Page 743 of 805 FirstFirst ... 243643693733738741742743744745748753793 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

I just got around to finally read all of prillya after watching the anime some time ago and for me it's the ending that was needed to this part,
    We know nobody is gonna die, while it's fate, it's still supposed to be a magical girl Illya story, making everyone die isn't gonna happen, at worst a sacrifice, but the way kuro died was way to fast for me to even consider her not being the main objective of illya after all this, miyu also dying was unexpected though, but that goes with fate, putting Illya through the worst despair so she can grow faster, except this time unlike other, she'll probably be alone, when before she always had help.

Also this is a perfect cliffhanger to prepare for next season, everything is put into place, the final boss is here and for the first time, illya is gonna be real pissed off against someone because she just lost her 2 girlfriends, but we also know for some time that illya a grail, so I'm really guessing she's gonna get a power up that goes around this and the zwei form, since it's a big part of her that hasn't been used yet, maybe she could start making her own card or even summon heroic spirits, since the grail is supposed to be a big part of making the war.

While I do see the links to fgo, I really don't think we're going the lostbelts way, It'd be really weird not to go the good ending after spending so much time making your character a believer and wish maker at worst a bittersweet ending with maybe miyu finding a way to save the world just by staying there, but with the destruction that just came, I'm way more enclined toward a fusion of the two worlds, and an endings with everyone together, but we'll see since the road to the true end of Prillya is still a long one since we're just starting the 4th part

But yeah for all that are not envoying this, I mean just stop reading it, there's so many amazing mangas/animes out there, just come back and check later if the new chapters reinterest you, I really have a hard time listening to people that aren't enjoying x anime or manga, since I already don't have time to watch everything that I like, why would I bother with what I don't, I really feel people should just focus on being positive and what they like, especially with all the shit going on in the world now.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    What would've been the culmination of her character arc is Kuro's death being the last horrible thing that happened in the story (and as much as I hated it, I would've considered it a fair trade for fulfilling the "failure" aspect of Illya's character arc).

What we have instead is the story dropping a gigantic eldritch abomination on top of Illya, built out of someone who should've died by now, seemingly constructed by the universe at large to serve the singular purpose of bellowing "fuck you for having ideals and optimism" into Illya's ear.
    Yeah, with the parallels between Kuro and Heaven's Feel Illya, this feels a bit like if closing the gate didn't work, Avenger was born anyway, and Sakura got squished.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Tragedy is one thing, but if it gets to the point where the hero's sacrifice is meaningless, then it just gets ridiculous. Basically, that old manga, Evil's Return. It got to the point where you have to wonder if things would have went better if the hero did literally nothing.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    While I agree people should focus on positive and enjoyment and stop when they don't enjoy something anymore, criticism should still be allowed. More so when an story seems to be going against what made people like it in the first place. It's not like the people here are haters who never liked it. The people complaining are fans who are afraid of losing what made them interested in Prisma and the story changing into something they don't like, and they've every right to post their opinions.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Tragedy is one thing, but if it gets to the point where the hero's sacrifice is meaningless, then it just gets ridiculous. Basically, that old manga, Evil's Return. It got to the point where you have to wonder if things would have went better if the hero did literally nothing.
    I agree, but it can also be a way to show how strong the ennemy is, which is way more of what it is here, and these are the first death we got in prillya, it's not like dbz or the such where there's character dying all the time but that always comes back,
    The idea here I think is way more on showing the OP side of the ennemy and giving a clear objective on what's to come for the MC : Saving the girls and the world (I'm more thinking it'll be just the inhabitants that will be saved, especially with the second world in pandora and all but we'll see) and beat the shit out of the bad boss.
    We're also probably gonna have a part of Illya having to come over the death of her friends (and I'm guessing decide to find a way to bring them back) and that can make for interesting chara developpement.
    And another thing about the ennemy, we know he's trying to reach the root, if you've seen any magical girl anime, it was sure the ennemy would get his final form with achieving what he wanted before he gets defeated by the girls.

As for them doing nothing, we'd have gone to the same spot has the story got, kuro wouldn't exist/be dead, miyu would have been used to open pandora (and maybe die) and the world would still be in the same shit as it is now, except there's now illya that has a slim,but existing chance of saving everyone

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    While I agree people should focus on positive and enjoyment and stop when they don't enjoy something anymore, criticism should still be allowed. More so when an story seems to be going against what made people like it in the first place. It's not like the people here are haters who never liked it. The people complaining are fans who are afraid of losing what made them interested in Prisma and the story changing into something they don't like, and they've every right to post their opinions.
    I mean the problem is probably about the expectations and that why I have a problem with most of the criticism I've seen from now, yes you can complain about things you didn't like and all, but saying it's all shit because it's not taking the route you want is BS in my mind, especially since it was the lightiest of the fates series, so of course course it's gonna end up like that, and if you know the magical girls trope, of course illya was gonna be a dreamer from the beginning, even if since it's fate so it was sure to be a hard thing to achieve, so yeah having different expectations from the trope is most of the time not the way to go when the show is heavily using that trope.

And I don't really see how their is any change in the story we're still trying to save peoples since the first chapter, and the fact that the story wasn't gonna be all bright was there since quite some time.
    Most of it feels like what we got in 2wei, a new threat, illya having somebody close to her stolen, a new world to explore and a world that could be destroyed at any time, and no idea where everyone is, the only difference is we're getting into an even more desesperate situation (But it was to be expected as soon as HF popped up since it's the darkest arc of F/SN). So that's why I think it's kinda dumb to think that you're not liking this when 2wei did about the same, and where the story was going was shown since the beginning of 3rei when they finished giving us the worldbuilding so that was my reasoning behind what I said.

But overall, might be my bad and seeing too much of the criticism as hate since it's the internet and most of things can go downhill pretty fast, and since it is the end of a part, I think if people don't enjoy it, it's better to stop there since the end of each part are kinda meant as the end of a lot of things. I've had series I followed for years like Assaszin's Creed, but when it went a way I didn't enjoy, I immediatly stopped playing them (When Origins came out) and I think not enough people think about dropping series they don't enjoy anymore, even just in the Fate/Type Moon universe, there's so many things that I'd be surprised if most had watched/read/played all of them so they should try new things and who knows, they might find new favorites to talk about out there
    Last edited by Shayru; November 29th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.

Miyuverse Shirou.
    His love interest Dies and comes back as a doll. She even takes his most trusted Swords.
    Got tortured for months.
    His sister died... Maybe.
    World is ending. Lol mud giants.
    Got banned from fighting by a little girl.
    Is slowing turning into EMIYA.

What a ride for him, huh? Just fuck his shit up.
    Let's rock this joint!

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaXehanort View Post
    Miyuverse Shirou.
    His love interest Dies and comes back as a doll. She even takes his most trusted Swords.
    Got tortured for months.
    His sister died... Maybe.
    World is ending. Lol mud giants.
    Got banned from fighting by a little girl.
    Is slowing turning into EMIYA.

What a ride for him, huh? Just fuck his shit up.
    Don't forget that he also abandoned the ideals and responsibility to find a way to save the world left to him by Kiritsugu in favor of trying to form a true familial relationship with Miyu, and is immediately betrayed by his best friend who kidnaps the person he sacrificed everything for. Then Shirou basically consigns himself to what is an inevitable death of personality in the best case so he can go fight in a death game for a chance to save his sister, which he actually wins despite everything stacked against him, but is rendered irrelevant once Miyu is dragged back into their world by the Ainzworths.

Yeah, this version of him as it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Yeah, this version of him as it rough.
    At least he has Angelica.

Blog Entries
    Lol, this series just keeps going and going.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, someone's never heard of Nanoha.

Blog Entries
    I haven't touched the manga in a long time. I've decided not to bother until after it's done. I guess I can look forward to yet more anime adaptations of varying quality before the end though. If only everything was as cool as the Best Oniichan Shirou movie. 3rei is the only part of the series that has actually interested me so far.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

We'll get a happy ending, right? *sweats nervously*
    Let's rock this joint!

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, someone's never heard of Nanoha.
    wut

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaXehanort View Post
    We'll get a happy ending, right? *sweats nervously*
    Probably.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    wut

- - - Updated - - -

Probably.
    He means how Nanoha never officially ends and keeps getting new stuff. Like Vivid Strike, the Reflection and Detonation movies and their respective collabs in various gacha, and finally like at the start of this year iirc they said there's an announcement for a future project coming. So Nanoha really keeps going and going like a zombie that won't stay down
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    More than that, it's also surpassed its main branch, Triangle Heart.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    He means how Nanoha never officially ends and keeps getting new stuff. Like Vivid Strike, the Reflection and Detonation movies and their respective collabs in various gacha, and finally like at the start of this year iirc they said there's an announcement for a future project coming. So Nanoha really keeps going and going like a zombie that won't stay down
    Nanoha ended with StrikerS, I don't know what you're talking about.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Nanoha ended with StrikerS, I don't know what you're talking about.
    You didn't like the adult arena manga where little kids can turn into curvy adults? :P

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just liked wizards deciding the best use of magic is to punch each other in the face.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I just liked wizards deciding the best use of magic is to punch each other in the face.
    See also- Negima. It's no wonder both fanbases overlap so much.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Literally what I thought of MK's Shang Tsung and Quan Chi when I first saw them. Powerful sorcerers who prefer fighting with martial arts.