View Poll Results: Would you like to see Beast's Lair purchase and include a site Wiki?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 74.51%
  • No

13 25.49%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829 LastLast

Thread: Would you like for us to make an integrated Wiki?

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure if we're going to have a "trial" Wiki. I mean, I could definitely set up the free version, but is it all going to seamlessly transfer over if I do buy the full one? Also, how gimped is the free one in other terms?

I mean, while it's easy to say "We'll just rewrite it later if the experiment works," it may not be that easy.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Who cares if it doesn't transfer, that's what copypaste is for. =P
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    Family head of the Tōsaka during the original planning of the Holy Grail War. He studied under Zelretch as a mage apprentice and dreamt of attaining the Root through the Holy Grail. In the Japan of that time, it was forbidden even to be an adherent of Christianity.

vs

Family head of the Tōsaka during the original planning of the Holy Grail War. He studied under Zelretch as a mage apprentice and dreamt of attaining the Root through the Holy Grail. Also, he was a Christian, which at the time was forbidden in Japan."

Does the first make him a Christian?
    Point. The first does not, but I knew Tokiomi was likely a Christian (possibly because of Nagato likely being one, and thus likely meaning Rin was too (maybe also Sakura)...it would explain the cross on her shirt, unless it's like an indicator of her heritage rather than an aspect of herself) So having picked up on that from somewhere, and knowing Seika's translation was a rough one I made my interpretation which was closer to food's translation (I only mentioned it, because I was happy I made the right interpretation) - I never take rough translations literally, especially when I know (or am aware of) certain facts regarding aspects of said translation...I find it hard explaining how my thought-processes work...
    Fic's
    Wishing Upon The Sun (Fate/Guyver) - Updated: 11/04/12
    Broken on the Rocks - Updated: 20/07/12
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 3: NTRNTRNTRNTRNTR

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    So like a Supreme Mod but without the Mod work?

I want a piece of that.
    There can only be one Supreme Mod.

Unless you bow down to me, then you may become Vice-Supreme Mod.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    Formatting can be quite different between wikis, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    There can only be one Supreme Mod.

Unless you bow down to me, then you may become Vice-Supreme Mod.
    ...Problem.

If he is Vice-Supreme Mod, that doesn't make him Supreme Mod.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^This.

It's not like the trial is going to be forever and wind up with a ton of entries. Just copy and paste whatever you have when the trial ends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I change my mind, let's make this wiki.
    There is now the 'Change your vote option' next to the poll. For you and anyone else who wants to vote differently. Just as a heads up.
    (Although it seems not to let you vote again, just unvote, now I've tested it. Huh. Oh, wait, it's because the poll's closed. Riiiight).
    Last edited by Seika; May 15th, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    There is now the 'Change your vote option' next to the poll. For you and anyone else who wants to vote differently. Just as a heads up.
    (Although it seems not to let you vote again, just unvote, now I've tested it. Huh. Oh, wait, it's because the poll's closed. Riiiight).
    Correct. Regardless, even factoring in a handful of people who changed votes, more wanted it than not.

Old Quote Crap!

deadfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Ya, and you GD trio (food-Mc-arai) and mew would be pretty good wiki editors. But mew prolly doesn't have the time lol. CanonRap could prolly put in translations.
    Not getting involved.

Blog Entries
    Not getting involved.
    Ditto!

...Well, actually, I'll probably contribute content at some point, but there's no way in hell I'm ever going to turn this place into anything even vaguely resembling a job with responsibilities. I come to BL to hide from work, after all, so I don't need any here.

Blog Entries
    If we do have a section to put translations, though, would you all be okay with your stuff being put up? As long as it's not modified without your consent, of course.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

I think arai has said "no" before to that question.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Arai is retired, leave him alone you jerks.

Arai has reached the Throne of BL, even in death we shall summon him forth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As I expected lol.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

deadfish
    If we do have a section to put translations, though, would you all be okay with your stuff being put up? As long as it's not modified without your consent, of course.
    What I did on Fuyuki wayback when was pseudo translation pseudo explanation pseudo oh-yeah-this-happened-in-the-game-too, not a pure translation. No point in putting that stuff up again as direct source material unless it's done from scratch (and I probably would have to do everything completely differently if I had to do it again anyway).

Most of the stuff on the completematerial wiki should be fine though.
    Last edited by deadfish; May 15th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    What I did on Fuyuki wayback when was pseudo translation pseudo explanation pseudo oh-yeah-this-happened-in-the-game-too, not a pure translation. No point in putting that stuff up again as direct source material unless it's done from scratch (and I probably would have to do everything completely differently if I had to do it again anyway).

Most of the stuff on the completematerial wiki should be fine though.
    Yeah, that's probably what people would go for (it's what I would go for at least), material translations and stuff.
    Now Loading...

Blog Entries
    I would assume retranslating is part of the plan. After all, we've had more exposure to the material now, as well as some other blanks filled in.

Really, that'd be the least I would expect, anyway.

Old Quote Crap!

By the way, what's going on with this?

Fanfiction