Page 784 of 792 FirstFirst ... 284684734774779782783784785786789 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,680 of 15840

Thread: Prisma Illya

  1. #15661
    I don't entirely disagree but was commenting specifically on this sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    If same dialogue was in any fan fiction on internet, you guys would be saying is cringe
    Honestly its not the best chapter but I think the TL makes the issues with it stand out more than they should be.

  2. #15662
    祖 Ancestor TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,657
    i respect your view, man, but "yoou said sempai dont use guns?" is te single cringest ting i read since i became a TM fan , it belongs in some edgy fan fiction made by a 15 yo

    Prillya is like five years in being so pretentious, FGO is a cash grab but its better chpters are leagues above
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; June 25th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.

  3. #15663
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    i respect your view, man, but "yoou said sempai dont use guns?" is te single cringest ting i read since i became a TM fan , it belongs in some edgy fan fiction made by a 15 yo
    To be clear I don't actually like the chapter. my point about the faster and lower quality group having bad phrasing is that they would actually translate a line like that.

  4. #15664
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,294
    Being an scam game makes any FGO chapter much more cringe, sorry
    Also the MC being a literal bland no personality MC by design and the anime doesn’t make him any better
    At least this Shirou is still fun, cringe or not. Call me when Guda is not bland in anime form (I refuse to touch the scam game)
    I do think Prisma at this point has better characters and dare I say it, plot and conflict than FGO anime (FGO is just Fate isekai with bland self insert-kun saving the day through MC bullshit)
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 25th, 2022 at 07:30 PM.
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  5. #15665
    祖 Ancestor Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Emerald Isle
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,900
    Blog Entries
    8
    I actually really liked this chapter. It has an interesting interpretation of the Shirou/Sakura relationship, with both seeing the other as this idealised version of normalcy while being fundamentally ignorant of one another's circumstances. Meanwhile, the whole "senpai wouldn't use guns" is clearly something of a meta-commentary, the idea that all Shirous must be created equal, especially in different realities is something that a lot of fans complain about. I mean to me I always saw the Kaleid Shirous as being something of an extracted essense of the original, with Illyaverse being basically all of Shirou's domestic traits and harem protag EX skill, while Miyuverse is all the magecraft and hardship that comes with his experiences. He's not quite Emiya yet, and definitely not Alter, but he's getting somewhere closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

    Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0


    Blue Exorcist Wiki Plug
    https://aonoexorcist.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

  6. #15666
    夜属 Nightkin CerberusGate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Malaysia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177
    US Friend Code
    359,294,186
    I liked this chapter. With the issue of Knight of Owner in mind and the reduced parameters of Class Cards, a good solution to it is to literally stop Projecting and use firearms along with any other tools of the trade Kiritsugu may have used aside from the one-shot Contender (landmines FTW). Plus the Contender would be useless if he misses that shot so may as well stick to rapid-firing weapons and explosives.

    As for the "Senpai does not use guns", I get the intent for the line. Shirou recognizes that Sakura and him were projecting images of normalcy to them when really, they were both screwed up individuals during their daily lives around the time of Oath Under Snow that technically ignored those issues in order to maintain said images. So, he recognizes and breaks his image directly with that declaration to her. I also agree with Hawkeye's assessment that it is a form of meta-commentary as well.

  7. #15667
    祖 Ancestor TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,657
    Well im gad you guys can see it oter ways, but i guess its because you guys never liked Sakura or heavens feel to begin .I see it as someting made by someone wo dont like hf for peope who dont like it indeed

    And wats next? he will just MOS her witout any feeling at all and go back to enjoy his harem? What was her frakin point on the story?
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; June 25th, 2022 at 10:06 PM.

  8. #15668
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Well im gad you guys can see it oter ways, but i guess its because you guys never liked Sakura or heavens feel to begin .I see it as someting made by someone wo dont like hf for peope who dont like it indeed

    And wats next? he will just MOS her witout any feeling at all and go back to enjoy his harem? What was her frakin point on the story?
    Or people can separate things that are obviously different. In FSN characters are the way they are for a reason, reasons that are not present within Prisma and instead have development that lead them to being different. In FSN, Shirou's core starts out by his survivors guilt of the fire from the 4th HGW. That version of Kiritsugu saw the flaws of his ideals, became a much more broken and a very sad man which led to him raising Shirou with a softer heart. Shirou was sheltered and had lofty ideas of heroism. That doesn't happen in Prisma at all. There are no Einzberns, Kiritsugu was not involved in any Grail War, there is no Angra Mainyu, no fire, no survivors guilt. Unlike FSN he wasn't sheltered and traveled the world with Kiritsugu who was not kind of warm; this is a guy who threw his adopted son across the room because he suggested he celebrated his little sister's birthday and Kiritsugu was angry at the thought of treating his adoptive daughter as anything but a tool. He saw how bad the world was and wanted to be a Hero of Justice, not because it was something beautiful, but because it was his duty, something he had to do.

    Across 3rei, Shirou has shown guilt almost everytime Sakura came up. As I previously stated, the chat with Kuro covers how they view Sakura. She's a rampaging monster who cannot be saved and the only thing they can do for her is allow her to rest in peace. Her sanity is gone, she'll never be at peace. Shirou feels guilt and responsibility for what happened to Sakura, because he is responsible. If he didn't exist, Julian never would have given her the card to give Shirou in an elaborate ambush to kill them both, which she also chose to sacrifice herself for him out of love. As he said, this is his final duty. The death flags are raised once again, this time for Shirou. Sakura has become the unredeemable Gorgon, and Perseus needs to cut off her head.

    As I said before, your insistence that they be exactly the same will drive you crazy. Look at UBW where Shirou declares he and EMIYA are fundamentally different people, because they are fundamentally different. EMIYA is not who Shirou is, but someone Shirou can become. The road to becoming such a person is a very dark road, a road that Prisma has been putting him on for awhile.

  9. #15669
    祖 Ancestor TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,657
    I maybe could give it to you if tat is really the outcome, i mean, both going out.
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; June 25th, 2022 at 11:05 PM.

  10. #15670
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,294
    You don’t get to decide that “true Sakura and HF fans” need to dislike this. Just drop the manga and shut up. It goes beyond stating your opinion when you say “you must hate Sakura and HF to like this”
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  11. #15671
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    Honestly, I simply don't care anymore. Prillya had to end at least 20 chapters ago. The current arc just isn't interesting.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  12. #15672
    夜魔 Nightmare TheSkipRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    288
    US Friend Code
    380,453,554
    I think you guys are kinda missing the point of the guns line.
    The whole chapter has her say stuff like "Senpai wouldn't do [x]" or "Senpai wouldn't do [y]".
    So when he pulls out the weapons, she's obviously gonna say "Senpai wouldn't use guns", but he says it himself since he obviously knows what she's gonna say.

  13. #15673
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,294
    I wouldn't care this much if SeaDragon didn't take it so personally. Like he says "just my opinion, you can have yours" and then places his opinion as the correct one for all HF and Sakura fans. Going all "Hiroyama must hate Sakura and HF and the fans are also people who don't like Sakura and HF". Drop the ego. Acting like the voice and representative of all fans of something and trying to dictate your opinion is the only correct opinion of a "true fan" and that this thing you dislike is made by an evil meanie hater is 9999999999999999999999999x more pretentious than Prillya 3rei itself. As a Sakura and HF fan since I read the VN even before Ufo UBW was announced, I say fuck off until you learn your opinion is your own only and people who disagree aren't haters
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  14. #15674
    I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    105
    For those having a snippy about someone having sniped the translation (and because it probably got lost in all of this back-and-forth...)...



    ...It's just a sort of advance copy they did for practice. They're willing to wait for -- and in fact encourage -- killua and friends to do their own thing.

  15. #15675
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    12,171
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I say fuck off until you learn your opinion is your own only and people who disagree aren't haters
    Said the pot calling the kettle black.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

    Current FF XIV Progress


    At Current Cap:


    At A Previous Cap:


    Leveling From Scratch:

  16. #15676
    アーニャピーナッツが好き TomPen94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    THE TRUE RUN
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,860
    JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    It has begun. I'm out. Ping me when killua shows up.

  17. #15677
    Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Said the pot calling the kettle black.
    That's yoou Mr "SAO is objective shit and anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong and must be enlightened and indoctrinated into the path of the SAO hater and must blindly recite the list of flaws mentioned by my god Mother's Basement". You critic types lack so much self-awareness of how little you respect the whole "different opinions" thing. I'll never forget how hard you jumped and bothered me because I dare say that SAO is good. Different opinions are fine and dandy until someone praises a show deemed shit by the cult of anime critics with supreme objective taste
    STFU. You don't get to call me out on not respecting different opinions after you tried to indoctrnate me into hating SAO
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

  18. #15678
    夜魔 Nightmare TheSkipRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    288
    US Friend Code
    380,453,554
    Okay, that aside, on the topic of Shirou using a gun
    It ain't any fanfiction

    Fate Route literally has a choice where he and Saber look for Kerry's stash.
    Saber doesn't even get pissy about him using a gun, like what memes would have you believe.

    Then you have Nameless in Extra where he's shown as Shirou in the CG holding a sniper rifle.
    Or in CCC where he has rifles in his room.
    Or Archer Alter in FGO who turned Kansho and Bakuya into guns.
    Or regular Archer seeing Alter's guns and saying he'd want guns too (joke, but still).

  19. #15679
    Hell, even in the original F/sn when SHirou is opening his magic circuit, he thinks of a gun. Even says trigger off.
    Let's rock this joint!

  20. #15680
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    I really don't care if he use guns or not, whatever. I just think the story lost a lot of steam.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •