Page 53 of 805 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103153553 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    hm was the chapter so hectic that didnt notice him jumping back into the mud..?
    Hahaha, they devoted, like, six pages to him slowly walking out to the edge of that magic see-through walkway and swandiving back into the mud, then popping back out covered in mud to fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Hahaha, they devoted, like, six pages to him slowly walking out to the edge of that magic see-through walkway and swandiving back into the mud, then popping back out covered in mud to fight.
    o_O an i totally didnt notice that was him, i thought it was the other half xD

Can't tell if GoB was buffed or nerfed.

First, Gil summons like twenty shields to block Ilya's magic attack and goes 'looks like that's the majority of the armor in my vault'. You really only have like twenty shields? Come on Gil, you have like thousands of weapons, you even have loads of wine and a bunch of other stuff, and you only have like twenty shields? I guess UBW isn't the only one with problems with defensive armaments lol.

Second, how in the hell did you pull out true nine lives? That's not an object, that's an attack thought up, created, and used by Hercules. What, unless it's like, Gil was the one originally created Nine Lives, and then his people carved an image of him creating/using it into stone, then Hercules somehow saw that image while fighting the Hydra and thought 'yeah, that seems like an interesting idea' and proceeds to just somehow spontaneously bust it out like Jack Freaking Rakan.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    then Hercules somehow saw that image while fighting the Hydra and thought 'yeah, that seems like an interesting idea' and proceeds to just somehow spontaneously bust it out like Jack Freaking Rakan.
    To be fair, Hercules probably could do something like that.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    Well, it's sort of an object, insofar as Herakles' bow was called 'Nine Lives'. But the actual point is, as you say, the technique/school of techniques which Herakles should have created.

I'm just going with lolPrisma at this point.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Shadow Gil was probably just bragging and pretending.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    If you want to try and explain it, maybe he has some sort of weapon that's related to Hercules, and that weapon stores the memory of the technique. I mean, it's not like the giant rock Shirou uses is what enables the Nine Lives technique, but it still contains the memory of it since Hercules used it. So that should be true of any weapon that Hercules used. If a random piece of boulder or whatever can have it then pretty much anything can.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    If you want to try and explain it, maybe he has some sort of weapon that's related to Hercules, and that weapon stores the memory of the technique. I mean, it's not like the giant rock Shirou uses is what enables the Nine Lives technique, but it still contains the memory of it since Hercules used it. So that should be true of any weapon that Hercules used. If a random piece of boulder or whatever can have it then pretty much anything can.
    but... Gilgamesh came before Hercules. Stuff Gilgamesh has shouldn't contain the memory of Hercules bc Hercules didn't exist at the time, unless one of Hercule's lost adventures is going back in time to the age of Gilgamesh.

Shadow Gil was probably just bragging and pretending.
    So, would you say Gilgamesh is then... faking?
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Techniques can be treasures, secret techniques more so. Gilgamesh owns all the treasures. By transitive property, Gilgamesh has all the secret techniques. :V

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Techniques can be treasures, secret techniques more so. Gilgamesh owns all the treasures. By transitive property, Gilgamesh has all the secret techniques. :V
    Gilgamesh doesnt own Saber, and he accepts her a s a treasure :|

- - - Updated - - -

but... Gilgamesh came before Hercules. Stuff Gilgamesh has shouldn't contain the memory of Hercules bc Hercules didn't exist at the time, unless one of Hercule's lost adventures is going back in time to the age of Gilgamesh.

So, would you say Gilgamesh is then... faking?
    totally.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I thought the way Gate of Babylon worked was that he just had every original NP, regardless of if it was actually in his treasury when he was alive. It's more a concept. Unless things like that Caliburn-esque sword he used against Shirou were around back then.

He owns everything in the world, whether or not he was around. He's like a landlord. Imagine if you were living on his property and decided to add an extra room to a house he owned or something. Even though it's your work, the house is his.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; September 16th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I thought the way Gate of Babylon worked was that he just had every original NP, regardless of if it was actually in his treasury when he was alive. It's more a concept. Unless things like that Caliburn-esque sword he used against Shirou were around back then.

He owns everything in the world, whether or not he was around. He's like a landlord. Imagine if you were living on his property and decided to add an extra room to a house he owned or something. Even though it's your work, the house is his.
    yeah btu he has them in the original state, right? basically in the state they were before they belonged to their respective heroes... wasnt that why he never uses the actual Skill of the NP Gae Bolg or the swordbeam of Gram?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That was because he didn't know how to bring out the weapon's full potential. You might have a sniper rifle, but that doesn't mean you're going to be an expert with it. He just swings and throws stuff around and wins on brute force.

But you're right that he shouldn't know how to use Nine Lives then, even if he did have a weapon that had it... I guess that means this Gilgamesh is more skilled with his weapons. Or the kid version anyway. Or normal Gilgamesh can do it but just doesn't care.

Blog Entries
    Or maybe its lolPrisma?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Lolprisma explains everything, but we must not let your wank-muscles atrophy.

That sort of defeats the purpose of them being proto Noble Phantasms. Where's his proto Excalibur or proto Avalon? Just accept he had awesome magi tech back then but the method was lost when he destroyed his own kingdom, so he totally had European swords back then the same way he had space ships with nukes.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

No. There was a whole debate a while back about whether or not Gilgamesh would have the original Death Star and shit inside his GoB, depending if it's conceptual or like actual, and it seemed to be more actual. As in, he had all the treasures in the world, during his time. That's why he doesn't have a proto-Excalibur, because Excalibur was created after the era of Gilgamesh, by the world itself.

Honk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That was because he didn't know how to bring out the weapon's full potential. You might have a sniper rifle, but that doesn't mean you're going to be an expert with it. He just swings and throws stuff around and wins on brute force.

But you're right that he shouldn't know how to use Nine Lives then, even if he did have a weapon that had it... I guess that means this Gilgamesh is more skilled with his weapons. Or the kid version anyway. Or normal Gilgamesh can do it but just doesn't care.
    huh, i always assumed it was because they are proto-noble phantasms, like they are the original weapon that would later become legendary, but the powers like the Swordbeam and other things got added to them in their respective legend which is why Gil's Proto-NP's dont have the powers that got added to them later... is how i always understood it at least. it makes more snese then "lol he just doesnt know how to pump mana into it", considering he does know how to handle Enuma Elish, and some of the NP's would require no special skill at all for their powers,, like Diarmud's spears.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    huh, i always assumed it was because they are proto-noble phantasms, like they are the original weapon that would later become legendary, but the powers like the Swordbeam and other things got added to them in their respective legend which is why Gil's Proto-NP's dont have the powers that got added to them later... is how i always understood it at least. it makes more snese then "lol he just doesnt know how to pump mana into it", considering he does know how to handle Enuma Elish, and some of the NP's would require no special skill at all for their powers,, like Diarmud's spears.
    Shirou specifically mentions Gilgamesh is an "owner" and not a "user." They make a big deal out of it over and over. Whether or not the NP has special abilities, Gilgamesh doesn't have the skills or expertise in each weapon to bring out the best in them. That's what lets Shirou match him by producing the weapon, since if he fought the actual wielder of it (like Lancer) he would get destroyed instantly since they would be able to outfight him with the same weapon. But that doesn't mean Gilgamesh can't use NP's that have passive abilities, like Diarmuid's.

But yeah, what I was saying about him having NPs from all over was just a theory. You have to ask where stuff like European swords come from in 5000 BC or whatever it is.

Also the reason there's no proto-Excalibur: he doesn't have EVERY NP, but just their original, the thing they're all descended from. Compare Gae Bolg and that other red spear.

Argh, now I'm confusing myself.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; September 16th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    He doesn't have Excalibur's model because Saber is the owner of the original. That sword was made just for her. Also, it's because it's not the Sword from the Stone. Caliburn had its predecessors.