Page 744 of 805 FirstFirst ... 244644694734739742743744745746749754794 ... LastLast
Results 14,861 to 14,880 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    See also- Negima. It's no wonder both fanbases overlap so much.
    Man, I miss Negima. I still haven't made the dive into Nanoha, though I do see a lot of crossover now that I think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    UQ Holder is still a thing, if you're interested.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Dear God, don't go there! UQ Holder is terrible!

It's like someone writing a shounen manga parody to the extreme, but trying to play it mostly straight while plotting the thing completely drunk of his ass.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Dear God, don't go there! UQ Holder is terrible!

It's like someone writing a shounen manga parody to the extreme, but trying to play it mostly straight while plotting the thing completely drunk of his ass.
    Your opinion. LGL is allowed to speak positively of it if that's what he thinks. Playing quality judge and taste police is stupid
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Your opinion. LGL is allowed to speak positively of it if that's what he thinks. Playing quality judge and taste police is stupid

I dunno, that description actually sounds amazing to me. XD I may have to read it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I dunno, that description actually sounds amazing to me. XD I may have to read it now.
    My problem is with him saying " don't go there" . Who does he think he is to decide what shows people are and are not allowed to mention?. Given how the interent loves to go harder every day on the whole taste and quality police bullshit, I don't take well to any insinuation of such an attitude happening
    Or maybe I'm more sensitive to it as a SAO fan since that show is one of the main victims of such attitudes
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Cry me some more.

As if I'm expecting for my word to be taken as law. But it's good to see you're as thin skinned about criticism as always.

Cry me some more.

As if I'm expecting for my word to be taken as law. But it's good to see you're as thin skinned about criticism as always.
    Maybe then be careful of how you word your criticism. I can't read your mind and I'm too cynical not to jump to the worst case scenario. Criticism isn't a shield to be an asshole, which is implied by calling me thin skinned about criticism for not liking taste and quality police attitudes.
    If mere criticism was my problem, I'd have snapped several times in the summer anime thread after reading the criticism posts against SAO. No, my problem is criticism I see in bad faith and trying to pass itself as the superior objective choice
    I'm glad I was mistaken about you, though

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it, if criticism was my problem, I'd have snapped in this very thread with all the criticism regarding Kuro and Miyu being killed off for now
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My problem is with him saying " don't go there" . Who does he think he is to decide what shows people are and are not allowed to mention?. Given how the interent loves to go harder every day on the whole taste and quality police bullshit, I don't take well to any insinuation of such an attitude happening
    Or maybe I'm more sensitive to it as a SAO fan since that show is one of the main victims of such attitudes
    Though, let's be honest. Anyone worth anything has the type of morbid curiosity to want to check something out when told not to check something out. So telling someone not to do something, barring literal infractions, will just prompt them to do it.

Blog Entries
    If mere criticism was my problem, I'd have snapped several times in the summer anime thread after reading the criticism posts against SAO. No, my problem is criticism I see in bad faith and trying to pass itself as the superior objective choice
    Yeah, I have a lot of criticisms about SAO, but this is hardly the place for it, I'll just say its not for me and stick to .Hack which has its own myriad issues.

Anyway, that aside, to get back on point, we've still got four class cards in play, right?

* Gil has his own card on hand, which I don't know how that'll work?
    * Beatrice still has the Magni card, but since it also erases memories I doubt anyone will really wanna use it.
    * The Sakura doll still has the Lancelot card, but where she went is a question.
    * The Assassin card that Julian used, since Darius' mana shroud was topped along with presumably Julian's body, it'll be floatin' about somewhere.
    Galleries for Stuff

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    * The Assassin card that Julian used, since Darius' mana shroud was topped along with presumably Julian's body, it'll be floatin' about somewhere.
    You know, since the Assassin Card is a gacha by WoG IIRC it's entirely possible that whoever installs it next could pull Gramps...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    You know, since the Assassin Card is a gacha by WoG IIRC it's entirely possible that whoever installs it next could pull Gramps...
    Sadly no, that's the 'Hassan' Assassin card that our team had, which I believe Darius off screened. I'm talking about the Assassin card Julian used to capture Miyu and Sakura that created all the shadow hand thingies.
    Galleries for Stuff

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    It's one of those original NP cards he was using, so it's not Hassan. The anime specifically portrayed all those cards as being junk cards unlike in the original manga for some reason. At this point, I'm expecting them to have been manifestations of Darius' mythology, so there is a decent chance we'll see corresponding original heroes within this rewritten world using all those abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    At this point, I'm expecting them to have been manifestations of Darius' mythology, so there is a decent chance we'll see corresponding original heroes within this rewritten world using all those abilities.
    I want to read Darius' fanfic.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I just liked wizards deciding the best use of magic is to punch each other in the face.
    I would've been alright with it if we actually saw the ADULT wizards, like Nove, Ginga and Subaru, decide to take up magic martial arts (in their spare time between being glorified civil servants). Watching lolis pretend-fight, even if and especially when they have to invent an adult form to do it, feels both stupid and just plain wrong.

Also that ending was pure unmitigated garbage. But I won't derail the thread any further.

- - - Updated - - -

Negima amazing, UQ Holder bad but gave use the Chisame end we fucking deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have a lot of criticisms about SAO, but this is hardly the place for it, I'll just say its not for me and stick to .Hack which has its own myriad issues.

Anyway, that aside, to get back on point, we've still got four class cards in play, right?

* Gil has his own card on hand, which I don't know how that'll work?
    * Beatrice still has the Magni card, but since it also erases memories I doubt anyone will really wanna use it.
    * The Sakura doll still has the Lancelot card, but where she went is a question.
    Wasn't Beatrice's card the Berserker card Illya was using?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Wasn't Beatrice's card the Berserker card Illya was using?
    Nah, she left Beatrice with Magni's card, or rather had Bazett deliver it to her after their fight. The one Illya was using was Heracles.
    Galleries for Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Negima amazing, UQ Holder bad but gave use the Chisame end we fucking deserved.
    Too short. We just jump over from Chisame rejecting him to a single wedding pic of them years later. That... That is really not what romantic resolution is supposed to do, you don't just jump from "This didn't happen... ah, but then it happened, byes". A minimal of fleshing out of how the resolution was achieved is a must.

Then again, everything about UQ past a point (I want to say the Gratuitous Naked Loli Water Race) just feels like half baked stumbling from Point A to Point G skipping all over B, C, D, E and F. Even the current bizarre "Suddenly timeskip and Death Party BLAMMO!" arc feels like that, it's like Akamatsu just writes in spastic attacks.
    Last edited by OverMaster; December 6th, 2020 at 05:34 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I guess that it's to show that the main character is immortal, and thus the passage of time is much less relevant to him.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Too short. We just jump over from Chisame rejecting him to a single wedding pic of them years later. That... That is really not what romantic resolution is supposed to do, you don't just jump from "This didn't happen... ah, but then it happened, byes". A minimal of fleshing out of how the resolution was achieved is a must.

Then again, everything about UQ past a point (I want to say the Gratuitous Naked Loli Water Race) just feels like half baked stumbling from Point A to Point G skipping all over B, C, D, E and F. Even the current bizarre "Suddenly timeskip and Death Party BLAMMO!" arc feels like that, it's like Akamatsu just writes in spastic attacks.
    Oh, don't look at me, I quit shortly after Negi first showed up in the space elevator. But I don't think we really needed more than that, all the clues were already there in Negima.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; December 6th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    UQ Holder is still a thing, if you're interested.
    I have been keeping up with UQ Holder... or at least, i was. Crunchyroll's manga reader became more trouble than it was worth, so I haven't read any chapters since like May, but I'm reasonably caught up. It's not the worst thing I've ever read by a LOT, I actually enjoy a good bit of UQ Holder, but it's not without flaws. In a lot of ways, I think being a successor to Negima is both its greatest strength and worst weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.