Name:  April1.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  21.0 KB

Kimon no Kazu
    Time: 8:03 – Morning
    Day: April 1st

‘Tis all but a dream...

“!!!?”

My eyes shot open, and once again, I heard the slow hum of the aeroplane’s engines. From the window on my right side, sun shot inside like an unwanted guest, and even if I had wanted to sleep some more, it was impossible due to the light. Whether it was sun or something else that had woken me up, I don’t know. Nevertheless, what I knew was that I had seen pretty interesting dream. In it I had been in........no, can’t remember, but I certainly had met someone. Someone who called himself.....

“....Rats. I can’t remember.”

As always, the fragments of dream escaped quickly, and soon I could barely remember the feeling that dream had left me. Something akin to.......anticipation? Slight dread? It was a strange feeling, one which I couldn’t really make out. In any case, as I could not remember that dream, it couldn’t be anything too important. I pushed it out of my mind, and directed my gaze over to the small screen and the big chair in front of it. When we had gotten to the air from the airport in Rio de Janeiro, that leather chair had been empty, but right now, a woman sat there. A woman with purple beret, purple jacket and white, long skirt. She had dark skin and blue eyes, along with blonde hair. And right now, as she continued to watch over us, she had a strange smirk on her face.

-------- I’m not sure whether I like this woman or not. She seems nice enough but that also the kind to use you as she wishes if the need arises.

In any case, it seems that I hadn’t been the only one to catch 40 winks. Around me, people were still snoring in their seats or just waking up. Well, the journey from Japan to Brazil had been tiring for me, and I could guess there were people here with even longer journey behind them, so it wasn’t surprising. However, that woman sitting in that chair sight of us waking up as a sign of some sort, as she stood up, clapping her hands in a way that it made loud noise, definitely waking up anyone who would have been sleeping at this point.

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” she announced loudly, catching everybody’s attention. After she had made sure all the eyes were on her, the woman continued. “Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

Nevelie Joy laughed strangely and loudly. After calming down, she continued.

“Well, I could go on long talk about what OLYMPUS is, but I’m sure you all have read those brochures given to you many times over on your trip to Brazil. In any case, before I start my boring lecture as we make our landing, I think there’s something you all want to see.”

And with that, she pressed a button in the small remote that she held in her right hand, and pointed it at the screen behind her.

Immediately, the screen became alive, and showed us a picture of.......

A picture of what truly was a city amongst the clouds. Suspended high in the air, a complex fortress that was also called the “Academy City”. It spread out bigger than I actually had even imagined, and right there, in the blue sky, it was nothing I had expected. Instead of a wobbly looking thing that barely was able to stay in air, the city actually looked more stable than most cities down on the earth. It stood there in the air, proud and unwavering, as a miracle of engineering. It truly was a city in the sky. Silver glint hidden from the eyes of the normal humans, but which was the forerunner when it came to the society of magical beings. The miracle of the 2020.................OLYMPUS.

Eden in the Sky.

“Now ain’t that something......?” I muttered, glancing from the window on my right side. Because from there, I could see the place clearly too. We were approaching quickly, and soon we too would be walking on the streets of that city.

As the new students, and new residents, of OLYMPUS.

Hakan Strikr

"...Rats. I can’t remember.” My thoughts have been interrupted, yet again. Though this time, it's by someone other than myself. The man sitting across the aisle from me has apparently awoken from a dream. Long blonde hair, striking blue eyes...and a non human. Like myself.

There really is nothing to indicate that he isn't a human, but call it an old mans intuition. This boy isn't like myself, but he's like a select few on this plane. Born with the curse of tainted blood. If I were a few hundred years younger, I may ask him his story. But the old man in me has truly come out as of late.

That is ironic though, seeing as how I appear younger than ever. When I was approached for this school, I nearly lost my composure. An old man like myself mingling with such young people? Well, the idea was intruiging so I accepted, but it wasn't until I returned home that I understood why she had approached me.

My beard was nonexistant, my skin smooth, my hair light, and I seemed to have grown slightly since the last time I checked. To put it simply, I was in my youth again. This isn't very surprising to me though, as I was sure my artificial blood supply would have some side affects. I suppose this is simply one of them.

Another one, though, seem to be a dependance on it. Even now I can feel a slight itch throughout my body. An urge to drink what I had once though of as filth. More than likely though, it simply had to due with it being the day and me being in direct contact with the sun, a rarity in and of itself.

Well, I suppose I shall attempt to sleep, seeing as how my thoughts are constantly interrupted. Though it might be a tad hard with this light, I think I am low enough on energy that a slight reprise isn't out of the question.

CLAP! Before I could even catch one of fourty winks, a loud noise stirred me from my attempted slumber. Blonde hair and blue eyes, much like the person sitting across from me. Though this was a woman, and she had much darker skin. A purple jacket and beret were her clothing choices today, along with a shite skirt, and a loud annoying voice.

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” she seemingly screamed, gathering our collected attention.Once she was sure we wouldn't look at anything other than her, she continued. “Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

This Joy girl's laugh is surely the work of the most evil creatures ever spawned. Thankfully she calmed down, but not fast enough. “Well, I could go on long talk about what OLYMPUS is, but I’m sure you all have read those brochures given to you many times over on your trip to Brazil. In any case, before I start my boring lecture as we make our landing, I think there’s something you all want to see.”

It was then that I noticed the screen behind her, and the remote in her hand. She pressed a button on the remote, and the screen flashed a picture of what I assume to be our destination. A city in the sky, OLYMPUS, the miracle of 2020. Stable, magnificent, and hiding several secrets just waiting for me to find. I believe this will be my most active year yet.

“Now ain’t that something......?” I heard the boy beside me mutter. Yes, it is something....but we shall have to wait to find out what. From the towers of what I assume are dorms, and from the sparkling city in the center, I truly yearn to know what forces drive this city. And, thankfully, I have my chance. For I am one of many new residents, new students, of OLYMPUS.
    Last edited by Hyarion; March 19th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.

Time: 8:00 – Morning

zzz

Around me is complete darkness. Around me is complete silence. Surrounding me is a heavy nothingness. Is this just a dream? Or is it a memory? Or is it both? That was impossible to answer.

zzz

Zero

The woman's clap was what woke me. As was usual for me I immediately snapped instantly alert, waking instantly and fully. I couldn't believe I had fallen asleep at all. Almost guiltily I checked my surroundings. I hadn't intended to nod off you see, this had seemed such a great opportunity to examine my fellow passengers. It wasn't because I was suspicious of them, though I was, It had been mere my curiosity and a good opportunity, two things which I rarely ignored.

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” she announced loudly, catching everybody’s attention. After she had made sure all the eyes were on her, the woman continued. “Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

I perked up a little. the whole thing struck me as a touch.....forced. Really such announcements bored me, but i found myself eying this dark skinned girl askance. The mages of taima had raised the concept of secrecy to an art form, both in concealing one's own abilities and ferreting out those of others. This girl came across as awkward and nervous, but a cocky tilt to her head, a slightly to obviously tense pose, made me wonder if it was all an act.

Well, you never really knew until you got to know someone though, first impressions, popular myth to the contrary, were often less informative then one might hope. I listened with half an ear as she went through her spiel, more interested in her body language then anything she said, but even I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful vista she unveiled. the school in the clouds. it seemed like a fantasy, a dream even.

Hmmm.....a dream...something stirred in the back of my mind....but dreams...well, they were something unfamiliar to me, much to my regret, I rarely dreamed. But it felt like I had this time, I couldn't remember of what though.

It took me a moment to shrug off my feeling of unease, but a distraction was provided wonderfully as I could already look forward to exploring this great place called Olympus, but there was also opportunity that had less to do with my school and much to do with my school mates. I reluctantly tore my eyes away from the oncoming academy and instead took the chance to watch my closest companion's reactions. I didn't expect to learn anything really, even to one such as myself, nobody deserving of their plane ticket gave their secrets easily.....I just....wanted to look at them. See which ones were amazed, which were thrilled, which were bored, which hadn't shaken the sleep from their eyes yet.

"interesting people...." I muttered to myself appreciatively.

"I think I may be the most boring person here......that's wonderful....."

My fellow passengers made an amusingly motley crew indeed. Well, I had known of this of course, but its one thing to hear you will be seeing such strange creatures and quite another to check your bags with such. I had loved it though, I looked forward to more such interesting encounters when we landed.

Katsuhiro Asakami

It has been a few months since the clan decided that I should partake in the upcoming Holy Grail War in OLYMPUS. This is going to be a tough test in order to solidify my position as the new heir, and yet... I can't help but feel that there is going to be more to it than just becoming the new head of the Asakami clan. By checking specks of information and sources about the Holy Grail War, it is rife with strong human conflict for the men and women involved in order to gain that why may fulfill their biggest desire. However, there's always a cost when it comes to achieve power.

My own wish is different; perhaps it isn't as grand as some the others have, but for me it is something worth giving my best efforts, maybe more. By taking this affair one step at a time, I'll be able to grasp the significance of such an event, become prepared for anything that comes across and take necessary steps to achieve my goal. I may not lose focus on the big picture, but I won't let it get to me easily. The moment I lose composure and give in to the pressure is the moment that it becomes an uphill battle just to stay in the game, survival becomes paramount and winning becomes harder to achieve.

I look around the interior of the airplane and while I give a passing gaze to the new students, I noticed two particular people: The first one is a young purple-haired girl with transparent pupils on her eyes; I quickly assume she may be the newest heir of the Fujou clan. The second one is a brown-haired man around my age who looks a little cheery; however, if he is who I believe he is, his other 'self' may have his tongue as sharp as a blade. I began wondering if both would be reasonable enough to at least listen to my own desire as time went by in OLYMPUS when I start hearing a shrill, excited voice...

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” she seemingly screamed, gathering our collected attention.Once she was sure we wouldn't look at anything other than her, she continued. “Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

One would certainly think that someone as excitable as Nevelie-san isn't an individual who belongs in such a job like an alchemist, but looks can be decieving. Another piece of information that my clan gathered is that perhaps the teachers have something more than it meets the eye, as though they have hidden talents that make them different from other people.

I suppose this won't be a boring school period as I prepare myself for my 2nd year in OLYMPUS. What kinds of people will I meet there?

When our heart flies Towards Heaven,

Time stands still.

It does not interfere.

Firo Prochainezo

The dream had changed. From something alien to something wholly familiar. From an man, with a seeming penchant for long-winded lectures, to a vision of warning that echoed across his very being. The setting may have been different, but this vision was familiar as all the others he had seen.

There was none alive on this white, desolate wasteland.

Why would there be? After all he...!

"...and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

And so, Firo Prochainezo was shaken out of his sleep by the voice of the strange woman. And her laugh succeeded where in most alarm clocks failed. The chilling laughter drove away any vestiges of sleep that may have been left behind. Hmmm... perhaps recording this conversation is in order? He could use a new alarm for his phone. No. He really had no need for more headaches at this point. Better not to open that can of worms.

Giving a final tentative loud yawn, more for show then anything else, he ran a cursory glance over the people surrounding him. Seems that Atlas has pulled quite the crowd here. A number of prominent magi, both from Estray and the Tower, members of the Church, the remarkably distinct figures of the Einzbern and a couple of girls he could swear are the Seers of the Fujou clan. And if they were here, the others clans would be quick to follow. And...

He let loose a chuckle as he saw a familiar jacket and the bright yellow mane. Half-Demons and Demon Hunters on the same plane? Oh, his intuition was right about this one. OLYMPUS was going to be absolutely hilarious.

Adjusting his dark green suit and hat, he turned his attention back to the woman from Atlas. She had chosen to forego talking (perhaps for the best) and was showing a video of OLYMPUS, the City in the Clouds. A marvel of magical engineering and probably the most majestic and greatest thing to come out of Atlas during the past 300 years. A city of Magecraft and probably one of the last places in the world where the supernatural was common and present in everything.

“Now ain’t that something......?”

A little voice in the back of his head made itself stand out from all the background noise that he ignored. He gave a devious smirk as an idea came to him. Perhaps a blast from the past is in order?

He grabbed a white sheet of paper from the seat pocket. Considering the half-used box of crayons that were next to it, they were probably meant for some child from a previous flight. Luckily, he didnt have to use those as he pulled out a pen from his pocket. Writing by hand had a certain charm to it, after all. Finishing with his work, he swiftly folded the paper into a rudimentary, but extremely well made, paper aircraft.

Good. He was looking out of the window and being too over-dramatic as usual.

The paper airplane flew, swiftly and surely, and hit Kazu on the back of his head as he was gazing out of the plane window.

"Now...lets see what forbidden fruits the Eden in the Sky has to offer."

Oh yes. This was definitely going to be interesting.

Kimon no Kazu

"What the.....??"

I felt something hard hit the back of my head, and immediately grabbed whatever it was. You could never be too sure, and some idiots might even get ideas of attacking the members of faction they didn't like in the plane. However, it was not attack. Sure, the thing that had hit me had come from an idiot, but this was a different kind of idiot.

Just a normal idiot.

The paperplane was easily recognizable. I had had more than my share of these few years back. With a frown on my face, I opened up the plane, and stared at the contents of the "letter". It went followingly:

"Why, yes. It is quite spectacular, isnt it, my gruff, sarcastic and depressingly morbid friend. Do take care not to go over the rails. I hear its quite a fall down back to earth. And really, the whole introspective and deep look is not for you."

Firo

Crunch! I crushed the paper in my hand, and turned my head to the direction where it had come from.

Unsurprisingly, it seems that I had quite expression on my face, as the people who got caught between me and my target jerked back, most surprised by the sudden glare. I couldn't help it, really. This was the face I was born with, and it wasn't the most friendly-looking. They even said it was "Yakuza-esque". Well, if it had worked on idiots like the person I had finally gotten into my eyes, I had been somewhat glad. But even now he was waving at me with a smirk on his face.

That bastard Firo......what is he doing here?? No, first of all, why is he acting like this was some kind of school trip to Kyoto, throwing me with paperplane-messages??

I heave a sigh, turn around, take a pen from my pocket and scribble my message to the backside of the paper Firo had used. It was short and sweet.

"Stop acting like you were in a middle-school."

Then, I crushed the paper into a tight ball and flicked it towards Firo with my index-finger and thumb. Thanks to the speed, it was more like a projectile, and it was aimed straight to that grinning idiot's forehead.

Serves you right. I let a evil smile spread on my face. Even though it was paper, it would certainly sting a bit.

Zero
    Time: 8:04 – Morning

My reverie was interrupted when something small flitted by my ear. Instinctively I jerked my head back and out of the way. Of course, the sound and speed of it was all wrong to be a knife, but you never really know, and it never hurts to be properly cautious. As it passed by my shoulder I saw it thunk off the head off some lout sitting a bit ahead of me.

Naturally he turned to glare at the perpetrator. stern features, an over bearing attitude, a real tough guy it seemed. Well, at least, would of been if not for the childish prank, it made it hard to be impressed. I heard a few sniggers around me, quickly hushed by the glare of the white haired man. Quickly he scribbled out a reply behind his chair, I shifted forward unobtrusively to see if I could read the note, but no such luck. things improved though, when he turned back and was clearly planning to return fire. He flicked it in a straight line right back at his "assailant" but my curiosity got the better of me, I managed to get a hand in front of the wad of paper and intercepted it, though it stung more then I expected as it bounced off my wrist, and I had to react quickly to keep it from bouncing away

"Why, yes. It is quite spectacular, isnt it, my gruff, sarcastic and depressingly morbid friend. Do take care not to go over the rails. I hear its quite a fall down back to earth. And really, the whole introspective and deep look is not for you."

Firo

That was how it began, Firo obviously the first clown.

"Stop acting like you were in a middle-school."

The second hadn't signed it, a pity.

I read through the quick back and forth, memorized the name of the first one, then folded the rumpled paper and stuffed it into my pocket. Of course.....I had drawn some attention, both from the two jokers and a few around me who had watched the interplay.

"Kids shouldn't play on the plane" I said with a grin.

Hakan Strikr

I could hear a slight whistling sound as a small white ball hit my friend from across the aisle. It seems another young man has met him before. That or is just being childish. Juding by the blonde mans expression, it was indeed someone he had met before. I looked back and was greeted, about two rwos behind and on the aisle across, by a brown eyed boy. He couldn't even be as old as the one next to me, but here they were joking around.

I noticed that my "aquaintance" has scribbled something on the parchment and quickly hit it back. It was fairly short, so I could only imagine what it was. Most likely a curse word of some sort. The thought alone made me chuckle, but that was interrupted by a thwack sound. The boy between them caught it and said with a slight smirk "Kids shouldn't play on the plane."

Kids? Oh, this one sure is confident of himself. Brown haired and blue eyed, he couldn't have been any older than 16, and he wants to talk about kids? "Oh, let them have their fun." I was surprised at my voice, it was much higher than I remember it being. I so will miss that gruff sound I had grown to love.

Drake Walker
    Time: 8:03 - Morning
    April 1st

-"Shaddup. Some people here are trying to reserve their strengths."

Saying that, I closed his eyes again. What the hell had that thing been just now? A person named... Uh, like some musician, said that he adressed me and said something about...

'Tis all but a dream...

Yeah, that. Wait. It was getting weirder than I thought. I speed read through the brochure, took out my Nintendo DS, played a few games before getting bored and then... I fell asleep? By some odd reason, I did not seem to recall anything. Plus, that Atlasian woman had already stopped me from sleeping, so I thought the most sensible option would be waking up.

My body felt heavier than I thought, and my mind seemed to be under the weight of a deep slumber. Yes, this was the result of neglecting my physical and mental training over the last year out of depression. When I attempted to get back into shape, I found out I only had a few days before the plane departed towards OLYMPUS, the flying academy.

Why I am I going there? Well, they say you are never too old to learn anything, right? That may not be my reason, but it's an useful lie.

I took a peek from the window. Just clouds, clouds, and more clouds. After five seconds of watching, I got bored and decided to look at my surroundings. It was kind of strange, but there had been no clashes among factions. Usually, if you gathered Atlasian and Prahaian Alchemists, youd' hear nothing but insults. Usually, if you put together a Dead Apostle and members from the Church, the place ends up getting blasted. However, apart from the dense smell of many supernatural beings and magi gathered together, nothing else could be felt except some hostility.

As I was kinda bored, I took another peek from the window, and then...

OLYMPUS, the air academy. A flying fortress which sustained itself in the air with the help of a huge "artificial circuit" which gathers magical energy from the environment, in it's top lying a city which could be said to be the only place in the world where magi and supernaturals did not have to conceal their identities. A self-sustained community where many magi strived just to be there, even for a few months or so, and I could understand why. This was one of the greatest pieces of work to be ever achieved by magi from every single country. It was truly seeing one of the pages of history being written.

I could not allow myself to be mesmerized by such a simple thing. Then, how was I going to live there? I needed to set my mind out of those thoughts as fast as possible, so I took another glance around me.

Besides me stood a young person. As my eyes were hazy, I could not clearly distinguish him, except for he was wearing some sort of luxurious suit, he had brown eyes and hair and little else but I felt some magical energy coming from him, so he had to be a magus.

-"Hello there. What's your name?"

Matthias Gummer
    Time: 8:00 – Morning

"What a bother..."
    I sighted as I left the plane's toilet. I was hoping to sleep till we land but must have awake earlier. And now I don't feel sleepy at all. Guess there's nothing left for me besides staring through the window. Not that I don't like the view. Seeing the fluffy clouds and the blue sky from so close was quite fascinating, especially for a person who used to lay on grass and stare at it until he fall asleep.

As I made my way back to the seat I looked at the people sitting next to me. Young Lady was still sleeping soundly. Poor girl must have been quite tired, the idea of going on a journey with me made her quite excited. It's a shame this won't be a simple "trip" that we can enjoy. But I don't want to think about that, remembering all of those briefings at Einzbern's castle makes my head hurt. A bit further Sieg was looking at me. Similar to me he was awake by now. Since I didn't want to wake Froste up I just nodded at him and placed myself again in my seat. Just in time for some lady in purple cloths and blond hair to stood up in front of everyone and clasped her hands so loudly that everyone (including Young Lady which I simply grated with a smile) woke up.

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly! Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn't been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

Oh gods, i have heard a lot of overenthusiastic laughters but this one beats them all. Unfortunately she didn't seem to stop talking now.

“Well, I could go on long talk about what OLYMPUS is, but I'm sure you all have read those brochures given to you many times over on your trip to Brazil."

You have my gratitude on that.

" In any case, before I start my boring lecture as we make our landing, I think there's something you all want to see.”

The big screen behind the lady showed us our destination, the great miracle of alchemy, the city hidden in the sky, OLYMPUS. I had to admit that it did impressed me now that I see it up close. I took a glance at Froste and chuckled at her eyes opened wide. I knew she will react somehow like that.

"Nice view, isn't it Young Lady?"

I don't know if my words reached her. Anyway I looked back on the screen, but not smiling any more. Now our mission begins, the secrets of this place we must revel, the enemies we might face. This made me a little excited too.
    But there was something, something I forgot about, what was it? Something I dreamed about? Oh right, that what it was...

Zero

"Oh, let them have their fun."

Just as I finished placing the note in my pocket I was scolded by an older man in a.....hmm? The boy who was staring back at me didn't seem to be any older then I was, but my first glance at him had very, definitively, placed him as someone much older then myself. Curiously I eyed the young fellow. Blond hair, easy good looks, probably a devil with the ladies. Still....a note of stiff posture, an air of confidence, an older, mischievous twinkle in his eye, clearly amused at the antics of "kids?" I had been right the first time. He was a vampire. An old vampire. Could he be an ancestor?

God, I am going to love this academy

"Plenty of time for fun when we get off the plane, plenty of opportunity for it to, I would guess. Besides, think of it as a public service, your friend should face forward, he will scare the natives!"

I winked at the unassuming boy and nodded over at the gangster like kid. He had a grim expression on his face, but I was beginning to suspect that just his standard expression. It was true though, the glare from the man was obviously making a few people nervous. Another vampire? Maybe....but I rather doubted it. Didn't seem to carry himself quite right. Certainly not a magus. A vampire and....something.

Idly I found myself wondering if I had just ran into two of the more dangerous members on the flight....or....just another two faces in the crowd. well, it would be something to consider while the plane taxied in.

Fujou Rei

Have you ever had a dream that felt so real, yet you can't remember a thing about it? "Just now..." Well, that is what just happened to Fujou Rei. All that remains of it is chest pain. No, the cause of the pain is not the dream itself, but the stress she had been put through during the past few days. Her eyes remain closed, as she remembers a not so distant memory.

"This is something my team and I have never seen before. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about it."

That is what the doctor said after examining Fujou Sakura for a few days. Her condition getting worse by the second, her family got so desperate that they drove her to the nearest hospital without a second thought. But it was to be expected that there was nothing they could do about such an unknown decease. Then, they would proceed to call an expert Magus, one of the best when it comes to healing, to cure the little girl. Money was not a problem, for the Fujou family had more than enough to pay for his services. But in the end, he got to the same conclusion.

"This is something that cannot be cured through magecraft. Her body is dying and nothing can stop that. I say she has about ten months left of life, at most. One would need a miracle if..."

She remembers closing the door and leaving after hearing that. If her sister needed a miracle, then she would create one for her. It was something hard, if not impossible. But she had to keep searching for that miracle, or else she wouldn't be able to live with herself after that.

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” The flight attendand announces with a cheerful voice as she claps her hands.

With that, Rei opens her eyes and sits properly on her seat. Of course, she can't see the plane, nor the passengers that are travelling on it. That is because she is blind. Most, if not all, of the females of the Main Branch of the Fujou clan are born blind or lose their sight with the years. Rei's case is the former.

“Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

The young girl continued, ending her speech with what Rei thought was a bad joke. Aparently, the only one who did laugh at that was Nevelie herself.

“Well, I could go on long talk about what OLYMPUS is, but I’m sure you all have read those brochures given to you many times over on your trip to Brazil. In any case, before I start my boring lecture as we make our landing, I think there’s something you all want to see.”

She probably overlooked the fact that the purple haired Fujou couldn't see. Unaware of what is going on around her, Rei couldn't help but to complain out loud. "Damn, I can't see anything." That is, indeed, an invitation for someone to explain.

Viktoria von Einzbern – "Froste"

"...nngh, s'morning already?"

Froste was rudely awakened to find herself the last place she expected -- on board a plane, leaning up against her bodyguard Matthias's shoulder. A bit disoriented, she hurriedly jerked her head up and began to wipe some sleep from her eyes. A sudden thought struck her and she looked back at Matthias, who smiled at her and returned to listening to the Atlas woman -- yes, she had left a bit of drool on his jacket. Thankfully it seemed he hadn't noticed.

...She quickly decided to just listen to the -- attendant? no, teacher -- and forget about what had just happened. Before too long, the woman picked up a small device and brought an image up on the screen behind her. ...And what an image it was. Froste had seen a few pictures of modern cities in her time at the Einzbern Castle's library, but this more closely resembled a fortress suspended above the ocean.

Matthias had noticed Froste's amazement and chuckled to himself. "Nice view, isn't it Young Lady?"

Froste only nodded, only looking away from the screen to try to catch a glimpse of the city itself through Matthias's window. It was almost enough to erase that dream from her mind...

Hmm? A dream?

Yes, she knew she had had a dream that she had taken very seriously... but only scraps of it were left, and her head hurt when she tried to recall any more. A cold room, a strange voice... a foreboding feeling? Even the vague impressions she recalled were strong enough to make her shiver slightly.

Time: 8:04 - Morning
    Day: 1st April

"Hey, you guys! Sit down and stop chattering! I'm trying to hold a welcoming speech here, ya know? I don't like it either, but it's what they pay me for, so I'm gonna do it right", Nevelie Joy said loudly, while glaring at the group of Kazu, Zero, Firo and Hakan. Then, she continued.

"Well, as you can see from this live-feed, and from your right-side windows, OLYMPUS is getting closer and closer all the time. A this moment, you all must be wondering how-"

"Damn, I can't see anything."

Nevelie Joy shut her mouth and tilted her head at these words. Few seconds later, few other blind members of Fujou clan complained in similiar, manner, causing Nevelie to grin sheepishly and make an apologetic gesture........only to realize they couldn't see it either.

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it that way. Well, it's not as if you're missing anything important. It's just a oversized city floating in the sky, above the sea. Use your imagination, fuhahahahahaha!" Nevelie laughed.

Gin Ryouji
    Time: 8:05 – Morning

*Yawn* "Hmm? Morning already...?"

As I start to wake up I notice that a lady is up front, and she seems to be yelling at some of the others

"Flight attendant maybe?"

I decide to just ignore the thoughts in my mind and start looking out the window. I start to see what looks like a floating city above the clouds.

"A flying academy huh? Heh, seems like it'll be a fun time. Don't you think Ji-"

I cut myself short before I can finish. She sure as hell wouldn't care, so I don't think I need to ask her anything.

"I think I'll nap a little more...."

Drake Walker
    Time: 8:04
    April 1st

-"Huh?"

I moved my head away before the magus could answer. Perhaps someone got the wrong plane? I was going to tell the person if she couldn't see herself and then... I looked into her aimless eyes. Yeah, she reminded me of that blind guy I met once in a bus. So, in that case, perhaps she was...

The explanation had already been given, and she seemed to be calmer. I used that chance to look better at her. Sure thing, she was japanese, and unlike the guy besides me, she did not have the aura of magi. And...

If this had been one of those mangas by Katsura Hoshino, a rabbit would have shot an arrow at me.

Woah. She was just gorgeous. Do not ask why, but girls like these attract me a lot.

-"I think your question was alreday answered, but it's quite impressive. It's a huge floating city suspended above the clouds. If I recall correctly, it has an artificial circuit which prevents it from ever falling."

Fujou Rei

But there was also her wish: To see. No, to be like a normal person in all aspects. Back when she was little, Rei despised being treated differently from the rest. Even if it was in a gentle and warm way, she didn't enjoy it. Boys wouldn't bother with her because she was blind, and instead would pick on someone else. Rei recognizes it as a distortion, but, at that time, she wanted to be bullied too. And, as a result, she was jealous of all those who got to be bullied.

But she will never be able to live a normal life. Not with all the things she has yet to do. She can't just quit her job one day, cause she knows that would increase the number of victims, all because of her selfish wish. There are people who could replace her, but she is, without doubt, the best suited for the job. So she has to enforce it. Right now, she can take a break, but that's it. After this, she has to go back to work. At this rate, she will never be able to retire. Her wish and her obligations collided more than once in the life she has lived so far. And she knows which one is the path she should take.

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it that way. Well, it's not as if you're missing anything important. It's just a oversized city floating in the sky, above the sea. Use your imagination, fuhahahahahaha!"

Yes, using her imagination was something she was used to, after all. She would always ask other people for details, so she could improve the image displaying inside her head. If one could take a peek, the OLYMPUS she is picturing right now is something close to a big island, with crystal like skyscrapers, surrounded by a transparent bounded field. Something you could only see in fiction. Yet, she lives in a world of fiction, so there is nothing wrong with her hypothetical OLYMPUS. Still, not being able to see the real thing, annoys Rei somewhat.

Ignoring most of what was happening aboard, she sits in a slightly more comfortable position and patiently waits for the plane to arrive to its destination. But she is suddenly interrupted by an unknown passenger.

"I think your question was already answered, but it's quite impressive. It's a huge floating city suspended above the clouds. If I recall correctly, it has an artificial circuit which prevents it from ever falling."

For some reason, she feels this man is way older than her. She doesn't have any proof, and his voice actually sounds like one of a teenager. I guess you could call it woman intuition. Nevertheless, Rei faces his way and listens to his words. To that, her OLYMPUS image changes a little bit: Below the island there is now a huge artifact. That would be the "artificial circuit" the boy was talking about. His explanation was rather short, but useful in the end.

"Thank you, that helped me out. I'm Fujou Rei, pleased to meet you." She introduces herself elegantly and with composure. After all, that is the way she was taught to act like. "And you are...?" She clearly doesn't mind if someone overhears their conversation as she states this with a voice that could be perfectly heard.

Drake Walker
    Time: 8:05
    April 1st

It felt such a waste. Our senses are pretty much blunt already, and even when Reinforced their scope is very limited in comparison to most of living beings. I couldn't imagine how would it be to live on without seeing, most likely because my eyesight is actually quite good. Plus, she was as polite as in the animes I had watched some years ago. I think that woman, and forgive me for making such a blunt joke, hit my blind spot.

-"It's nothing! My complete name is Drake Walker. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Rei. I'd like to talk a little more but..."

Suddenly, my mind stops. She cannot see anything. Well, perhaps I could still wait a little more before engaging the man besides him in a conversation.

-"Well, here there's a whole crowd of "young" girls and boys. -I said, while looking at her eyes- The woman who talked just now has brown skin, and she's wearing a... Purple beret? Heck, just what are those alchemists thinking? Well, whatever, I'll talk to you later! It'd be rude of me if I didn't talk to the person I directed myself to first!"

Stanistaw Król

The sound of loud clapping abruptly awakens me from my sleep. I half-open one of my eyes so as to see what all the noise is for, but I think about the dream that I had. What was it again? I remember something about...

“Okay, good morning, everybody! Time to wake up, for we are about to land in OLYMPUS shortly!” she announced loudly, catching everybody’s attention.

Thus just as my sleep was interrupted, so too was my train of thought. Whatever wisps of memory I had of that dream have disappeared. I now completely open both my eyes, looking up to see what this woman had woken me, and apparently everyone else, up for.

After she had made sure all the eyes were on her, the woman continued. “Allow me to introduce myself: I am Nevelie Joy, assistant to the Atlasia and teacher of Modern Alchemy in Athena Academy. Nice to meet you all, and it certainly is good to see so many new faces today. This plane hasn’t been this full since.........well, the April of last year, fuhahahahahaha!”

If anyone was still sleeping after the clapping, they certainly would be awake by now. Strange, I’d have thought a teacher from the Academy would be used to greeting new students, but whatever...

The screen behind her lit up and I saw an image of my destination, the city in the sky, OLYMPUS. Impressive, even if magic was used to help create it. I turn my head towards the window and see the actual OLYMPUS, in all its splendour...yeah got to admit, it’s impressive.

"Hey, you guys! Sit down and stop chattering! I'm trying to hold a welcoming speech here, ya know? I don't like it either, but it's what they pay me for, so I'm gonna do it right"

I sigh as I hear the teacher reprimand a group of students. The school year hasn’t even started and people are already causing trouble...