Page 748 of 771 FirstFirst ... 248648698738743746747748749750753758 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,960 of 15405

Thread: Prisma Illya

  1. #14941
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,101
    I have never theorized or thought in specifics how I would've liked an story I didn't like to progress in my 25 years of life, no. General ideas, but nothing specific. People are different from you, I know this is hard to accept but it is what it is. And you ignore my mention of the final product. How many years something takes is not something someone reading the whole thing in the future will think about. Sure, it's easy to think it should be different to satisfy in the present, but the present is fleeting, what matters is the long term. How the whole will be. Maybe Hiroyama isn't doing the planning you want precisely because what he's doing now is what satisfies him and how he think it's best looking at the long term he has planned
    He knows the future of the story better than you, so you claiming you know better than Hiro when you can only look at the present and the past and not the future like he can as a creator is silly.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  2. #14942
    We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    My God, you're such an apologist.

  3. #14943
    死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    503
    JP Friend Code
    429479081
    The pacing of the story itself has been fine, but the release schedule and average number of pages per chapter have definitely been abysmal for years now. It was like two years between volumes 10 to 11 from what I remember.

  4. #14944
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    My God, you're such an apologist.
    My god, you're such a whiny person
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  5. #14945
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Now, now, this isn't the General News thread. As I said, killing off Chloe in this series is like killing off Rumpelstiltskin in Once Upon a Time. Unless there is some kind of Search for Spock style story arc, such an action is essentially the wound that the series will bleed out to death from.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  6. #14946
    死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    607
    @pinetree

    But here's the thing. Not actually a lot of chapters have passed.

    Do you know how much time did the fight against Julian/Darius take to release? Two whole years.
    Do you know how many chapters did that actually take? Just 9 chapters.

    And in those 9 chapters, we had the entire backstory of one of the two primary antagonists of the series, his motivation for his actions throughout the entire series, character development for him, his defeat, and the death of a highly important main character.

    This is NOT a slow or meaningless development for 9 chapters.

    That's why I said that the schedule makes the story seem slower than it actually is. You're getting fatigued and impatient due to the wait and every chapter releases across months because it's getting released in ~7-page chunks. That's not the pacing of the story itself that's the issue here, it's the schedule of the release.

    The plot can't move significantly in 7 pages, and it doesn't, but it can in a complete chapter, and it does.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; January 5th, 2021 at 08:27 PM.

  7. #14947
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six pinetree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Săo Paulo, Brazil
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,478
    US Friend Code
    326,832,196
    Blog Entries
    2
    I don't disagree Astro, I'm just saying that in Prisma's case, it's a problem that, even if it can't be solved (because you are right, Prisma has been releasing very little at a time), can be amended by adjusting the narrative pacing with the release schedule in mind.

    That's obviously much more difficult to do in other series cited here like D. Gray-man and Hunter x Hunter due to their release schedules being much more absurd, but Prisma still releases its chunks frequently enough that Hiroyama could do better.

  8. #14948
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    People are different from you, I know this is hard to accept but it is what it is.
    You are the only one acting like people aren't allowed to be different. What you should be saying here is "You are different from me and are objectively wrong because of it."


    Anyway, Hiroyama's pacing sucks, lol, and it absolutely is taking a toll on the story itself. Spending less 5 pages on Kuro's death is completely unforgivable, that is not how you kill off a main character and a fan favorite, period, unless you're a death games type story and even then, killing of a main character so unceremoniously AND having their death be entirely pointless/irrelevant is just wacky. Then immediately going from that to having another main character die in in a 2-3 pages, and then immediately go into a flash back to retread old character development? That's just bad pacing no matter how you slice it.

    Quick aside, remember how some people were saying that Kuro's death is good for Illya development, and now this chapter comes out to reinforce that Illya refuses to actually change because of it? Where are they now? bet they be saying its another 11/10 kino chapter, hiroyama dont miss raw swag lets gooooo

    And of course, it has to happen like this. You can't dwell on Kuro's death when you only have 15-20 pages a month AT BEST, especially when its obvious Hiroyama plans to drag this story out for years. If they were to properly mourn Kuro's death, to properly make it work, then we'd still see the characters being sad about it in April. Of course Illya and Miyu acted horrifically out of character in their reaction to Kuro's death, because if they were to act more realistically, and the story were to dwell on the death of a main character properly, that would last literal real world months. Hiroyama's pacing absolutely is effecting the writing of the manga and that no more obvious that the last few chapter, where we had two of THE main characters die unceremoniously back-to-back, and then goes immediately into a flash-back sequence that just assures us that Illya will stick to her guns (Just to make extra sure that their deaths were meaningless and unimpactful thematically) Counter intuitively, Prillya's slow as cold-molasses release pacing means the story also doesn't have time to dwell on anything for very long because that would last literal months.

    The pacing also makes the story flow very weirdly, each "chapter" doesn't flow it the next one in a seamless way. It pretty obvious there is a "break" in-between chapters. One scene doesn't flow smoothly into the other because of it, so even when binging Prillya, the story pacing can feel pretty weird because the pacing of a scene "resets" itself, in a away, every few pages. For example, take the last 3 months of chapters, and try to stitch them together into one cohesive, flowing chapter. It really obvious where the "breaks" are. Of course, every manga has this, chapters have a clear start and end, and most aren't seamlessly flowing in another, but mostly manga don't have those "seams" appearing every couple of pages.

    Most monthly manga average 30-50 pages per month, as well, so it's entirely valid for people to look at Prillya and think its pacing is absolutely miserable, because it is. And I'm not asking Hiroyama to kill himself, if this is the best Hiroyama can do, that keep doing it, but I don't have to like it and I'm not gonna pretend it doesn't significantly negatively impact the experience. If Hiroyama decides that next chapter involves a prolonged scene of Miyu in the worm pit in explicit detail, that's his choice to make, but I'm also not gonna pretend that isn't edgy bullshit, regardless of what his "vision" is. Hiroyama is free to do what he wants, however he wants, at whatever pace he wants, I don't have to like it or respect it.

    The borderline deification of Hiroyama among many Prillya fans is really weird.

    Also yes, I also think the pacing in Hunter x Hunter and Berserk suck as well. How you experience a piece of media is just as important, and for some people even more important, than the actual writing quality, so people are entirely valid to think Hunter x Hunter and Berserk are miserable stories because of how dragged out they are and how much their release schedule makes the act of actually experiencing that story utterly horrific. If you have the patience of a saint to be able to stomach that or are a god-damn time traveler, more power to you, but some people are different, I realize that's hard to accept, but it is what it is.



    iN mY oPiNiOn



    Edit
    --------------------------------------
    Also, regardless of pacing, the story is straight up being dragged out. As I've said before, the Julian fight was the most thematically satisfying and logical end point for the Drei arc. Regardless of the miserable pacing of the release schedule, the story itself is going on longer than it needs to, especially its just setting up to have Illya reinforce character development she's already had. Unless this latest chapter is also once again just meant to be set-up to break Illya again, that her refusal to give up and give in is wrong, in which case, damn bro, even magical girl site and raising project aren't that bitter


    iN mY oPiNiOn
    Last edited by SheriTansorma; January 5th, 2021 at 10:10 PM.

  9. #14949
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,101
    I'm not saying people have to agree with me. If Pinetree and you can insist on your points, why can't I insisit in mine without being called an apologist who can't accept different opinions?. Why are critics in general, from my own experience, so hostile towards defenders?
    Also, Illya remaining set in her views in the face of loss and a disastrous scenario shows her determination very well. There's no need for her to give up or be depressed. And it's not repeating anything as there's a difference in stating her goal when everyone was alive and Julian and Darius were simply more enemies to defeat and then go home and keep at it now that Kuro's dead, Miyu's a grail and Darius is almost a god, if he isn't one already.
    She's refusing to let circumstances break her and that's great
    This is my opinion. You're free to dislike Prisma, but I'm equally free to like it and defend it as it is. I'm not insulting anyone. Except OverMaster, but me calling him whiny was a reply to him complaining about me being too much of an apologist. Like what? Don't go into discussions if you only want validation for your opinion and don't like people who disagree
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  10. #14950
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,390
    we live in an era where tsuki thread is good vibes while prillya is bitter

    love it

  11. #14951
    I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    64
    Blame the story direction. The plot is currently teetering over a three-sided cliff, each side labelled either "they are setting up a new story arc" or "none of this tragedy is going to stick" or "this story is going to end abruptly, anticlimactically, and perhaps sadly". The readers knew this was coming, but the monthly format of the manga is causing the cliffhanger to drag on much longer than is desirable, and even the more loyal readers are finding their patience tested.

    I don't hold it against Hiroyama, but I understand and share the audience's frustration. Noragami, another monthly manga I've been loosely following, is currently going through its own "everything has gone to shit" phase and its driving me up the wall just as badly.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; January 6th, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

  12. #14952
    We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    why can't I insisit in mine without being called an apologist who can't accept different opinions?
    That's because your different opinion is that of an apologist, of course.

    And that's why I won't bother to offer a complex retort to your points and waste my effort, because no matter what you're just going to contrive some defense that goes all around the other's points based on nothing but subjective rethoric.

    Overall, you just like to devour whatever's put on your plate and that's fine, but then you've got to go to these lenghts to justify flaws and pitfalls and excuse them away just because you still like that work, no matter what others say, and by this point it's just tiresome. Nobody wants to discuss with a person who acts like that, and granted, I can be like that sometimes too in the other direction, but then I just walk away from discussions since they obviously aren't worth either part's time anymore.

    If that makes me 'whiny', WHAT-EVER. As I've said before, I'm not the type to bite my tongue back on what I feel just because some stranger in the Internet wants me to.
    Last edited by OverMaster; January 7th, 2021 at 08:02 AM.

  13. #14953
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    That's because your different opinion is that of an apologist, of course.

    And that's why I won't bother to offer a complex retort to your points and waste my effort, because no matter what you're just going to contrive some defense that goes all around the other's points based on nothing but subjective rethoric.

    Overall, you just like to devour whatever's put on your plate and that's fine, but then you've got to go to these lenghts to justify flaws and pitfalls and excuse them away just because you still like that work, no matter what others say, and by this point it's just tiresome. Nobody wants to discuss with a person who acts like that, and granted, I can be like that sometimes too in the other direction, but then I just walk away from discussions since they obviously aren't worth either part's time anymore.

    If that makes me 'whiny', WHAT-EVER. As I've said before, I'm not the type to bite my tongue back on what I feel just because some stranger in the Internet wants me to.
    And you're a whiny critic who needs to learn not everyone sees things as you do, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's a difference beetween not biting your tongue and being disrespectful to people and you're the 2nd case. I got in trouble myself in the Babylonia thread for the same thing of mistaking not biting my tongue and being an asshole so I speak from experience
    By the way, your rethoric isn't any less subjective. Criticism isn't a magically more objective stance than defense

    If you say you know when to walk away from discussions, I don't see it. I see you treating me as inferior and looking down on my stances just because I defend things you criticise.
    I could also try to shut down criticism by claiming nobody wants to discuss with people who act superior and just want to nitpick and complain no matter what, but I don't as I know that's not accurate and isn't respectful of the other side and is basically strawmanning them into a caricature.

    Now walk away as you claim you know how if you can't add anything more without disrespecting me.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  14. #14954
    ...maybe you two could take it someplace else without clogging this thread up with your debates?

  15. #14955
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    ...maybe you two could take it someplace else without clogging this thread up with your debates?
    Yeah like I dunno...../a/

  16. #14956
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,512
    Yeah, because /a/ is well known as a place for civil discourse.

  17. #14957
    Nah. /a/ doesn't really care about Prisma's plot and is more interested in lewd loli pics. I should know since I go to /a/ all the time.
    Let's rock this joint!

  18. #14958
    夜魔 Nightmare Gaugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    259
    Can confirm the above. Any attempt to discuss the plot on /a/ is completely ignored.

  19. #14959
    The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    9,512
    That's because you're in the wrong threads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Prillya threads are populated by the degenerates that watched the anime, then saw the movie and went "yeah the swords were cool but there was like only one scene with Miyu naked, 6/10". Any discussion about Prillya's story would happen in general Fate threads, but that's only if they don't get sidetracked into any one of the typical thousand pitfalls (like wormslut posting, or Luvia vs Rin posting, or powerlevel wank, or...)
    shit BL says

    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

    You are not getting government-handout waifus.


    Once and always and nevermore.

  20. #14960
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36,988
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •