazed upon the Servant who had appeared when she watched Kiritsugu summon Saber.

"As you wish, my lady."

With those words, Archer took out a pair of glasses from somewhere and put them on his face. Pushing prana inside them, he intoned, "Prism of the Kaleidoscope, give me sight beyond sight." This caused the glasses to shine brightly for a second, before becoming simple glasses once more.

"Trace, on!"

The dagger that appeared in Avenger's hands was mundane looking. A determined television studio could make a perfect visual replica out of plastic, wood, paint and metal. But nobody who laid their eyes upon it would mistake it for anything but the Noble Phantasm it was. This was the only magic allowed to the Servant Avenger of the Fourth Holy Grail War, the ownership and reign of a world filled with infinite blades, blades that he could bring out and wield. Even if it was a Noble Phantasm older than the Pyramids of Egypt, if it was an Armament, he could bring forth a nigh perfect copy. If it was a sword of some description, then the cost was comparatively, and unbelievably low for such a miracle. This kind of power belonged to the spirit that even then dwells within the Throne of Heroes.

And this Noble Phantasm was almost a sword. It was a dagger. A flute. A mystery capable of summoning an Anti-Giant Monster weapon if the right notes were played. These notes had been memorized by the person who would become the Servant Avenger during his childhood.

[Open this link in another tab without changing tab so that you recongnize the sound grom your own childhood!]

The water of the river bubbled, swelled and broke!

From the water, a mechanized creature born to fight by mankind's, by justice's side against evil and the giant monsters it sent against the innocent, rose.

A roar shook the atmosphere as Irisviel looked in awe, and Avenger, now safely inside the cockpit of the robot ordered it to attack.

The battle would be over at the hands of the Counter Guardian Emiya and his Dragonzord, and without the sheer might of the true power of Saber's Noble Phantasm kept hidden from Archer's eyes, the blonde knight was underestimated at a critical juncture and killed the arrogant, golden armored Servant. Deploying his Reality Marble to isolate the explosion that would result from the destruction of the Grail by Saber's Excalibur, Avenger never noticed the young redheaded boy who had been dragged into it, who suffered so terribly for those few seconds that his previous life was essentially erased, and who's life was saved by the timely implantation of Avalon inside his body. Safe from the Grail Mud by several of the many Noble Phantasms inside Unlimited Blade Works, Kiritsugu was able to find Irisviel and have her heal Maiya.

Injured too badly to continue her mercenary work, Maiya became a Maid of the Emiya family. Uninjured and with Irisviel by his side, Kiritsugu was able to steal Illyasviel away from the main Einzbern compound. Like went on. Spring came again.

Hopefully To Be Continued

Prologue

And with this, I go to sleep. Next time, MoS!Shirou does awesome things by author fiat!
    Last edited by lethum; April 20th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    What the heck? I'm kinda surpriseed
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

Blog Entries
    Expand! Expand, expand, expand!

And explain. There is so much going on here, and it all intrigues me. Why is Archer now Avenger?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post

And explain. There is so much going on here, and it all intrigues me. Why is Archer now Avenger?
    This and why does he have the Dragonzord?
    Unless of course this is just crack, and shouldn't be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sight beyond sight?!

Dragonzord?!

My God, Lethum. You are too fucking awesome.

I eagerly await more, if there is indeed more.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wat is this? Another amazing snippit thread?

Must subscribe because the snippit compels me to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries

Well, while Avalon was the perfect catalyst for the wielder of Excalibur, when coupled with Kiritsugu it counts as a pretty good catalyst for Shirou. EMIYA got shoved into the Avenger class because he was summoned as an afterthought by the Grail. The Avenger class is the cheapest, see? It's because it's was designed to rely on the power of All the Evils in the World instead. All it means for Emiya is that he has no Independent Action, and that the MR he has is not boosted by his class if it ever was.

Also, because I felt like I couldn't justify him being summoned as a second Archer Servant, so I had to pick a class for him that indicated the whole "defective" summoning thing.

If people want more of this thing, then I may write a few snippets to flesh out the timeline.

I had a good laugh when Avenger/Archer went Power Ranger. With Team Emiya getting a happy end, I can see how Shirou's superhero dream could get changed from MoS to afternoon cartoonish. I liked the snippit. The ending felt rushed, but if this is a prologue, I can see how it'd be okay. Like Beam-sama mentioned this definitely has room for expansion. I would've liked to have seen F/Zero events but given the way you super-rushed the ending, I'm guessing you intend to jump to FSN ASAP?

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    GILGASMESH: How dare you have the dragonzord answer the call of a Faker! That magnificient steed was inherited by one the few heroes I respect. The King is not amused.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    HAHAHA.

POWER RANGERS YES
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    HAHAHA.

POWER RANGERS YES
    GO GO POWER RANGERS

Blog Entries
    I chuckled.

However on a serious note, I do like the idea of EMIYA getting summoned as "Avenger".

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    A question...was Saber summoned in the Einzbern state in the middle of frozen nowhere, or was it in Japan's castle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    A question...was Saber summoned in the Einzbern state in the middle of frozen nowhere, or was it in Japan's castle?
    Frozen nowhere.

Yeah, there's the whole bit where Artoria watches over Ilya and Kiritsugu playing whilst they're still in Germany. They definitely haven't got to Japan at that point.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Here's another bit. Seemingly, this continues! Who would've thought?

Anti-Monster
    Lesser Vessel

"This is it?" Asked Irisviel, walking towards the deceptively tall and narrow table in the middle of the room.

"Indeed it is, my lady." The white haired Servant's voice came from a near a window.

"It's such a small thing, though. Can something this small really contain seven heroic spirits?" Irisviel asked, as she caressed the edge of the Lesser Grail that lay on the table.

"As existences beyond the physical, Heroic Spirits don't properly have a concept of size. Spiritually, this container has an exceedingly high capacity, even if it is a bit fragile when compared to the original," admitted Avenger. "I believe that the recreation that the old man ordered will be much sturdier both physically and spiritually when compared to this one and to the original."

"And yet, you made this with a simple memory transfer and basic projection... you are really an existence beyond this times, Avenger."

"Greatness is required to enter the Throne of Heroes, my lady. This was simply an use of my skills that could maximize the benefits of our side, in this coming war."

"Greatness..."

Irisviel looked down, momentarily melancholic.

"Are you really satisfied with the Class you were summoned in, Avenger?"

At this, Avenger looked pensive for a few seconds.

"I believe that the requirement for the Avenger class is a link between the legend of the Heroic Spirit and All the Evils in the World, the divine spirit Angra Mainyu. Even if my legend is non-existent in this times, I certainly fought a manifestation if that thing during my life. Technically, this class fits me."

In the end, wasn't a Counter Guardian an entity that reactively avenged the threats against mankind's survival born from itself? In the end, Avenger was more grateful that he was summoned to a time when he could achieve his hare-brained plan to erase himself from existence without killing a kid.

"You are too kind, Avenger," Irisviel said with a smile.

Avenger's surprised expression answered for him, having turned to face the wife of Emiya Kiritsugu. However, the white haired woman didn't elaborate, and the Servant turned back to look outside the window.

"Can you find Saber, please? Kiritsugu is going to go over our plans one last time before..."

"Of course, my lady."

Outside, Kiritsugu played with Illya in the snowy forest of the Einzbern property.

Hopefully To Be Continued Yet Again

Heaven's Zero Feel
    Time Alter Zero
    The MoS Shirou snippet is delayed again! It may be a good thing, since the events that happen there are on a different continuum.

Also, enjoy! And give me feedback, if it helps me improve, it may mean that you'll get better fics and snippets in the future!
    Last edited by lethum; May 17th, 2012 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Steel Nerves
    Distance

When Rin came back to her house after a hard day of work as a lecturer in the Clock Tower, Misaya was gone. After scrambling for a particular jewel, she checked the tracking spell she had cast on the other Japanese magus.

As expected, it had been broken. But Rin was a better magus than that. The main feature of the spell she had cast was the fact that it could be repaired if she had at least one of the two anchors it used, such as the jewel in her hand. In seconds, she was out of the door following the directions of the spell. As she hurriedly walked, she wondered what could have possessed the other woman to leave before she had been stabilized.

It had been a bizarre infliction, really. One moment Misaya would be healthy and hale if a little low on magical energy for someone with her magic circuits, and the next she would display terrible injuries coherent with being injured a concussive shock wave and by the slash of a giant claw, or the bite of a maw the size of nightmares. When that happened, it was everything she could do keep the girl alive. It never lasted more than a few seconds, but in those moments, her life was seriously in danger.

It also hadn't happened even once in the last week, and every time it happened again it had lasted a little shorter. Rin had privately theorized that it had been the result of her barely surviving death by time magic of some sort. When her tracking spell lead her in the direction of a somewhat big courtyard inside the Clock Tower's holdings Rin broke into a run.

Turning around a corner, she finally arrived, and froze at who she saw.

Emiya Shirou. The man who had killed her sister.

The myriad of emotions evoked by that person was enough to force the young magus to steel herself. Even if she wanted to kill, punch, kick, cut and hurt in in anyway didn't mean that she didn't also want to hug him, to hold him and drag him to bed and never leave again. He had killed her sister, to save her from doing the deed herself. Every hostile feeling she felt against him, only made her feel both guiltier and more thankful, because it was almost her who had killed Sakura.

However, Rin was a magus. Whatever her feelings were, her lapse in concentration didn't last for long. And that's when she noticed that Shirou was talking with her rival Luviagelita Edelfelt, with Misaya deferentially staying a few feet behind him. A small pack of powerful looking dogs, canines that must have been familiars to be allowed into the building, sat obediently beside her.

What could Shirou possibly want from Luvia? When had Misaya met with him? What was their relationship? These and many other questions ran through Rin's mind as she looked at the small gathering from afar. From what she could gather, Luvia was pointedly asking questions while Shirou calmly answered them, shooting down whatever complaints the blonde implied or outright stated with her questions.

When Luvia was done with her questions, Shirou took out a piece of paper and gave it to the magus with a few words. Even without reinforcing her eyes, Rin could recognize the surprisingly accurate drawing of Rule Breaker, Caster Medea's Noble Phantasm. Rin's plans to stay on the sidelines and watch went out the window. Rule Breaker... after Sakura had begun going on killing sprees and Medea stole Saber from him using that cursed dagger, Shirou had become obsessed with it. Now, several years later, he was having a private meeting about it with someone who's greatest call to fame was being, along with her, an apprentice of the Wizard Marshal Zeltrech.

Making her way to them with ground eating strides, Rin emotionally prepared herself for the discussion that would inevitably come.

"Tohsaka? What are you doing here?" Asked Luvia. As she always did when talking to Rin, she sounded like she was speaking to a monkey wearing a turd hat.

If Rin wasn't so focused on Shirou, she'd have reflexively responded to the insult in the blonde's attitude with her own, but as things were she barely even noticed that Luvia was still there. Planting herself in front of the Japanese man, she stared at him with a frown on her face. He stared back with a blank face, giving no more information that he was giving away no other information.

"Shirou." Rin screwed up. She'd meant to call him Emiya-kun and keep him at arms length, not use her first name.

"Rin," Shirou said. He still was as inscrutable now as he was before he spoke. Where has the choice to kill his heart and pursue his ideal without regrets taken him?

"You left Misaya at my place, a month ago."

"I was busy, and you could be trusted with taking care of her."

"How did she end up like that? What happened?" Rin asked, her attachment to Misaya and the bonds to the man in front of her she had never managed to cut adding emotion to her voice.

"She was bait. When she survived, she couldn't be there when I collected. It would just waste her sacrifice to let the spoils go to waste, so she had to be somewhere safe." His voice was cold, and Rin was sure her face had gone red in anger, but she held back and tried to reign in her temper. After a second, she remembered what Shirou had said before going alone to the top of mount Enzou to finally defeat Caster, her own injuries preventing Rin from going with him.

'I'm just bait, Rin. Victory doesn't rely on me defeating a Servant.'

What plan he had, and how well executed it had been was still a mystery to her, even if she had suspicions. What good would it make to berate him? With a Reality Marble, he was so removed from the common sense of humanity that she might as well be arguing with a tree, for all the good it'd do her. However, he may still respond to logical analysis of plans, Rin decided. But to attack that way meant that she needed more information on the situation. She wasn't just fishing for information on what had happened to Misaya.

"And what kind of spoils," Rin spat the word, "was worth risking her? I assume that you like her, or you wouldn't let her follow you."

Before Shirou answered however, Misaya's voice cut through the cold air. "He didn't let me follow. He said no when I asked, so I just went to the same places he went to, at the same time. Until he saw that I was useful."

Rin and Luvia both were looking at Misaya greatly surprised. Misaya was a magus. Even if she knew that the people she met during her stay in the Clock Tower probably had more money, prestige or talent that her, she spoke to everyone with the same biting words, polite yet always carrying an undeniable undertone of competitive aggressiveness. For a person like that to be so submissive, just how sane was Misaya? And what had happened between her and Shirou to make her focus on him?

"I managed to receive training for Unlimited Blade Works," Shirou said, bringing Rin's attention back to him. If he was training his Reality Marble, then he was beest off just experimenting by himself, no human had anything like-

"You went to one of the-" Dead Apostole Ancestors? Rin asked incredulous.

"Eclipse," was all that Shirou said. And it was enough for Rin to hear in her mind the unspoken name, Eclipse Princess of Black Blood, and that explained what had happened. Altrouge Brunestud was a mysterious and mercurial creature. Shirou would be probably destroyed in a straight fight against her, but she could be amenable to a challenge with something like a short time of intensive training as a price for the challenger. But, what would she gain if she won? Rin asked out loud.

"Me. For ten centuries or until I become one of the twenty seven by myself, provided that it had been at least two centuries."

"You idiot!" Rin yelled. If he had lost, then Altrouge's faction, even the dead and the simple vampires in their service would essentially gain an unlimited number of Noble Phantasms to bolster their power. She bet that the idiot hadn't even considered it. He'd probably just expected to follow the girl for a few centuries while taking in the least required amount of blood.

Her arm went back to gather momentum for a slap, when a hand grabbed her wrist.

"That's enough, Tohsaka. I have business with Mr. Emiya, and I didn't come here to hear your whining!" Rin glared furiously at Luvia for several tense seconds, before shaking her arm free and walking away. Before she left the courtyard however, she stole a look back at Misaya.

The mage with the dog familiars was looking at her with an impassive face, but with bright eyes that spoke of hidden amusement at her reaction.

Now blushing, she left even faster, with her mind filled with decidedly indecent happenings between her and Misaya... and Shirou and Misaya and...
    Seize your dream, young one

Next

Think of this as following a route with a distinct Mind of Steel flavor. I don't know how well it turned out, but, here you go.

Leave a comment, just remember to be honest and constructive!
    Last edited by lethum; May 17th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Daaamn, lethum, this has so much potential. I really want to see more of that continuity.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm. I really liked it to be honest. When I noticed that it was Shirou killed Sakura I could see quickly that it came from the MoSShirou. Adding in Misaya was a nice touch and hearing about Altrouge helping out Shirou... was a surprise to me. Hope you keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries
    ARRGh. I NEED CONTEXT MAN.

MORE CONTEXT.

*claws at lethum until he provides more*

Which is to say... interesting. I can't judge further til I see more of this.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    ARRGh. I NEED CONTEXT MAN.
    MORE CONTEXT.
    *claws at lethum until he provides more*
    Which is to say... interesting. I can't judge further til I see more of this.
    I don't know, I think I grasped the context rather well...from what I understood, this is post-MoS, Shirou is visiting the Clock Tower to speak with Luvia about something, Misaya in tow and wanting to support him, and he reveals that he had gone to Altrouge for training.
    ...I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from it...
    F/GO SUPPORT