Page 779 of 805 FirstFirst ... 279679729769774777778779780781784789 ... LastLast
Results 15,561 to 15,580 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Quote Originally Posted by flood55 View Post
    It's small, but there are a couple of added effects. I noticed this one in particular with the added shock wave in this and the preceding scene. (left: original, right: blu ray).
    Not that much different but seem little.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Dammit, why am I tearing up while subbing this movie lol

Finally done. I'll do the final checks tomorrow, and if things are looking good, I'll release it tomorrow as well.

Thanks for your work^^

Do you guys think Hiroshi and Silver Link's staff intentionally cut some scenes in order to make who didn't read manga to read original manga?

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    I really don't think that's the reason, looking at the bonus content from all the other home releases. Not only has Silver Link animated literally every part of the manga up to the 3rei!! mid-point (where Vow in the Snow starts), they even did some entirely new skits not seen in the manga. It's why I'm so surprised the BD release of Licht - The Nameless Girl didn't have all the cut content as bonus material.

...Or so I'm lead to believe, as no one has made any mention of such things yet. Does anyone know what bonus material it did have, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    I really don't think that's the reason, looking at the bonus content from all the other home releases. Not only has Silver Link animated literally every part of the manga up to the 3rei!! mid-point (where Vow in the Snow starts), they even did some entirely new skits not seen in the manga. It's why I'm so surprised the BD release of Licht - The Nameless Girl didn't have all the cut content as bonus material.

...Or so I'm lead to believe, as no one has made any mention of such things yet. Does anyone know what bonus material it did have, if any?
    Both releases have the same length, and the BD version didn't have any extra stuff aside from the ost CD, at least according to the KoushinRips

The subs are out now on a certain cat website

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Onereader271 View Post
    Thanks for your work^^
    You're most welcome!
    Last edited by Astroprogs; April 4th, 2022 at 12:32 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again for your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Holy shit. Thanks for your hard work.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Killua View Post
    Both releases have the same length, and the BD version didn't have any extra stuff aside from the ost CD, at least according to the KoushinRips
    Dang, that's unfortunate. Maybe they'll crop up in the sequel...

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post

Enjoy
    As I said before I won't be grabbing it right now, but I appreciate your work all the same. Once the sequel is out you better believe I'll be all over your subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post

Enjoy

You're most welcome!
    Thank you very much.

Question though. Subtitles appear about 2 seconds before anyone says anything, is that an issue on my end?
    Last edited by Seigi no Mikata; April 5th, 2022 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Thanks again for your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Holy shit. Thanks for your hard work.
    You're most welcome, hope you enjoy

As I said before I won't be grabbing it right now, but I appreciate your work all the same. Once the sequel is out you better believe I'll be all over your subs.
    No worries mate, though I personally think that we won't see the sequel before 2 to 3 years, so you may have to wait a lot for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seigi no Mikata View Post
    Thank you very much.

Question though. Subtitles appear about 2 seconds before anyone says anything, is that an issue on my end?
    This was timed to the bluray version. Either use it with the bluray, or use your player's hotkeys to delay the subs until they're on time for you..

Alright I'll give the movie a solid 7; 8 if some of the skipped scenes show up as flash backs in the next movie. That said it really feels like this would have been better as an anime than a movie.
    Last edited by Onereader271; April 6th, 2022 at 09:13 PM.

死者 Corpse
    Find it weird that on MangaDex somebody made a Ch 69.2 upload but it's literally just the second half of the Interlude previously uploaded

Looking at the first half they uploaded, they were apparently undecided if they would translate the rest of it or not (and actually wrote that on the "last" page). Even though the other guy there did a better, faster job, and even changed his Interlude to Chapter 68.5. Not that I don't appreciate him finishing what he started, but come on.

But I will choose not to whine about it and instead take away that there are English-speaking people other than us who care about PRISMA☆ILLYA, which is reassuring.

Sigh well as long as the next two chapters are 69.1 and 69.2 this will probably just force people to read on Mangadex and leave the scraper sites with junk. The spelling mistakes in the worse translation make me wonder if English is actually the language they speak though.
    Last edited by Onereader271; April 7th, 2022 at 11:56 AM.

Theory time
    How long do you think Illya will experience in the past?
    Leaping backwards in the past did not seem to take long but there seem to be restrictions on movement towards the present.
    I see three main possibilities.
    1 The full 6000+ years for maximum despair.
    2 Just the time spent directly observing and interacting with Pandora/Darius. With Illya showing up every so often to follow back to the present.
    3. Illya is stuck observing for the full length of time even when not interacting but gets pulled back to the present when her friends remember her.

Also possible Illya enters Pandora's box but it seems increasingly likely that Darius box is the hope at the bottom and Illya will need to find another way.

All speculation would not be surprised to see the author do something else.

But I will choose not to whine about it and instead take away that there are English-speaking people other than us who care about PRISMA☆ILLYA, which is reassuring.
    *makes a joke about 4chan folks being "people"*

(Anyway, sorry about the delay, dealing with lots of stuff IRL as I just moved to Japan. I will still do my release of the chapter as usual once I find the time).

US Friend Code
    Alright I'll give the movie a solid 7; 8 if some of the skipped scenes show up as flash backs in the next movie. That said it really feels like this would have been better as an anime than a movie.
    Yeah. I'd give it a 7 as well, but not due to certain scenes being cut.

Despite featuring three key battles, none of them felt like they had enough weight behind them. Beatrice's sorrow, Sakura's madness, and Julian's denial...it all rang hollow with how rushed things felt. There was never enough time or focus to make most moments move me as a viewer like they did in the manga. Same goes for plenty of character moments throughout those battles as well.

The opening scenes of the movie, where they get out of bed and play in the snow, even where they go to visit Erika, are actually the highlights of the movie for me...and that shouldn't be the case.

Theory time
    How long do you think Illya will experience in the past?
    Leaping backwards in the past did not seem to take long but there seem to be restrictions on movement towards the present.
    I see three main possibilities.
    1 The full 6000+ years for maximum despair.
    2 Just the time spent directly observing and interacting with Pandora/Darius. With Illya showing up every so often to follow back to the present.
    3. Illya is stuck observing for the full length of time even when not interacting but gets pulled back to the present when her friends remember her.

Also possible Illya enters Pandora's box but it seems increasingly likely that Darius box is the hope at the bottom and Illya will need to find another way.

All speculation would not be surprised to see the author do something else.
    I don't expect Illya was conscious for thousands of years. Seems likely that she kept jumping to points along Pandora's timeline where she could interact. Illya didn't seem to miss a beat when she reappeared and pointed out Pandora's lack of friends, and even just one century of consciousness would do that much. It's possible Illya experiences time differently as a fairy but that only introduces issues without offering much benefit.

That said, it's hard to imagine Pandora having the expression she does now if she was still trapped within the Earth for thousands of years in complete solitude. Also difficult to imagine Illya visiting Pandora in that state. Maybe Illya found a way to reside within Pandora up through the present day, making her the "hope" that lies in the vessel called Pandora. Heck, the box Illya gave Pandora might be what allows this; meaning that chest is just an empty box for Pandora to fill. The idea of Illya being the hope within Pandora's "box" fits all the better this way. Also lines up perfectly with the concept of the Holy Grail and the theme of where people entrust their wishes.

At that point, Illya would be "resting" up until the present day. Like a feeling in Pandora's heart that she can reach out to and engage as needed. So with the final stage being set, and Pandora preparing to take a stand, she'll become the "key" to restoring the world. Not the fake world created by the Old Gods, but the present world filled with others who wish for Illya's return and a continued future. And at this point in time, literally everyone in the world, including Darius, is wishing for Illya's return.

However Hiroyama plays it, the finale will be beautiful and I look forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightStudios View Post
    Yeah. I'd give it a 7 as well, but not due to certain scenes being cut.

Despite featuring three key battles, none of them felt like they had enough weight behind them. Beatrice's sorrow, Sakura's madness, and Julian's denial...it all rang hollow with how rushed things felt. There was never enough time or focus to make most moments move me as a viewer like they did in the manga. Same goes for plenty of character moments throughout those battles as well.
    Some of the scense that were cut were also from the battles and that's part of what made them ring hollow.
    Honestly though we may have had too much time to focus on stuff in the manga #monthly manga is suffering
    Spoiler:
    Really not sure why they added the tall buildings to the Illya vs Beatrice fight though.

The opening scenes of the movie, where they get out of bed and play in the snow, even where they go to visit Erika, are actually the highlights of the movie for me...and that shouldn't be the case.
    Spoiler:
    I had some issues with that scene; mainly they didn't have the giant snow castle. There are somethings that simply have to be cut in a an adaption but it could have shown up as a background for 2 seconds and it would have been fine. As cute as the scene was having enough snow to build a giant castle in mid-summer in Japan really drove home just how far gone the world was.

That said, it's hard to imagine Pandora having the expression she does now if she was still trapped within the Earth for thousands of years in complete solitude. Also difficult to imagine Illya visiting Pandora in that state. Maybe Illya found a way to reside within Pandora up through the present day, making her the "hope" that lies in the vessel called Pandora. Heck, the box Illya gave Pandora might be what allows this; meaning that chest is just an empty box for Pandora to fill. The idea of Illya being the hope within Pandora's "box" fits all the better this way. Also lines up perfectly with the concept of the Holy Grail and the theme of where people entrust their wishes.

At that point, Illya would be "resting" up until the present day. Like a feeling in Pandora's heart that she can reach out to and engage as needed. So with the final stage being set, and Pandora preparing to take a stand, she'll become the "key" to restoring the world. Not the fake world created by the Old Gods, but the present world filled with others who wish for Illya's return and a continued future. And at this point in time, literally everyone in the world, including Darius, is wishing for Illya's return.
    I originally had similar thoughts but there really is not much need for Illya to deliver a box from Darius to Pandora if Illya is going to be the hope inside the box.