Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Fanfiction RETURNS

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    A Single Memory.

By Pata Hikari

"Shiki-sama, you don't have to be doing this."

They were in a small room up in the attic. Dozens of dusty old items, stored for a decade or more.

"But I want to, Hisui." Shiki gave her a smile, "Don't want to be a freeloader."

As he spoke he picked up a heavy chest, grunting under the strain.

"..." Hisui sighed as Shiki moved the large box out of the room. She understood his motives, but she didn't like it. In her eyes, it was her duty to serve him. But Shiki didn't see things that way. In his eyes, her doing this much work was just something wrong.

"Ah..." Shiki froze.

"It something wrong?" Hisui walked over to him.

"Oh, it's just I pulled a sheet up and there was this." Shiki pointed down to the object laying against the wall.

"..." Hisui stepped back, "It's... still here?"

An old painting, made by two childish young girls. It was crudely drawn and painted, obviously by children, yet still identifiable.

A cheerful wedding, attended by four people. A childish promise.

A relic of a time long passed, never to return.

"Hisui... this painting, it looks familiar." Shiki frowned, "I know I've seen it somewhere before..."

Hisui was silent. Her eyes focused on it, her fists clenched as she stared at this simple, childish painting.

A simple promise, a childish love and hope. Banished in an instant by that bloody day. Taken away, and everything about the boy Nanaya Shiki vanished. His memory, his possessions, his life.

How did this painting survive? Was it Tohno Makishia conceding one thing to his daughter? Did he just store it away, and forget about it?

"Hisui? Do you know about this?"

"Oh..." Hisui looked up at Shiki. Her mind snapped back into the present. "This... this is merely an old painting Akiha-sama made as a child, that is all."

"Oh?"

"Yes." Hisui picked it up, "It is nothing of any great importance."

Was that true?

Objectively it was meaningless.

"I will deal with it." She sat it onto the pile of "things to sort" that had been building up as they cleaned the old attic.

Yet still.

It was a memory, of a time of innocence and joy. Even if he could not remember it, she could.

For that reason alone...

Hisui would preserve it.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Interest

By Pata Hikari
    The notice was received suddenly.

Three days to prepare, scrounging up a false identity, passport, and all other papers required to easily slip into this far east country.

Still, compared to the normal life of Kotomine Kirei, it was at least something interesting. Especially since his current source of amusement was beginning to grow weary of him.

"Here you go." Tohsaka Rin handed the latest batch of school papers that, as her guardian, he had to sign. She folded her arms and began to wait for him to read them.

"Honestly Rin," He gave her his best 'honest' smile. "Relax a little."

"Humph, just sign them fake priest."

A mere twelve years old and she already saw through everything he did, he'd be proud if he was capable of feeling such a thing.

The door to his office opened.

"Hmm?" Rin looked behind to his latest 'guest.'

"Ah. Hello Sister."

A woman of ice.

"..." Rin, the girl who he had never seen express fear, recoiled for a brief second...this made Kotimine smile.

"Do you have the papers Father." It was a question, in theory. In reality, it was a demand.

"I have them Sister. I will give them to you in a minute, as soon as I finish looking over this child's grades. I'm her guardian, you see."

"...I see." She stood there, her face frozen.

"Rin." Kotomine smiled, "You really should consider meeting this woman an honor."

"Just give me them!" She shouted.

"Yes yes. Here you go." He signed them quickly. Handing them off to her. "Farewell Rin." He spoke pleasantly.

"Whatever." The girl stormed out, notably keeping her distance from his new guest.

"Heh." Kotonmine smiled at the woman. "That girl has no fear. To cow her.. you are truly fearful. As expected from a member of the Burial Agency."

"My requests, Father?" The woman spoke again.

"Yes yes." He opened a drawer, "A passport, history, student visa, the works." He presented them to her. "Still... why would the Vatican send one of their elite assassin's to such a remote land?" His curiosity was piqued. This woman... was interesting.

"None of your concern." She took the package, "It is a personal mission." She turned around, "Good day."

"Hidden pains, sister?" Kotomine asked.

"..." The woman froze.

"Of course. It is none of my concern." He laughed to himself.

Such an interesting woman.

"Good day. Father." Her voice became strict, and she marched out.

Kotomine laughed once she was gone.

"Facinating. A shell of ice and fire, hiding such torment." He smiled broadly, "I hope I can meet that woman again.

-----

She returned several months later.

"Basically I need you to extend my student visa, or perhaps make a work visa. Also I'd like to request more funds." She spoke in what to many would be the same formal tone.

But it was all wrong.

"...very well, Sister." Kotomine said. "I shall do so."

Where did it go? The shell? The agony? The pain was still there, but fading. The torment was gone, the guilt resolved.

"Thank you Father." She nodded and left his office.

"Honestly, how droll." he sighed, "She was so interesting. Now she's as boring as the rest."

At this rate he'd get bored before the Holy Grail woke up.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    More!

More is good~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like my afternoon will be well spent.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Ah, reminders of good memories on the old BL.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Incest is Reletive

By Pata Hikari

Sex with Akiha. In her room.

The words, the statement.

What was going to happen.

It went into Seo Akira's mind.

Possessing the power to pridict the furture via recording all the past actions. This was Seo Akira's uncontrolable gift.

Just by looking at people, she would, at random, see their future.

Right now she was on an outing with Tohno Shiki. He was a friend. A young man a few years her senior. He had helped her out about six months ago. Once a week they'd have lunch together. Sometimes he brought over a second friend. She liked Hisui and Kohaku, while his friend Arihiko frightened her. Ciel was nice, but weird.

He had never brought over Akiha, by her request.

To put it simply, she was afraid of what would happen if Akiha saw her with him.

The reason for the fear was because, as everyone who had eyes could see, Tohno Akiha was fond of her brother, to put it mildly.

Rumors stated that her feelings towards her brother were... less then wholesome.

Akira, knowing Akiha quite well, beleived those rumors. Thus her fear.

Of course.

One thing no rumor stated, was that her brother returned said less wholesome feelings.

She had been eating lunch with Shiki when this vision had come to her.

It was not something she wanted to know, for two reasons.

One, she had a crush on Shiki, and this pretty much shot down any chances of her getting him.

Two, he's having sex with his sister.

"Akira-chan?" Shiki asked, "Is something wrong?" He frowned, his kind face showing concern.

"No-nothing!" Akira said in a panic. "I..."

Shiki frowned, "Did you see something? Something... that's going to happen?"

Am I that easy to read? Akira sighed.

"It is, isn't it? Is it something dangerous?"

"Umm.... not really." Akira muttered. As far as she could tell, the sexual activity was concentual. Which she supposed was good.

The incest is bad enough. Incestual rape? She would have probably started running.

"It's just... embarrasing." That worked.

"Oh." He smiled, "Saw something embarassing happening to somebody here?"

"...something like that." She mumbled, standing up, "Sorry Tohno-san. I have to go."

She quickly left the resturant.

-----

Three days passed.

Akira avoided Shiki, it wasn't that hard. But several of her favorite places to be in town were also favorite spots of Shiki and his friends, because over the past year she had been intergrated into that group.

"Seo-san?"

"...oh." She whimpered and slowly turned around.

It was Ciel. "Hello Seo-san, how're you?" She said with a smile.

"I'm fine." She muttered

"Really? Tohno-kun said you were acting weird when you parted with him last time?" She asked with an innocent smile.

"Oh. Um. Right." Akira frowned.

"Would you like to talik about it?" Ciel sat down onto a nearby bench, "Something bothering you?'

Akira sighed, "It's... it's nothing." No matter how much it disturbed her, she couldn't reveal Shiki or Akiha's secret.

"Akira-chan?"

"Sh-shiki-san!" Akira jumped as Shiki walked into view. He was holding two bowls of ramen from a nearby stand. "Wha-what are-"

"Well, Senpai's been helping me study for the finals and I got her some lunch in return." He handed Ceil the bowl of ramen that smelled strongly of curry.

"Oh- ri-right." Akira mumbled, her gaze turned to Shiki.

Romantic dinner. It would be steak, the only light being the candles around the table. The two of them. Alone.

"Gah!" Akira stumbled back. Her power had predicted a new event for Shiki tonight.

"Akira-chan?"

"Sh-shiki-san..." Akira stumbled back, "Um, I mean." The awkwardness was too much for her. "You... you shouldn't do those things with your sister!"

Then she ran.

-----

She lay down in her room, quietly reading a manga. Desperately trying to avoid thinking about the facts that had come to her.

Then, her cellphone rang. "Ahhhaaha!" She nearly screamed, taking a deep breath, she answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Ah. Hello Seo-san."

Akira's blood became cold.

"A-a-Akiha-se-sen-Senpai!" She stuttered, "Hello.How'reyoudoing?" She asked so fast the words blurred together.

"Oh I'm just fine. Glad to see you're well. I hear you've been saying some strange things, no? Nii-san's worried about you. Says you've been acting strangely." Akiha's voice was light, polite. Straight and to the point.

This scared Akira more then anything else she could imagine.

"Oh. That. It's just stress, you know?"

"Hmm... are you sure? I mean... a young girl like you being around a much older boy. People might start getting worried."

She was dead.

Akiha was going to kill her.

"Re-really? I mean. That's completely wrong. Tohno-san is just a guy I look up to. He helps me out and I like his friends."

"Really? Well... I'm worried about you too, Seo-san. Perhaps I can come over for a while?"

Akira began planning her funeral. "You don't need to do that, Tohno-Senpai."

"Ah but I insist. A good senpai looks out for their underclassmen, no? I'll be over in an hour, OK?"

"O-okay... bye." She hung up after Akiha did.

".........." Akira sighed, "I need a drink." She muttered.

----------

Sadly, her father caught her trying to get at the alcohol. And while he has no problem with her tasting the products of his work, his daughter out and out getting drunk was out of the question.

As such, Seo Akira would have to face her doom sober. Her father didn't know that he had let his daughter's murderer come in, and in fact let her in quite happily. The Tohno family was, after all, a respected and powerful one.

"Thank you for the tea, Seo-san." Akiha elegantly sipped her tea.

"I'll leave you two to talk." Her father quickly left, shutting the door behind him.

"Tohno-Senpai..."

"Yes?"

"..nnn...." Akira whimpered, "Um... I guess I should explain. This is going to sound unbeleivable but-"

"You possess the power to see into the future, yet you have no control over it." Akiha said.

"H-how...?"

"Nii-san told me." Akiha shrugged, "To tell you the truth, you are not the only person inflicted with supernatrual powers. The entire Tohno clan is, for instance."

"Oh..." Akira sighed, "Well, OK. Um.... I guess I can tell you what I saw then."

"Nii-san figured something you had seen with your powers had unnerved you. So do tell me."

"Um..." Akira wondered how to put this without dying. "Well... um... Senpai... you see.... I... I know about your... thing with your brother." Her voice got quieter and quieter, until by the end of the sentence her voice was a mere whisper.

What followed was a silence so perfect that Akira thought the world was going to end.

Thump.

The only sound.

Thump.

Was her own heartbeat.

"My thing with Nii-san?" Akiha asked, her voice like a sword ready to cut Akira's head off.

"Yes. Um... that... thing. With the dinner and the... the... sex."

"..."

THUMP.

"I see." Akiha closed her eyes, "So, Akira, what are you going to do about it?"

THUMP

"D-do about it? Wh-what can I do about it?"
    THUMP

"Oh, you could do plenty of things. I'm sure the tabloids alone would love to jump on this story." Akiha said matter-of-factly. "You could, quite eaily ruin both my and Nii-san's reputation with such accusations, no?"

THUMP

"I g-guess s-so."

THUMP

"The scandal would tear the family apart, no?" Akiha leaned forword, "So tell me, Seo-san. What are you planning to do with this knowlege."

THUMP

"I don't know Senpai. It really isn't my business what you and your brother do in private..." Seo muttered. Perhaps if she appeased the demon she would not consume her.

THUMP

"My that's awfuly nice of you, Seo-san." Akiha sipped her tea politely. "You are a good girl." Akiha smiled sweetly. A smile of death. "Sometimes I just want to tease you."

THUMP

Oh god she's going to do horrible things to me. Akira whimpered.

"So, Seo-san. Would you like to know more about me and Nii-san?" Akiha asked

"I'm sorr- wait." Akira's panic was stopped. "Huh?"

"You seem to have some misconceptions about our relationship." Akiha explained. "Do you need clarifiction?"

"Umm... well..." Akira sighed, "It's not much to have misconceptions about. Your in a serious relationship with your brother. That's not right..."

"I see. So you go along with societies taboos?" Akiha drank more tea.

"There's a reason that taboo exists! Genetics! If people related closely have children, that child will be-"

"Ah. There we go, Seo-san." Akiha interupted. "You hit upon the reason the incest taboo exists. For the sake of human survivablity, incest is discouraged to reduce the chance of genetic defects." Akiha emptied her tea cup. "You see, Seo-san. That is why there is no problem with mine and Nii-san's relationship. You see, Nii-san is adopted."

"Eh?" Akira's fear and terror vanished, replaced by confusion.

"Nii-san is adopted. We are not related by blood." Akiha explained. "So you see, the purpose behind incest taboo does not exist for us"

"Umm... right. I guess so." Akira said. "I guess it's... OK then." It still midlly disturbed her. But she guessed it couldn't be that bad. "So... if he's not really your brother, why do you call him one?"

Akiha blushed. "I... I like calling him that."

"..." Akira sighed. "Well, my vision of Tohno-san is crushed. Oh well..." A small part of her mourned for the lost crush.

"Oh, Seo-san? One more thing."

"Yes?"

Akiha's hair suddenly turned red. "If you ever breathe a word of this to anybody. I will make you suffer." She returned to normal, a polite and happy smile on her face. "Good bye Seo-san. Let's meet again when you have your weekly lunch with Nii-san." She stood up, bowed, and left her room.

Akira just whimpered.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Interesting~
    LIKE A KING

Poor Seo. Like a mice in front of a cat.
    Troublesome.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Zepia story always brings a tear to my eye whenever I read it.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god, I love that one as well. Although for a different reason, since it's probably the most material I've read that concerns Altrogue as well.

Haunted House

By Pata Hikari
    "OK class!" Tohno-sensei said with a big smile, "The athletics festival is in a week, so let's get sweating in preparation." A beautiful tall woman, her long black hair streaming behind her, Tohno-sensei certainly inspired many of the male students (and a few of the female) to work hard for her sake.

Yumizuka Hiroto was one of those students, of course. He was exceptionally good at the 100 meter dash. A member of the track team, every bit of encouragement she offered as he improved his time spurned him to new heights. Today's P.E lesson was every bit as invigorating as the rest of them. Tohno-sensei always pushed her students, after all.

~------------------------~

"Hey, Yumizuka." One of his classmates said to him as they showered after class.

"Yeah?"

"I heard this odd rumor about Tohno-sensei."

His ears perked up, "Really? What sort of rumor?"

"Ah. Well, you know that old mansion on the hill?"

"Yeah? Isn't it supposedly haunted?" He laughed. Not many really believed that sort of thing in this day and age, but the stories were fun.

"Yeah. I hear she lives there?"

"Don't be silly." Hiroto said, "If she lived in a mansion, why would she be a teacher? She'd rich enough to do better stuff then that."

His classmate shrugged, "Just saying what I heard."

Why am I doing this? Hiroto thought. He was in his room, surfing the internet, looking for information on that old mansion. Curiosity, I guess.

After all, rumors usually had a grain of truth to them. A source that became exaggerated and mutated into something beyond what they originally knew. Searching for "Mansion, Misaki City Japan, Tohno" brought up some interesting information. It appeared that the mansion was in fact called "The Tohno Mansion." It appeared that some years back, the Tohno family had been one with some power. But the family had fallen on hard times lately, and no recent news articles said anything about them. Perhaps Tohno-sensei was a member of a formally rich family, the old mansion being the only remnant of her family's former glory. Lacking money to upkeep it, it would gain a reputation as haunted.

"A rumor that might be true? Shocking." He chuckled to himself. "Maybe I should go look at it..." The mansion wasn't far from the school, he could reach it in about forty minutes. His curiosity took the better of him.

"Wow..." he looked upon the old Tohno mansion. The gate that would have once kept out intruders was rusted in place, keeping it open for all to enter. The absurdly large lawn was poorly kept, weeds growing wild around it. Paint was peeling off in places, and any semblance of a garden had long since faded. As Hiroto stepped inside the grounds, the air suddenly felt thicker. A feeling of danger came over him, but he quickly suppressed it. "It's nothing more then an old house needing some repairs." He muttered to himself.

Walking to the front door, he noticed a doorbell. When pressed, there was silence. No cheery tone announcing to the residents that someone had come. A minute passed, and nobody came. "Is the doorbell broken?" He knocked on the door. He could almost hear the sound echo through the mansion. Still nobody came. Finally, he turned the doorknob, and the door to the mansion opened.

"..." Hiroto looked at the dark insides, his fists clenched. Some primal part of his mind was screaming at him. Do not enter. Do not look. Inside terrible things sleep. "Ugg... this is stupid." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a flashlight. "This place has to just be abandoned..." He turned on the light and entered the Tohno Mansion.

The mansion seemed to be divided into four sections. The east and west wings, split into two floors. Everything was covered in a thick layer of dust. The furniture abandoned, the stairs creaked as he stepped on them. And the windows were so thick with grime that no light could pierce them.

"Well it definitely fits the image of haunted." He observed aloud. Walking down the hallway on the second floor. "I wonder how many other people have come." He figured much of the furniture could be valuable. Yet no thieves had come into the wide open building to try and get some quick cash. He stopped, one of the doors was open. Pointing the flashlight inside, he saw that nobody was in, and entered.

The room was rather spartan, in sharp contrast to the fine furniture he had seen elsewhere. A plain bed and desk sat against the walls, an open closet devoid of clothing.

Atop the desk was a pair of glasses. Hiroto picked them up and, after wiping the dust off them, peered though them.

"Huh? They don't do anything." He moved them up and down over his eyes to be sure. But his observation was right. These glasses didn't change his vision in any way. "Perhaps whoever wore them just liked the look." That had been a fad a few years back. He set them back down on the desk. He didn't feel comfortable taking them.

what are you-

"Huh?" Hiroto suddenly felt like he was being watched, spinning around he shined the flashlight back into the hallway.

Nobody was there.

"I'm imagining things." He shook his head. "I'll explore the other wings later..." He felt as if he was pushing his luck...

Three days passed.

Hiroto found he couldn't concentrate. His performance in Track was slipping. He knew why of course. The Tohno Mansion was on his mind.

Yet the person he could have asked to clear it up... wasn't there.

Tohno-sensei had apparently caught some illness, and was staying at home to recover. So he was stuck with this burning curiosity, mixed with a deep and dark dread. He wanted to explore the mansion more, yet at the same time a deep fear existed in his heart, telling him to stay away. How he hated this irrational fear. Steeling his resolve, he headed towards the mansion straight after school.

The door was open.

dont come in.

"Is someone else in?" He asked aloud, flipping on his flashlight, he peered inside.

stay away

Looking around the foyer, he found no evidence that anyone else was around.

get out

"Anybody here?" He shouted. No answer, as expected. Shutting the door behind him, he shined his light around.

"Maybe there's something interesting in the parlor." He spoke aloud. To do otherwise was to deal with the silence. He began to walk, slowly and carefully.

you woke

"Is... someone talking..." He could hear it, even though it was silent. He could here it

ME UP!

Suddenly a figure of death appeared.

A woman.

Seeing this woman his mind shut down. His mind rushed to lessons on the natural world. The food chain. Predator and pray. There was always something on top. Something which consumed even the strongest monster. The woman before him, he instinctively realized, was higher then him.

"Why..." She whispered, her tone polite and calm. Hiding the burning fury that existed in her features. "Are you here?"

"I... I..." he couldn't think, he couldn't stop. He ran. He turned his back on the monster and ran. He screamed as he ran. Anywhere, anywhere but near that monster!

He tripped. He tripped. How could he trip? It was absurd. He was going to die, and he tripped? He tried to stand up, but he found his limbs couldn't move. It was as if he was pinned to the floor by invisible ropes. He couldn't move. The absurdity was so great that Hiroto began to laugh. Behind his insane laughter he heard footsteps approach. She was going she was going to... going to...

eat him

"Are you done laughing like a maniac?" A cold voice stopped him. Hiroto found himself rolling onto his back, looking up at the woman. Tall and elegant, her hair was red like blood, her eyes matching. A long flowing dress that seemed to ripple even though there was no wind. There was anger, yes, on her face. But looking at it objectively, Hiroto realized that she had no intention of killing him.

"Now then. Who are you and why are you in my house?" She asked.

"I-I'm Yumizuka Hiroto. I'm a first year at the high school... I came here because-"

"Because you heard it was haunted." The woman sighed. He nodded. "Well, I'm sorry but you're wrong. This is not a haunted mansion. Stlll..." A smile came to her face, "It is not a safe place to be. To ignore your instincts and press into here, you are either very brave or very stupid." She nodded, "You can stand now, so do so."

Hiroto found that, suddenly, he could in fact stand. He scrambled to look the woman in the eye, despite her still being a head taller then him. There was still that pressing fear, but he ignored it. She was clearly harmless. "So... who are you?"

The woman laughed, "Insolent one, aren't you. My name is Tohno Akiha." Tohno. That name.

"Are... are you related to Tohno-sensei?" He found himself asking.

Akiha stared at him for a minute. "In a sense, yes. We know each other, and I guess we're family now."

"Is she here?" He nearly grasped her hands, but a sense of restraint held him back.

"No. She's at her house." Akiha answered.

"Oh..." He sighed. Still, he realized the truth behind the rumors. "Anyone else live here?"

"No. I'm the only one."

"I see..." Hiroto closed his eyes. An old mansion owned by a family that had fallen into hard times. His P.E teacher was related to the reclusive owner, and sometimes visited her. The pieces fell together, and he sighed with relief. "Thank you Tohno-san." he bowed to her, "You've helped me figure some things out.

For some reason this amused her, "Oh? You're welcome then Hiroto."

"I'll be leaving then." He walked past Akiha, not noticing how she sniffed the air around him.

"Wait a minute..." Her voice froze him. "You're the sneak that broke into Nii-san's room!" She grabbed him by the arm, holding him in a grip that was impossible to escape from. "Come with me." She dragged him through the mansion, out into the backyard, and to a shed. Inside there were various gardening tools. She pointed to a container with a a hose and spritzer attached. "Take that."

"W-what is it?" Hiroto rubbed his now sore arm.

"Weed killer. Take it and spray all the weeds on the front lawn. Then return tomorrow to pay for today's unauthorized entry."

"Um... OK." He nodded, this was probably karma.

It was Sunday, so first thing in the morning he decided to return to mansion. He realized that Akiha had probably merely jumped on an opportunity to get some free maintenance done. Hiroto didn't mind though, through the night he had thought about Tohno Akiha.

It must be lonely, living in that large house all alone. He had thought. Even if Tohno-sensei visited her, she still had to spend nights without company. If he could help her by doing some work and keeping her company, then it was something he'd gladly do. The fact that she was quite beautiful once he had rid himself of that fear didn't hurt.

"Work is good for the soul." He clenched his fist in determination as he walked through the open gate.

"Vacuum the first floor." Akiha handed him an old looking vacuum.

"Are... are you kidding?" His jaw dropped at the absurdity of Akiha's request.

"This is punishment boy." She folded her arms. "You broke into my house. I could kill you for that. Consider yourself fortunate that I merely ask you to work." A slight chill had formed in the air at the mention of the word 'kill.' But Hiroto ignored it. She turned around, "Once you are done, come to the parlor and we shall have some tea."

"Y-yes Ma'am."

"One more thing." Akiha said as she walked away. "Do not, under any circumstance, enter the basement."

It had been difficult, thanks to the sheer amount of dust, but Hiroto had managed to finish the job. It helped that most of the doors were locked, except for two rooms that appeared to be servant quarters.

To his surprise, the parlor was still rather well kept, compared to the rest of the house. Perhaps because Akiha still used it. She was sitting at the table, two tea cups and a kettle resting upon it.

"Are you done?" Akiha asked. He nodded, "Then sit down." She poured him a cup of tea. She possessed an elegance he had never before seen in a woman. His crush on Tohno-sensei swept away by the haunting beauty of Tohno Akiha.

"It's good." He said after taking a sip of tea.

"Glad to hear it." For a few minutes they quietly drank.

"Tohno-san?" He felt confident. "Can I come over and work tomorrow?"

"Oh?" Akiha sounded amused. "Why would you want to? Do you want more punishment?"

"Not that. You just look like you need help." He answered honestly.

"And you think I am desperate enough for it to need a teenage boy?" Her words were like thorns.

"Perhaps others would be better... but I'm offering." He cast out a desperate line.

"Hmmmm..." Akiha seemed to consider it. "Tomorrow I will be unable to meet with you. But if you wish to help me, then you can vacuum the upstairs."

"I'd be glad to do it Tohno-san." He said with a smile.

He found himself skipping school, instead heading straight towards Akiha's house. It no longer seemed frightening in any way. His mind drifted to the other ways he could spruce up this old mansion. It was beyond his power to do any major repairs. But at least he could clean it up a little.

The door was unlocked still, he wondered if Akiha ever locked it. Dragging the vacuum upstairs, he began his work. Like the downstairs, most of the rooms were locked. Except for the room which he guessed had belonged to Akiha's brother. He wondered when he had left this old building...

On the other side of the house... there was another open door. And he could hear soft breathing coming from it.

"Huh...?" He peered in. Like the parlor, this room was well kept. The master bedroom. Beautiful and expensive furniture scattered around. On the bed was the source of the breathing.

It was Akiha, fast asleep.

"..." Hiroto found he couldn't breathe, staring at her. When asleep, all appearances of being dangerous vanished. She appeared gentle, sweet. he couldn't help but stare at her chest rising and falling. Her face was pale... strangely pale.

Is this why she never leaves the house? And never upkeeps it? Could Akiha be ill? A sickness that kept her confined to this house. Looking around her room, he noticed some dusty books sitting on her nightstand.

He picked one up, and opened it. Inside was what was surely Akiha's proper handwriting. A diary?

Hiroto found himself turning the pages, flipping through the entries until he came across an almost blank page.

March 24

Nii-san announced he is going to marry her today.

I guess I knew in the end it had to happen. Damn her. Damn that bloodsucking whore. He loves her, he loves her more then anything. I won't stand in his way. I want him to be happy, after all. He's planning on moving out, to be with her.

Hisui wants to go with him. Hah. She's just like me. Pining for what we can't have. Kohaku doesn't care one way or the other, she's too far gone to do so. So will I be left alone?

Whatever. If Hisui wants to spend her days serving the man she loves and get nothing but an occasional smile in return, then she can do it. Perhaps she can find happiness that way? She's a better person then me, after all.

He flipped a few pages ahead...

May 12

The wedding was today. It was beautiful.

I hated it
    The entries became more curt after that, as if Akiha had lost all passion for the diary but kept it out of habit. Flipping through them, he finally reached the last page.

Febuary 10

Nii-san died today.

He asked me to take care of her.

Damn him.

He asked me. So I'll find a way.

"...this isn't right." He set down the diary. "I shouldn't be looking at her private thoughts." At least now he knew who why this 'Nii-san' wasn't here. She had really loved her brother, it seemed. He sighed. "I should go. I finished my work." With a glance at the still sleeping Akiha, he left.

Walking down to the first floor, his mind drifted to a second set of stairs. Tucked away and hidden, they led to the basement.dangerous placeAkiha had told him to not go down there.you will dieWhy? Something personal?

man was never meant to enter
    "Perhaps the body of her brother in a shrine." He laughed at his joke... shivering as the air seemed to chill. Looking around, he heard no footsteps and saw nothing. Peering down the dark steps, his curiosity returned... he slowly marched down to the basement.

"What..."

Hiroto looked around.

"...the..."

He wasn't in a basement.

"...hell!"

He was in a courtyard. White flowers scattered everywhere, statues rising against the starry sky. A castle, grand and powerful, rose as the lord of this land. And in the middle of this eternal night... was the full moon. But it was not a white moon.

It was red. Red like blood. Red like Akiha.

The basement stairs behind him lead back to the mansion, but the impossibility of what was before him startled him. The castle was surrounded by a forest, stretching in every direction.

"What is this?" He stepped towards the palace. "Is this a dream? A hallucination? Or is this really Tohno-san's basement?" It was an absurd idea that defied common sense. For one, the castle was bigger then the mansion.

Unable to do anything but march towards the castle, Hiroto continued his search for answers.

Inside the castle was just as confusing. Vast hallways, elaborate rooms, huge libraries containing books in more languages then he knew existed. The building defied reality in any way he could conceive.

"What's going on..." Why did such a thing exist? He didn't know. All he could so was search this place for answers.

He searched for what felt like hours. There was little doubt that this place was far larger then the mansion. However, he felt he was getting closer to the center.

A noise in the air.

The turning of gears.

He was getting closer to the heart of the palace.

He stopped.

A door, covered in gold. Hiroto pressed his hand against it, and it slowly pushed open.

dont go

"The throne room." He knew that within this room, the king of this castle rested. "OK... here there will be answers..." Who is Akiha? Why does she live in this old house? Why is this place in her basement? He walked into the throne room.

turn around

"...what...?"

run away

He stared at the person on the throne.

dont look at

A throne and a prison. Wrapped in heavy chains, pulled tight by hundreds of gears, was a woman he knew well. Even though her hair was blond instead of black, he recognized her.

dont look at her

Tohno Arcueid. His P.E teacher.

run

"Tohno-sensei... what... what are you doing here!"

run

Silence...and then, she opened her eyes.

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN

They were gold, peircing into his being.

And the fear of death returned.

An inhuman roar came out of Arcueid's throat. Hiroto turned to run to the now far away door. Run away run away! He needed to get away. Get away from this monster that existed to kill humans, to rule humans. Greater then humanity in every way!

WHY WASN'T THE DOOR GETTING CLOSER

The chains broke, the restraints on the monster was released, and the devil leapt to consume her prey. There would be no saving him. Yumizuka Hiroto would die today...

A red savior appeared.

It was Akiha.

"Arcueid!" She screamed, "Calm! DOWN!" Hiroto's eyes widened as he saw, in hindsight, what had restrained him. Akiha's hair grew out, extending out to Arcueid, wrapping around her. Restraining her.

"Hiroto!" Akiha shouted, "Get out of here!" She turned to face him... her eyes were gold now as well. He could see fangs in her mouth. "Run! NOW! Before I lose control!"

He listened to her, running out the door, and leaving this wretched castle.

He stayed home the next day.

School wasn't important to him. If Arcueid was there... she would kill him. He wanted to live. He now knew that there were some rational reasons to be afraid of that mansion.

He told his parents he was sick, they believed him. He was an honest boy.

He turned on his computer and began a search.

Tohno Akiha.

"Who is she?" He needed to know. Who was this elegant and mysterious woman. Who lived alone in a haunted mansion and could restrain a monster only to become a monster herself...

Hours passed, digging deeper and deeper. Searching newspaper articles for any evidence... any proof of her existence. Finally, he found something. A picture of Akiha, only with black hair and blue eyes, graced an article.
    CEO OF TOHNO COMPUTERS DISAPPEARS
    July 3rd, 2015

Tohno Akiha, owner and CEO of Tohno Computers, the third largest computer manufacturer in the world, has been reported missing. She was last seen on June 30th, meeting with young philanthropist Tohsaka Shirou to discuss the "Technology without Borders" program, which would distribute computers and other such technological necessities to third world countries.

Witnesses say that she never returned to her car, and indeed it could be found parked in Shinto. Police are not saying whether or not they suspect foul play, but many believe kidnapping is likely.

"..." Hiroto stared at the article. "Two thousand... fifteen?"

In the corner of his computer screen, the time and date was shown.

April 25th, 2098.

Tohno Akiha, one that looked almost exactly like the Tohno Akiha he knew, had vanished over eighty years ago.

For the next two days he stayed at home. He truly felt sick now. Likely because of the impossibilities that had been thrust into his life.

All the other absurdities he had seen, Akiha really being over 100 years old didn't make any sense either, but he wasn't going to doubt it!

Of course, if she really was a ghost or monster, working with that ghost or monster of a P.E teacher... to do what?

To kill them all? To eat them?

Wait... but why then did Akiha restrain her? Was she a good monster, holding back the evil one?

Knock knock.

"Hiro-kun!" His mother called him. "One of your teachers is here!"

Teacher? Right... he hadn't been at school for four days, they were probably worried about him... He mechanically left his room, heading towards the living room to see... Arcueid.

"It's Tohno-sensei." His mother said, a calm smile on her face.

Her hair was back to normal, black. Her eyes were no longer gold.

But he remembered. Remembered how she was going to kill him.

"No..."

"She's been worried about you." His mom continued, oblivious to the monster standing next to her.

"No..."

"Are you OK Yumizuka-kun?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"No! Stay
    away from me!" He screamed, terror overtaking him. He ran out the front door. Anywhere but near that monster!

"Wait! Yumizuka-kun!" Arcueid shouted.

He ran.

And ran.

And ran.

But no matter how fast, how far he ran. No matter how much his legs screamed for rest. She was behind him. Finally, he couldn't run anymore.

He had hit a wall, running into an empty alleyway, with no way out.

"Oh man. This feels nostalgic." Arcueid walked over to him, a smile on her face. "Are you done running Yumizuka-kun? I think you actually beat your 100 meter dash back there."

"Stay away from me..." He gasped out. "I... I don't want to die..."

"I'm not going to hurt you." Arcueid said in a gentle voice. "I'd be a terrible teacher if I hurt one of my students." She was normal. It was the bubbly and kind Tohno-sensei he knew.

"What... what are you?" He found himself asking.

"..." Arcueid sighed, "Come on. Me and Akiha will explain things." She held out her hand.

"What's your relationship to her...?"

"Akiha?" She smiled. "She's my Sister-in-law."

He remembered Akiha's diary. "So you married her brother?"

"Yup." Arcueid said cheerfully, "Tohno by marriage. Never really had a surname before... well, maybe Brunstud counted. But that's more like a title..." She drifted off into a memory based tangent, like some sometimes did.

He laughed. It was strange, despite all the terror, he laughed. "OK... I'll... I'll trust you Sensei." He took her hand.

Soon he found himself entering that mansion once again. The sun had set, and the moon was out.

Standing in front of the gate was Akiha.

"You found him." She said to Arcueid.

"Yup. He's my prize Track student!" She laughed.

"Honestly." Akiha sighed with releif. "Come on Hiroto. I'll make some tea."

"Oh! I want some!" Arcuied ran in ahead of them both.

"Does she ever change?" Akiha muttered, yet there was a smile on her face.

"I'm glad to see you're OK Hiroto." Akiha said as she poured the tea. "I warned you not to go into the basement."

"..."

"The stairs are old and rotted, you tripped and fell. You were out cold for a few hours. Did you even realize it? You're lucky that Arcuied found you. Then you go and freak out and run away. Scared her to death." Akiha said without a hitch.

A lie. A convenient lie, one that he would have readily accepted were it not for the extra evidence he had collected...

"Tohno-san..." He accepted his cup. "...I found a newspaper article about you."

Arcuied was silent. "Really?" Akiha said.

"Yes, it even had a picture of you... but it was strange... the article was written over eighty years ago." He looked at her in the eyes. "Akiha-san. How old are you?"

Silence.

Then, Akiha laughed. "Hiroto. Curiosity killed the cat. Do you really want to know? Or would you rather stay ignorant of the truth. Last chance."

"Akiha-"

"It's only fair, Arcuied. What we've done to him deserves payment. If he desires the truth, we shall give it him."

"I..." He clenched his fists. "I want to know what the hell is this? Who are you? What are you?"

"I see." Akiha sipped her tea. "Drink your tea, Hiroto. Then I'll explain."

"OK..." He quickly drunk the tea. "It's good..."

"It is pretty good..." Arcuied said.

"It is one of Kohaku's old blends." Akiha said with a smile. "Now then. Hiroto, as you have probably guessed. Neither Arcuied or I are human."

"What are you then?"

"We're what you would call vampires." Arcuied continued.

"Ah. But to be precise, me and Arcueid are two different types of vampires." Akiha added another layer to the explanation. "Arcuied is a True Ancestor. A being who was born as a vampire. I, on the other hand, am a Dead Apostle. A human that was turned into a vampire."

"So wait..." The pieces clicked together. "When you disappeared! On June 30th! You-"

"Correct. I used one of my contacts in the Magi Association to inform... never mind." Akiha shook her head. "Yes the day after that, I became a vampire."

"..." Arcuied was silent.

"And..." He looked at his teacher. "You were the one to make her into a vampire, weren't you?"

"...yeah." Arcuied sighed, "I didn't like doing it. But Akiha practically forced me too."

"It wasn't that hard." Akiha glanced over at Arcuied.

"...why did you do it?" Hiroto found himself asking. As far as he knew, being turned into a vampire was a bad thing.

"Because it was the only way to keep the promise I made to Nii-san." Akiha cool exterior cracked, and for a moment he saw sadness. "I... I loved Nii-san more then anything." Tears began to fall down her face. "And... and the last thing he asked me! The last thing he said to me! Was to watch over his wife. I would do anything for him!"

"..." Arcuied looked away. He could see a glimpse of... shame? Upon her.

"I... I was never fully human. The Tohno family has always had inhuman blood mixed in. From it, I gained the power to 'Plunder'. I could absorb heat, energy, mana, anything I wanted from anything. I discovered that using this power on Arcuied drains the bloodlust out of her."

"True Ancestors don't need to drink blood." Arcuied spoke again. "But we feel the urge to. It's insane. Like a drug addiction you have from birth. We may be immortal, but our 'deaths' come from us sealing away ourselves to avoid going mad from the bloodlust."

Hiroto stared at the two woman. The two vampires... what had he been expecting? Not this almost tragic story...

"So, I became a Dead Apostle in order to live with Arcuied. Vampires are immortal, though imperfectly." Akiha continued. "With me around, Arcuied can live life without fear, and be happy... and with that, Nii-san's last wish is granted. Plus, draining her energy actually keeps my body sated, so I only need to drink blood when a large amount of her bloodlust is absorbed. I always keep a few packets around for that." She sighed with relief. "It felt good getting that off my chest."

"So... what now?" Hiroto said.

"Oh." Akiha smiled, "The drugs should be kicking in now."

"Drugs...?" Hiroto suddenly realized his vision had become blurry. "What.. did..."

"So that's what you meant by one of Kohaku's old blends..." Arcueid laughed.

"Don't worry Hiroto. I won't hurt you. But I wouldn't have to do this if you had been content with our lie." Akiha walked over to him. "I like you. Your crush on me is cute."

"You..." He could only see Akiha's face... and her golden eyes.

"The drug, combined with my Mystic Eyes, should make you forget you ever met me."

"Why...?"

"Because Arcuied had enemies. Nobody can be allowed to know how the White Princess keeps her bloodlust in check. Tohno Akiha must never be revealed to be alive as a Dead Apostle."

"I wouldn't..."

"It wouldn't matter if you wanted to keep a secret, Hiroto. Her enemies could easily tear your mind apart to learn the truth."

He could only see her eyes now.

"So go to sleep, Hiroto. When you awaken, this will all have been a dream..."

"...dream..."

The eyes vanished.

"OK! Good job everybody!" Tohno-sensei said as P.E drifted to a close. "Go shower. You reek!"

"Hey... Yumizuka?" A classmate of his asked.

"Yeah?"

"I hear you went to that old mansion. Is that true?"

"..." Hiroto felt a slight headache come on. "Oh yeah. I heard how it was haunted to I explored it."

"What was it like?"

"..." Hiroto's memory came to him. "Empty. Nothing in there but dust."

"Lame..."

"Yeah I was disappointed too.

The End.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I remember that one, it was good~
    LIKE A KING

Blog Entries
    ^ Same here, with an additional dash of confusing and creepy. But Very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Good news everyone!

With this, every single Tsukihime short I posted up on old BL is back!

Now I can start filling this thread with new crap!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good!
    LIKE A KING

Now this is my fav thread.

The moon was full, it's light shining down upon the earth. The stars glittered like small gems. Once, the moon and stars would be the only light that touched this world when the away. But Man had changed things. They had defeated the darkness with their wisdom. Now the night shone not with the moon and stars, but with the electric lights of cities. The ever-moving lights of cars, and the small pockets of campfire resting within tamed and mastered forests.

When had Man become the ruler of the world? She didn't know. She had lived a long time, and knew the strength and tenacity of Man, but even in the time of her birth the signs had been there.

"Heh." She almost laughed, "Well now." She glanced up at the sky, clouds were coming. Soon, a storm would pass over this city. She turned to the beast at her side, "Stay here, dear. I'm just going to pay a friendly visit." To see the final victory of Man over this Earth. To see the final sign that it was they who would live beyond anything this single world could contain.

To think, Gaia's greatest creation, tamed by a mere human boy.

A Midnight Dreary

By Pata Hikari

Tohno Shiki yawned, it was Nine o'clock, and he was rather tired. He had been working hard on studying to get into University. It was hard enough with Akiha breathing down his neck ("Nii-san, that college is not appropriate for one of your standing!") but Arcueid didn't seem to quite get the idea of collage. ("Shiki! I thought you finished school!") As such, his studies often stressful and interrupted by one thing or another. Still, they were going well, he thought.

"Shiki-sama, are you going to bed?" Hisui asked.

"Yeah, I know it's a little early, but it's better this way." He gave her a smile, "After all, the mind retains information better if it's rested. And if I want to get into a good college I have to retain a lot."

"Of course." Hisui nodded, "Good night, Shiki-sama." She turned off the lights in his room.

"Night, Hisui." Shiki yawned, got into bed, and closed his eyes.

~----------------~

Shiki heard breathing. It was soft, it was quiet, and above all, it was the breathing of someone he didn't know.

His eyes shot open, leaning over him, looking directly into his eyes, were a pair of red ones. "Ahhhawahhh!" He shouted, and the owner of the eyes pulled away as Shiki shot up. "What.. who are...?" He reached for his glasses... but stopped. The person who had startled him was a young girl, appearing roughly fourteen years of age. Her eyes were red, her hair black. The dress she wore matched her hair, being so dark it seemed to absorb light itself. On the left side of her head was a single braid of blonde hair, it didn't look like her natural hair color. Rather, it looked like she had taken someone else's hair and braided it into her own. But none of this was what made Shiki pause.

The girl had no lines of Death. The black lines that stretched over everything, promising their eventual end... did not exist on this girl.

"Who... are you?" He asked, "What are you doing here?"

The girl giggled, "Both very good questions. I think I'll answer the second first." She leaned close to him, and smiled. He could see the fangs in her smile. "I... want you to escort me. A date, if you will."

"...what." Shiki pulled on his glasses, giving the girl a deadpan stare. "There are better ways to ask a guy out, you know."

The girl giggled again, "True... true. Perhaps I should let you cut me up into seventeen chunks of meat. Maybe then I'll be more to your liking, Shiki."

Shiki's eyes widened, "Guh... OK. Who. Are. You?" He demanded of the girl, slowly reaching for his knife. (Though he wondered what good it would do against a being that apparently didn't possess a death...)

She gave him a gentle smile. "I have quite a few names. However, I think my personal name will be enough. I am Altrouge Brunstud, the Black Princess of the Dead Apostle Ancestors."

"...Brunstud..." Shiki frowned, "What's your connection to Arcueid?"

"It's... complex." She gave a long sigh, "We are sometimes called sisters. However, 'cousins' is perhaps more appropriate. You see, I was born from a union of a True Ancestor and a Dead Apostle."

"...that's possible?" Shiki raised an eyebrow.

"Indeed." She gave a vicious smile, leaning closer to him. "Now... I wonder. If that union produced a monster like me... what will you and Arcueid's union create?"

"Don't say such things." Shiki glared at her. In response another giggle.

"Well now, will you accept my request?" Altrouge asked, "What gentleman of a fine family wouldn't escort a lady when she is visiting a new city?"

"..." Shiki folded his arms, "Couldn't you have come at a different time? I was trying to sleep."

"Remember? I'm a vampire." Her laughter was beginning to irritate him. "I do better in the night."

"Tch." Shiki rolled his eyes, "And if I say no?"

"I'll leave for tonight, but I'll come back and ask again until you say yes."

"That's it?" Shiki had expected a little more...

"Oh were you expecting me to threaten you?" She laughed even louder. "I am not insane, Shiki. If I hurt you, in the slightest, Arcueid would destroy me. I don't think I could win if her full wrath was turned on me." She sighed, "Not that it matters much anyways. But I'd rather delay the inevitable."

"..." Shiki sighed, "Fine."

She smiled, "Oh wonderful, get dressed. I'll be waiting outside." She opened his window and jumped out... just as rain began to fall.

"Grand. Just wonderful." Shiki muttered. What had he gotten into this time?

~----------------~

She was standing by the gate, a few raindrops falling down on her head. It was light for now, but soon the rain would get heavier.

"There you are." Shiki had taken two umbrellas as he walked outside. He handed one to Altrouge. "Here."

"Ah, thank you." She took the umbrella, "Such a gentleman."

"Right..." Shiki said, "What do you want...?"

"Follow me please." She grasped his hand, "We're going on a little walk." She moved with pride and determination. Her walk was the one of one who knew her goal. She set forth, and would reach her destination no matter what.

Disturbingly enough, it reminded him of Akiha.

~----------------~

The streets were quiet. The city slept, only a handful of men and women wandered at this out, and they were all rushing to get out of the rain. At the corner of an intersection, Altrouge and Shiki stood. Skihi's gaze was focused on the girl, he still didn't know exactly what to do about this girl. She was strange, like her "sister", yet in a different way. Her gaze was upon the streets, the buildings, and the people. Her eyes drifted from target to target, taking in everything.

"Do you realize," She finally spoke, "What it took?" She looked at him, "The work it took, to gather the materials, to put them together. To create the blueprints, to feed and clothe the workers creating this all. Do you realize how much effort humans put into creating this city? Even just this single road?"

"Uhhh..." Shiki hadn't really thought about such things before...

"Of course you don't. The Miracles of Man are commonplace to you. This city is a greater creation then the great Millennium Palace, yet you walk through it every day. You do not express wonder at it... tell me, how did she react to your world?" She asked him, "No need to answer, just think about it." She grabbed his hand again, "Come on, I'll treat you to a meal."

~----------------~

The restaurant was surprisingly refined. The tables were beautifully carved, the walls covered with art. Soft music could be heard. “Why is a place like this open so late?” He asked.

“Often enough the wealthy stay up late, who’s to say they don’t want some food befitting their station?” Altrouge said as they approached the front desk, she turned to the doorman. “Brunstud, table for two.”

“So you made a reservation planning this?” Shiki said.

“Of course, I am grateful you’re providing company. Eating alone is so dreadful.” She wrapped her arm around his.

“...riiiight.”

~----------------~

They were lead to their table and handed menus. One look at it told Shiki this was a place where only the absurdly wealthy ate at. “Order whatever you like.” Altrouge said.

Shiki just stared at the menu, “You know, when me and Arcueid eat out... we just go get a burger.”

Altrouge raised an eyebrow, “Hmmm, well, she may be a being of simple tastes. But I possess a more... refined palette.” Two wine glasses were placed on the table. “Champagne?”

“...fine.” Shiki shrugged, finally spotting something on the menu that didn’t look so expensive as to make him feel guilty. After giving their orders, a waiter filled their glasses with champagne.

“Right, now we wait for our dinner.” Altrouge took a sip of her drink, “So, Shiki, tell me about yourself.”

“Well, I was adopted when I was 7... I didn’t really get along with my old man. After an accident when I was a kid, I lived with a branch family until he died. Then Akiha, my sister, called me back...then I met Arc.” He gave the abridged version of his life story to her. He didn’t quite know if he wanted her knowing every detail of his life.

“Ah.. what an interesting and bloody time that must have been.” She leaned forward, cupping her head in her hands. “Some quite impossible things happened here.”

Shiki shrugged, “I don’t think they’re impossible if they happened.” In response to this Altrouge laughed. “So what about you? Tell me about yourself.”

Altrouge smiled, “Ah, very well.” She took a sip of her wine. “I am a monster.” She paused a moment to take in Shiki’s expression. “I was born from an unnatural union. I am quite possibly insane. I have personally ended around a hundred lives, and those who serve me have done many more.” She giggled. “I kind when I wish to be, and cruel when I wish to be.” She looked thoughtful, “I drink blood around once every other decade. Though, I have only ever turned one human into a Dead Apostle, and I did it at his request.” She finished her wine, and poured another glass. “When I was young and foolish, I had wild ambitions. Dreams of power, I would take the world into my hands! Every living being would bow to me, I was the strongest, I was unbeatable.” She pointed to the blond braid in her hair, “You see this, Shiki? This is Arcueid’s hair. I took it from her as a trophy after defeating her, ending her rampage that had killed every other True Ancestor.” She sighed, “Yes, back then I was such a child.”

“What happened?” Shiki asked.

“Ah, it was a bit less then a century ago. I beleive it’s called World War 1 by historians, no?” Shiki nodded “Well, yes. I saw that. I live in Europe mostly, so I got to see the war first hand. Do you know how many humans died in that battle? Over nine million! You humans killed more of yourselves then every monster that has ever lived did combined.” She shook her head, “Seeing you humans inflict such terrible devastation on yourselves... and then to recover! You recovered enough to have a second, even bloodier one a mere two decades later. It.. it made me see how powerless, how small and insignificant, I really am.”

“I see...” Shiki said, “So what have you been doing since then?”

She laughed, “Oh, mostly traveling the world. I wanted to see what I had missed. I learned a lot about people. I learned a lot of silly things, I learned how to farm, how to weave a basket, how to program computers, I even dated a human boy for a year.”

“Well, I guess that’s better then plotting world domination.” Shiki gave his own little laugh.

~----------------~

After that exquisite midnight meal, they left to wander the city. This time, Shiki trailed slightly behind Altrouge. She seemed to have a destination in mind, she walked with purpose. Yet... her gaze drifted from sight to sight, taking in everything.

She was, in many ways, the exact opposite of Arcueid. Despite looking like an adult, in many ways Arcuied had the innocence of a girl. She saw the world as a wondrous thing, to explore and to learn from. Altrouge, on the other hand, looked like a young girl, yet she acted like an old cynical adult. Even something as simple as the clothing they wore showed their contrast.

Finally, Altrouge stopped. They had stopped in front of a familiar building.

“Ah... the Shrine building.” Shiki said.”This where you wanted to go?” He stepped in front of Altrouge. She looked... sad.

“Ah. He died here.” She said suddenly.

“Who did?”

“Zepia.” She said.

“Zepia... wait... you mean the Night of Wallachia?”

“Correct.” She said, “He was a friend of mine.” She sighed, “I had thought he might achieve his wish. But his dream didn’t even reach the half way point.”

“....” Shiki was silent.

“It’s easy to guess how he died. The condition of him returning from the phenomena was something that Arcueid could easily recreate.” She said.

“Yeah. She helped kill him.” Shiki said, “Still... I guess I’m sorry for your loss, if he was your friend.”

In response, she laughed. “Ah yes. It’s the inherent hypocrisy of us all. I knew him as something other then a monster, so I care about his passing. Yet you feel no regret, you only feel empathy towards me.” She suddenly grabbed Shiki’s hands, “You killed him, didn’t you?” She looked into his eyes.

“...yeah.” He answered.

“Ah... tell me, Shiki, can you kill me?”

“...the moon is full.” Shiki said, “So no.”

“Ah, very good answer Shiki.” She leaned in closer to him, “So tell me, Shiki, if it was morning, could you kill me?”

“...yeah.” Shiki said.

She blinked, leaning slightly closer... he could feel her breath on his lips. Finally, she started giggling. “Oh... yes. I believe you. You can do it.”

“Well, thanks.” Shiki gave her an uneasy smile. “Now... uh... can you step back a little? This position is awkward.”

“Oh... that’s disappointing.” She sighed, “Well, can you answer me another question before I do so, Shiki?”

Shiki sighed, “Fine...”

“Ah good...” She said, “Well then, just let me ask you this, why did you kill him? Why do you kill?”

“...” Shiki sighed, “He was going to hurt people.”

“Of course. You’re not a monster, you don’t kill without meaning.” She said, “You only hurt when needed. That’s... a very human trait.” She pushed forward, pressing her lips against his.

“...” Shiki didn’t respond, he simply pulled away from her. “OK, is that what you wanted?”

Altrouge shook her head, “That was me acting on impulse.” The rain stopped, and the clouds began to slowly part. “I’m done. I’ll escort you home now, Shiki.”

~----------------~

Ultimately, he had been out with her for around an hour.

However, it came to an end, and they began to approach the mansion. Altrouge hadn’t said a single word since the “date” ended. Upon reaching the gates, she stopped, and handed the umbrella had had loaned her to him. “Thank you.” She said.

“Ah... you’re welcome.” Shiki said, “It was an interesting night, Altrouge.”

She smiled, “I’ll be sure to remember it.” Suddenly, she turned around. “Ah...”

“Shiki! Shiki!” A familar voice called to him, and Arcueid came out from the inside of the mansion, “Where have you been....!!” She stopped a foot away from the gate.

“Good evening.” Altrouge said.

“What... are you doing here?” Arcuied snapped, her eyes narrowed.

“I wanted to see how you were doing.” She answered, “Don’t worry, I didn’t harm him.” She giggled, “Besides, tonight’s a full moon. Fighting me is pointless, no?”

“Tch...” Arcuied said.

“Farewell, Arcuied.” Altroge backed away from Shiki. “I don’t think we’ll meet again.”

“Are you OK Shiki?” In an instant Arcuied was by Shiki, she actually started feeling him. “She didn’t do anything? Did she...? Are you OK! Did she...”

“I’m fine Arc! Really! She didn’t do anything.” Shiki protested.

~----------------~
    By the time the sun began to rise, Altrouge had long left the city behind.

“Well now...” She said to nobody but herself. “What do do...?” She looked to the dawn. “Well... I don’t have much time left. So let’s see... I wonder what this country is like?” She whistled, and her loyal pet appeared before her in an instant. “Let’s go boy.”

End.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Altrouge makes an appearance~

All good things must come to an end I suppose. Both the snippet and her life.
    LIKE A KING

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You've made Altrouge a very Ilya-esque character haven't you?

I rather like it actually.