Page 789 of 805 FirstFirst ... 289689739779784787788789790791794799 ... LastLast
Results 15,761 to 15,780 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Banned
    Blog Entries
    About that, I would very much like to know how "magical" Chloe is. In other words, how much of her is mortal and how much is, for lack of a better word, Servant.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    About that, I would very much like to know how "magical" Chloe is. In other words, how much of her is mortal and how much is, for lack of a better word, Servant.
    Well going by everything we've seen, I'd say she's somewhere around Artoria? She doesn't seem to be able to take spirit form from what I recall, though that aside she seems to share all the traits of a regular servant, needs mana to function, can summon her clothes and weapons at will etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    She evaporated after Uncle Bad Touch got his paws on her so that counts for a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well going by everything we've seen, I'd say she's somewhere around Artoria? She doesn't seem to be able to take spirit form from what I recall, though that aside she seems to share all the traits of a regular servant, needs mana to function, can summon her clothes and weapons at will etc.
    About the spirit form thing we've seen kuro sort of short distance teleport, but it's possible she is just going into spirit form to move through obstacles unseen.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    I think Chloe was a full-on Servant when she came into being. Being an Archer means she had Independent Action to last longer than a normal Servant would, but even Archers need a mana source or they'll disappear in a manner of days. As for her anchor to the world, it is obviously the Archer Card. Chloe invoking her Grail Conduit powers to stabilize herself alleviated her need for mana a fair bit, but her anchor being lost is still an instagib, so she is clearly still part-Servant.

As for the teleportation thing, I thought that was Chloe engaging in a (rather mundane) use of her Grail mojo? "Arriving at the answer while skipping the process" sure sounds like it's referring to EMIYA's Projection Magecraft, but I don't think I've ever seen him teleport like Chloe does in any Fate media, and that strikes me as the sort of thing EMIYA would abuse the ever-loving hell out of if he could do it. Even more damning, EMIYA can assume spirit form and has never been shown teleporting, so I don't think that's part of the equation.

(If this is incorrect, please confirm. I'm still writing that recap and am proceeding under the impression that Chloe's teleportation and precognition is her weaponizing her Grail powers.)
    Last edited by Some Jerk; July 6th, 2022 at 03:45 AM.

Spirit form isnt really a thing in Prisma for Chloe to be special/weird for not having it. But if it is the excuse for her short teleports then its fine with me... Once it gets explained as such and not just assumed by fans.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    According to wiki lore, Illya, and Miyu and Chloe by extension, are 11. They started the series at 10 and had their birthday on-screen. Meanwhile, Illya in stay night: Heaven's Feel finished the story at 18 and was confirmed to only have one year left to live.

I recall asking in the thread a while back about how homunculus things worked in this series, specifically about Irisveil. I actually wasn't sure if there were homunculi in Kaleid, and only recently learned that Illya and Irisveil are still homunculi in Kaleid because Illya in Grand Order has the "Child of Nature" skill, which is basically the game's way of saying "this is an Einzbern Homunculus". Kaleid doesn't explore it at all (in fact "homunculus" isn't even mentioned), but no corrupted grail bullshit to taint the homunculus presumably lets Irisveil and Illya live longer.

Irisveil having been totally skipped over as a Grail Conduit in favor of Illya in this continuity means she could have a ridiculous lifespan. Illya and Chloe, on the other hand, are a lot less clear: they haven't turned 18 yet so we don't know if/how they age, they've actually used their Grail Conduit power more than once, and then there's this "Illya the fairy getting yeeted through time" business.

Spoiler:
    Watch Illya age normally because of wishing Chloe out of her body, while Chloe will still look like a child at 100 years old. And they'll still fight over who's the big sister.
    Assuming that, though, Illya's supposed age is the one big timeline inconsistency with this timeline's Zero events

@SomeJerk
    Don't worry your good I just forgot about the explanation entirely cause its been a while since I read 2rei

In his battle against Angelica, Shirou teleports when he invokes UBW. Kuro likely is using that ability instinctively since she didn't understand how her powers worked.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Reality Marble users can move people around when they pop their RM, but that's not general teleportation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Hm. I don't suppose anyone here has easy access to the Vow in the Snow film to check the fight scenes for teleport shenanigans?

I'd poke around myself, but my internet has been picky about what it allows and what it doesn't since a nationwide net outage a couple days ago, and videos from anything but YouTube are one of the things it's being testy about.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    Hm. I don't suppose anyone here has easy access to the Vow in the Snow film to check the fight scenes for teleport shenanigans?

I'd poke around myself, but my internet has been picky about what it allows and what it doesn't since a nationwide net outage a couple days ago, and videos from anything but YouTube are one of the things it's being testy about.
    Well I checked the manga and there was one obvious teleport scene when Shiro entered his reality marble with him disappearing from Enkidu's chains and out of the path of Angelica's sword. But that is just the ability to control where people appear when they enter a reality marble(used to dodge) and to a lesser extent exit the reality marble (not used in this fight) which was established as something that could be done in Fate/Zero.

Their are no other teleports by Shiro in the manga and I don't remember any extras in the movie version and if there were that was probably an after effect of the grail spell teleporting away Miyu and anything related to the grail world to Illyaverse.

My spirit form teleport theory was only because I forgot about the grail power explanation; the correct answer is Grail BS unless clearly stated in a yet unpublished chapter if Kuro is revived without archer card and subsequently loses teleportation ability without explanation. I acknowledge its probably wrong but since the topic has continued I'll add an explanation for my initial reasoning below.

Kuro Spirit Teleport theory
    Spirit forms are mostly non-existent in Kaleid using the cards probably because with one possible exception the users have a physical form and are just sort of allowing the heroic spirit to possess/ inhabit their bodies. So normal card users definitely can't go into spirit form their physical bodies would get in the way ex. FSN Saber couldn't go into spirit form.
    (Also the whole being a world were Gaia is active probably limits things)

Kuro on the other hand the main body is Illya so she may not have a physical body that would get in the way of being able to go into spirit form.
    And theoretically the ability to pass through physical objects while not being visible to the naked eye combined with the speed of a servant at short distances could resemble teleportation.
    As for why the Heroic Spirits in the Holy Grail war didn't do this kind of thing when everyone else has the ability its not as useful.
    The grail war servants could for the most part sense each other within a certain distance so except for the Assassin class with presence concealment this wasn't something that could allow for undetected movement vs servants. The ability also wasn't much use for fleeing since the other servant could also go into spirit form the chase and you never know if someone has an anti spirit NP so it mostly ended up as a glorified power saving mode.
    Notable exception 4th grail war caster got away from was able to flee from saber because she couldn't dematerialize and chase in the same form.

Really Spirit form is only strong ability when only one party can use it.

Still Grail skipping steps to teleport makes more sense when considering the grail wishing attribute and its purpose to use mana to skip over parts of the process.

@Some Jerk
    PS. Let me know you want someone to double check your story recap. Would be willing proof reader/edit in my spare time.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I'll probably post the recap here to get some proofreading/second opinions from the thread.

Don't expect it anytime soon though, as I'm waiting for progress on the story like the rest of us and am also a heavy procrastinator.

Oh, so that's why my feed lit up. Apparently it's Illya, Miyu, and Chloe's birthday today.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Oh right, I remember that being a plot point (albeit a minor one) during 2wei lol. Happ Birth to the three of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

hmm 「殺意」 I guess that explains some of the story developments lately.

Nasu really dd it better, sorry not sorry Tis guy is a godd artist, but so pretentious.

Kinda off topic, Siro was evn mor compassionate wit PUPPET Sinji after he killed Sakura, tan he is being wit Sakura now
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; July 22nd, 2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Nasu really dd it better, sorry not sorry Tis guy is a godd artist, but so pretentious.

Kinda off topic, Siro was evn mor compassionate wit PUPPET Sinji after he killed Sakura, tan he is being wit Sakura now
    What is he being pretentious about?

Shirou is typically hot headed. He was ready to murder Shinji in Fate Route during the Blood Fort sitution at the school. This level of aggression isn't new. He displayed it against Puppet Shinji as well. Nothing about that fight was compassionate. This version of Sakura is no longer Sakura, this coming from Shirou's own words. She is an evil wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    I wouldn't say Shiro was compassionate to puppet Shinji. Puppet Shinji was just weak. I took a look at the chapter where Shiro fought Shinji and all of the scenes where Shiro had any look of compassion in he was reminiscing about Sakura or thinking about saving Miyu. There was one panel where he it looked like Shiro said thank you to Shinji while him Shinji but the sentence started with Sakura on the previous page. The look in Shiro's eyes when Looking directly at Shinji just showed he wanted Shinji gone as soon as possible.
    PS. SeaDragon
    Happy to have a civil discussion with you but please PM any response to this.