Page 750 of 805 FirstFirst ... 250650700740745748749750751752755760800 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 15,000 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Isn't she Counter Force of Gaia basically like Fou? Calling her gaia itself seems wrong to me. Though it's nice to see seeing Gaia try to prevent something for once

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Isn't she Counter Force of Gaia basically like Fou? Calling her gaia itself seems wrong to me. Though it's nice to see seeing Gaia try to prevent something for once

To be honest, their might be more clarification onces it fully translated, or in the next issue. But personally to me there's a load of difference between calling herself "Gaia's counterforce" vs "an agent of Gaia counter's force"

But yeah clarification and transalation is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RootoftheDream View Post
    Illya uses Heaven's Feel while being buffed/powered by Tanaka/Gaia.

Or something ridiculous like that. Either way, the memes involving Tanaka are gonna be hilarious.

But what's even more interesting is how this reveal about Tanaka effectively re-frames the events of Miyuverse Shirou successfully installing/summoning his future self.
    Heroic Spirit Emiya legitimately was the only Heroic Spirit who would answer such a call for help.

Either way though, this sets an actual precedent of the collective concious of the planet not just having human form, but also having a legitmate personality.

What I'm saying is, the chances of Alaya getting a human form and making a bunch of fanon acutally true have increased massively

- - - Updated - - -
    I mean it’s like trying to say capsule servant had a giant mecha Sakura so it’s not weird for Sakura to be a Greek god or turn into a robot in a normal fate story imo.

Whether or not nasu decides to use the idea for other stuff sometime is whatever imo.

Gaia...likes hotpants?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean it’s like trying to say capsule servant had a giant mecha Sakura so it’s not weird for Sakura to be a Greek god or turn into a robot in a normal fate story imo.

Whether or not nasu decides to use the idea for other stuff sometime is whatever imo.
    Gaia had a personality since the time of tsukihime. It's tough to imagine as Tanaka tho

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I mean, greek she might not be, but Sakura's 2 hindu divinities in GO, Kama and Parvati. Dunno if it's full possession or an Ishtar case where there's a mix of Kama/Parvati and Sakura in the personality
    Then, there's the sakuraface Alter Egos derived from Extra Sakura (well, BB. But BB was herself spawned from Extra Sakura) who use the power of multiple divinities and one of them is a giantess. Also, Melty has Artemis as one of her components, so greek godess Sakura's partially a thing
    Then, there's BB herself,
    So, the Sakura example wasn't so far fetched. Alter egos and demi servants've made some wild shit possible

- - - Updated - - -

Jokes are the deepest lore

And Prisma Illya canonically shows up in the very canon Solomon Singularity. So with GO Nasu made Prisma and what happens in the manga canon to the wider nasuverse. So, yep. Cute anime girl Gaia is a canon thing now and opens the doors for anime girl Alaya.
    Last edited by bassgs435; January 26th, 2021 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Not that I'm about to argue about canonicity but Prillya showing up in ANYTHING in FGO doesn't mean anything considering what the cause of Prisma in FGO is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are we sure this is Gaia as in 'will of the planet' Gaia and not Gaia as in the Greek Personification of the Earth? Seems like the sorta distinction they would make in the Nasuverse between the living planet and a divine personification created by humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

US Friend Code
    It's something to consider since this is already involving Greek stuff with Pandora.

My gut says Nasu Gaia though.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Greek Gaia having things to do with Pandora would indeed make sense, but judging from killua's initial translation, Tanaka mentions the Counter Force by name. That's pretty implicative of which Gaia we're dealing with.

Or Hiryoama could go full troll and have Greek Gaia be an agent of Nasu Gaia's Counter Force specifically to make us pull our hair out confusing the two. It's a twist I wouldn't put past him.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    "I heard you guys liked Gaia, so I've put Gaia in your Gaia." -Hiroyama, probably.

But seriously though, people literally predicted this "twist" very soon after Tanaka was introduced. I remember everyone just waiting for the official confirmation as soon as the Ainsworths revealed their plan and Tanaka said the words "The only thing I remember is that my mission is to ruin the Ainsworths", her supposed invulnerability and her "sword" being the only thing that could damage the box.

Now couple that with the scene where Illya asks Tanaka if she remembers anything, and Tanaka saying that her very first memory is tripping on top of Illya. Can't get more obvious than that.

The new piece of information is that she's on Gaia's side instead of Alaya, but that also makes a lot of sense considering how the Ainsworths planned their wish; literally killing Earth to create a new humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    "I heard you guys liked Gaia, so I've put Gaia in your Gaia." -Hiroyama, probably.

But seriously though, people literally predicted this "twist" very soon after Tanaka was introduced. I remember everyone just waiting for the official confirmation as soon as the Ainsworths revealed their plan and Tanaka said the words "The only thing I remember is that my mission is to ruin the Ainsworths", her supposed invulnerability and her "sword" being the only thing that could damage the box.

Now couple that with the scene where Illya asks Tanaka if she remembers anything, and Tanaka saying that her very first memory is tripping on top of Illya. Can't get more obvious than that.

The new piece of information is that she's on Gaia's side instead of Alaya, but that also makes a lot of sense considering how the Ainsworths planned their wish; literally killing Earth to create a new humanity.
    The "new piece of information" is the "twist" everybody is reacting to, of course.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    I mean, while still waiting for the full translation for accuracy, the new information don't really seem huge as well.

Correct me as I may be misremembering some stuff, but didn't we always know that the creatures of Gaia are fundamentally different from the creatures of Alaya in that they aren't necessarily Heroic Spirits, but could be literal monster/beasts/entities born from nature itself and plenty of them have a personality?

The explanation about Tanaka does seem to fit the bill and there doesn't seem to be anything special about her compared to what and who we know.

With that in mind, this new information is hardly surprising.

The thing about Tanaka being an agent of Gaia or Gaia itself doesn't matter, as I see it. Tanaka was born for the singular purpose of doing Gaia's bidding. In that context, being Gaia or an agent of Gaia seems pretty interchangeable IMO.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; January 27th, 2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Are we sure this is Gaia as in 'will of the planet' Gaia and not Gaia as in the Greek Personification of the Earth? Seems like the sorta distinction they would make in the Nasuverse between the living planet and a divine personification created by humans.
    It says "Gaia's Counterforce" (or "the counterforce of Gaia", same thing really). I don't think it would make much sense at all for her to go like "oh I meant Gaia the goddess' counterfoce" cuz like, what does that even mean?

The thing that confuses me then is how she seemingly IS Gaia's counterforce, not that she's a part of it (like PM or other ガイアの怪物), so that means Gaia took physical form to do this? Which seems wack in and of itself but I guess we'll see in the next chapter, because the page You posted was the last one from this chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It says "Gaia's Counterforce" (or "the counterforce of Gaia", same thing really). I don't think it would make much sense at all for her to go like "oh I meant Gaia the goddess' counterfoce" cuz like, what does that even mean?
    Ah, thanks, I'm not a translator myself, so I was more asking, not putting it forward as a solid theory. I'd rewritten it several times trying to get the distinction between the two right in my sentence and forgot the proper question part.

I'm really interested to see how this turns out given the theories about Tanaka up til now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

To be honest, it doesn't change the fact that Darius is legitmately dangerous/insane.

The fact that Tanaka exists at all means that Darius is actively picking a fight with Gaia. And consdering how he responded to Tanaka's existence, he knew/suspected what she is.

The dude is smoking Goetia level craziness.

Seeing the chaos here, I'll just provide the translation for the last page if it can help

"[Tanaka was... The moment I met Illya... Tanaka was born.]

[Wha-...?]

["Gaia's counterforce". The last survival instinct this dying planet's unconsciousness gave birth to. That is who I am.]"

Again, sorry for the delay and sorry if it feels like I'm intentionally tickling everyone's balls, I'm just really busy atm so I can't do more than this now. Hopefully the chapter will be done in the next 3 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Seeing the chaos here, I'll just provide the translation for the last page if it can help

"[Tanaka was... The moment I met Illya... Tanaka was born.]

[Wha-...?]

["Gaia's counterforce". The last survival instinct this dying planet's unconsciousness gave birth to. That is who I am.]"

Again, sorry for the delay and sorry if it feels like I'm intentionally tickling everyone's balls, I'm just really busy atm so I can't do more than this now. Hopefully the chapter will be done in the next 3 days or so.

That description of Tanaka is giving me Notes vibes. Turns out Gaia has two responses to humans killing jt

Calling all it's realtives
    Or mainfesting as a cute girl who likes hotpants.

That is so Type Moon that it hurts.

....I now have an image V/V from Notes hanging out with Tanaka.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Take your time. No matter what some people might say, IRL stuff takes precedence over anime.

So if Takana is Gaia's counterforce or adjacent at least, what the chances her sword arm is a Knight Arm is "Real of the World" ?