Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: NAHTCUW's Drabble Dump

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar

NAHTCUW's Drabble Dump

Well, here we go, I have my own thread now. This is where my incomplete ideas go to die get written. let's start with something kinda long.

Shirou at the Clock Tower:
    Part 1(look down), Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6.

Assassin's Creed Himuro:
    Part 1, Part 2

YANDERE Saber Lily:
    Part 1

Enkidu Raising Shirou, and Gilgamesh feeling bad about himself:
    Part 1

Ayako having some weird stuff going on:
    Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

Ayako in Taiga Dojo
    Part 1

Rin meets someone in Russia, in the middle of winter (Ten years post MoS)
    Part 1

Memories of a simpler time (Related to the directly above, ten year MoS thing)
    Part 1

Zouken Being Zouken, Celes Being Summoned
    Part 1

The Queen’s new toy
    Written by: Nachos/NT/nightcow/NAHTCUW

X=X=X=X=X

It was raining in London.

It was raining, but Pascal Lebreaux had no time to care. He had finally found his ticket to reentry, his way of becoming one of the esteemed mages of the Clock Tower. And with that title, all of the funds and resources he needed to complete his research.

He kept walking through the rain, his bulky suitcase in hand, until he was finally in front of the bulky doors of the tower. He hesitated a moment, unsure if the bounded fields would recognize him or reject him.

He took a deep breath, and opened the large wooden doors. Inside, it was exactly as he remembered. People walked by, uncaring as to who he was, and they did not carry themselves in cliques, but rather seemed to all walk on their own untrustingly. It was a typical magus environment, where one would be a fool to trust others.

It was just like home.

He walked over to the information desk and looked at the young man sitting behind it, reading some thaumaturgical textbook. He stood there for a moment, waiting for the youngster to address him properly, until he got impatient and brought his hand down on the desk loudly to get his attention.

“How can I help you, sir?” The young man said phlegmatically, not even deigning Pascal important enough to look up from his book.

“I need to speak to the king of the association.” Pascal said, barely containing his anger. Whelps who didn’t know their places could wait.

“The queen, you mean?” The young man said, flipping a page of his book.

“What?”

“The queen, Lorelei Barthomeloi.” The young man finally closed his book and looked at the wet traveler, an inquisitive look on his face. “Where have you been these last five years?”

“Busy.” He hissed, the young man’s attitude and the cold irritating him beyond measure. “Just tell me where I need to go to meet her. It’s important.”

“Right now she’d be in the vice director’s office.” The young man said, then he shrugged and returned to his book.

“About time you told me.” Pascal said, before walking off with his large suitcase in hand.

He walked through the Clock Tower, the intricate design already familiar to him, for what felt like an hour. It was all so familiar, so normal, that he almost entered the library without thinking. But he had to restrain himself, because he was not reinstated yet. He was not forgiven yet.

Patience was a virtue here.

He finally reached the vice-director’s office, and knocked on the door uncertainly.

“Come inside.” A stern voice answered, and Pascal followed its order.

Inside the room was an office of a modest size. There were bookshelves on the right side of the room, and on the left was a collection of trophies obtained from what looked like mystical beasts or in some cases, vampires.

At the end of the room was a large work desk, with a woman in her twenties sitting behind it. She had brown hair in a ponytail, and sharp eyes of the same color. She was wearing a simple white blouse with a red bow. She looked young, almost too young for the room she was in.

Pascal was not fooled though. He knew the Barthomeloi did not allow their children to leave the manor without being perfectly trained. The mere fact she was already the queen was reason enough to not question her age.

“What brings you here?” She asked sternly, her eyes fixating on his. He averted his gaze slightly, and took a deep bow.

“My name is Pascal Lebreaux, lady Barthomeloi.” He said carefully, taking the most respectful tone he could conjure. “Many years ago, I was accused of crimes I may not have committed. However, I believe I have found something of worth to the Clock Tower which may excuse me of those charges.”

He kept looking at the floor, keeping his head down, but sighed inwardly. He wasn’t dead yet, and that was a start at the very least. He must have piqued her interest.

“Well? What is it you deem to be of worth?” She said irritably, and Pascal immediately took the hint.

“Perhaps some context is in order, Lady Barthomeloi. I went to japan to find the Magus Killer, Emiya Kiritsugu. However, he was already deceased when I arrived. Instead, I found his son.”

“His heir?” She asked, mild surprise apparent in her voice. “Did you retrieve his familial crest?”

“No, I apologize. It seems his son does not possess the family crest at all. However, he did possess an odd assortment of items.” Pascal said, slightly raising himself from his bow. “If I may show you?”

“Proceed.” She allowed, her face surprisingly unchanged from when he had glimpsed it when he entered the room. Her eyes stared into his once more, and he quickly rummaged through the side-pockets of his luggage and pulled out what looked like a simple pipe.

“This is a product of his projection, Lady Barthomeloi.” He said, advancing and placing it down on the desk, all while keeping his eyes down away from hers. She outstretched her arm and picked it up, and for the first time since Pascal had entered the room expressed recognizable emotion.

Surprise.

To be fair, his own reaction had been a lot less dignified when he entered the shed in the Emiya yard. All of the boy’s projections were barely one step away from the denial of nothingness. For the Barthomeloi, who respected the holder of the first more than anyone, he suspected this to be a huge prize.

“The Magus Killer’s son. Where is he?” She asked sternly, anger apparent in her voice.

“I took him with me.” Pascal said, suddenly nervous. He made his way to his luggage and set it down on the floor horizontally. He unzipped it, muttered a few words in French, and opened it. Inside was a boy of twelve years with fiery hair, who was sleeping under the effect of the magic Pascal had cast on him. “He was the thing of worth I spoke of.”

Lorelei ignored him, and got up from her seat to properly view inside the suitcase. She circled around her desk and stared at the boy intently, almost as if she expected him to spring to life. Pascal made sure to stay a few steps away and keep his head bowed, just to ensure that he didn’t accidentally incur her wrath.

But he was no longer the object of her attention. She probably did not even realize he was still in the room.

Because she actually lowered herself in front of him. Not at him, but to put her hand down on the boy’s head, she put herself below him.

He kept his calm. Whatever was going on, it must be aiding his odds. He wasn’t dead yet, after all. After a moment where it was clear she was scanning something in the boy, she got up again.

“What was the crime you were accused of?” Lorelei asked Pascal, and inwardly he rejoiced.

“I was accused of taking too many funds for my research, above the allowed limit.” He said calmly, keeping his head lowered and his tone polite.

“You were thrown out of the Clock Tower for something as minor as that?” She asked, and he realized he may have to tell her the full truth.

“I… may have done it many times, Lady Barthomeloi. I was young and considered myself above such rules and regulations. It will not happen again.”

“Indeed.” She simply said, and she moved back to her desk to obtain the necessary paperwork. “Had you come back with anything else, you would not receive this chance. However, keep in mind it is only one chance. One step out of line, and you shall not be simply thrown out again.”

“Thank you, Lady Barthomeloi. I shall not disappoint you.” He said, his voice incapable of hiding its joy.

X=X=X=X=X

He had left, leaving the boy behind at her order. He was now lying down on a bench, which was on the same side of the room as the door, opposite to where she was sitting.

He was only a step away from the first magic. One huge, impossible to cross step, but he was there, and at such a young age.

She was Barthomeloi. The Barthomeloi always respected the owner of the first before anyone else. While he did not possess the first, he was too close to ignore. He had to be properly raised, properly instructed to become a magus of acceptable caliber.

Just as she resolved to do it herself if necessary the boy stirred and his eyes half-opened. He gently pushed himself into a sitting position, and looked around. She would have normally taken offence to not being noticed, but she allowed this just this once.

Eventually, his eyes settled on her. He started talking, but she couldn’t understand his language. She quickly said a few words, and waved her hand, and he became understandable. Rather, he should have had he not stopped talking at the motion. It was her turn to start talking, it seemed.

“Boy, your father has died.” She stated, and the boy looked surprised. Taking that as an opening, she continued. “You have potential with your magic, however.”

“I... I do?” He asked, obviously surprised. It seemed he actually had no idea of how close he was to true magic.

“Yes, but you will need guidance. Guidance I can, and will, give you.” Lorelei stated, and the boy’s look of surprise turned into concern.

“That other person… did you make him get me?” he said with slight fear in his voice.

“No, I did not. If he mistreated you in any way, I will see that he is punished.” She stated, and the boy relaxed slightly. “But for now, that is unimportant. I will prepare sleeping arrangements for you, and tomorrow I will start properly teaching you thaumaturgy. It seems the way you have been doing it is… flawed.”

“Do… Do I have a choice?” The boy asked, more to ask the question itself than to refuse the training.

“If it is something you abhor, then you are not forced to do so. If you refuse, your memories will be tampered and we will return you to your home. You can live your life peacefully there, without knowledge of magic.” She stated, and the boy looked down pensively.

It felt like hours to her. A part of her was undeniably impatient, wanting him to agree at any cost. He was too great a prize to simply abandon, but she would uphold her words.

“Okay…” He answered, almost too quietly to hear. His almost-silence wasn’t from fear, but rather from thought overwhelming his ability to loudly speak. It was apparent to her he had a reason of his own to agree here, a reason to not want magic to become forgotten to him. Though she did not know exactly why, she did not care.

“Very well. Come with me.” She said, getting up from her chair and circling around her desk. She walked across the room and opened the door, and he followed her obediently with a fire in his eyes.

She led him to the Barthomeloi manor, attracting stares from magi throughout the Clock Tower along the way. She dismissed them completely, reasoning that they had better get used to it anyway.

The boy was hers now.

X=X=X=X=X
    Last edited by Nacho the Doritosedge; February 19th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Subscribed!!

Blog Entries
    Barthomeloi Lorelei with Shirou in her hands...this has so much potential.
    Needs to be sure to include Shirou running into Sumire. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice. Of course, the themes and plotlines introduced by this snippet should be expanded to give a better opinion, but this looks fine, so far.

Blog Entries
    Hm.

The Queen of the Clocktower?

Yes.

Proceed.

Word of advice? Make an index at the bottom of your first drabble, collapse the first one into a spoiler thing so it doesn't take up room unless people want to see it.

At least, once you have more than one drabble for people to look for.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Why do I keep hearing "Plan H is a go!" in my head? And why do I get the mental image of a chibi-Shirou sleeping on Lorelei's lap while she strokes his head like a cat.... I'm thinking too hard.
    Last edited by Incarnite Azurnum; April 9th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    With this new drabble, Aiden's power grows stronger.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Mwahahahahaha
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

X=X=X=X=X

Being a magus was… more difficult than his father had told him.

That was why Shirou liked the small moments of free time he had, when he could sit down and take a moment to breathe.

Sadly enough, this was not one of these moments.

“Shirou! Are you okay? Are they treating you alright?”

Fujimura Taiga, impossible as it should be, was even louder over the phone.

“I’m fine. They’re treating me well, even though the household is a bit strict, but I’m fine.”

“If it’s so fine then why didn’t you tell me you were leaving!? You could have at least left a note!”

He had an excuse for that. Something that wasn’t “a wizard did it”.

“Well, the visit was really sudden. And the flights were already booked, so I didn’t have time to properly prepare.”

That was true. He didn’t even have time to pick out some of his clothes, seeing as it had originally started with a kidnapping.

“Even then, you could have called earlier! It’s been a week!”

And he had spent three days of that week in some guy’s luggage.

“I’m sorry, Fuji-nee.”

“Apology accepted. So, will you ever come by to visit? I sure hope your relatives will let you come by every now and then.”

Relatives? The question almost stumbled out by itself, but he remembered that was the excuse Lorelei had used to hide the truth. They were distant relatives who had learned of Kiritsugu’s death, and adopted Shirou. At least, that was what everybody back home believed.

“Well, I’ll ask about it later. I don’t really know for now.”

“Tell me next time, okay?”

She sounded cheerful, yet rather sad at the same time.

“Don’t worry, I will. Take care, Fuji-nee.”

“You too, Shirou!”

He hung up the phone. At the door, the servant of the family, Infrrf, took that as a sign and left Shirou alone in his room to inform Lorelei his call was over, so that his training could continue.

Being a magus was hard, but for his ideal it was worth it. With a great teacher like Lorelei… he would definitely become a superhero.

With that thought in mind, Shirou steeled himself for the coming days.

X=X=X=X=X

The Raging Fantastic Magnum Fancy Face the First's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Magnificient. I shall eagerly await further progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Karna would totally sympathize with Shinji.

"Bro, your family does not want you either? We will show them, by killing everyone."
    "Nukes, nukes everywhere."
    [*ruby=text on top]text on bottom[/*ruby]

Blog Entries
    Hm... your pace.

I must be vigilant.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Hm... your pace.

I must be vigilant.
    Careful Aiden. Remember when I said he could outsnippet the fraggle himself?

I did not make that claim lightly.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Soon Aiden shall conquer BL with his culminated power.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Heh.

This should be fun.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Heh.

This should be fun.
    *grins* And so it begins... Hehehehe... Ahahaha!

THIS THREAD STINKS WINS.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SHIT! I MISSED THIS!

SUBSCRIBING MAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Blog Entries
    I believe I shall be subscribing to this.

You have done well, so very well, in bringing to light yet another facet of the Kaleidoscope. As Lethum stated, further meat should be added to this creation, but it is indeed a wonderful read. Further developments with Lorelei and Shirou are eagerly awaited, as are other drabbles by your hand.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

X=X=X=X=X

Infrrf was an old servant in the Barthomeloi house, and his time there had taught him many things:

Always obey without question. The masters know what they want, they don’t need your opinion on it.

Treat the masters’ friends the same way you treat the masters, unless ordered otherwise.

When not ordered to do anything, proceed to help serving the household with you own initiative.

However, his time in the household had not taught him how to react when one of the masters wanted to help him cook.

“Are you sure you should be doing this, Master Shirou? You have scant enough spare time as it is.”

“It’s fine. I like helping people, after all.”

Before the wizened servant had time to answer, Shirou had run off to obtain spices for the steaks that were cooking.

Infrrf had no idea what to think of that at all. Why, if his Lady Lorelei had ever started to act like that… He shuddered at the thought. Lady Lorelei in an apron was just a wrong image to the grey-haired man.

“Infrrf.” Think of the devil, his lady Lorelei herself appeared in the doorway, an inquisitive look on her face. “I asked Shirou to rest before dinner, but he is not in his room. Have you seen him?”

Ah, well she’d be able to straighten him out.

“Indeed I have. Young master Shirou has been… aiding me in the kitchen.”

She raised an eyebrow at that.

“Rather, he has forced his aid upon me.”

“I see. Where is he now?”

“He has gone to procure spices for the dinner. He will return shortly, I believe.”

Without answering, Lorelei stood there. Infrrf took the hint and turned his back to her to keep an eye on the steaks. Shirou came back just a moment later, carrying a plastic container with steak spices inside.

“Shirou, what are you doing in the kitchen?”

Once he noticed Lorelei standing in the doorway, he froze.

“Helping Infrrf?”

“Shirou, this time is dedicated for you to rest. It is not dedicated for you to help the household servants in doing their jobs.”

Infrrf just stood silently, staring at the steaks. It was almost time to flip them…

“But I like cooking, and I like helping people!”

“That is unimportant. There is something more productive that you could be doing instead of helping the servants.”

Ah, they were ready. Infrrf picked up a spatula from a nearby rack and flipped the steaks to their respective other side. Shirou walked by and placed the spices right next to him, and the old man muttered a word of thanks.

“Okay… what else should I be doing during my resting time?”

“Resting, for one.”

“But… That’s not doing anything.”

“I see. It appears you are ready for more training than I have been giving you.”

Infrrf silently judged the amount of spices he put on the steaks, and nodded approvingly.

“That’s not what I said.”

“It is, however, what you meant. Come with me.”

“But…!”

“Come. With. Me.”

Infrrf poked the meat to see how well cooked it was, and decided it needed more time.

Once the sound of feet hitting the floor finally receded, he sighed heavily. Really, his masters were quite the burden sometimes.

X=X=X=X=X

“Lady Lorelei. How was master Shirou’s training?”

“Successful.”

Behind her came the bruised and battered form of Emiya Shirou, clearly having fought some titanic monstrosity his Lady Lorelei called a sparring golem in the last half hour.

“Master Shirou. Will you be requiring some medical treatment?”

“I have already applied first aid.”

Infrrf hummed in surprise at the fact that the Lady Barthomeloi herself had treated him.

“I see. Will you be eating your dinner now?”

“Yes, I believe we will. Shirou?”

“Yeah… That sounds nice.”

He still didn’t sound incredibly healthy, so Infrrf resolved to give him a medicinal tea after dinner. It was only right for a servant of the household to be helpful, after all.

X=X=X=X=X

Blog Entries
    Poor Shirou, not being able to cook like he wants to...well, at least Lorelei knows how to deal with that.
    Also, interesting name for the butler/servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Lorelei is such a harsh mistress.

Still, it should help quite a bit!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice