Page 773 of 805 FirstFirst ... 273673723763768771772773774775778783 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Just to clarify, we did get a chapter this month. (Done TLing and waiting for better scans than the shitty CH rips)
    Last edited by Killua; February 25th, 2022 at 04:15 PM.

I CAME FROM THE WORLD BEYOND Some Jerk's Avatar
    It's a surprising 20 page chapter! Along with a confirmation that (barring any more medical complications) the next chapter will be on schedule in the "May" issue.

...That's about all I can unpack without the translation. And it looks like there's quite a lot to unpack, wow.
    Last edited by Some Jerk; March 4th, 2022 at 01:02 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    HF begins in Prillya.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jerk View Post
    Oh wow, he seriously wrote that right in the magazine. That's a power move.

Yeah, this isn't a surprise. He's been tweeting his hype about Elden Ring for the last month or so. Glad to see he's still Enjoying Things outside of his work. In hindsight, he was probably planning to take this month off for Elden Ring from the beginning, but his back problems acting up again meant he had to start the break early.
    He's just gathering reference material for Prisma Illya.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, Shirou's finally here to Heaven's Feel Sakura.

598,535,004 (NA)

598,535,004 (NA)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Holy shit
    Pandora looking like an absolute qt when her face has an expression that isn't "tired of living"
    Shirou ready to put Sakura out of her missery in the place where she died
    Beatrice and Bazett talking about how their memories of this history's version of Beatrice's final fight has holes, so more people than Miyu are noticing holes and that SOMEONE (Illya) is missing from their memories
    Miyu inspired by Illya, even if she can't remember her, deciding to take back this person she doesn't remember but knows was dear to her (Illya) and the world clearly aiming for the perfect happy ending like Illya would
    Nice chapter.
    Last edited by bassgs435; February 26th, 2022 at 09:53 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Holy shit
    Pandora looking like an absolute qt when her face has an expression that isn't "tired of living"
    See I believe this was foreshadowed by the previous chapter where she said that she heard the fairies' voice many times. We know that Illya went back till Pandora's teens era. My theory is that she actually stayed with her throughout her lifespan till the present as a "fairy". So Pandora was never alone in this changed world, and that's why she didn't fall into despair. Idk if I'm overlooking something though.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I wonder why Luvia calls Shirou Darling instead of Sherou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Translator's choice, she does calls him Sherou in the raws

The fact that she did, in original ver, Luvia called "シェロ" which should be translated by Shero, not Darling.

I honestly thought that "Sherou" looked extremely weird to write, especially since some people in the fandom call him "Shiro" and not "Shirou". The contrast between that and "Sherou" was huge, and giving that that's exactly the nuance expressed here (cf. how she moans every time she calls him "Sherou" and how the "e" and "ou" sounds actually give off an intimate vibe), I thought it might be better to make it into "darling" instead. It's also in-line with her Ojou-sama act and all. My bad if it wasn't to the taste of everyone, but "Sherou" didn't quite express the original meaning of why she calls him like that in the first place in Japanese (made-up intimacy from one side) imo.
    Last edited by Killua; February 26th, 2022 at 12:55 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Usually I would agree with that take but everyone reading Prisma Illya should be familiar with how Luvia calls him by this point so Darling still stands out as a really weird choice.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Usually I would agree with that take but everyone reading Prisma Illya should be familiar with how Luvia calls him by this point so Darling still stands out as a really weird choice.
    The downside of picking up the translation of a manga 14 years after its initial release, I guess. (especially when it had a bajillion different fanTL groups working on it)
    I always try to stay consistent with old translations as much as possible even if I don't agree with them, but some stuff just feels too wrong/heavy to leave as is from a translator's POV. And I really didn't think it would stand out at all the way I am seeing it from the reactions here.
    I'd be more than happy to share the raws I find if someone else wants to do the translation the way they want though, no hard feelings whatseover.
    Last edited by Killua; February 26th, 2022 at 01:19 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ah okay, so Illya deleting herself didn't suddenly give Luvia an advantage.

Probably would've been better to stick with the more audience-familiar Sherou to avoid such confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm reminded of when Pai originally translated Senpai as Dear Senior but backtracked on it because he was weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah bro I was just commenting on this particular choice, the translation is great anyway

Ah okay, so Illya deleting herself didn't suddenly give Luvia an advantage.

Probably would've been better to stick with the more audience-familiar Sherou to avoid such confusion.
    If it's really standing out that much then I'm just going to put it as is. Will ask my friend to change it on mangadex when he logs in again.

Now I'm reminded of when Pai originally translated Senpai as Dear Senior but backtracked on it because he was weak.
    I totally understand him lol, I'm not one for arguments and I'd rather just put something everyone else agrees on rather than try to force my opinion through. I'm doing this as a hobby and I'm not really prepared to get into any kinds of conflicts because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Nah bro I was just commenting on this particular choice, the translation is great anyway
    Yeah no I got you dw, I was speaking generally, not just to you. And thanks!
    Last edited by Killua; February 26th, 2022 at 01:51 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Hiroyama: We Heaven's Feel now.
    Editor: But sir, the flashback arc is over and Shirou can no longer figh-
    Hiroyama: WE HEAVEN'S FEEL NOW !!!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Killua pulls through again. Thanks for your hard work.

I was wondering how things would work out and it seems like things are going full throttle now. Anyone else think Pandora looks like Illya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0