Page 726 of 805 FirstFirst ... 226626676716721724725726727728731736776 ... LastLast
Results 14,501 to 14,520 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Because only Zero, KnK, DEEN Fate, DEEN UBW and Tsukihime existed (yes, I know le ebin "no Tsukihime anime" meme. Let me make a point without referencing it) then. So Prisma was like the second good Nasuverse TV show. There were less people into the manga and nasuverse stuff in general, so it was easier to impress the public. It also helps that Hiro has improved far more than SL have, so SL art is seen as lacking now when compared to the manga (which wasn't the case for the stuff covered in earlier seasons when Hiro's art was rougher).
    Now, the manga has a better art style. People know they can expect better from Fate (or have been spoiled) and are into the manga.
    So, opinions change. I still think people are too rough on SL, even if they deserve criticism.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Silver Link has a consistency problem where their animation quality swings extremely between shows and seasons.

Prisma Season 1-3, Rakudai Kishi, and half of Oath Under Snow are excellent, but then there's stuff like Chaos Dragon, 3rei, and the other half of Oath Under Snow that goes hard in the opposite direction.

This first episode of 2wei has a scene that's better animated than anything else in 3rei and the season ends strong with Bazett beating up schoolgirls.

598,535,004 (NA)

Wow that horn effect in the bgm there is the same one that's heavily featured in OuS' EMIYA. That's a nice musical callback or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    silver link was treated as the golden boy after the first season, its funny to see people be all "oh no its silver link again UGH" now
    Well credit where credit is due, they had some pretty cool staff around for S1 (Minoru fucking Maeda, can't get over how sick that is) and parts of the 2wei animes. Thing is, even S1 which is considered the "outstanding" prillya adaptation had several issues changing stuff from the source which I consider quite awful. It kept going downhill from there both in the adaptation and production quality areas, my interest in the anime adaptation of the series has reached essentially 0. Staff for the movie's currently unnanounced so I guess I can grasp a bit of hope there but eh... It'll probably be SL again and that just makes my interest fade completely. Maybe the TM higherups will finally wake up and demand actual quality work for Prillya to stand equal beside all the Fate animes that have been coming out with outstanding talent behind them.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    sudden nakaya onsen illya
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Chances of it not being SL are 0. I just hope they get more freelancer talent this time around.

Since nobody posted it, it was confirmed to be real

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Hiroyama's come a long way with drawing Saber Illya.

Spoiler:

598,535,004 (NA)

Yep we gettin another chapter this month already

https://twitter.com/GrandOrderBot/st...51089216315402
    Last edited by Doti; May 21st, 2020 at 10:19 PM.

Star been posting translations for Prillya mats with Hiroyama comments for those interested

https://twitter.com/StarKaleid/statu...66347757088768

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kirei, you're being ripped off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Translation for this month's chapter
    **************dex.org/chapter/904031

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    I had a feeling something wasn't right when the giant cube got smashed without a Grail wish. Apparently Pandora's Pithos isn't the cube, but the angry black hellvoid spewing grail mud that was inside the cube.

On the bright side, that means Pandora gets a chance to live after the final boss did... that.

On the not so bright side... here comes the final boss. We're still not done.

On the even less brighter side... the next issue is in August (or late July). Oof.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; May 25th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Where is Chapter 54?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    their version of Prisma anime is still worth watching. That one episode of 3rei was the one part that was truly horrible. So, I say bring it
    Also, blame Hiroyama for them needing to make a movie of an still ongoing arc. Looks to me like they can't wait anymore without fearing people will lose interest in the anime side of Prisma completely (look at what happened to SnK due to the wait beeteween S1 and S2).
    I disagree.

The anime post S1 changes more and more things and it just becomes ugly (not only animation wise). It's not just that one episode of 3rei (which btw was the most anticipated and should've been, if anything, their main focus) that was bad, it was anything past the first half of 2wei.
    Already dividing 2wei into a decent half season and an almost full filler one was stupid, but they fucked up the final fight in 2wei with Gilgamesh too, and they forced a different ending that was obviously meant to give them freedom to add more and more fillers in 3rei, before starting with the true plot.

I think it turned out to be such a bad move they had to forcefully retcon it in the very first episode of 3rei, going back on track with the adaptation, that was still pretty subpar and disappointing. So no, it's not just one episode of 3rei that's bad, it was a trend of declining quality since 2wei.

Also, I really don't think you can blame Hiroyama for being sick and having problems. And definetly he shouldn't be blamed for them deciding to make a movie now: first of all, it's not just the fact that's an ogoing arc, it's the fact that they already screwed part of a movie that adapted a much shorter arc and there's no way they could fit everything in this new one. Second, the comparison with SnK is not accurate imho, since we're talking about Fate, a very active franchise that constantly puts out new content and keeps itself at the centre of attention. Also, fans are pretty passionate and FGO is basically a promotional platform for whatever they need, there is no fear of readers losing interest.

They had no reason for rushing a new adaptation.

How wrong you are. The split in 2wei was because 10 episodes would be too rushed. Fillers because 20 episodes was too much and they couldn't go into 3rei.
    Different ending? They had no idea 3rei was gonna be greenlit until last minute, and a cliffhanger ending with no continuation in sight is not a good idea-. You're also exhaggerating HARD their fuck ups and ignoring how the manga's irregular schedule affects things . While also using "it's fate and FGO exists" as a way to ignore worries of interest loss in the anime side, which I don't think is that simple
    You're acting like yet another of many source fanboys who go "adaptation complete crap. Anime staff=satan. Author and original source can't do anything wrong"
    S1 was fine
    2wei was fine
    3rei was fine
    OUTS is fine.
    SL is fine. My mind remains unchanged. I've seen horrible adaptations and Prisma isn't one of them. (I still rage about Devil Survivor 2, Blazblue, Demonbane or Dies irae) . Sorry, that's how things stand for me

I see to much demonization of SL (like assuming the 2wei split was for the hell of it or that they wanted to make fillers in 3rei. Also, shitting on the Gil fight when it was great, or assuming they didn't want to focus on that one episode of 3rei, which is why it was a disaster.) to think you're arguing in good faith. So, let's drop this here
    Go reread the manga if you want that. All I want is at least, an anime that isn't a complete disaster and stands on it's own, which Prisma is, according to lots of people (Hell, the most complaints the anime gets is the fanservice from the BD specials and OVAs, generally). Long as it clears that requirement, everything else's a bonus, frankly
    Last edited by bassgs435; May 26th, 2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    2wei Herz! felt like a good example of sticking to the pattern too hard. The animators kept with their game plan of "the plot is the season, the filler is the OVAs" which worked great for Seasons 1 and 2, but the flaw in that plan quickly started to show in Season 3 when the latter half of the 2wei! manga ended up being 90% filler - they had no plot to adapt for most of the season. They'd have been better off just doing 2wei! as one big season with less filler and more lead up to Bazett and Gilgamesh (or, horror of horrors, make some original content to bridge the gaps). The pattern definitely works better for the 3rei!! anime, but the 3rei!! manga being unfinished puts a big damper on that.

The biggest problem with an adaptation is choosing whether or not to paper over certain cracks that the original had, as shoddy papering just makes the cracks more obvious. I did enjoy the anime and liked some of the changes, but I certainly wasn't blind to the sillier ones. My biggest bone of contention is the 2wei Herz! ending: I didn't mind the change, but I did mind that they didn't do anything with it. I fully expected Angelica and Beatrice going on a manhunt in Fuyuki City at the start of 3rei!!​ which would've been awesome, but instead they bridged 2wei Herz! and 3rei!! with the same filler scene and just contrived a reason for everyone to go to the warp zone.

As for the upcoming film, it's... definitely a weird choice to adapt a story arc that isn't yet finished. That can only end so many different ways, all of them bad: we'll either get an alternate ending totally separate from the manga, the film will end on a massive cliffhanger, or the manga gets hella rushed before the film comes out.

...Or Hiroyama could pull a fast one and give us the planned ending in the film ahead of the manga? :V
    Last edited by Some Jerk; May 26th, 2020 at 09:16 AM.

I expect the film to end as a cliffhanger and with the announcement of another fim or something. It's not ideal, but hey, works for HF and GuP
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hiroyama seems really distressed about ponytails

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.