Page 781 of 805 FirstFirst ... 281681731771776779780781782783786791 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,620 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Y'know, now that I think about it, I'm wondering why Silver Link decided to name Licht - The Nameless Girl what they did -- because none of the film reached the point where we learn that Pandora never had a name. Sure, Darius gave her a bunch of names, but we had no reason to believe that Pandora wasn't really her given name either; that's a twist we only get to in the current manga chapter.

I'm pondering if Licht - The Nameless Girl and the upcoming sequel were originally meant to be a single film, but the runtime for it all ended up being way too long so they had to divide it into two parts. It would go a long way to explaining the questionable decisions behind the cliffhanger, release date amid current manga progress, and conspicuous lack of bonus scenes.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I agree that Licht gives me strong Nanoha Reflection “planned with the sequel in mind” vibe.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I mean we really got this "twist" in last month's chapter, so I don't really think that the dates add up, but it sure is a very weird name choice now that you mention it. Could it be that Hiroyama's slow progress was the reason they had to cut the movie this way? Though I don't see any way they could have fitted the content up to last month's chapter in one movie even if we suppose that Hiroyama had released bigger chapters and gotten there much earlier... (I suppose we all agree that it was Hiroyama who gave them the name with this "twist" in mind, it can't be a coincidence. Unless Hiroyama was influenced by the movie and thus decided to add this plot point later but I highly doubt that)

Pandora was not really named in the first ever work when she was mentioned.
    So it's probably something hiroyama already had in mind

Just to point out there is actually a chapter called "The Nameless Girl" 53.3 on mangadex which the movie did sort of cover.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Most of the cast for the Latin American dub was announced. Interestingly, Armando Coria returns as Waver from Fate Apocrypha, and Maggie Vera (Bubbles in Powerpuff Girls, Fluttershy in My Little Pony) plays Irisviel after playing Justeaze in Apocrypha as well.

Oh no. The title is not why I say it was a case of split into two parts like Reflection and Detonation. I very much doubt a single movie could've covered until this interlude, even if chapters were longer and released more frequently. Given how we know Hiro assisted with stuff in the movie and was the one to suggest the cliffhanger ending, it could've been him who suggested the title. I say it more because of the skipped stuff (more notably, everything related to Kuro getting the origin bullet) and the cliffhanger ending with the confirmation that another movie is coming
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Most of the cast for the Latin American dub was announced. Interestingly, Armando Coria returns as Waver from Fate Apocrypha, and Maggie Vera (Bubbles in Powerpuff Girls, Fluttershy in My Little Pony) plays Irisviel after playing Justeaze in Apocrypha as well.

I know any Dvoices of DEEN fate cant come back because tat was a venezuelan dub and now is mexico, but i see Jocelyn Robles is not playng Rin like in Last encore

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    I know any Dvoices of DEEN fate cant come back because tat was a venezuelan dub and now is mexico, but i see Jocelyn Robles is not playng Rin like in Last encore
    To be honest, they always could make a cooperative dub, like the Full Metal Alchemist redub and My Hero Academia did, but I think that out of everyone in the DEEN series, only Taiga, Illya, Sakura, Assassin and Shinji are still active.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Movie watched.

Overall enjoyable. It's a shame about the cut bits and ends, though. The CGI in Illya vs. Beatrice was the jankiest of the movie by far, with Julian's looking non-offensive by comparison. The overuse of the gritty filter was a real shame; it got to the point where I just thought 'oh here we go again.' I can't say I'm sold on the screen darkening? blurring? filter during the pre-steps portion of Illya vs. Beatrice representing madness either. It wasn't the worst way to go about it, but there had to have been a more aesthetically pleasing way to do it. It's a really shame that much of the movie's color pallet is brown and gray; this is a magical girl movie! Add some more color! The emotional stuff hit pretty well though; as usual, props to the cast. Sakura ballet dancing was a great touch.

What a dick ending though lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The overuse of the gritty filter was a real shame; it got to the point where I just thought 'oh here we go again.' I can't say I'm sold on the screen darkening? blurring? filter during the pre-steps portion of Illya vs. Beatrice representing madness either. It wasn't the worst way to go about it, but there had to have been a more aesthetically pleasing way to do it.
    I agree with you, but just one thing to note. The filter was there to show Beatrice slowly losing her memories and her mind going blank from that. At least that's what I remember the director saying during the live-watch stream they did a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Onereader271 View Post
    Just to point out there is actually a chapter called "The Nameless Girl" 53.3 on mangadex which the movie did sort of cover.
    I ended up re-reading the manga because I'm doing a dumb story synopsis, and it turns out that chapter did in fact explain that Pandora was initially nameless and became known by the name of the Box. So it was actually done already and I somehow glossed over it. Whoops!

No new chapter this month.
    Just checked magazine Comp-Ace July Issues's menu.

Quote Originally Posted by yflash_95 View Post
    No new chapter this month.
    Just checked magazine Comp-Ace July Issues's menu.
    How strange I didn't want you to be right so I checked myself but yeah looks like no new chapter.

Looking at the authors twitter there was some kind of a pop up shop for the movie and an upcoming collab with Crash Fever (not really sure what that is looks like a mobile game) Wonder if they were just to busy to get a chapter out.
    Last edited by Onereader271; May 25th, 2022 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    Y'know, now that I think about it, I'm wondering why Silver Link decided to name Licht - The Nameless Girl what they did -- because none of the film reached the point where we learn that Pandora never had a name. Sure, Darius gave her a bunch of names, but we had no reason to believe that Pandora wasn't really her given name either; that's a twist we only get to in the current manga chapter.

I'm pondering if Licht - The Nameless Girl and the upcoming sequel were originally meant to be a single film, but the runtime for it all ended up being way too long so they had to divide it into two parts. It would go a long way to explaining the questionable decisions behind the cliffhanger, release date amid current manga progress, and conspicuous lack of bonus scenes.
    The movie gets to the point where Pandora would have her origin story, they just skipped it. Chapter 53.3 titled The Nameless Girl. In the very beginning of the chapter, it's explained that the Olympians created her out of mud, given her the gift of Pandora; all-gift, and nothing else. At the end of the Chapter, it's said that within time she was named after the pithos. This origin story also explains what Pandora's Box is. I feel really bad for anime-only viewers.

Movies are a mistake. A shame, because they show there's the potential in the staff to deliver a fun show to anime-onlies, but movie runtime forces too many cuts even with Hiroyama helping
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Movies are a mistake. A shame, because they show there's the potential in the staff to deliver a fun show to anime-onlies, but movie runtime forces too many cuts even with Hiroyama helping
    Agreed, it would have definitely been better as an anime. Though it seems that the franchise as a whole seems to be switching to doing more movies overall so the team working on this may not have had much of a say about the format.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Movies would have been good had they been able to secure funding and talent for movie-level animation, but they just ended up with something around the level of what you'd see in an average to below average anime season.

I came to watch lolis suffer and got exactly what I was looking for.

598,535,004 (NA)

The shift to film format was good for Vow under the Snow since it was as good as a standalone film as it was as a companion piece to PRISMAILLYA, but I agree that switching back to episodic format definitely would've been better after the primary cast and plot came back. As was evidenced by Licht - The Nameless Girl's deviations and stopping point, a single film was simply not enough to cover the final arc of 3rei!!, even with everything that they left on the cutting room floor. Hell, until the manga ends, we don't even know if the sequel film can cover the rest.

It feels like they're trying to power through All Of The Things in response to the 3rei!!'s glaring arc fatigue. On one hand, this is totally understandable seeing as 3rei!! is still ongoing with no clear stopping point. On the other hand, Silver Link has now hit a point where they're waiting on the manga like the rest of us, so the rush job becomes glaringly obvious in hindsight. Unless they do the Dragon Ball Z Super thing, time that could've been spent keeping the PRISMAILLYA anime faithful to the manga is now being spent idly twiddling their thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onereader271 View Post
    Looking at the authors twitter there was some kind of a pop up shop for the movie and an upcoming collab with Crash Fever (not really sure what that is looks like a mobile game) Wonder if they were just to busy to get a chapter out.
    Decided to poke into this myself, and it looks like Crash Fever is something akin to a faster-paced Puzzle & Dragons. They showcased the crossover in a Twitter stream: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1mnGedOBdnoKX (Segment starts at 23:12, seems to end at 39:00.)

Interestingly, this is not the first time PRISMAILLYA has had a crossover with it. More interestingly, I think it might be the first time the Ainsworths have featured in any crossovers.

Also, they are openly calling Pandora by her real name and not by Erika. Hope most non-manga viewers are up to date on Licht, because uh... that's THE​ omega spoiler of the series.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; May 26th, 2022 at 07:33 AM.