Page 766 of 805 FirstFirst ... 266666716756761764765766767768771776 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,320 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Wasn't the Pain fight rather well animated, but there was a lot of off-model sakuga and people took the shots out of context and memed them?
    I do confess that it's been a while since I've watched Naruto, but that's kind of how I remember it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Wasn't the Pain fight rather well animated, but there was a lot of off-model sakuga and people took the shots out of context and memed them?
    I do confess that it's been a while since I've watched Naruto, but that's kind of how I remember it.
    It was basically Karna vs Sieg. Granted, it might not be to everyone's taste, but I love that shit. It's called "animation" for a reason. Screenshotting a frame and acting like it's bad animation is an outright oxymoron.

Althought the Pain fight was kinda pushing it with all the face shots where they were going off-model. Felt like Pain was made of jelly. And there were also questionable parts like the one where Naruto hammers him like a nail into the ground, or him running like Sonic, or flopping on water like a fish.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    The issue with the Pain fight wasn't the fluidity of the animation, but that the content in it completely broke the immersion in the story for the sake of spectacle. Yes "My pain is greater than yours" will always be a treasured meme-face but more than that, the stuff they had Naruto and Pain do in that fight just went against the momentum of the whole battle and story being told up until that point.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    The issue with the Pain fight wasn't the fluidity of the animation, but that the content in it completely broke the immersion in the story for the sake of spectacle. Yes "My pain is greater than yours" will always be a treasured meme-face but more than that, the stuff they had Naruto and Pain do in that fight just went against the momentum of the whole battle and story being told up until that point.
    I would say some of the awkward stuff hurt it the most. Like, look at the scene where Pain gets hammered into the ground and ends up with only his head above it. It looks more goofy than anything. Same with him getting thrown over the water and landing headfirst into a wall, stiff as aboard, and having his limbs fall down afterwards. Those parts in particular look weird.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    And the reason those silly moments didn't work is because it was supposed a serious bout that had escalated into Naruto's greatest loss of control. Goofy can work in Naruto, but not in that fight.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well yes, there were sections that are taken out of context in a frame by frame, but then there's shots like Pain's grimmace when he's amping up, the sonic run etc that were just pure insanity. I mean Karna vs. Sieg was the sorta spectacle akin to like Evangelion with animation done purely for impact, but Naruto vs. Pain was clearly the animators smoking something insane. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'd say, despite the discourse towards the Karna Vs Sieg, the emotions trying to be conveyed fit the tone of the anime just fine. The pain fight was so goofy looking that I wondered if I'd accidentally picked a parody episode instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    God, you lot should watch Naruto. I'm deathly serious, if you compare the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight from the climax of part 1, it's some incredible animation, really beautifully done, but then the Naruto vs. Pain fight from Part 2 is so ludicrously bad everybody thought it was a prank fan animation when it first aired. It's one of those things that's worth seeing with your own two eyes just to confirm that it was really real.
    Well what do ya know!

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Naruto vs. Pain definitely got a raised eyebrow from me the first time I saw it. It felt like an experiment in how fluid the animators could make their frames (and to be fair, they were very fluid), while at the same time being an abject lesson in how animation being fluid doesn't automatically make it good. If I wanted noodlearm animation like out of a 1930's cartoon, I'd watch a 1930's cartoon, not a modern anime.

Back on the topic of Licht - The Nameless Girl, I do agree that the coloring of the thorns could've been handled better. You can still tell that they're thorns, but the browns blend together too much and muddle the depth perception with every new frame, looking more like a brown waterfall than magical jagged death. They're not as bad as they could've been, but it does make Illya look like she's running on a greenscreen a few times, so it gets hard to follow.

Also, a minor gripe: why isn't the box mud black? It was black in 3rei!!, and it would've made the brown thorns stand out better (though I think the thorns also should've been black, but that would just made the above problem worse).

Living Dead Girl
    shoutouts to the one anon calling Sakurai retarded for Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post
    shoutouts to the one anon calling Sakurai retarded for Atlantis
    I thought Meteo was Atlantis writer, not Sakurai.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    People will still blame writers they already hate for whatever chapters they dislike. Even before knowing for sure if said writer was responsible.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Maybe FourthWall just mistook it for Olympus.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Atlantis isn't mentioned at all lol, it's just Dioscuri and memechine god stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Going by the mats books, Higashide was Atlantis while Nasu with, most likely, Sakurai was Olympus
    We know Nasu was the one to decided that the Greek Gods should be mechas and that he took over the chapter after Zeus defeat (The whole Musashi vs Chaos, the final battle against Kirsch, the appearance of the Alien God, etc.)

I'm more in line to trust this person's observations on who writes what:
    https://kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com...identify-which
    Writing fingerprints like these feels a bit more solid than which chapter so happens to have a large number of servants by a certain person.

US Friend Code
    that's Comun

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Maybe FourthWall just mistook it for Olympus.
    Yeah this

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    Hm, the new COMP ACE issue seems to be available on all their usual e-reader sites except for Amazon Kindle. It's been three days now and the weekend ended a while ago, is it normal for them to take this long?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    Hm, the new COMP ACE issue seems to be available on all their usual e-reader sites except for Amazon Kindle. It's been three days now and the weekend ended a while ago, is it normal for them to take this long?
    The chapter is available and out and all if that's what you're asking.
    I've just been extremely busy lately with college stuff so haven't managed to work much on the translation. But I'll definitely get it out sometime this weekend.