Page 729 of 805 FirstFirst ... 229629679719724727728729730731734739779 ... LastLast
Results 14,561 to 14,580 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You know, I see this here and there and it always bothers me. The full line in reference is "That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet", right? So why bracket the 't' of 'that' when it is part of the official quote?
    Because I'm not using the original capitalisation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Isn't that pretty obvious? It was changed to lily as a play on yuri, as in girl's love.
    Oh, I had no idea "yuri" literally meant "lily".
    What a stupid usage of the quote.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I had no idea "yuri" literally meant "lily".
    What a stupid usage of the quote.
    But why not?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I don't think so. This whole part has been about explaining Miyu, but now that it's done, we've still got to explain Illya. Why is she a decade younger than cannon? What actually happened in the 4th war? What are Iri and Kerry doing all the time, away from home?
    In this timeline Acht prevented Kiri and Iri from doing the nasty until they were done with the Fourth War.

Kiri went crazy from the blue balls, massacred the Einzberns, took Iri away, they screwed like rabbits for a full week while leaving this ginger boy they'd just picked up with Taiga, and that's why Illya is younger here.

So the whole world is happier because Acht cockblockled Kiri for eight years. Five more and this world would be the utopia timelines are given as an example to follow if they don't want to be pruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    I could see him trying to make his own series, fail at having it take off, and then come back to Prisma. Seems like he's only done one other series that was canned relatively early. That seems to be the fate of some of these manga artists that have been doing sequels and spinoffs to a singular series for like twenty to thirty years.
    Yeah, mangaka tend to have problems breaking from the shadow of their hits, so most of them end up being one hit wonders.

Even someone like Toriyama only had Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball as really big hits and he's done nothing of much note since the end of the latter.

Takeuchi will only be known for Sailor Moon.

Guys like the authors of The World God Only Knows and School Rumble pretty much sank their careers with flopped endigs and can't seem to recover since.

Someone like Takahashi, who could hit it big with Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, Maison Ikokku, Mermaid Saga, InuYasha, AND then Rinn-E, is pretty much a freakish exception to that rule.
    Last edited by OverMaster; August 4th, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Takahashi is indeed one of the gods of manga. I don't care much for most of her works but it's amazing how consistently successful she manages to be.

Anyways, I do like that theory regarding Illya's birth. It makes sense and isn't complicated. In general I think the 4th Grail War stuff isn't really that important to Prillya. I don't expect Hiroyama to cover it in much detail.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    If we're getting into theory discussion, there's a question that's been nagging at me for some time, and maybe you vastly more knowledgeable folks can answer it: is Irisviel a homunculus in this continuity or no?

We know that Iri conceived Illya naturally (well, as natural as birth-by-homunculus can be) before "modifying" her personality to suit a grail conduit. But what about Iri herself? I don't think it was ever mentioned if she's still a homunculus here or not, but my knowledge of Fate/Zero is sketchy and I don't recall how much lifespan Iri had left in Zero (was that ever mentioned either?), and it's been either 10 or 18 years since Fate/Zero was supposed to happen.

Basically I'm asking if Iri is going to spontaneously die from "this homunculus lived too long" disease like OG Illyasveil was implied to. And am hoping it's not hereditary.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    If we're getting into theory discussion, there's a question that's been nagging at me for some time, and maybe you vastly more knowledgeable folks can answer it: is Irisviel a homunculus in this continuity or no?

We know that Iri conceived Illya naturally (well, as natural as birth-by-homunculus can be) before "modifying" her personality to suit a grail conduit. But what about Iri herself? I don't think it was ever mentioned if she's still a homunculus here or not, but my knowledge of Fate/Zero is sketchy and I don't recall how much lifespan Iri had left in Zero (was that ever mentioned either?), and it's been either 10 or 18 years since Fate/Zero was supposed to happen.

Basically I'm asking if Iri is going to spontaneously die from "this homunculus lived too long" disease like OG Illyasveil was implied to. And am hoping it's not hereditary.
    If memory serves, Iri in Zero was already on the verge of "expiring" naturally, which is why she was resting on the leyline in Emiya household's shed when Lancelot abducted her. So assuming Prillya does branch off from Zero (which is only circumstantial at this point) she either found a way to extend her life before the Fourth War or was never a homunculus to begin with.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 8th, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Huh. I thought iri was falling ill because the dead servants were filling her up - like Ilya in Fate.

Considering how much of the background setting remains intact, I think it's reasonable to assume that she's a homunculus.

The whole story and specifics of how Kerry and Iri managed to sink the fuyuki grail war, the Einzbern, not draw attention of the Tohsaka and Makiri and give their daughter a normal life in the very city all that was to happen in as a kindergartner when she should be about 18 or something is one of those unexplored things
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Maybe part of the reasons why Kiri and Iri are away so much is because they are looking around the world for means to lenghten Iri's (and Illya's?) lifespans, and Iri regularly undergoes some kind of treatment somewhere else, or something like that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    "Don't think too hard about it."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or maybe Kerry's wish was "fuck these chumps and make my puppet a real girl" and Angra was down as long as it screwed over the guys who summoned him.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Reasonable, if a dull tale of how Prismaverse came to be.

After a quick reread of the few lore dumps in 2wei. Ilya is a Homunculus, so Iri almost certainly is.
    Kiritsugu is off making sure that the Fuyuki Grail won't happen again.
    And that was all that were said about that.

Interestingly Sella and Leys are somewhat unaware of the magical world. And indeed they weren't around at F/Z probably being born and bonded to Ilya much after the 4th War. I dunno. Did they keep or salvage some Homunculi which happened to be these two?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Reasonable, if a dull tale of how Prismaverse came to be.

After a quick reread of the few lore dumps in 2wei. Ilya is a Homunculus, so Iri almost certainly is.
    Kiritsugu is off making sure that the Fuyuki Grail won't happen again.
    And that was all that were said about that.

Interestingly Sella and Leys are somewhat unaware of the magical world. And indeed they weren't around at F/Z probably being born and bonded to Ilya much after the 4th War. I dunno. Did they keep or salvage some Homunculi which happened to be these two?
    The maids are very much aware about the magical world.

Spoiler:

598,535,004 (NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    The maids are very much aware about the magical world.

Spoiler:

I mean, I don't doubt that the maids are probably clued in, but that page is a bad example of them being "very much aware". All they seem to be aware of is the seal on Illya and "the power". They don't even appear to be using magecraft terms in general (though that could be the translation).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

It's just an example of the first time they talk about it. The original manga is really explicit about the maids knowing about magic stuff.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Broke; August 8th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.

598,535,004 (NA)

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Actually, you might think you aren't, but while "that which we call a rose" kicks off a sentence, 'that' is left uncapitalized in Shakespeare's writing.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Okay, so I wasn't ignorant and whether Prillya Iri is homunculus or human wasn't actually touched on anywhere. That makes me a little less irritated... though no less concerned.

As for how knowledgeable Sella and Leysritt are, I'm 90% sure their knowledge of Illya's antics begins and ends with their own Holy Grail War and Illya's sealed memories. They and Iri know she's gotten wrapped up in something magic-related, but not what, and Iri decides to take a passive approach. And to be fair, there's no way they could know about the particulars of someone else's Holy Grail War.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    "Don't think too hard about it."
    I mean, fair, but with how the manga has been heading, it does feel like the story could end with Iri dying "end of an era" style. Or it could just be glossed over and the readers can make their own conclusions, which is what I'm hoping for.

All I ask is that all three main heroines unambiguously survive. Chloe is my biggest concern right now because
    Spoiler:
    they're fighting the guy who made (and can destroy​) the Class Cards, and we don't know what happens if Chloe loses the card in her heart.
    I fully expect this to be a godawful cliffhanger in the future.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; August 11th, 2020 at 11:40 PM.

I'm sorry if you're tired of this question by now but do we know around when the next Prillya chapter is getting released? Weren't we supposed to get 2 chapters this month (I remember reading it somewhere)? Asking to try to make some free time around the day the chapter comes out (so I can immediately translate it)

Don't know about a double chapter, but new chapters release with Comp Ace issues, the next of which releases on August 26th. Then you're waiting for whoever buys the magazine and uploads the raw chapter.

598,535,004 (NA)

I see. Thank you!

I think the simplest explanation it that exact details about Iri and Illya circunstances weren't planned yet, weren't supposed to be and the story extend so much for their own good, more so that was planned.