View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Fantasy?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy II

1 0.65%
  • Final Fantasy III

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IV

3 1.95%
  • Final Fantasy IV : The After Years

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy V

4 2.60%
  • Final Fantasy VI

28 18.18%
  • Before Crisis : Final Fantasy VII

0 0%
  • Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy VII

9 5.84%
  • Dirge of Cerberus : Final Fantasy VII

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

8 5.19%
  • Final Fantasy IX

20 12.99%
  • Final Fantasy X

12 7.79%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XI

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy XII

7 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

4 2.60%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

2 1.30%
  • Dissidia/Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

6 3.90%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

7 4.55%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

5 3.25%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

3 1.95%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

2 1.30%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

0 0%
  • I love ALL/MOST of them!!!

19 12.34%
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898103106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,143 of 2143

Thread: The Supposedly Final Game! (Final Fantasy Thread)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All this discussion about FF7 Remake sequel lately has gotten me nostalgic about the times that I would spend on long transit journeys alone and would pass the time by taking along my PSP and inserting my UMD of the Advent Children to watch as it was something I could never get tired of...despite FF7 being one of my least favourite in the franchise. Then I remembered that I got the Director's Cut of AC some time ago in a buy one get one free deal and I felt like checking out what the extra twenty-something minutes of content actually changed anything important.

All in all, I had a good time. The movie really still holds up visually, especially the designs of the monsters and whatnot. Having become a musician as an adult, I was acutely aware of how the soundtrack is used in ways that went over my head as a child. It definitely felt like the new scenes (and the extensions to pre-existing ones) weren't created for the sake of it or as an afterthought because the movie flows a heck of a lot better without the janky scene transitions that were in the original. Denzel was definitely rescued as the added backstory that more clearly explains where he came from and why I should care saved what was easily the weakest part of the original movie for me. Marlene doing a Mr.T impression (yes I know it's meant to be Barret) is now the funniest scene in all of Final Fantasy for me.

As an aside, it was also nice just to hear all the old cast in their original roles - George Newbern in particular is irreplaceable as Sephiroth in my mind.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Finished Rebirth.

I'm... a bit torn. Overall I had a blast with the game and I sm quite looking forward to the third one, but there are some decisions that left me a bit confused, especially in the final stretch of the game.

No, I am your father
    I should be upfront and say that Aerith is my favorite character and I went into yhis game wanting to weep. I wanted to feel devastated when the time for her to die came.

I was left teary eyed during the Dyne sequence so I was pretty confident the game would pull it off. I mean, if they managed to do it with a relatively minor character like Dyne, surely they can get me to suffer with my favorite character.

I think it is telling of how execution can make or break a scene when Chapter 13 had me at the edge of my seat and genuinely gasping in horror, but Chapter 14 had me scratching my head.

When the game has you controlling Cloud laughing like a maniac chasing after Aerith for the Black Materia it was terrifying, it was fucked up, and it was engaging. When Aerith almost fell down in that moment I gasped. It didn't matter that I knew she wasn't gonna die there, it was done so well I was caught in the moment.

But I think they dropped the ball for her actual death scene. I don't quite get what happened here? Was Cloud successful in blocking Sephiroth's strike or not? If yes, then did Aerith die "because she was supposed to"? If not, then... why did they dance around the scene proper? The shots that had blood didn't feel like they were the "real" shots, but rather visions from the original's continuity or something.
    So... it didn't start off super well. And then we have the boss gauntlet. The OG had a Jenova fight here so it was appropriate to have a boss sequence, but man... it is so long. Long enough that by the end of it I'm no longer in that mindset for the goodbye scene. The Sephiroth boss fights were... really good actually. I hope we get more on wtf is going on with Zack but his appearance alongside Cloud was proper hype, especially with the fight starting with that callback to both the Remake and the OG's final attack. And the final 2v1 with Aerith was also a very fun fight. It was some KH2 shit taking place in some metaphysical space that is probably not even real, and I actually like that kind of shit.
    But at no point during it did I feel like it was trying hard enough to tell me Aerith's time was up.
    So when we return to the "real world", the scene that plays rings a bit hollow to me. Cuz the characters are reacting to it but I can't be there along with them.

And that is a bit of a shame.

Soundtrack is still 10/10. I finished the game with almost 100 hours but probably some 6 or 7 of those were just me standing around listening to the area's soundtrack. Give the sound team a raise, they were outstanding.

PS: Bruh the Shadowblood Queen completely steamrolled me...
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Waiting for Remake part 3's been really boring
    it's gonna be boring for a few more years I guess
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad