Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: "I Am Vengeance. I AM THE K/NIGHT." - GODD*MN BATMAN THREAD

Blog Entries
    Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[8] In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones. Among these are Spanish, English, Urdu, Argh, Persian, and Latin.[8][41] The Bane of the Demon storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.[8]
    But wikipedia says it's true, and it has citations. What do you have? D:

Blog Entries
    not just wiki, other sources too, like sites run/edited by hardcore DC fans, and if you actually take the time to read them, its immediately apparent once you start reading the comics
    Bane, THROUGHOUT THE CANON, is a fucking mastermind/genius

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, anyone wish to share which are your best comic book sagas in here?

Also, I have to agree on the assestments of Bane here. In Knightfall, Bane figured that the best way to deal with the Bat is to have him in a sequential boss rush by bursting Arkham Asylum and freeing all of the inmates that Batman had caught prior to the saga (No, seriously. He bursted the asylum with some heavy firepower!). He then sliently watched and tried to make a mess of things here and there, fought against Killer Croc, who did put a good fight against him, figured out Batman's identity and then defeated him. So yeah, Bane shouldn't be underestimated. EVER. On ocassion, writers try to flip-flop when it comes to his intelligence and him depending on Venom, but it is canon that he weaned himself off of Venom because it would seriously cripple his life if he kept on using him and that he's one of the most cunning foes on the rouge's gallery who manages to combine brains and brawn.

That, and he considers Batman to be a worthy foe. He'd rank pretty high on a top 10 Batman villains list if I ever made one.
    Last edited by Chaos Greyblood; May 15th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    So, anyone wish to share which are your best comic book sagas in here?
    I really liked World War Hulk and Civil War.

Or are you just talking about DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StarPlatinum View Post
    I really liked World War Hulk and Civil War.

Or are you just talking about DC?
    Batman, bro. Batman.

Though if there are a few storylines that also involved him, go ahead.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Oh. It's sad, but I've only ever read Marvel, I've never read anything from DC, even though I like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    and it has citations.
    I can site that spider man sold his marriage to the devil. it doesn't mean that it's totally appropriate or universally accepted. thing is Bane SHOULDN'T be considered a genius. he's not, he's dedicated certainly but no genius. freeze is a genius, batman a genius the ridder a genius. hell even barbs is more of a genius then bane.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    >Bane discovering Batman's Secret Identity
    >Not genius.

...Yep, guess so.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    this has nothing to do with citations, this has to do with IN COMIC CANON, hell he is even INTRODUCED as such
    and yeah, while other characters are "more intelligent" does not mean he isn't a genius. The riddler's main weapon is his intelligence and wit, Bane doesn't have to solely rely on that, so its not as necessary to emphasize his intelligect to the same degree.
    Barbara, The Riddler, and Mr. Freeze THE FUCKING SCIENTIST/DOCTOR, are supposed to seem more intelligent because thats a huge part of the character/their main "weapons." Bane grew up in a f*cking prison, and was pretty much self-educated, so yes compared to a fucking scientist or doctor hes not going to seem as intelligent. But again, HE DOESN'T NEED TO SOLELY RELY ON THAT. He crafts plans that make use of his strength, not just his wit. And really it'd be dumb to to otherwise, since he's F*CKING STRONG AS SHIT

also, IN HIS FIRST APPEARANCE, he deduced Batman's secret identity after being in Gotham for a few months, WHEN NATIVE RESIDENTS COULDN'T. Pretty sure in the Batman-universe that makes you pretty goddamn smart. Hell, the only other person I can think that did that was Strange, and that was because Batman/Wayne came to his f*cking clinic (at least originally, later he was just more of a mind assassin).
    Last edited by lilithsama; May 15th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    hell he is even INTRODUCED as such
    doesn't mean it's true.

IN HIS FIRST APPEARANCE, he deduced Batman's secret identity after being in Gotham for a few months, WHEN NATIVE RESIDENTS COULDN'T.
    this alone makes it impossible for him to be a genius. I give him credit but you go too far. Bane is cunning, not a genius. that's why he could figure it out.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    .....do you even realize how contradictory everything you're saying is?

he was created, and introduced as a genius, SO YEAH THIS IS TOTALLY NOT CANON AT ALL

and being the ONLY person in Gotham smart enough to figure out Batman's identity, YEAHP, THAT'D BE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE IF HE WAS A GENIUS

I seriously hope you're just trolling =_=

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    he was created
    where did they actually say that? point to the interview

introduced as a genius
    first appearances are often rough, i could name a hundred where the characters aren't found matching their later actions and characterizations

and being the ONLY person in Gotham smart enough to figure out Batman's identity, YEAHP, THAT'D BE TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE IF HE WAS A GENIUS
    actually it is, in DC genius always over step themselves.

I seriously hope you're just trolling =_=
    nope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    first appearances are often rough, i could name a hundred where the characters aren't found matching their later actions and characterizations
    Yeah, actually, like how Sakura's a complete slut, right?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, actually, like how Sakura's a complete slut, right?
    try the X men funny guy

Blog Entries
    But there are no sluts in X-Men.

Blog Entries
    What is your favorite moment that proves that Bane is equipped with a superior intellect?
    When he identifies Bruce Wayne as Batman just from Wayne’s body language.
    From Chuck Dixon, who's basically saying that yeah, thats why he's a fucking genius

also, a bit more in depth
    The parameters for him had to be that he must be the intellectual and physical equal of Batman, that it would be believable that he could beat Batman and injure him badly enough to put him out of action for a year,” he says. “He is in every way a self-made man, just as Bruce Wayne made himself into Batman. Bane made himself into Bane, but with much darker purposes.”
    so yeah, he WAS CREATED TO BE A F*CKING INTELLECTUAL MATCH FOR BATMAN, who you yourself said was a genius

and really, its not like they have dropped the whole "he's intelligent" thing, hell he was even a political force in his country for a time
    although feel make all the dumb politician jokes you want

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    But there are no sluts in X-Men.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHA
    Oh sure, bring on X-23 and Jean Grey. You'll look so classy and genius.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    Oh, is this the thread where we talk about them killing off the original Batman and how screwed up the "New 52" is? :B
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Oh, is this the thread where we talk about them killing off the original Batman and how screwed up the "New 52" is? :B
    If you want to bring that up, fire away, dude.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!