Page 734 of 805 FirstFirst ... 234634684724729732733734735736739744784 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,680 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Idk, I think this has a chance to stick in the likelyhood that hiroyama doesn't actually want to do a 4ier, or anything. This opens up a lot more of a possibility for him to end 3rei with Illya returning to a "normal life" (as far as such a thing is possible, of course), and just leave the story at that without having to continue writing stuff because all these fantastical elements remain around Illya.
    IDK, even if HiroabsolutemadmanYama wanted to go out with a bang and kill off Kuro for real, I don't think his editors would ever let him go with it. Kuro is a HUGE part of Prillya's popularity, the anime is still slated for more seasons, and a character death like that usually means a huge blow to sales.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Here's the raws if anyone is interested: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7043515106?fr=frs
    The TL should be done soon, just like I'm done too. I don't even feel like continuing the manga now that my favorite character died tbh...

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Imagine if Hiro does what Araki did with Avdol and brings Kuro back to kill her for good later
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Imagine if Hiro does what Araki did with Avdol and brings Kuro back to kill her for good later
    No worries, the manga won't run long enough to do that.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I just realized. If Julian survives this, would this be the first time that an Origin Bullet was used to save a person instead of killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    a character death like that usually means a huge blow to sales.
    Uh, does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Uh, does it?
    I mean, Dragon Ball tried to kill Goku off, but fans bitched so much and rejected Gohan to such a degree Toriyama had to bring the big idiot back.

I don't think it reflected on actual sales, but overall L's death marked Death Note in the eyes of most fans (I didn't mind, personally).

I think that Takeuchi Naoko tried to kill the Sailor Senshi (minus Usagi) for real more than once but her editors wouldn't let her.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Even farther back. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle tried to kill Sherlock Holmes and free himself from writing the detective and made up Moriarty for said kill. It didn't work, at all. Man was still stuck writing Sherlock
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Uh, does it?
    In reasonable countries, yes. In Japan it probably comes with an extra helping of death threats, spam mail and dakimakura burning in the streets*

*ok, maybe not that last one.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Those are all examples of someone trying to kill off their characters and then continue writing (or being stuck continuing writing after the fact, I guess), but my point was that if Hiroyama already planned for 3rei to be the end of Prillya then would it really matter if it ends after one of the major characters having died?

Because I would think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Up. I'm really depressed now... Kuro was my favorite character and half the reason I picked up the manga... I don't know how I'll squeeze motivation to translate the upcoming chapters...
    **************dex.org/chapter/1080354/1

Saw this coming years in advance, still think about it now what I thought about it then.

If this sticks, which is unlikely, it really is the most cynical direction to take the story. Yet another Type-Moon story about how ideals are impossible and the world is bad, like, alright mate. Sure. I'll throw it with the others. I can go on about this forever, but basically, this image sums up my thoughts entirely

*IF* it sticks, which

I mean

this is a magical girl manga in a world where both the main characters a latent catalyst for wish granted magic

and ainsworths can make dolls and stuff souls in them

and fuyuki true summoning exists

and throne of heroes exists

gilgamesh still doing things

blank servant cards exist, which is what created the emiya card in the first place, so who's to say they cant do it again for kuro

Plainly put, without even having an asspull, Kuro has a lot of outs. If I were a betting person, I'd put money on this being undone within a volume or two (So you know, in 3-6 years), but I ain't gonna set myself up and wouldn't put anything I wouldn't be willing to lose.

In another discussion, there's no way that's how Darius goes out. Sorry Kuro, but you definitely jobbed. We've seen Darius "die" in the exact same way before, and that was with a Noble Phantasm that destroys the magic. If he can come back from that, he can come back from this. I suspect it'll be more along the lines that Julians magic circuits were destroyed, meaning Darius can no longer use him as a host, and he'll find some other way to manifest.

Man, are we really in end game? I feel like there's still so much left to do, that unless it gets super rushed, I don't see how this arc is finishing even with in the next year, especially with Hiroyama's pace.
    Last edited by SheriTansorma; October 25th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I mean, I like Kuro, but I don't really see this as a bad decision for the series? It was one of the only ways left to be absolutely sure Darius was dead, and seeing as neither Tanaka nor Ko-Gil has shown up since the Miyuverse Shirou flashback this was the most logical option.

Kuro dying is probably not permanent, with the Prisma Illya theme of doing the impossible and getting a good end for everyone- most likely she'll either be reabsorbed into Illya or given a body by the remaining Ainsworths. Still, maybe it's just my own jaded mindset but I think for a dramatic A++ tier final boss like this we needed to have some amount of fallout and repercussions. Especially with how long and arduous this battle has been. It'd be neat to see Kuro again, but if she really dies here then I'll just salute her off as a real one.

My main questions aside from Kuro's fate are 1) what's gonna happen to Julian/Angelica/Beatrice, 2) where the heck are Ko-Gil and Tanaka, and 3) what's gonna happen to Pandora?

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    just like Illya, Kuro has too much Emiya blood in her.

you better make delicious meal for them red chef.

This manga has felt phoned in for much of this day-that-has-lasted-a-couple-dozen-chapters-over-a-few-years. I feel that, if this was done by Hiroyama as he was during the Shirou flashback arc, Kuro would have gotten a much more impactful send-off. She never even got an Unlimited Blade Works chant where she could affirm that her life had meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    I mean, I like Kuro, but I don't really see this as a bad decision for the series?
    Its not like I think the series is about to drop in quality or anything, I'm sure it'll still end as a solid 8-9/10, but its just such an incredibly mean-spirited and cynical direction to take.

Like I said, it's just another Type-Moon Ideals are Flawed, World Bad Nhillistic Despair vest in a Franchise that's already burst to full with that. And I say this as someone who's favorite Type-Moon works is Fate/Extra, which is assuredly not a happy story. Prillya didn't *need* this. There's nothing wrong with a perfect happy ending, but feels like a lot of people judge a works quality by the how much it hurts someone, which like, if that isn't the definition of mean-spirited I don't know what is.

we get it

saving everyone is an impossible goal

world bad

get new material
    Last edited by SheriTansorma; October 26th, 2020 at 12:07 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    3rei just dragged on for way too long. All the the long hiatuses I think have just caused general fatigue in readers, and not everyone was happy about the darkening of the series into grimmer territory that 3rei pushed.

I hope 3rei ends soon. Seriously, the chapters started to take so long, and then started coming out with like only 8 pages sometimes. What the hell.

1 volume per 2.5 years is some nutty shit, man

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    dakimakura burning in the streets
    Why can't all protests be this cultured.

Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    I mean, I like Kuro, but I don't really see this as a bad decision for the series? It was one of the only ways left to be absolutely sure Darius was dead, and seeing as neither Tanaka nor Ko-Gil has shown up since the Miyuverse Shirou flashback this was the most logical option.

Kuro dying is probably not permanent, with the Prisma Illya theme of doing the impossible and getting a good end for everyone- most likely she'll either be reabsorbed into Illya or given a body by the remaining Ainsworths. Still, maybe it's just my own jaded mindset but I think for a dramatic A++ tier final boss like this we needed to have some amount of fallout and repercussions. Especially with how long and arduous this battle has been. It'd be neat to see Kuro again, but if she really dies here then I'll just salute her off as a real one.

My main questions aside from Kuro's fate are 1) what's gonna happen to Julian/Angelica/Beatrice, 2) where the heck are Ko-Gil and Tanaka, and 3) what's gonna happen to Pandora?

all of that and sakura, it would not made much sense if that was the last we saw of her, and she had the RB

As for what happened, i liked Kuro the mos of the three girls ,because she is closest to FSN illya in personality,Illya too much of goody two shoes maho shoujo and Miyu, ..always found her bland , so this is a bummer but.... 1) Dont think will stick...2) Im not that invested in this manga characters , even the ones i like most

And i have to echo that other poster, i liked this more when it was more lighearthed , if its other nasuverse grimfest, it loses uniqueness , i know, unpopular opinion , considering some people thinks 3rei is peak fate . Its like Hiroyama is triying to much to prove.."see, this is not just loli fan service..this is the nasuverse, bitches" , and i say this as a HF fan