Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate Zero

Banned

Fate Zero

Deep within the woods of German tundra stood the castle of the Einzbern. The Einzbern were an old family of magi who had, long ago, possessed one of the True Magics, those blessed miracles that neither the modern world or hidden world of magi could make us of. For centuries they had toiled, seeking to once again claim their old power, the might of Heaven's Feel, before finally despairing and reaching outside their snowy domain, seeking aid of two families from the far eastern nation of Japan, the Makiri and the Tohsaka. Together with the Wizard Marshall Zelretch, the heads of each family created a certain ritual called the Holy Grail War. The war was a blood ritual, where 7 magi would gather to summon 7 Heroic Spirits, the best of mankind throughout history, and the gathered would slaughter one another until only one team remained. To the victors would go the Holy Grail, a great fountain of magic power which could grant nearly any wish imaginable, from the Einzbern's lost magic to the Tohsaka's lofty dreams of reaching the root of all things, Akasha.

But the Einzbern failed time and again. For 3 wars, their nature as magi who cannot fight saw them knocked out laughably easily. With the approach of the 4th War, they did something nobody would expect. Casting aside their long held purity of blood, they reached out and welcomed in a certain man into their family. That man was none other than the infamous Emiya Kiritsugu, a Japanese mage who, in a different life, would be known at most as the 5th heir to a strange hermit family. The reality of his life however, led him to be feared and reviled as the demon known as the "Magus Killer." Possessing no pride in the ways of magic, Emiya Kiritsugu never fought honorable duels or did research to further the understanding of Magecraft, but rather used his magical talents in combination with what magi mostly considered the "vulgar" weapons of the modern era. Blowing up planes, bombing buildings, sniping from great distances, no tactic was out of the question for the mysterous assassin/soldier. What drove him to do what he did nobody was sure, as he would vanish and reappear all across the world in zones of conflicting, slaughtering leaders on every side, taking jobs from random clients who matched no pattern. And yet, to achieve their ancient dream, the prideful Einzbern would throw away everything and recruit this man. They would give him a wife, a home, riches, even the Grail itself, just so long as he completed the ritual in their name.

It is deep in the castle that three figures now converse, discussing the last gift the Einzbern's shall give Kiritsugu: his weapon in the Grail War, a Servant. The eldest of the three and head of the Einzbern clan, Jubstacheit von Einzbern (also known as "Acht") towered over the room's other two occupants, Kiritsugu himself and the homunculus wife he'd been given, Irisviel von Einzbern. The old man spoke, holding out a brown sack which Kiritsugu took, "the artifact we sought overseas has finally arrived. It took much effort to acquire, his tomb is highly guarded after all." The old man's face took on a slightly disgusted look, "But given your madness we thought a Heroic Spirit of the modern era might suit your methods best."

Kiritsugu resisted the urge to laugh at Acht's blatant insults, preferring instead to remove the contents of the sack. Discarding the cover, he turned over the catalyst in his hands. A few decades ago, the item would have been just a toy, but of course that changed forever in the year 1962 of the European calender. In the present day it could be considered the very symbol of Kiritsugu's own ideals. "I have to hand it to you Acht, getting this must have been risky. Surely this could turn into an international incident?"

The old wizard waved off such worldly concerns, "Hmph, a few bones thrown at the wolves of the Clock Tower and any such troubles will not be our concern anyway. Even if that weren't the case, you know well the importance of this matter to us. Even should our castle be destroyed and our family scattered, if we could hold that power again even for a moment..." the old man trailed off, his mind disappearing briefly into battles once lost. Then, clearing his mind with a shake, he dismissed Kiritsugu and Irisviel. "Go now to the summoning chamber."

Nodding, the two slipped from the room, the summoning catalyst grasped tightly in Kiritsugu's hands. With this, I can win, though the Magus Killer to himself. With this mask, surely I can save the world.

For the foolish man who still held his idealistic dreams of justice, to hold the mask of Zero the Miracle Bringer was of no small significance.

---
    Index
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 3.5
    Last edited by 2Bad; April 27th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Okay, glad I read this, and wondered what was with the title.

So, let me guess, that Zero?
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

We get Rider's rival?

Blog Entries
    Well, doesn't this look interesting.

Blog Entries
    So, who is more fabulous?

Lulu or Gil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    So, who is more fabulous?

Lulu or Gil?
    Crippleneth

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Awesome. I always thought this would be neat. The only trouble is the magic resistance Servants have.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Crippleneth
    Dat fried Circuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

US Friend Code
    Who is this Zero?
    何処に行くの

Blog Entries
    Think about it for a bit. Code Geass revolutionary who goes by Lelouch Lamperouge in his daily life (when not a revolutionary).

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

US Friend Code
    Oh, sorry, not too familliar with Code Geass.
    何処に行くの

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to LOVE this!

Blog Entries
    It's fine.

Though, really, now that I'm thinking about it, what's the timeline like here, Rodyle?

Banned
    The Ascension Throne Britannia calender is 55 years ahead of the CE/AD calender that I call the European calender here because I'd like to imagine it's what the Euro Universe used. Code Geass takes place in the 60s because Sakuradite completely fucked with humanities tech advancement. Thus S1 and R2 are in 63 and 64 respectively. Fate Zero takes place 30 years after R2, with the 4th HGW starting in 1994 CE/2049 ATB.

As a further note and minor spoiler, Zero will take the position of Caster.

Blog Entries
    Okay, that makes sense, Rodyle. I hope that it works well for how it'll turn out.

By the way, does Ryuunosuke still summon Gilles (or whatever the guy's name is), or no?

Banned
    You already asked your one question.Name:  char_17462.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  10.1 KB

Blog Entries
    ...In other words, you won't say, will you?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is relevant to my interests.

Please, continue.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

... Huh. I can see why Kiritsugu might see Zero as representing his ideals. And Zero, despite waging a war that swept through the whole world... He didn't glorify war. He didn't like it.

The only reason he went with violence and revolution, was because he knew that Suzaku's method of trying to change the government from within, would never have worked.

He may have started it all for the sake of his sister, but he had been planning to change the whole world for Nunally's sake. And in the end he planned his passing to benefit the whole world.

Oh my, this is very interesting. Go write that summoning and reaction scene!! Can't wait to see Kiritsugu and Lelouch interacting...

I wonder what Lelouch is going to do for himself now that he's alive again; after all, it's been only 30 years... Nunally and Lelouch's friends(?) wouldn't have died of old age yet.
    The telescope at one end of his beat
    And at the other end the microscope,
    Two instruments of nearly equal hope,
    And in conjunction giving quite a spread.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that only applies to heroic spirits and other magical constructs, because there's no way in hell an ancient warship could defeat a modern one.
    This is Nasu. A trireme would totally ram a 122 gun SotL and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereo Flere View Post
    But it's mostly the arguments. This had to be my favorite moment:

"You don't own BL."
    "Actually, he does..."
    "Well, he may legally own it, but it's not morally right, just like giving cancer sticks to children and being Satan. N-not that I'm comparing him to those or anything, baka."

Actually - do we know if Lelouch is going to be summoned? after all, Suzaku took over the mask after Lelouch died - even if Zero's being summoned as Caster, neither Lelouch (outside of Geass) nor Suzaku have any magic to speak of.