• A new BL-tan

15 17.86%
  • Old BL-tan, but different picture

23 27.38%
  • Keep the current one

4 4.76%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: The BL Banner Poll

Get Tusia/Nasho/other people to collab on a few pics and pick one?
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aku View Post
    I'll just say that as far as I can tell, half of that post is about how throwing out BL-tan is letting go of whatever connection BL has left to its history.
    "History" left first.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm opting for a text-only banner. In that way, no one is going to use ad hominem, ad absurdum, ad misercordiam and most of all, reductio ad ridiculum over whose character we should put on the new banner.

You might call me out for doing argumentum ad temperantiam but if people are going to like this, then an extreme measure is necessary.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The poll pretty much made everything cool down in the thread anyway. So, yay!
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Where's the option to vote for something like a "Car Enthusiast Forum" banner, so that if anybody glances over your shoulder while you're browsing it doesn't immediately give away how super nerdy you are. Also, there should be an option to change everybody's avatar into manly pictures of guns.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Where's the option to vote for something like a "Car Enthusiast Forum" banner, so that if anybody glances over your shoulder while you're browsing it doesn't immediately give away how super nerdy you are.
    You'll still be called out as nerd depending on the type of people who like to glance at your computer screen. Why not something normal, like "Electronica Lovers Forum"? You'll surely be dismissed as a party-goer, then.

Also, there should be an option to change everybody's avatar into manly pictures of guns.
    Oho, you'll attract the suspicions of gun-control advocates and concerned parents in that way. Why not pictures of flowers instead?

Blog Entries
    Because I'm from the South, so big engines and guns is a pretty sure fire way to communicate I AM A MAN AND I LIKE MANLY THINGS.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if some of the guns were wearing football helmets, though.

Blog Entries
    Because I'm from the South, so big engines and guns is a pretty sure fire way to communicate I AM A MAN AND I LIKE MANLY THINGS.
    And I'm from the Southeast. Car enthusiasm here means you are either a jeepney driver, an auto mechanic or a yuppie bachelor. Guns here mean you want to go into the military or police life, or you are a 90s guy. Or a potential criminal.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if some of the guns were wearing football helmets, though.
    Why not put water sprinklers on them instead? You know, eco-friendly concerns.

Blog Entries
    "eco-friendly"

Well, geez, that's worse than the moemoe animu loli girls, as far as image goes. :V

Blog Entries
    "eco-friendly"

Well, geez, that's worse than the moemoe animu loli girls, as far as image goes. :V
    But you know it attracts a lot of potential market. And not everyone likes moemoe animu loli girls. At least we could present ourselves as an environmentally-conscious forum. You know, you have to please the target demand.

Blog Entries
    I'm willing to compromise, as long as the environment can wear a football helmet.

Blog Entries
    I'm willing to compromise, as long as the environment can wear a football helmet.
    It is wearing one. It is called "Ozone Layer".

Blog Entries
    I thought we got rid of that thing ages ago.

Blog Entries
    I thought we got rid of that thing ages ago.
    Well, we obviously can't duct tape the thing but we practically can't throw it away. You know, this isn't a case of "if you can't duct it, then fuck it."

Blog Entries
    If you don't duct it, it's going to make a lot of noise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    If you don't duct it, it's going to make a lot of noise.
    Maybe that's the reason Recyclopaths are making a lot of noise. Because we can't duct tape the thing.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So. While I don't care about BL-tan's fate, I don't want text only. By process of elimination, I must select Image and Text.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aku View Post
    I was hoping to put forward that the votes for a BL-tan shouldn't be spread out over multiple options, but rather that after it is decided wether to have a BL-tan or not, it be decided if it should be the same one or a redesigned one.
    Now we have even more BL-tan alternatives, oderp.
    Yeah, the problem with this poll is that the winner depends on how many options there are. Someone who wants to keep BL-tan could set it up to have three options for getting rid of her and only one for keeping her, and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I would originally have been sort of okay with the idea of "updating the old mascot", but its designer showed up here earlier for the sole purpose of trolling and insulting the forum as a whole. So I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of having that character represent the forum.
    And, honestly, I'm "uncomfortable" about having the forum represented by 55 pictures of Saber and Rin, so....

Blog Entries
    This poll clearly shows BL is divided on the issue. I don't think it's possible to satisfy everyone with one change or the other.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    And, honestly, I'm "uncomfortable" about having the forum represented by 55 pictures of Saber and Rin, so....
    I'm using a Sakura banner right now, whileSaber and Rin don't even have banners submitted yet.

At all.

To begin with, most of the ideas for rotating banners have had suggestions that probably wouldn't allow for 5 pictures of them, let alone 55; I doubt 55 banners would even be submitted. Also, one of those ideas came from DP himself, so you already know that the mods aren't considering letting such an extreme scenario to occur.

By worrying about something that isn't very likely to happen, you're doing something much worse than not voting for Sakura - you're not even giving her a chance.