Page 780 of 805 FirstFirst ... 280680730770775778779780781782785790 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Onereader271 View Post
    Some of the scense that were cut were also from the battles and that's part of what made them ring hollow.
    Honestly though we may have had too much time to focus on stuff in the manga #monthly manga is suffering
    Spoiler:
    Really not sure why they added the tall buildings to the Illya vs Beatrice fight though.
    Hmm. That's true. I guess what stood out to me more were the scenes they kept in the movie that lacked weight. With how they handled what was included, I don't think adding scenes in would've fixed the core issue. Illya confronting Beatrice after their battle, Julian getting impaled by Saber's sword, Miyu using Gae Bolg on Sakura...these were all highly emotional scenes in the manga but we sped through them in the movie. Same goes for actual battle scenes as well. There was never any tension.

Nah. Not that we had too much time to focus in the manga, the movie just speed-runs through events (and outright cuts certain scenes due to said speed-running).

Spoiler:
    Yep. They could've axed those building battle scenes and simply put more weight on the action sequences they already had. Nice to spotlight Medusa mode, but they really extended those clashes needlessly.

Spoiler:
    I had some issues with that scene; mainly they didn't have the giant snow castle. There are somethings that simply have to be cut in a an adaption but it could have shown up as a background for 2 seconds and it would have been fine. As cute as the scene was having enough snow to build a giant castle in mid-summer in Japan really drove home just how far gone the world was.
    Yeah. I'd definitely have loved if they kept those scenes in, but the reason those opening scenes are still the highlight for me is simply the pacing. There's time spent on Illya getting up and looking outside, so those simple actions feel more meaningful than most other scenes; and again, that really shouldn't be the case with how many climactic moments are included.

I originally had similar thoughts but there really is not much need for Illya to deliver a box from Darius to Pandora if Illya is going to be the hope inside the box.
    I think it could still work. One of the fairies Darius and Pandora were seeing all along was Illya to begin with, so having her role with that box go further would be natural enough.

There are other options of course. The box could contain power left by the Old Gods which may be all Pandora needs to restore her functions as a "key" in the modern era. Illya may not be traveling with Pandora at the moment and bringing Illya back to the modern era could be a feat that everyone works together to accomplish.

Illya certainly doesn't need to be in the box or the only thing in the box.

Heyo,
    I'm Gem. I usually work with Kirua on the manga but don't have much of a presence on BL.

I spoke Astroprogs once on nyaa cause I had no idea how to contact em about releasing a v2 for the Licht movie.

Script for those who are using Reinforce:
    ******************file/j5VGhK5b#kTPOus...-GX2TBj7V11bUw

https://nyaa.si/view/1514362

List of minor changes from AstroSub’s script:
    • Retimed a majority of the lines to not cut off before the character is done speaking.
    • Separated lines for better flow.
    • Kept the Ruby text unlike the SNSbu release of Oath Under Snow.
    • Removed all-caps on sentences

List of major changes (not all will be documented, just ones worth mentioning):
    • Fixed a lot of typos in the original script.
    • Subbed an actual missing line in Beatrice’s exchange with Illya. (“That goes without saying!”, and a few others etc.)
    • Redid some dialogue with Beatrice and Illya
    • Fixed a line that was present in the original manga scan as well as AstroSubs regarding Magni and Thor’s ‘Divine Core’… The line present in the movie does not mention Beatrice’s prior death, but that it was because Thor’s Divine Core was destroyed. In the manga, 所有権 (shoyuuken) was translated as “Authority” which is incorrect due to Type-Moon’s established term for Authority being 権能 (kennou). In this instance, it’s actually her ownership or right to wield Mjolnir.
    • Fixed a line regarding Kuro and Sakura, the manga line with Rule Breaker is simplified in the movie version.
    • Redid line mistake regarding Berserker Install Illya and Beatrice
    • Basically redid the entire Illya vs Julian fight as there were liberties done in the anon scans that were off and new lines that AstroSubs did that are also off.
    • Fixed brand new line where Darius is mocking Julian. In existing subs, it’s incorrectly written as Julian messing up at an important time while the line spoken is saying that he still can’t do the basics of Shape Displacement (形状置換). Actual line spoken is 形状置換は基礎だというのに、まだ上手くいかないのか?あの時のように
    • Fixed brand new line where Darius speaks to Julian about Pandora trying to kill herself
    Last edited by TypeBoomer; April 13th, 2022 at 05:17 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Cool, thanks for your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Very nice, great work!

Thank you Gem!

I doubt anyone's waiting at all, but just in case, I uploaded my release. Sorry for the delay and all
    **************dex.org/chapter/fd625d3...7-a7fb9d7a9ffe

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I was waiting. Thank you, Killua
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I was waiting. Thank you, Killua
    Wow okay I'm glad I posted it here then, really appreciate it :")
    Here have a cute Pandora template:

Last edited by Killua; April 17th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    I was also waiting. I was actually interested to see the differences between the snappy translations and a proper one. Thanks for putting in the effort as always, Killua.

Now that we have a translation we know is at least 90% accurate, we can discuss things:

- So Illya can't communicate clearly as a fairy because she has to literally pour her heart into it. See, this is one of those translation differences that's important: now we know the actual reason behind the gibberish besides just the World going "fuck you, I'm going to rearrange your voicebox so you can't change the past". The other translations didn't make this very clear!
    - So that's why the film is called "Licht - The Nameless Girl" despite the girl actually having a name -- "Pandora" is the name of the Pithos itself, not the girl who is actually nameless. She only takes on the moniker of Pandora herself so Illya has something to call her.
    - We learn what Pandora's Box really is! In essence it's a bootleg Starlog, an alternate akashic record created by the Gods. Presumably Pandora would open it when the world was fucked so the recorded history could rewind to a point where there world wasn't fucked. (Which means Darius is overwriting the old world with... the old world. Welp.) Why the box would be considered to contain "evils" in proper history where the box was opened isn't yet clear though.
    - Illya dropped off the mystery chest. We still don't know what's in it though.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; April 17th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    - We learn what Pandora's Box really is! In essence it's a bootleg Starlog, an alternate akashic record created by the Gods. Presumably Pandora would open it when the world was fucked so the recorded history could rewind to a point where there world wasn't fucked. (Which means Darius is overwriting the old world with... the old world. Welp.)
    I guess the old parallels with the Moon Cell weren't too far off either, if it's some sort of omnipresent recording of Earth's history not to mention being left behind by extraterrestials (Machine Gods etc.) Then who knows how similar these things are at base. Course therein I think provides the explanation. I don't think its function is strictly rewinding, it might be like the Moon Cell's Quantum Timelock or the Theoretical Histories in Grand Order. If Pandorae is a fail-safe device, it could be that in the event of a world line that ends in human extinction or something like that, the box is supposed to overwrite it to a different one to ensure survival or something like that, but then Darius is the shitty VCR copy of a copy and has forgotten every sensible thing he was supposed to do, so now he's screwed with the program and there's suddenly giants and other nonsense approaching the catastrophic event horizon at break neck speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Wow okay I'm glad I posted it here then, really appreciate it :")
    Yes, thanks very much for your hard work, also, a gift for you in return, funny pandora.
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Dammit, hoped those would've merged, sorry for the double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Thanks for the work.

And comunication takes will hmm that really wasn't clear in other translation and it makes so much more sense.
    Though to be honest I thought it was just a matter of Pandora them not speaking the same lanuguage.

I was also waiting. I was actually interested to see the differences between the snappy translations and a proper one. Thanks for putting in the effort as always, Killua.
    No problem!

- So that's why the film is called "Licht - The Nameless Girl" despite the girl actually having a name -- "Pandora" is the name of the Pithos itself, not the girl who is actually nameless. She only takes on the moniker of Pandora herself so Illya has something to call her.
    To add to this, the pithos' name is sliiightly different. The spelling Erika uses when talking about the pithos is "Pandooraa" (or Pandōrā), but the spelling Illya uses to call her is the one we know "Pandora". My understanding is that Illya came up with it with the idea of it being a kind of a cuter spelling.
    (I used Pandōrae, the Dative/Genetive case of the latin Pandora in my release since it showed the contrast between the two spellings better than "Pandōrā", given how English speakers aren't used to seeing macrons over the letters so they might just dismiss them as opposed to an added 'e' at the end of the word. nvm me being a nerd here)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Yes, thanks very much for your hard work, also, a gift for you in return, funny pandora.
    A much appreciated gift haha. This chapter is full of meme material, you can feel Hiroyama having a blast drawing it.

Also, I did report the wrongly numbered chapters to the mangadex mods so here's to hoping they fix that before the next chapter drops.
    Update: They fixed it.
    Last edited by Killua; April 18th, 2022 at 12:55 AM.

These are definite goldmines for memes.

My contribution to society:

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Awesome to have a quality translation for this chapter. Thanks for all the effort you put in, Killua. Also happy for any translation notes (ie. Pandora v Pandōrae), so please nerd out even more if you wish ^^

Been playing with the idea of making Prisma memes, so nice to see what's being dropped in chat. Hope to contribute soon.

EDIT: An offering has been made.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by StarlightStudios; April 18th, 2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Meme Offering

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    The anime is getting a Latin American dub.

FUCK YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH.

I hope Maggie Vera, who voice Justeaze in Apocrypha, is there as Irisviel.

Edit: I got a trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4IUe6LOv8
    Last edited by OverMaster; April 18th, 2022 at 09:22 PM.

Just a reminder that there's no Prillya chapter this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Just a reminder that there's no Prillya chapter this month.
    Yea, I still aware about that so I don't have to look forward new chapter this month anymore.

Oh that explains why the timeline in the miyu world gone hay hire. Since pandora box never opened. In the certain event where earths history supposed to get rewritten by the box albeit stopping doomsday.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally believe that's also the opportunity talked in Babylonia that made AOG end.
    Because the timeline lines up
    According to this article it seems the pandora myth was written in 7th century

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-was-pandoras-box-118577

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Oh that explains why the timeline in the miyu world gone hay hire. Since pandora box never opened. In the certain event where earths history supposed to get rewritten by the box albeit stopping doomsday.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally believe that's also the opportunity talked in Babylonia that made AOG end.
    Because the timeline lines up
    According to this article it seems the pandora myth was written in 7th century

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-was-pandoras-box-118577
    I don't remember what was said about the end of AOG in Babylonia. Do you happen to have the text?

https://youtu.be/Csmou4_e_ks

It's 1:59:11 ..the scan is.
    It's one of da Vinci lecture.