Page 790 of 805 FirstFirst ... 290690740780785788789790791792795800 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,800 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Quote Originally Posted by Onereader271 View Post
    I wouldn't say Shiro was compassionate to puppet Shinji. Puppet Shinji was just weak. I took a look at the chapter where Shiro fought Shinji and all of the scenes where Shiro had any look of compassion in he was reminiscing about Sakura or thinking about saving Miyu. There was one panel where he it looked like Shiro said thank you to Shinji while him Shinji but the sentence started with Sakura on the previous page. The look in Shiro's eyes when Looking directly at Shinji just showed he wanted Shinji gone as soon as possible.
    PS. SeaDragon
    Happy to have a civil discussion with you but please PM any response to this.

Ok

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seigi no Mikata View Post
    What is he being pretentious about?

Shirou is typically hot headed. He was ready to murder Shinji in Fate Route during the Blood Fort sitution at the school. This level of aggression isn't new. He displayed it against Puppet Shinji as well. Nothing about that fight was compassionate. This version of Sakura is no longer Sakura, this coming from Shirou's own words. She is an evil wrath.
    Apparently disliking an story means you can be a dick to the author for no reason. Criticism and opiniona have limits, and insulting real people like authors or fans goes beyond said limits. But of course, good luck getting critics to admit this. They're all pretentious fuckheads who think everything is allowed and they can do nothing wrong as long as it's cirticisim. As long as it's to show you've superior taste you can be an asshole
    But God forbid anyone is an asshole to the Holy Critics. Going against the Holy Critics is clearly the worst kind of blasphemy, so now that I've done that, I await the critic inquistion to come for me and torture me for my crimes of rebellion against the Critic Dictatorship
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Dude, its hiroyama your dad or someting?

"Pretentious" is not even an insult, people on tis board talk crap about typ moon creators everytime, wit similar words or worse. Noting personal, but i will put you in ignore list, ironic coming from me, but you get too defenssive always

Last edited by TheSeaDragon; July 22nd, 2022 at 01:53 PM.

Dude. did Hiroyama murder your family and rape them or something?

"Pretentious" IS an insult and other people playing the asshole critic game doesn't give you the right to join in. Notice how I talked "critics" in general. If others have directed insults and bad words at authors, my post goes against them as well. It's time to stop. The normalization of insulting real people like that because you don't like a movie/show they made is one of the reasons I hate how criticism is put in a pedestal and critics believe they're never doing anything wrong when they insult fans and authors of certain stories. If criticism means insulting people, criticism needs to stop now until you assholes learn to criticise shit while being respectful and not insulting people.
    Treat others like how you want to be treated. If you're fine with insulting others, then that must mean you want to be insulted and you're fine being insulted yourself
    If you dislike insults towards your person, don't use them against others
    Last edited by bassgs435; July 22nd, 2022 at 02:01 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

ok, now tis goes beyond ....were you draw te line of an insult? so nobody can voice opinions unless its positive ?

To anyone else, someone on reddit gave me a new perspective , tat siro is far from goind "steel" here, and te "cut" at end is more pointing te contrary, he does not have te heart to end Sakura , could have don it already if it was te case, and was acting tougt

Yes. When talking about people, "negative opinions" are just insults and being rude. Or rather, that you can't figure negative opinions that aren't insults shows you should stop the criticism thing until you can learn how to criticise politely. Again, treat others like how you want to be treated. Shouldn't be that hard. You crying because saying "don't insult people" is some fucking opression and it's horrible is a perfect example of why I hate critics. "Criticism" is just an excuse to be a shit person and when called out, critics can't handle it. Critics legit don't know how to express their opinions politely and yet people wonder why I'm so jaded against criticism and have become so anti-criticism
    The idea of "criticising politely without insulting real people like the author or fans" is alien and extremely shocking to 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of internet critics. People hate "4chan edgelords" and politics informed by 4chan posts. But many aspects of anime critic culture and mindset come from 4chan edgelords wanting to be offensive and prove they're above others
    Critics are no different from "incels". It's just "incels" shit on women and "critics" shit on writers. Different targets, same atittude of thinking they're entitled to hate
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quite extreme view you have, but watever

Here we have it, a critic saying "be nice to people, even authors and fans of works you dislike" is an extreme view. And people wonder why I hate critics?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Welcome to internet, enjoy your stance

Now serious, i doubt creators, and specally japanese, will lose any sleep over a messag board, tey will still do wat tey want

It's still not cool to be throwing insults around. And again, "others do it" is a terrible excuse. Would you accept "others do it. It's normal in the internet" to justify hompophobia or racial slurs like the N word?. "they won't see it, so it doesn't matter", so do you think creating some secret Discord or message board where people can be racist and homophobic and shit is OK because the targets of hate won't see those awful messages?. Basic human decency should be active at all times
    You're just proving me right about how awful you and other critifcs are if you seriously must cling to such pathetic excuses to insult other human beings who have done nothing wrong (besides making an story you don't like. But that isn't an awful crime or atrocity or anything. It comes with the territory of making stories because no story will appeal to everyone)
    Now, I remember. Because of this mindset of "he'll never see it", people threw lots of vitriol at Maeda for Day I became A God. The man went into a severe depression and almost killed himself, so your "criticisms" (insults) towards these people are never 100% safe and harmless. CRITIC CULTURE ALMOST MADE A MAN KILL HIMSELF AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I HATE CRITICS
    Last edited by bassgs435; July 22nd, 2022 at 06:51 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Personally, I think the story is attempting to impress by affecting greater emotion than what's actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    It's still not cool to be throwing insults around. And again, "others do it" is a terrible excuse. Would you accept "others do it. It's normal in the internet" to justify hompophobia or racial slurs like the N word?. "they won't see it, so it doesn't matter", so do you think creating some secret Discord or message board where people can be racist and homophobic and shit is OK because the targets of hate won't see those awful messages?. Basic human decency should be active at all times
    You're just proving me right about how awful you and other critifcs are if you seriously must cling to such pathetic excuses to insult other human beings who have done nothing wrong (besides making an story you don't like. But that isn't an awful crime or atrocity or anything. It comes with the territory of making stories because no story will appeal to everyone)
    Now, I remember. Because of this mindset of "he'll never see it", people threw lots of vitriol at Maeda for Day I became A God. The man went into a severe depression and almost killed himself, so your "criticisms" (insults) towards these people are never 100% safe and harmless. CRITIC CULTURE ALMOST MADE A MAN KILL HIMSELF AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I HATE CRITICS
    I'm not trying to defend the other idiot but personally I think trying to enforce human decency/manners on internet is pointless. For what reason even? save that for when you are talking face to face with people but I think we shouldn't need to hide nothing here when we are all a bunch of faceless mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Welcome to internet, enjoy your stance

Now serious, i doubt creators, and specally japanese, will lose any sleep over a messag board, tey will still do wat tey want
    Still means you're a bad person. You're not even criticizing; you're just bashing because you're mad over your ship becoming tragic. Your feelings about the characters at this point has been made well aware. No point in even trying to hide it. Remember what makes HF beautiful is the tragic things that Shirou and Sakura overcame and you're spitting on it. In Prisma, both Shirou and Sakura loved each other. They were each other's own source of happiness and normalcy and projected that to each other. Both turned to the worse in a very tragic way. The people they were and the happiness they had is forever gone. Shirou has stepped deeper into EMIYA territory than ever, and Sakura has gone Gorgon.

I'm not going to fault you for being upset or not liking it but keep it respectful. If you are going to try to criticize, then do better. Throwing blanket insults isn't criticism. If you think it's pretentious, then explain why. Explaining your insults is the difference between criticism and trash talking. Hiroyama put 16 years of his life into this project, it's 99% of his professional career. Something that he has done out of love that came at the detriment of his health. Trash talking him because you're mad that your ship turned tragic makes you look like a POS.

I apolgize if my usage of words to autors work was poor . I will not explain my connection to Sakura here, you guys could give me oter perspective witout insulting me, and funny talk about bein "nice" in a board wer peopl litrally laugt at me sor someting as dumb as a broken key
    I retire for good from tis topic, and i will just talk future capters in PM with onereader and some oter posters. Bye

PD : Curios, i never saw anyon calling a poster "idiot " and "POS" for saying anyting about Sakurai, Igaside or any FGO writer , and dont repy tis, i want to keep my word of retiring . Anyting you guys can tell me, PM,just you know, you are makin a real person feeling bad just for a manga
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; July 23rd, 2022 at 02:22 PM.

To bring it back more to Prillya itself, what part of this would even remotely be considered pretentious? Is it just the feeling, like Gaugen said, that Hiroyama tries to pull off big set pieces and conclusions to arcs without the necessary ("earned") setup? Because to me, that doesn't imply being pretentious, it implies being a bad writer. I feel like pretentiousness requires intent. For example, you could fairly easily say Urobuchi is pretentious in writing FZ when it comes to his anti-war (or anti-honor, as it actually were) passages, since the intent there is clear but it doesn't necessarily carry its own weight when analyzed a bit more closely. Hiroyama's scenes, in later chapters of 3rei particularly, don't feel whatsoever like such an intent is there. What it does feel like is a writer who's burned out with his story and is beginning to lose interest, or perhaps just repeatedly slipping up in terms of writing quality, and the execution just isn't there. The scenes meant to be impactful aren't, but as a result of lacking buildup, rather than pretentious intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

One last post from me

I was wrong. Lets see, i implied a lot of times, tat iroyama is biased against Sakura, but ..... i got tis perspective, tere is tree main girls, and and teir versions here

Saber : Ws a monster of te week ten an install. Bot siros never met her

Rin; A bit relevant as caracter , but sipping wise, just get lame jokes wit illya siro and always competing wit Luvia

Maybe...Sakura still got te best.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    This will feel out of place now but I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding here.
    I don't quite know why Hiroyama's tweet made SeaDragon think of "pretentious", but I don't think that warranted the reaction it got here. I think bassgs immediately jumping to "Critics as snowflakes" didn't help, and I think SeaDragon failed to properly express himself on his responses. I might be talking out of my ass here, but I don't think SeaDragon fancies himself as a "critic", and similarly I think taking bassgs's post as "no negativity allowed" was shortsighted. That being said I think this was an avoidable incident.

"Pretentious" isn't necessarily an insult, and my take on it is similar to fumei's. I don't think Hiroyama is pretentious in his writing, but I do think Prillya has suffered from some blunders in the writing. I'm not even sure 3rei was originally envisioned to last this long, especially given how short the first two parts were, so I agree some disinterest might be seeping in.
    burn your dread you coward

exactly, i never sold myself as some "critic"

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Yeah, I can definitely sense the fatigue setting in. We've seen by now that Hiroyama had long since hashed out the premise, backstory, and finale of Prillya, but meshing them all together in a way that works was the easy part. The hard part is filling in all the blanks in between in a way that keeps the story interesting, and as someone who dabbles in (fanfic) writing myself, I can say with confidence that the required "filling" has absurd exponential growth depending on the plot, and constructing it is exhausting. Hiroyama is a doujin artist who normally does oneshot stories, so if he underestimated the maintenance a full-on seinen manga would need and just wants it to end as much as we do, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

You can see it clearly by comparing the first manga and 2wei! to 3rei!!. The first two Prillya mangas were almost-disconnected Slice of Life fests with Fate things thrown in, and the plot was (presumed at the time to be) negligible and gratuitous, so they didn't need nearly as much TLC. On the other hand, 3rei!! comes off as an attempt to speed through the main plot all at once, but Hiroyama underestimated just how much he would need to get through, so what was supposed to be a short-and-simple sequel ends up looking like the drawn-out finale of a One Piece arc. If he had a better bead on the actual story length, I imagine he would've divided the plot among the three Prillya mangas a lot more sensibly.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; July 24th, 2022 at 08:45 PM.

Dude started an illya doujin based on a super funny ataraxia segment.." Kaleid Rin" and ended in a someting closer to a urobuchis work , not saying is good or bad, tis time, but te change form first season to now is noticeable, and as i said in te anime tread, i dont tink it mixes wit silverlink well anymore . But Miyu was always there, so i guess it was planned, but as you said, flawed