Thread: fate/Hollow Ataraxia Disk Check Problem

fate/Hollow Ataraxia Disk Check Problem

Hi, I'm new to the forum, just seemingly stumbled across while looking for information on this disk check problem I've been having. I noticed DragoZERO had a problem similar to mine. It asks for a disc check, and it doesn't recognize the DVD. I bought this on JList because of the English Patch, and been having problems ever since. This is my last hope. Someone tell me what the solution is, if there is a solution.

Edit: My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 if that helps any.
    Last edited by bloodredsnow; May 14th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    There's a noDVD patch floating around somewhere...lemme see if I can find it.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Oh I hope that works...I've been driving myself crazy trying to get this to work.

Blog Entries
    I used my support code to go to the official support page. I remember that whatever was there fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I used my support code to go to the official support page. I remember that whatever was there fixed the problem.
    Is there an English-language version of that...?

Blog Entries
    Nope. I used copy-paste and google translate. I remember it didn't take too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Ok, I found the noDVD patch, and that worked. Thank god, $90 for a game that doesn't work was a little much. I did try the help page Neir, but for whatever was causing the problem it didn't help. I hate to use the nodvd patch, but for it to work I'd do anything at this point. Thanks for everyone's quick response to this newbie!

Hello everyone. I have the same problem with the disc check requiring administrative rights even though I run the game as administrator, and so I thought I'd post in this thread instead of making a new one.
    Like other people here I used my customer support key and tried the step-by-step workaround from Type Moon's own FAQ, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to have any effect other than making my install checker complain about fateFD.exe.
    I tried reinstalling and going through the procedure again with a fresh installation 2 more times, and I don't think I'm doing anything that I'm not told to do by the FAQ instructions.

I must admit that I'm starting to become a little desperate, after spending the better part of two days searching around for a "legitimate" solution; Everywhere I look, people seem to have either been helped by the FAQ, or they have had to get a noDVD patch. Now I've resigned myself to just get the damn thing to work in any way possible. So my question is: Could anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a usable noDVD patch?

I have of course tried searching myself, but so far I've found nothing but two broken .rar files, as well as an executable that seemingly does nothing at all.
    If bloodredsnow is still reading this thread, maybe he could be a darling and tell me what patch he used?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who could point you to a working no-DVD patch, since half the forum (if not more) probably pirated it anyway. I suspect, though, that the correct answer is to use google....

Oh yes, I am still searching and I will of course let you know if I find something that works, so that noone will waste their time.
    I was simply hoping that someone here could end that search for me, as I've only managed to find broken/useless patches so far. I may just be a genius at using google the wrong way.

Alright, just a quick post to let you all know that I finally got it to work today. I honestly don't know what did it, but after installing the game anew for what feels like the fiftieth time, it just started skipping the disc check altogether.
    As I am scared that I might mess something up if I uninstall and reinstall the game again, I'll simply list the things that I consciously did differently with this installation:

1) I changed the install directory name from the default "Fate/Hollow Ataraxia" into "Fate Hollow Ataraxia". I did this in case Windows had some registry shenanigans going on from all the previous installations.
    2) When starting up the game for the first time, it asks where to put the save data. The other times I chose some sub folder in my documents, but this time I chose the install directory.
    3) Also keep in mind that I did go through the steps from Type Moon's official FAQ, so this *may* have had something to do with it as well.

So far this seems to have done the trick, and the game starts up fine with seemingly no disc check at all. I did also find a no-DVD patch that seems to work, but now hopefully I won't need it.
    I get the feeling from Mike's earlier response that these things are not to be shared on this forum, so I won't do so other than to say that I'll try and answer any PM that comes with regards to where I found it. It wasn't exactly the first result that popped up on google heh.

So for anyone else stumbling over this thread in search of a solution to this issue: Try renaming your directories to something "legal" (not containing /\?: etc.), and choose the installation folder as the save location on your first start up.
    And remember that I had previously downloaded the registry fix from Type Moon, which may have had an impact as well.

Thanks for the response Mike, and thanks to anyone who may have been in the process of finding a solution.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Majiyabai View Post
    So far this seems to have done the trick, and the game starts up fine with seemingly no disc check at all. I did also find a no-DVD patch that seems to work, but now hopefully I won't need it.
    I get the feeling from Mike's earlier response that these things are not to be shared on this forum, so I won't do so other than to say that I'll try and answer any PM that comes with regards to where I found it. It wasn't exactly the first result that popped up on google heh.
    No-DVD patches aren't supposed to be shared, no (although doing so by PM is fine). Other information is fine, though. I suspect, actually, that even telling people how you found it in more detail would be OK, as long as you don't post actual links. We're not Mirror Moon, we don't ban people for acknowedging that piracy exists.
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 18th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.