View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Fantasy?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy II

1 0.65%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

3 1.95%
  • Final Fantasy IV : The After Years

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy V

4 2.60%
  • Final Fantasy VI

28 18.18%
  • Before Crisis : Final Fantasy VII

0 0%
  • Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy VII

9 5.84%
  • Dirge of Cerberus : Final Fantasy VII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

8 5.19%
  • Final Fantasy IX

20 12.99%
  • Final Fantasy X

12 7.79%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XI

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy XII

7 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

4 2.60%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

2 1.30%
  • Dissidia/Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

6 3.90%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

7 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

3 1.95%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

0 0%
  • I love ALL/MOST of them!!!

19 12.34%
Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 428287909192939497102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2143

Thread: The Supposedly Final Game! (Final Fantasy Thread)

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    [Ho lee shee it. I was on the right track?

Nomura better make it good]
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    I have only just arrived, and Wall Market is already a blast.

And now that I have had a chance to play all four of the major characters, I've got to say best girl has the best play style of the bunch. I love chaining combos together with Tifa. She was handmade for building up that Stagger meter in style. But props to every party member and the game devs for giving each character their own "flavor" of combat.

The materia system made most of the party members feel kind of interchangeable in the original FF7 (aside from Limit Breaks, of course), but new stuff like Cloud's Punisher Mode has made each character stand out that much more. I'm dying to see how Red, Cait Sith, Cid, Yuffie, and Vincent play in subsequent episodes.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    [Ho lee shee it. I was on the right track?

Nomura better make it good]
    Read the lyrics of the ending song.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Be careful, Imperial. I’m in Tifa’s camp too, but Aerith will win you over, even if you still ship Cloti, there’s no way to avoid falling for Aerith’s charm. You’re probably noticing already that Aerith has a habit of stealing the show.

Which dress did Tifa have for your play-through by the way?

Oh, right, Heidegger’s VA is Bender from Futurama/Jake from Adventure Time. Just think about that for a few minutes. (You’ll occasionally hear Bender’s laugh in Heidegger’s ‘Gyahaha!’ but you’ve gotta admit, he really nailed that laugh.)

What worries me though is that back in the original, he had a bad habit of grabbing random infantrymen and smacking them, which was hilarious in unvoiced-polygon, but will be effing terrifying here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    Aerith is precious and her home is amazing.
    This is an inescapable fact.
    Last edited by Draconic; April 29th, 2020 at 09:59 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Win win

Also shallow so pretty game makes me want to get a PS4. Though, too many unknowns yet. VII seems like it could be so big its the size of a series of main final fantasy games. And could span PS4, 5, 6 etc... -_-
    Yep, me too.

At first I only wanted a physical copy of it for nostalgia. But that gameplay made me want a PS4 console.

But yep, my meager allowance won't allow me for that one.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I finally got around to starting Remake. Currently midway though chapter 5. Hot damn is this some great stuff. My only two gripes in the six hours of playtime are Chadley's mission being worded vaguely (and hard to find. Why is Access in Abilities when it comes from Materia?) and summons being relegated to occasional boss fights. Otherwise it's all aces.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Be careful, Imperial. I’m in Tifa’s camp too, but Aerith will win you over, even if you still ship Cloti, there’s no way to avoid falling for Aerith’s charm. You’re probably noticing already that Aerith has a habit of stealing the show.
    bold of you to assume they're not in a 3-way relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Playing VIIR is like eating a burrito from your favorite Tex-Mex place and finding out the last bite is a heaping helping of sauerkraut.

Why would anyone order it this way, and what makes you think I asked for it?

Those are my feelings on the plot ghosts and using way too much Sephiroth way too soon. I went from 5000% excited for the sequel to 1000% excited. I will play part 2 and already want it, but I am dreading another mouthful of sauerkraut. The last 30 minutes of the game felt more like Kingdom Hearts II than Final Fantasy VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    She's alright, yeah.

I finished the game, and I never really found her to steal any given scene. VII is pretty good about giving everyone some shine, even if Cloud is the lead.
    Last edited by Imperial; May 1st, 2020 at 11:21 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think they have set up more than enough hints that shows the rest of the story will not change completely, but they are giving us more stuff about the Planet, and about Jenova, stuff a lot of people probably didn't pay attention to way back when.
    The original ending for FF7 led to some pretty crazy stuff, and Bugenhagen's ramblings were in my head through my playthrough. I really feel like they will make the fact the Planet isn't cool with humans a lot more real than tossing random kaiju out of nowhere.
    Like, Aerith in the original wouldn't tell us shit, and hid a hell of a lot. There is a scene in the Remake that pretty much feels like she accepts things. Plus given this was the size of a game, I think it was intelligent to use Sephiroth now and just go with it. Instead of just having black text. That would be a waste of the medium they have now.

Given the sheer amount of unexplained.....well, everything in this universe, I think people getting mad at this juncture means they didn't really stop to consider things yet. Confusion yes, but anger or revulsion? Nah.

Also, if there is any shipping camp that is picking up steam, it's Aerith/Tifa.

No surprise there. Aerith and Tifa had a lot of chemistry for having just met. Or at least to me it seemed that way.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Final Fantasy XVI could be inspired by Devil May Cry V"
    It's nothing more than a rumour at the moment, but I'm curious as to what y'all would think and how you feel the mainline games should be going forward.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    FF Crystal Chronicle is coming this August
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is that still the undisputed worst FF game, or has opinion shifted since I last checked?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is that still the undisputed worst FF game, or has opinion shifted since I last checked?
    Crystal Chronicles is a weird one.

It's not a bad game. It's just a bad FF game.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Going more action for FF gameplay doesn't really bother me

I'm still more used to turn based.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hit credits. Overall the game was amazing. Fun fights (for the most part, Fuck You Hellhouse/Arsenal/Daddy Whisper), gorgeous graphics (Except chapter 15's skybox, oof), good writing and characters. Even if half the last chapter really needed a bit more explanation about where they actually were.

9/10, lost points for skybox and not having a real conclusion, just "The adventure continues".

Aside: Rufus is so fucking cool, why can't he be the main villain instead of overcompensating sword boy?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The FREE TRIAL EXTENDED TO LEVEL 60!
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, now that the dust has settled on the FF16 reveal I felt like trying to sum up everything that can be observed and inferred from the trailer.

Monocle on, Analysis GO!!!

• First things first, there appears to be two different time periods - a somewhat peaceful period where the Hero serves Joshua the Archduke's son. Whereas the other is a time of conflict between factions (nations?).
    • The Hero with a potential Party are all discussing the target of their mission - Shiva's Dominant. The Dominants appear to be humans that either summon or transform into the Eikons: Shiva, Titan, Phoenix and Ifrit. When challenged with a question, "Sergeant" says "Our kind do not question orders, we follow them" whilst Hero touches the tattoo(?) on his cheek that they all have. Considering Joshua appears to be a Dominant who Hero served at one point, is the Party potentially Fal'cie equivalent who are compelled to serve between during a war between the Eikon?
    • Interestingly, when a soldier alerts Sergeant to the enemy faction summoning their Eikon, they're in fact referring to Titan who then proceeds to fight against Shiva. Conflict breaking out between friends maybe?
    • Time jump back to happier days and Hero narrates that the foe will not give up their "Mothercrystal" easily. Joshua seemingly heals Hero's hand and his mother(?) scolds him for going outside which is not allowed. Presumably as a Dominant he's a wanted target for the enemy and Hero has to protect him as his Shield (which was capitalised in the official subs).
    • I don't have much to say on the gameplay sections. Seems very FF15 inspired, you can see at one point a friendly running around with Hero against a monster so presumably it's not completely solo party member as some have feared. Hero uses a sword but also magic including what looks like Phoenix's wings and Titan's fist - maybe he can borrow the power of the Eikons somewhat?
    • Shady people negotiating in a dimmed room. Mercenary lady mentions Dhalmeks who drove back the Crusaders in the Battle of the Twin Realms. Is that what we see with the Saracen looking dudes fighting the knights on the Chocobos? She then goes on to mention that with the Mothercrystal gone they cannot defend their realm from the Blight. So it's maybe similar to FF15 with the MC's crystal being stolen which would stop the Starscourge?
    • An "Imperial" Dragoon attacks the Hero. Wonder if that's just a nod to the Class System or will it come back in some form? Maybe the Dragoons will be like the Judges in FF12 where they're an Elite Enemy you face at certain points.
    • What appears to be the Archduke gets shanked in front of his son Joshua which triggers the summoning/transformation into Phoenix. But Irfit appears and pre-timeskip Sergeant claims that a second Eikon of Fire should be impossible. Phoenix fights Ifrit whilst Hero narrates how the Crystals shaping their history will come to an end. Reminds me of how the antagonists from FF12 wanted to take back control of history from the Gods and put it into Mankind's hands once again.
    • The trailer closes out with Hero fading from Pre-timeskip to Post-timeskip whilst swearing he will kill someone at all costs, likely vengeance for either Joshua's and/or the Archduke's death.

Of course this all could be a waste of time if the game takes twenty years to come out and changes fifteen different times during development.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The fact that the hero uses fire wings in his attack strings makes me think that he's somehow gained the power of the phoenix, maybe by being so close to him when he manifested. I'm thinking that he and the others in the tattoo group are basically some kind of convict squad in the war and that's why they have to follow orders, and he's there because he's basically walking proof of heresy by having that power. Of course a few hours into the game we'll probably lean that he can absorb power from any summon so the moveset gets to expand.

US Friend Code
    You can see him using Titan's fists at one point too. His powers seem really cool, I hope his character is too.