Page 771 of 805 FirstFirst ... 271671721761766769770771772773776781 ... LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,420 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    After these chapters I am fairly certain Illya, and Kuro by extension, will definitely return. Despite not knowing what it is Miyu feels that Illya is missing, and that she's somewhere inside that... thing... much like Pandora. Heck, we see Illya befriend Pandora when she makes her decision so that also adds up.
    As for Kuro, while it is mechanically possible to leave her dead, I think it is similarly possible to bring her back through her connection to Illya.

I'm actually kinda glad now...? Miyu was having trouble getting her agency on point during this big fight and now she has her opportunity to do just that by bringing the others back and then probably using some combination of the power of friendship with Pandora's words to stop/subdue Darius.
    The Miyuverse is gonna be fukked either way but it should be possible to bring all relevant characters into the Illyaverse for a happy conclusion, except maybe Shirou since there's already a dupe of him.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    it should be possible to bring all relevant characters into the Illyaverse for a happy conclusion, except maybe Shirou since there's already a dupe of him.
    The prospect of the two Shirous meeting is incredibly funny to me for some reason.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    *onii-chan is concerned intensifies*
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Nothing good ever comes from Shirou meeting himself.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post

Well you see, I believe the key here is when he assumed he only made contact with the fairies one time, and then didn't really remember the supposed 2nd time. Think he's definitely forgetting something crucial here. This might also be related to Pandora talking to them many times.
    First off, thank you for all the translations, Killua! You're as wonderful as your username suggests ^_^

Hearing you say that makes me think the second time Darius saw the Fairies was when Illya was going through his timeline and declared she'd stop him. He looked in her direction, and it was written off as coincidence, but now that we know Darius's affinity is to connect to the impossible, it makes perfect sense that he could detect her. Plus, the impression the fairies left would be most powerful when Darius was still alive; his memories (and sanity) become shaky after his Concept/Texture takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post
    Thanks for the translations, killua.

I'm not really sweating the heavy shit here because it does feel like Ilya is going to be the hope at the bottom of Pandora's Box. I also predict some multiversal Kaleidostick shenanigans.
    I like that! She's the embodiment of hope who appeared for Pandora at the very final hour. Fits really well.

Thinking about what the ultimate conclusion for Illya would be, as she's the counterpart to Darius, things are set up really neatly for her to wield True Magic. Even more than what the Kaleidosticks have afforded her. They were artifacts Illya relied on to access something close to True Magic, much like the Class Cards, and now she's reached the point where artifacts aren't needed. That Magic is a natural part of Illya, evidenced further by how unnaturally Darius's magic is an extension of himself.

Whereas Darius is the ideal mage, trading his humanity to wielding absurd levels of outward power, and approach the levels True Magic, Illya is a genuine Kaleid Liner, internalizing parallel worlds (the Spirit Origins of Heroes and the emotional worlds of others) to subtly achieve the impossible, and organically gain True Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriTansorma View Post
    Also, I'm sure I've said this before, but Illya and Kuro staying dead would make Prillya more miserable, more cynical, more fatalistic than magical girl stories that are actively going out of their way to be as edgy as possible. Posturing to say "Kiritsuga was right", when even Fate "On-screen child rape in the first 15 minutes" Zero didn't have the gall to be that unpleasant, despite having a nigh-on suicidally depressed writer at the helm, is truly staggering.

That practically makes Prillya the antithesis of Fate/Stay Night. Prillya has absolutely nothing in common with what made it appealing even a year and a half ago. Who could have seen the loli magical girl spin-off going full Mind of Steel?
    Is your sense of time alright? A year and half ago, Darius's conceptual replacement completed and he overtook Julian's existance completely and revealed to Illya, Miyu, and Kuro what Pandora's box is, revealing that it was another world that didn't follow Human History. That's the point of where the last movie ends at. Oath Under the Snow arc ended in 2016, 3rei started in 2012. The stuff were being seen now were things that were all seeded as far back as the end of the first book. Preferring the Magical Spin Off appeal is one thing, but not realizing that was a red herring the entire time is an incredulous concept in 2022.

Also Kiritsugu was always right, Shirou always knew that. That's nothing new, that was present within FSN itself. Shirou knew from the beginning that Kiritsugu was right but he followed an idealistic view where he wanted make things better, that's what his hypocrisy was. What is new is that 3rei's Shirou is a loser, as opposed in the UBW Route Shirou was a winner who was unaware of loss. In 3rei his character in general is a subversion of the UBW Route and goes full throttle on that concept. He loses one after another and suffers the full concequences of his actions. Can't expect everything to go your way when you lost your Protagonist Badge.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Seigi no Mikata View Post
    The stuff were being seen now were things that were all seeded as far back as the end of the first book. Preferring the Magical Spin Off appeal is one thing, but not realizing that was a red herring the entire time is an incredulous concept in 2022.

Also Kiritsugu was always right, Shirou always knew that. That's nothing new, that was present within FSN itself. Shirou knew from the beginning that Kiritsugu was right but he followed an idealistic view where he wanted make things better, that's what his hypocrisy was.
    I've long maintained that the conflict we're seeing now is the natural direction Prisma would head in. That said, nothing suggests that the Magical Girl themes are a red herring. The playful exterior of a magical girl series was certainly flimsy from the start but the core of our character's journeys are about growing into this ideal. Unlike UBW Shirou who blindly chased an ideal by himself, the Prisma sisters (and allies) are pursuing their ideal together with eyes wide open.

Kiritsugu failed to be a pure machine (mage) because he was painfully human at his core. His ability to kill that "self" was what made him so incredibly tragic. He broke after the Grail War and imparted a more humane version of his Heroic ideals to Shirou. UBW Shirou saw value in other people's lives and sacrificed himself to ensure their future, never seeing the value in his own life and future. He was the middle ground between man and machine. And finally we have Prisma Illya, the youngest of them all, and the one best able to embrace the core of that childish ideal, where people are valued on the micro and macro scale. In other words, to never lose anything and fight to save everything.

Despite how grim things look, Prisma has never been more beautiful than it is right now. We aren't mindlessly blasting "monsters" with magical beams and calling it a wrap. We're unraveling the humanity behind what appears to be the greatest monster of all and risking everything to save all parties involved. It's a complete turnabout from our wishy-washy Illya who just wanted to maintain her convenient lifestyle, never considering the burden others were paying to allow that life.

There are stories that'd end on a note like Madoka, but Prisma has sincerely celebrated the magical girl outlook from the very beginning and it wouldn't make narrative sense to suddenly ditch that ideal at the end. It's always darkest before the dawn, and all the horrors that've come about from Pandora's box are building up to that final ray of hope at the bottom.

Pandora's even given hints as to what that might look like. She says she's talked with the Fairies (Illya) countless times, meaning Illya may have very well accompanied her (in some form) back to the present time. There are a number of ways Hiroyama can complete the story and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they choose to do it.
    Last edited by StarlightStudios; January 24th, 2022 at 10:49 PM.

Just checked this Comp Ace issue's preview and it looks like we got an unexpected hiatus this month (which makes sense I guess, given that Hiroyama was very sick lately).

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Dang. It sucks, but if Hiroyama has been sick I can understand and I can only hope he recovers his health and doesn't push himself
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Yep, it seems he posted about sickness on his Twitter as of the 18th, cursing that this is how he starts out the new year. Hope he takes good care of himself and that this illness is briefer than the one that sidelined him for almost a whole year.

...Gotta admit though, I'm struggling to get used to waiting a whole month for updates again, so this month being skipped makes it even worse. No offense to Killua, but getting the raws and then waiting a week or two for the translation made me forget how long a month actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    ...Gotta admit though, I'm struggling to get used to waiting a whole month for updates again, so this month being skipped makes it even worse. No offense to Killua, but getting the raws and then waiting a week or two for the translation made me forget how long a month actually is.
    Nah I totally get you, especially since the last chapter was only half a chapter (and since I had to release the last 2 month's chapters together and earlier than usual too). Though we can hope the next one will be a bit longer given that he took a break now...

The movie is apparently available for streaming.
    https://video.unext.jp/title/SID0065326

Webrips when?

- - - Updated - - -

I unfortunately suffer from not-available-in-your-country-silly-american-itus.

598,535,004 (NA)

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Good to know, though I'll hold off like I said I would. Knowing where this movie's endpoint is, I want the sequel to transition to right after.

Is a stream release this soon a normal occurrence though? I expected it to coincide with the home release which is still a couple months off (March 30th, apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaugen View Post
    The movie is apparently available for streaming.
    https://video.unext.jp/title/SID0065326
    And of course it's geo-locked.
    sigh

I take it nobody is really interested in ripping it? Can't find it anywhere else either.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Nobody who can rip it is interested, clearly. Maybe it requires more than japan VPN. Maybe you need to register a paid account, and people aren't going to bother doing all that and figuring how to rip from this site just for a single movie that's coming in BD in like 7 weeks. If this is also like Oath under the Snow, the BD version is the definitive one with improved and fixed animation, so that's more reason to not bother just for an inferior unfixed release of a single movie
    That's my guess anyways
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I think maybe it's just debuting on that site on the 12th? They're having an interview or movie reaction with Kadowaki and Kaori on that day at the very least, so
    I imagine that's gonna be the first airing? Someone who knows japanese could confirm.

You do need a paid account, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also require a Japanese CC. I was fully intending on doing it myself until I hit that roadblock.
    As for the BD, I'd like the theatrical release to have something to compare it to for no reason other than my own entertainment. And the lack of interest in ripping it compounded in both the release of the BD as well as due to the series being somewhat niche.
    Shit sucks.

Was hoping any Chinese rippers would do it, but it doesn't seem to be the case either...
    Sentai said something about streaming it before, so I believe we will have access to the theatrical release either way in due time.