Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Fanfiction RETURNS

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar

Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Fanfiction RETURNS

Time to start reposting old stories. Then some new crap

Meeting

By Pata Hikari
    Luck is the only reason the two women met.

In actuality, both women had hopped to never cross paths. Beings of great power tend to prefer solitude, for several reasons.

The biggest, of course, is that so much power in one person is already basically painting a "Kick Me" sign that the world likes to use periodically upon them. So more then one powerful being is just asking for trouble.

However, both women were polite, and greeted each other. It's only proper to show respect to an equal. There was no need to introduce themselves, they knew of each other by reputation alone.

"Never thought I'd meet you, Blue." The blond woman with red eyes spoke first, a faint smile on her face.

The other woman, with long red hair and sharp blue eyes nodded and smiled in return. "Neither did I, it would seem Fate had other plans, Princess of the True Ancestors."

A short silence followed, the park was quiet this late at night.

The blond woman spoke up, "So... how about I get us some soda and then we talk?"

The red head nodded, "I'll sit down and wait."

"Yeah yeah." The other woman left, and the red head sat down on a near by bench. Her name is Aozaki Aoko, she is actually rarely called by her name. Most people call her simply "Blue", after her Magic. Her sister calls her "You irresponsible Bitch" most of the time... and one boy calls her "Sensei."

The blond came back. She was holding two cans of some kind of sugar water. "Here you go." She tossed her a can.

"Thanks." Aoko caught it with ease, and the blond sat down next to her.

Her name was Arcueid Brunestud. Like Aozaki she was called several things. "Princess of the True Ancestors" was probably the most pleasant. "Monster" and "Demon" were decidedly less so.

They were pretty similar, all things considered. Both gifted with great power, yet this power set them apart from others. Both had seen hardship and pain, and both have to live knowing that they'll never truly be a part of the rest of society, even as they desire it.

"And both have absolutely bitchy sisters." She snickered to herself.

Arcueid glanced over at Aoko "Huh?"

"Nothing" Aoko shook her head, "Just thinking and that part came out loud."

"I see." Arcueid took a sip of her soda, "So, what brings you here."

"The Magi association wanted me to give this country a look over. First not one, but three crazy powerful Dead Apostles meet their end here, then that snafu with the 5th Grail War happens and then the time loop... one of Atlas betraying them... plus there's the issue with the True Ancestor staying here instead of her castle, though personally I wanted to leave that particular one alone and let some other chump Magus look at it." She sighed in annoyance, "Normally Japan's such a quiet place, relatively, but recently it's been nothing but trouble." She shook her head.

"I see." Arcueid laughed, "Sounds like you've been busy, Blue." She smiled kindly, "Well, since I'm here, you might as well get this job over with and not throw it onto the lap of some 'chump Magus.'"

"OK then, Princess." Aoko smirked, "Why are you here, in this far off country, rather then sleeping in Castle Brunestud?" She took a sip of her soda.

"I have a boyfriend." Arcueid said this simply, she had a joyous smile on her face that Aoko recognized as one speaking of love.

The soda promptly flew from her mouth. Of all the various reasons, the one she had given was both simple yet astounding. The mighty Princess, the Weapon who exists to kill the fallen children of the True Ancestors, was staying in this country for a boy.

"Just like in a cartoon!" Arcueid laughed, "Never seen anybody actually do that before."

"Glad to see you're amused." Aoko muttered. This girl before her, a happy childish girl in love, conflicted greatly with the stories told. A cold, harsh woman who destroyed her enemies with ruthless efficiency, and then left once her mission was complete. "So, a boyfriend huh?" She laughed, "That's actually pretty funny. Can't wait to see the look on their face when I tell them." She crushed her soda can, it was empty. "So, what sort of guy is he?."

"He's great." Arcueid took on a look of happy nostalgia, "He's really nice, well, when he's not yelling at me for being stupid about something. And he cooks great and takes care of me!"

"He sounds like a regular guy." Aoko couldn't exactly imagine her taking time out of her busy hunting to hook up with a person.

"Well..." She tilted her head to the side, "He's mostly normal, there's one thing about him that... oh! Right! I remember now! You made him something! A pair of glasses..."

"Glasses?" The realization hit her. That boy, the one that called her Sensei. The boy with the curse, eyes that could see into the Root of All Things, and see the destined End that all must have. "...Shiki?"

"Yup, that's his name." Arcueid seemed amused by her surprise.

"...well, can't say it's completely unexpected." Aoko finally muttered, "Power attracts Power. And Tohno Shiki has a great power."

"Yeah, it's something. If he didn't have it we wouldn't have ever met."

"Oh, really" Aoko smirked, "How did you meet?"

"Hmm.. let's see..." Arcueid put a finger on her chin, "It was the day I had arrived in the country. I went into my apartment, and Shiki arrived a second later. He then killed me." She said this with a grin.

"..." Aoko started, "What?"

"Well, technically I still existed, all he did was cut me up into seventeen pieces, but still, had to regrow my entire body 'cause he killed the parts he cut off, so I couldn't reattach them."

"...Um, that doesn't sound like the Shiki I remember." Aoko muttered.

"Well, technically it isn't, you see, Shiki sometimes goes into this 'killing mode' where he isn't himself." She shrugged, "It's something involving me not being human that triggered it." Arcueid smiled.

"...that sounds dangerous"

"Well, he only gets in it a few times. The last time he did it was when we took care of the Tatari..."

Aoko raised an eyebrow, "He killed the Night of Wallachia?"

"And Nero Chaos, and Roa too." Arcueid sounded almost proud.

Aoko sighed, "So he killed three creatures that not even The Church could seal away? My, he's been busy, at least now I know why three Dead Apostle Ancestors have died here."

"Two, they rejected Roa, remember."

"Oh, right. Yes." Aoko sighed. "You know... as impressive as Shiki's power is, you know it's as much a curse as a blessing, right?"

"...yeah, I know." The mood became somber.

"He can die at any moment." Aoko sighed, "He likely won't survive another decade." She glanced at Arcueid, "Are you OK with that? I mean... even if he was a normal human, you are the True Ancestor, you will live as long as Gaia lives... are you really OK, with being with him such a short time?" Her eyes changed, no longer were they the eyes of a kindly woman having a chat, they were the eyes of a Magus, concerned with the world. "You could make it so that he lives, all it would take is you giving in again... taking his blood and replacing it with your own. He would be yours forever, and with his eyes combined with the strength of a Dead Apostle, he'd be unbeatable."

Silence followed.

A distant look appeared on Arcuied's face, "He offered it, once. He told me to drink his blood, he didn't care about what would happen to him. The pain he would feel once the Vampric Urge came upon him, all he cared was that it was causing me pain, and he could end it." She closed her eyes, "I refused, of course, because I knew it would only bring misery on him." She sighed, "Even if he thought he could resist it... even if he thought he could control it, he could not. I have seen it before." She glanced over at Aoko, "A Dead Apostle, thinking that they can get by with just a little blood, not taking enough to kill a person, just enough to get by. They think by doing this, they can have the best of both worlds, the abilities of a vampire, but without the horrible urge to kill." She laughed bitterly, "In the end, their long lives made the urge more powerful... the years eroded away their morality, and they became monsters. I would never do that to the one I love."

"I see." Aoko nodded, "I'm glad that's the reply you gave, Princess."

"If I ever think of changing my mind on this, you have permission to kill me." Arcueid said, half joking, half serious.

"Got it."

They both laughed, a simple laugh, anyone walking by would have assumed they were old friends sharing a joke.

"Well, Princess, I must take my leave." Aoko stood up, "It's been a pleasure meeting you... but please don't be offended when I say I hope Fate never brings us together again, because next time it may not be so pleasant."

"Oh I agree Blue, it was fun but I'd father not tempt Fate twice." Arcuied nodded, "Before you go though, I'll buy us another soda, OK?"

"I wouldn't mind, can you get me coke this time?"

"Sure thing."

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    YES! Looks like someone got my hopeful message. Welcome back, Pata!
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Cold

By Pata Hikari

Satsuki hated the cold.

In the winter, she'd always bundle up as much as possible wrap herself in coats and scarfs. Anything to keep back the hated chill. Her parents made jokes, talking about how if she had her way she'd never leave her blanket. Wrapped in her own little world... she kept the cold world away.

-----

She remembers when she first saw him.

He was a quiet, lanky boy. Dark hair, his face covered by a pair of glasses. Face that was both serious and kind. It was an unusual combination. She wanted to talk to him, to learn who he was... why did he inspire these feelings in her?

"Um... hello." She said quietly, approaching him. "I'm Yumizuka Satsuki..."

"Hi." He smiled, " My name's Tohno Shiki."

-----

It was winter.

She had joined the badminton club... not for any particular reason. It was just something to do. To take up her time, stave away the boredom.

But now they were trapped. The shed door had become stuck.

It was cold.

Satsuki was wearing nothing but her PE shirt and shorts. They couldn't escape.

-----

Coward.

She was such a coward. Rather then keep up the conversation with Shiki, she had turned away, mumbling a "nice to meet you." Why.

Why did she do that?

Because she had seen something behind his eyes, a cold weariness... one that had seen things she never could comprehend. It scared her... as much as she wanted to know him, to become his friend and maybe more, to approach those cold depths wasn't something she could handle.

-----

She was walking down the street. It was late, she didn't have permission to be out.

"Hey, Sacchin... have you heard? That Tohno boy... he's been spotted wandering around real late, like, past midnight late"

So she was looking for him. It was just another step in her life. Finding out everything about Tohno Shiki, it was almost an obsession. Ever since she had felt that warm yet cold gaze. Did she love him? At this point she couldn't even tell herself that. She wanted him... but she didn't know if she wanted Tohno Shiki or the idea of Tohno Shiki, that unreachable goal of understanding the true being behind his mask.

So she searched for this mysterious person, who looked like him, said to appear in the streets at night... a fleeting glance of a ghost.

-----

She was going to die.

Frozen to death in this cursed shed. The worst death she could think of... dying cold...

Then she heard his voice. He had come, he promised to help.

Her eyes lit up, she looked towards the door. As he opened it.

Sure, the others said it was Sensei's doing... but she knew the truth, he had saved them. The way he smiled at her, offering such a simple confort. He was like that, never once even noticing the kindness he offered. It was his blessing and her curse.

That was when she decided that, even if she would never speak to him, even if he never noticed her, she would know everything about Tohno Shiki.

-----

Cold.

She was cold. So cold. The dark lonely alley... how did she get here?

Blood. She was covered in it... it plastered the alley, the walls the ground...

"What's happening...?" She whimpered, slowly standing up. Her body hurt... and it was so cold. Where did the blood come from?

The blood.

Her body ached, and for some reason, the sight of that blood did not horrify her. Even though she knew that waking up in an alley covered in blood was wrong and scary she should be scared but she isn't why isn't she...

She wanted it. Yet the blood was drying, turning from vibrant beautiful red to a dull brown color. If she wanted it... it needed to be-

What was she thinking!? She needed to go home, clear her head, get out of the cold... sun was coming up... Tohno Shiki was not here... she should just... go... home.

-----

Heat.

The sun was bright and it burned it was so hot why did it hurt so much yet she was still cold. The burning light and heat seared her skin and made her cry out. Yet she was still cold, still cold as she ran into the alley once more, finding shade and hiding behind a dumpster. Here she was safe from the light.

Cold.

She was alone in the dark now. The streets were still quiet.

Blood.

She wanted blood... somehow she knew, if she found blood she would be free of this chill.

Death.

You aren't human any more. A voice spoke to her. No... less of a voice, more of a feeling.

Pain.

The sun burns you, the light takes away your strength, your body is destroying itself, unable to support the power that now rests within you.

Blood.

Blood will support you, take away the pain and cold... all will be better once you've had some blood.

Cold... blood... cold. So cold So cold so cold so cold socoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldso coldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsoco ldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocoldsocold socold.........

-----

She had talked to him, really talked to him, walking home with him as he moved back to that mansion that had discarded him like trash. It had been minor, trivial things. He didn't even realize how important he was to her.

As expected. She told him the tale of how he had saved her, winning over her heart truly. He didn't even remember it until she told him. A fitting irony.

It all came to a end, as the paths they walked split. Her home was further down the road, while his was now up the hill, hidden in a dark mansion behind stone walls.

"If it's within my power, I'll help you."

She extracted that promise from him, she knew he was the type of person who would make such oaths. A selfish desire, yet when she heard him say it her heart sang.

As she watched him leave, she decided that she'd spend one more night out, seeing if she could discover if the rumors of him wandering were true.

-----

Night had finally come.

She was still cold, but at least the light hadn't burned her away.

Blood. Cold.

Two thoughts filled her mind. She wanted warmth, and she wanted blood. One would lead to the other. She walked out into the streets...

A young woman. Older then her, wearing a coat and jeans. Short black hair, earrings.

Drink.

she stared at this woman, as she walked towards her.

Cold.

The night air was cold. She could see the woman's hot breath, clouds of steam. She walked at a leisurely pace, she was in no hurry. Her gaze turned towards Satsuki. She paused, her eyes showed concern.

Food.

"Are you OK, little girl?" She asked, her voice kind and soft, "You look lost."

"..." Satsuki stared at her...

And grabbed her by the neck.

The woman's eyes widened, she tried to shout, but her windpipe was shut, held by inhuman strength. Satsuki dragged her back, into the alley. There was no trace of the blood that had been here, as if it had all faded to ash.

...her eyes showed fear.

"...I'm sorry." Satsuki whispered, and slammed the woman into the ground. she fell unconscious. Now she was ready to feed.

Kneeling down, she bit into the woman's neck, sharp fangs had grown... they easily pierced the skin and muscle. Blood began to flow.

And she drank.

And drank.

And drank.

And warmth returned to her.

Satsuki drank, more and more, the blood was sweeter then anything she had ever tasted. It was ambrosia, a joy incomparable. Then the flow ceased.

"Hmm?" She looked up, at her victim. The woman was nothing more then a shriveled husk, all fluids drained... she slowly turned to ash, fading into the wind.

"...I killed her."

She had been just someone concerned for the scared and sick looking high school girl. And she had killed her. Killed her. To satisfy her craving, to fill her.

"...I ate her." She realized. "She wasn't... it wasn't because I'm evil, or because I hated her. I needed food... to live." She knew, if she had not drunken the blood, she would have died... burned by the sun or frozen by the cold that had filled her. "...then I didn't do anything wrong. After all, what's the difference between me killing and a butcher killing? Both are needed for food... yes." She stood up, a smile on her face, "I didn't do anything wrong! I just needed to eat. I needed to live. Her sacrifice will be-" And she collapsed into a coughing fit. Her body burned, the cold returned. She hacked and coughed, blood flying out of her throat, the woman's blood.

Finally she stopped, while there was still blood in her, she could feel the cold again.

"...filthy woman." Her eyes burned with hate, "Your blood made me sick!" She kicked at the ground where she once lay, "I... I need more. Some that won't hurt me... but still fill me."

-----

His voice. It called out to her. He called his name. He was looking for her.

His promise.

He was keeping his promise.

Yet she couldn't let him see her now, tired cold and weak. She needed blood, once she became stronger she could reveal herself to him.

Her new body had some strange new powers, it seemed. She discovered that if she looked someone straight in the eyes she could command them. A simple sudden command, and they obeyed like a trained animal. Whatever she had become, it was clearly superior to humans. It was trivial to gather four people this way, she sent them off to that alley, and told them to wait.

She marched back, sure enough they were waiting, they seemed to have been talking, they were scared, not knowing why they obeyed those commands.

They would not be easy food like the woman had been, they were cautious of her, they noticed her. She doubted they'd let her look into their eyes again.

She looked down at her hands, they had changed slightly. Sharp claws extended from her fingernails. A smile formed on her face, this would be enough. Walking towards them slowly, she spoke calmly. "Do you want me to be honest?" She asked quietly.

"Just tell us what the hell is going on?" A somewhat heavyset salary man asked, he had probably been walking home from work when she had ordered him here.

"OK." She nodded, she was a single step away from them now. "You four are going to die. I need to kill you to live, I'm sorry. But if you think about it, how many animals have died to feed you? It's only fair."

After a stunned silence the salaryman spoke, "That's ridiculous-" He was silenced by her suddenly grabbing his arm.

"I think I need to drive the point home." Satsuki growled, these dumb people didn't get it. So, in a casual motion, she ripped the mans arm off. It was remarkably easy to do, all she had to do was brace her other hand against his shoulder to keep the rest of his body from moving. Once she did that, she was able to tear apart the meat and bones like paper.

The salaryman fell to the ground, he did not scream. No, the pain overloaded his mind. However, the other three did, and they tried to run, but the only way out of the alley was past her, and she could not allow any of her food to escape. It took only a single minute. She tore apart and destroyed all four people. Then, she got to work.

"..geez, maybe I should be more... subtle next time." She glanced at the walls and ground, blood covered everything. "...oh well, I can afford to be wasteful, with four people this time." She bit down on the salaryman's neck first, draining him of that wonderous blood...

Satsuki moved through each persons torso, she could drain the leftover blood from the arms and legs later. She reached the last man, he had been thrown against the wall when she had shoved her hand through his throat. She moved down to bite him...

When her body spasmed, a thick liquid poured out from her throat, flowing into the body of the man, even as she drained him of his blood. She gagged, pulling away. "What was...?" She coughed, and blood splattered out, not her foods blood, but her own.

"...strange." She stared at it. "Hmm..." She realized then what would happen, with her own blood in his body, it would change it, turning him into a creature like her. However, it would be a slave to her will, under her control.

She heard footsteps, someone was coming. She could stay behind and kill them too... or maybe see if this creature that was becoming like her would be of any use. She jumped up, higher then any human could ever jump, and ran up the wall to the top of the building to observe.

-----

Vampire was a word that had been spreading around the town lately.

A Vampire is, basically, a monster from western folklore. According to tradition, vampires are monsters who were once human, survived by drinking the blood of the living, and could not survive in the sun.

That fit what Satsuki had become rather well.

"So... I'm a vampire now?" It seemed appropriate to her. "Perhaps the serial killer is one too?" It made sense, after all, one became a vampire by being changed into one by another vampire. "Hmm... the Vampire Satsuki." She smiled faintly, "I like the sound of it."

-----

No! No! No! No! In an instant she sent a mental command to the withered, sloppy creature to simply die.

Why did it have to be him?

Tohno Shiki, she had thought she had lost him, but he had caught up with her, somehow.

She needed to stay calm, hiding her hands behind her back, she called out to him. Maybe she could get him to leave. "Tohno-kun. It'll be dangerous if you stay there." She called out to him, putting on a calm, smiling face. He spun around quickly, his eyes wide with surprise.

"Yumi... zuka?" He stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Good evening. Fancy meeting you in a place like this, huh?" She said cheerfully. Please just leave, go somewhere else...

"Yumizuka, you… What are you doing, out at a time like this?" He asked, he was worried. Naturally, he had been chasing her all night.

"Oh, just going for a walk." She answered lightly... then she suddenly remembered that to him, this scene of blood and death wasn't natural. What to do, what to do... I know! Redirection! "But what's Tohno-kun doing? Killing so many people like this is bad, right?"

"Killing so many people… eh?" His eyes widened, looking around in a panic. "N… no! This wasn't me!"

She couldn't help but laugh, he was so nervous, it was rather cute. "Oh, of course it was. Everyone's dead, and Tohno-kun's alive, so obviously Tohno-kun must have killed them." She decided to continue teasing him.

"No way! It just attacked me……!" But there was nothing to look at anymore, all the bodies had faded to ash, a pity, she had wondered what human meat tasted like... well, maybe next time. "Ah... It's not... this wasn't... wasn't me..." He fumbled for a reply, and she kept on laughing, it was just amusing. "Yumizuka-san, I-"

She decided to interrupt him, "Yeah, I know. You just interrupted someone's meal." It was true, of course, but she didn't need to mention that it was her meal. "I'm sorry for sounding mean. I always act against my feelings, so I'm always acting like this to you." She laughed again, her nervousness completely forgotten. Teasing Tohno Shiki was fun, he was so cute when he was nervous.

He walked over to her slowly, "Yumizuka, you..."

"What is it? Your face looks scary, Tohno-kun." She giggled.

"Yumizuka… why are you hiding your hands like that?"

She froze, she glanced down at her sleeve, there was blood. "Ah, have I been found out?" She sighed," I guess you're too observant to miss that, huh." It couldn't be helped, she guessed. It would be hard to keep it a secret from him anyways. Besides... he was going to be hers. "I've always liked that about you, Shiki-kun." She held out her hands, covered in blood, her smile still on her face.

"Yumizuka, your hands-"

"Yeah. I killed those people." It was a fact, there was no hiding it anymore. She couldn't deny her nature.

"Wha-"

"Oh, but, it's okay. I didn't kill them because I hated them. I just needed their blood to live, so I had to kill them." She did no evil, after all. Humans killed other humans for much more petty reasons. Surely she, who wasn't human, could excuse killing them to survive?

"You… really killed them, Yumizuka?" His voice, his face, they both expressed horror, so she just laughed.

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you it's a lie, right? Or do you think it's impossible for a girl like me to do such a thing?"

"Why… such a terrible thing?"

"It's not terrible." She shook her head, "Like I said, I didn't kill them because I hated them. There's nothing wrong with killing others in order to live, is there, Shiki-kun?"

It was so simple, yet he still protested, still tried to hide that cold side that she knew had to agree with her. He didn't even notice that she was like-

A spasm hit her again, and much of the precious blood she had sucked was coughed up again. She cursed her luck. "It... hurts. I guess, even if I'm hungry, I shouldn't just drink blood at random. If it's not good quality, beautiful blood, it won't agree with me..." It made sense. Blood was like any other food, there was good blood and bad blood... she broke out into another coughing fit.

It hurt... it was so cold...

She noticed that Shiki was running towards her.

"No!" she screamed, if he... "Don't come any closer, Shiki-kun!" He froze, "...you mustn't. I'm not… entirely okay, Shiki-kun." These stupid, ugly people with their worthless blood mad her hurt again, made the cold return. Now Shiki, he would have good... no. No! She didn't want to kill Shiki, not him. He could not die...

They spoke a few more words, and she ran.

-----

Satsuki waited.

It was a small apartment, she didn't know who had lived here before hand, she had just in a panic, knocked on the door until the sleepy resident answered, then she had killed him and rushed inside. Now, with the blinds up, she was safe from the sun.

She was taking her time with this one, not drinking his blood too quickly, that way even if the blood disagreed with her, it went down slowly enough that she could digest it.

She had turned up the heat all the way, but the cold still came to her. There was no escaping it. The chill must be one of the prices she had to pay, the price of losing her humanity.

Shiki...

She loved him, and now she knew how he felt.

He was a killer, plain and simple, the coldness behind his cold eyes was a warning.

"All those who approach me will die."

A simple warning, yet one she had missed for so long, only after her death as a human did she understand it.

She knew what needed to be done. it was simple. She would put her blood in Shiki, make her like him. He would look at her.

He would love her.

-----

Satsuki waited in the park, she knew that Shiki would eventually find her here.

The park was empty, people were afraid of the vampire that was stalking the streets. She guessed it would be two vampires from now on. "I wonder what he'll say if we meet." She thought about it for a moment. Whoever this vampire was, he was obviously more experienced then her. When he had put his blood into her, she had instantly become a perfect vampire. Compared to her accidental effort, more of a failure then anything else.

"Still... I have to get this done perfectly." She whispered, even as she coughed, the illness was coming over her again. "Get Shiki-kun's blood, just a little, and put mine in him." She figured that if she put her blood in him while he was alive, the transformation would go better.

"Soon he'll be like me, and I won't be alone." Empty and alone.

Like this forsaken empty garden.

-----

The meeting was short.

In the end, he had rejected her, and then, he had killed her.

His knife pierced her heart... and pierced something else, and it caused her to fade.

And so she sat here, being held in Shiki's arms.

Satsuki looked into his eyes... sighing sadly. It had come to nothing, her life would end soon. Already her legs were gone, faded into ash like her victims.

"...Shiki-kun." She whispered quietly.

....she was warm.

Banned
    So, will you be making new Fanfics?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    PH is back, hellz yeah!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice, an Arcueid fic that has a Shiki/Arcueid pairing. Haven't seen enough of those around online... unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    So, will you be making new Fanfics?
    did you read the first post.

The End of a Five Year Dream

By Pata Hikari

Everything had been hazy for so long.

There was no past, there was no present, there was only now.

My world was confined to this place, the Others left this place, but I did not. They didn't seem to want me to leave, and since my favorite Food came here, I was happy.

He would come often, he would make noises at me. I liked the noises, they were comforting. Sometimes I made noises back at him. He seemed to like this.

He would feed me. His arm would stretch out and I would eat. Somehow I knew that if I took to much from him I wouldn't ever be able to have this wonderful food again, so I moderated myself.

I think I loved him.

...and finally, the haziness disappeared, and I woke up.

-----

"...Nii-san...?"

Nii-san was lying on my lap, he looked tired, so tired. His face was haggard, his eyes faded... yet when he heard my voice, the brightest smile I have ever seen appeared on his face. His hand reached up, brushing my cheek. "Akiha..." he whispered, "I knew you'd come back... one day." He lowered his arm, and closed his eyes and let out a long sigh.

...I yawned too, I was so tired, what happened? I'll ask Nii-san when I wake up...

-----

.......My eyes opened.

I was alone, in a small room in the detached building.

Nii-san's old room.

I was dressed in an old Kimono, I stood up slowly, stretching my arms and legs. Huh? My hair, it was so long. It brushed against the floor. How strange...

I quickly moved to leave this old house, I needed to ask Nii-san what had happened. When I finally opened the door to the outdoors, I stopped. Outside was covered in snow, and I wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Great." It must have snowed pretty heavily... wait... what day is it? What day was yesterday? I couldn't remember...

-----

I stood there for a few minutes, before I heard the crunching of snow, someone was coming. I figured they could explain what was going on. I waited, and someone finally approached the house.

It was Hisui.

She had changed, for one, she wasn't wearing the formal maid outfit I had seen her in for years, she was wearing a white winter coat, and I could seen a pair of jeans as well. Her hair was longer, reaching down slightly past her shoulder. She stopped and stared at me. She looked... nervous.

"Hisui." I said, "What is going on here?" I realized something, my voice was hoarse, like I had not spoken for a long time.

Hisui's eyes widened, "Akiha...sama?"

"Yes, what is it? I'm cold Hisui, and I find myself out here with no heating and no shoes, I don't' want to walk out in the snow barefoot, so can you get me some?" I desided first and foremost to get back to the main building, once that happened I could ask what was going on.

Hisui nodded slowly, "At... once Akiha-sama." She bowed and ran the other way.

-----

Hisui quickly came back with a pair of shoes, and we marched back to the mansion. Once inside, Kohaku was waiting.

...she was different too.

She was no longer in a kimono, and her hair was tied back in a ponytail by a white ribbon. But most importantly... her mask was gone.

No longer was there a cheerful, happy mask covering the face of a sad, tortured girl. Instead there was a true expression on her face, one of a quiet woman who had seen much pain in her life, but still smiled regardless. I had seen her drop her mask a few times, always when I took her blood to strengthen her bond to me as a Synchronizer. It had been almost... refreshing to see her true self. I guess you could call Kohaku my best friend, though I do not know how she sees it, that is how I perceive our relationship.

"Akiha-sama, you're... yourself again."

I folded my arms and sighed, "Who else would I be Kohaku?" This was begining to annoy me, things had changed, I had no idea what had happened, and they seemed surprised to see me even talking.

A nervous expression came across Kohaku's face. "Akiha-sama, to tell you the truth, you have not been yourself these past five years, you have been a... thing, ruled by your Tohno blood, not even human."

...Five years?

"What!?" I shouted, "I've been a... a monster for five years?" I couldn't believe it. "Where's Nii-san!" I needed to see him, to ask him if this was true. If he said it, I would believe it.

Another pained look crossed Kohaku's face.

"Kohaku? Where is Nii-san?"

"Akiha-sama..." Kohaku looked away, "I'm sorry... Shiki-san... he died yesterday."

-----

"Here." Hisui brought me a cup of Japanese tea.

...dead.

Nii-san was dead.

I did not want to believe it. But Kohaku had spoken in such a serious way, her eyes so sad, that I knew it was true.

He had died, while I had foolishly fell asleep right next to him. He had died smiling, knowing that I was alive and well.

...what a fool I am.

I listened as Kohaku explained how SHIKI had returned, having become even less human then he already was. how he had taken me. How he forced my Tohno blood to awaken, making me into a mindless monster. How Nii-san had killed SHIKI. And finally, how he took care of me, every day feeding me his blood to keep me happy.

That idiot.

I told him! I made him promise! He was supposed to kill me if I lost myself... not... not do that! Not leave me sitting in a room for five years and... and...

...and taking care of me... hoping that one day I would come back...

...and I did. I came back. His efforts succeeded... I was alive again, human again.

Well, mostly.

Upon inspection, I realized that my hair was still red, my inhuman Tohno powers had been active too long to simply shut off. However, it was now fully under my control, my human side was strong enough now. Because Nii-san finally returned the life I had given him. I had been so confused I hadn't realized it. But now I knew. The "load" that had always been on me, the load of supporting Nii-san's life, it was gone.

"Here." Kohaku handed me a tissue, and I noticed that I was crying. "I'm sorry, Akiha-sama..."

"..." I wiped the tears from my face, "It is alright, Kohaku." I looked down at my undrunken tea. "I... I saw Nii-san, he was happy before..." I couldn't say it.

"We noticed the smile on his face." Kohaku sat down next to me, putting an arm around my shoulder. "He looked so happy, and you looked so peaceful."

I heard the front door open, and a voice called out. "Kohaku-san, Hisui-san... I'm here to take care of... the problem."

"Oh dear." Kohaku sat up quickly. "We completely forgot! She was so insistent that... oh come quickly Akiha-sama, you're definitely needed." She pulled me up by the arm, her voice filled with nervousness.

-----

I started at this woman.

It was Nii-san's "Senpai."

She had not changed at all. It was surprising.

...However, she was dressed in a robe, a Holy robe that non-humans and half-humans instinctively knew to be wery of.

A member of The Church, not the side most people see. No, the side the The Church I'm speaking of is the hidden side. The side which hunts those it considers Heresies against the word of God as they see it. People who devote their lives to exterminating all things not human.

Fortunately, The Church tends to focus on places where there are many believers of their faith. Here in Japan, which has never been a Christian nation, their power is weak. To my knowledge there are only a handful of Heretic Hunters stationed, mostly around areas where many westerners have immigrated and brought their religion with them. And this woman... she called herself Ciel, was different. She worked alone, and was allowed to use magic. Something only the lowest, and highest, members of their hierarchy are allowed to use.

"...why have you come to my house, Ciel-san?" It is best to be polite to these kinds of people.

The woman looked me over, "You seem different, Akiha-san."

"You do not." I answered back, our polite voices mere formalities.

"Indeed." She was different from the cheery, playful senpai that Nii-san knew, this was her true self. A serious killer, who once decided on her mission, fulfilled it. "I'm surprised to see you speaking. I guess, in the end, Shiki-kun was right."

I frowned as she said "Shiki-kun." She had grown more familiar with him since I had last seen her. Still, I ignored it, she could call him what she liked. "Obviously." I brushed back some hair, "So tell me, Ciel-san, why are you here? I heard you mentioning a 'problem' you needed to take care of, what was it?"

The woman frowned, staring at me, "I think you can guess what I was talking about."

"Me?" I asked, though she was right, we both knew the answer, and she nodded in affirmation. More formalities. "Well, Ciel-san. I'm here, feel free to deal with me in whatever way you deem fit." I wondered, for a moment, if she would attack me. If so, there would be no reason to hold back, I would kill her.

But she simply smiled, "Akiha-san. There is no reason to 'deal' with you now."

"Oh?" I knew she would say this, her eyes spoke of someone actually reluctant to fight. It was only when she was driven over the edge that she became am muderer. "I thought, as a half-human, your religion considered me something to destroy?" I was goading her, she knew I was goading her, yet we carried on because to do otherwise would force us to bring up things less pleasant.

"There is a difference between you, Akiha-san, and many other non-humans. If I desired to kill one, I would pick one who is a direct danger to other souls. As of today, you are no longer in that category." She folded her arms, looking into my eyes. "The truth is, we have greater heresies to deal with then a girl with watered down demon blood." With that, she signaled the end of this line of discussion.

Now, less pleasant things would have to come out.

"Ciel-san, won't you join me for some tea?" I invited her. Another formality.

-----

The four of us sipped our tea.

"I must know though, Ciel-san, why are you still here? Surely you had arrived in this non-christian nation for a reason?" I took a sip, "Not many missions take five years."

The woman turned to me, she had removed the robe. She was now wearing a dark dress. "I stayed for Shiki-kun's sake." She said in a flat voice.

"She's been very helpful Akiha-sama." Hisui said, "She's helped the upkeep of the mansion and even watched over you a few times." She offered a reassuring smile, how interesting. Hisui's smiles were rare, and only offered at the most exceptional event. But now she gives them out freely.

"And your superiors are fine with this?" I asked the woman.

"I am free to do as I please." She answered, sipping her tea in a refined way. I guess being a "member" of the tea ceremony club taught her some things. "I have but a single, long standing mission. Until I complete it I am a free agent." She paused, "Though, to tell the truth once I am finished I think I will retire." A frown came across her face. "...if it ever finishes." She said, her voice become tainted with sadness.

Ah, she has emotion after all.

"What is your mission, Ciel-san?" I asked, and I truly was curious.

"..." The woman looked down on the ground, her face was both nostalgic and sad. "I am hunting a vampire that has plagued this world for generations."

"Scary." Kohaku added.

"Vampires. Well, I think you've been looking in the wrong place." I knew full well of "vampires."

The Dead Apostles. Nightmarish creatures that fed off humans. If we half-humans are considered monsters, then these creatures could be considered true demons.

"No, there was a vampire here, Akiha-san." The woman downed the remainder of her tea. "A dangerous one. His soul was like a disease."

"Could not that be said of all vampires, Ciel-san?"

She shook her head. "No, this one is different. A true monster, he learned how to preserve his soul even after his body is killed. Instead, once free, his soul would transmit himself to a new 'host'. Once infected, this victim would invariably turn into a vampire. For vampirism is a sickness of the soul."

Such a unnatural thing. I can see why the Dead Apostles are to be avoided.

"And who was this vampire's victim?" Hisui asked.

"Tohno SHIKI." The way she said it...

"I assume you are talking about my brother by blood?"

"Yes, I do not know the details... but your brother was chosen as his new host. However, he was already halfway there to being a monster." She spoke casually of him, of course, she never knew him.

SHIKI's powers... I knew them, all Tohno's knew of the others powers as a matter of course, to better counter them if the Inversion Impulse strikes. His powers were defined by two "concepts."

"Immortality" and "Fusion"

"Immortality" means that he was difficult to kill. If his body is damaged, rather then break down, the body will change. Vital organs will be formed in new areas, and the body will heal and support itself until he can regenerate the damaged areas. Even the brain would regrow if the brain stem were to survive.

"Fusion" means that he could combine his lifeforce with that of another. Essentially creating one life, shared by the link of two souls. With this, he could gather strength quickly, and combined with his ability of "Immorality" he became even tougher to kill. Which is why he survived father blowing away his entire lower body.

"How odd... the powers he had... they seem particularly adapt for a Vampire."

"That is why he was chosen as the next host." The woman said, "His unique abilities would combine with the vampire powers to create a near unstoppable monster." She shook her head, "But something went wrong, I assume."

I nodded... I remember that day well, it was the day Nii-san was taken from me.

"To put it simply, Ciel-san. SHIKI went into a state we call Inversion Impulse. He lost control of his demon blood and became a monster."

"It was probably his body reacting to the infection of the vampire's soul." She nodded. "He hadn't been expecting that." She held up her teacup, "More tea, Kohaku-san?"

"Sure thing." Kohaku picked up the woman's teacup, and left to the kitchen.

"SHIKI went insane." She continued, "His mind fractured, the vampire was unable to assert its... goals, upon him. This meant that, rather then become a 'Vampire possessing Tohno SHIKI'. It became 'Tohno SHIKI as a Vampire.' He was able to keep his goals and personality... as insane and twisted as they had become."

"I see." I nodded... my mind was buzzing.

All my life I had hated SHIKI. Hated him for Inverting, for hurting Nii-san, ultimately causing Nii-san to leave me...

Now I had learned that all this was caused by some damnable vampire, flitting around the world like some virus.

"And now Tohno SHIKI is dead." The woman continued, her voice expressed sadness. "Normally by now... I would have felt his presence again, as the vampire infects a new host, thus getting a loose idea of where to start investigating. However... it has not appeared. I'm beginning to think that perhaps because SHIKI disrupted things as he did, he shattered the cycle, and his soul now floats around endlessly. Unable to choose a host, shattered and broken by the madness of your brother."

"...so that's it?" I asked as Kohaku came back with some more tea. "If this vampire does not infect another host, are you just going to wait until you die? Waiting for a creature to hunt that may already be dead?"

"Oh, it's not dead." She laughed bitterly... "If it was... then I would know. No, it's just broken. Unable to take a host. It still exists in this world, but is unable to manifest."

It was strange... it was at that moment I realized. I pitied this woman. Her fate was not a happy one. My anger and dislike towards her faded.

She suddenly stood up, "Thank you for the tea, Akiha-san." She bowed, "I will be here for... Shiki-kun's funeral." It was not a request, merely a statement. Even if I told her not to come, she would arrive. So I merely nodded.

"By the way, Ciel-san..." I asked as she left, "How can you be sure when this vampire's existence is gone?"

...the woman stopped. Her back to us, her shoulders slumped, and her fists were clenched.

"Ever day... I stab a sword through my neck. If I die, then he is gone."

And she left, I knew I would only see her once more.

At Nii-san's good bye.

-----

Me and Kohaku were in my room now... discussing what needed to be discussed.

"Have you made arrangements already, Kohaku?" I asked her.

"No, Akiha-sama." Kohaku sat across the desk from me, a few papers rested between us.

"Good, I want a plot of land on the family graveyard reserved. One as far away from Father's grave as possible."

"Of course." She ran a pen over some paper, obviously making the formal request. "Anything else?"

"Yes, send out invitations to all members of the branch families. I doubt any will show up, but we do what we must."

"I doubt the Arimas won't show up." Kohaku pointed out to me.

"Oh don't worry about them, I'll invite them personally. They actually care about Nii-san." Anyone who I know Nii-san truly considered a friend or family I would invite in person. I wrote down the list of those who I knew would actually show up.

The Inui family, the Arimas, and that woman.

"Kohaku, did Nii-san make any other close friends while I was... sick?" Sick was a great way to put it, my mind and body had been taken over by this horrible sickness of inhuman blood I had inherited.

"One, a Magus from Egypt. I've already sent her a letter."

A Magus? How strange. Still... looking at the list, Nii-san had only a few people who would truly miss him. Nine, at my count.

...how sad. Such a wonderful person... a kind and generous soul.

Yet he had put himself through hell...

For a selfish girl. A stupid selfish girl.

"Kohaku..." I whispered, "I wish to sleep, can you leave?"

"Of course." Kohaku stood up, gathered the papers, and left.

Once the door shut, I was alone.

And I let out my feelings. The tears ran down my face, and I broke down sobbing.

"Why... Nii-san... why?" I choked out. "...why couldn't we have had a life together? I... I love you so much... why couldn't you have stayed?"

...I cried even though I knew the truth. Nii-san had been living off my life. As long as he lived, I could only live as I had.

...he had taken care of me until the end. And then... he had smiled. Smiled at me.

Why didn't he hate me? I had caused him nothing but pain. If I hadn't selfishly called him back, let him live a normal happy life... he wouldn't have gone through that pain.

So why.

Why did he still love me?

Why...

Hours later, I fell asleep, my tears staining the cushion.

-----

The next day, I woke up to find Kohaku gone.

"She had an appointment." Hisui explained as she swept the floor. There was something relaxing as I watched her sweep. Hisui did everything smoothly, with a practiced perfection I don't think I can match.

"Oh?" I sat down in a chair. "What appointment?"

"..." Hisui stopped cleaning for a moment. "Right, you do not know. Nee-san went to see her therapist."

A therapist? Well, God knows she needs one. Sadly, the heads of the branch families expressly refuse any outside helpers come in. Not only that, but they would deny that poor Kohaku actually needs any help. The bastards all turned a blind eye to what he did to her. My hands tied, I did the best I could to help her...

"Yes, it started around three months after you became sick." Hisui explained. Me 'being sick' seems to be the emphusism of choice to explain me. "Nee-san tried to kill herself." Her gaze became distant, she was looking beyond me, into the past. "Fortunately, Shiki-sama stopped her."

"How did he stop her?" I asked.

"He tackled her and tore the knife from her hands." Hisui explained, there was no emotion in her voice. She was explaining the facts. Then again, such things happened so long ago, her feelings over them have likely faded. "Shiki-sama soon learned of Nee-san's past, it took some effort. But he managed to get her to see a doctor." She sighed, she had long stopped working, but now she let go of her broom. "She spent two years in a hospital. Every day, me and Shiki-sama would visit her."

...Every day. And every day Nii-san would come and feed me, keep me from hurting others.

How painful must it have been for him? Seeing two people he knew and cared for in such pain?

"That ribbon in her hair... Nee-san had given it to Shiki-sama before he had left the mansion." She sighed, "Shiki-sama kept it all that time, not even remembering how he had gotten it, only that it was precious." Hisui sat down next to me. "He finally remembered, Akiha-sama. Six months after she had been commited. It's strange, it wasn't until that day, when he returned the ribbon, that Nee-san broke out of her shell, and the doctors could begin to heal her."

"...And all this time, while you two dealt with this. I was in the detached building, blissfully eating away Nii-san's life, bit by bit." My voice was bitter, Hisui and Kohaku were my true family. And all these years I... I had aided in keeping up Kohaku's suffering. I should have ignored the protests of the reletives, and sought help for her.

"...Hisui."

"Yes, Akiha-sama?"

"...why do you and Kohaku stay here? With your skills... your abilities, there are plenty of people who would want you. And pay handsomely, likely far more then the salary this broken household pays."

"..."

I turned to look at her, "Stop calling me 'sama' damn it. I don't deserve your respect."

"...if that is what you desire, Akiha-sama."

Damn it, she's doing that again.

She stood up, picking up the broom, "It is true, Akiha-sama. Nee-san and I have received job offers. Both simple rich families wanting our skills as maids after seeing our work in the Tohno Mansion, and Magi who desire our power as Synchonizers. However, we do not work here for the money, Akiha-sama." She began sweeping again, sweeping with that smooth, relaxing motion. "We work here because we are part of this house. I would never abandon you."

...I did something foolish then. I ran up, and hugged Hisui.

It was a stupid thing.

I am not the type to hug people. And Hisui is not the type to be hugged.

Yet I did just that, we could not be more mismatched. However, Hisui did me a kindness, and said nothing. She simply hugged me back.

I do not know how long passed, could have been a minute, or maybe an hour.

However, the embrace had to end.

"Hisui." I said once we had separated, as if nothing had happened. "I desire my hair to be cut. It is too long to manage right now."

She simply nodded, "I shall get the sheers, Akiha-sama."

-----

Snip. Snip Snip.

Hisui, having years of practice from cutting her sisters hair, mercilessly cut off the long red strands.

I wanted it short.

My entire life I had projected an image. A proper Japanese woman. Slender, pale skin, long black hair.

I was sick of it.

"Hisui, once summer comes, I think I'll get a tan." I said. Hah, wait till the relatives see me. They'll surely think I've gone mad, bright red short hair, tanned skin. It was as far from my past image as I could imagine.

"That would be nice, Akiha-sama."

"Yes, once summer comes we're all going on a vacation, the three of us. Perhaps Hawaii? We'll need a beach house to rent, and we'll spend the summer relaxing on the beach drinking Pina Coladas."
    "Sounds like fun."

"Yes, fun is what we need. We're never allowed to have fun, well I'm sick of it. Damn the rest of the bastards to hell. They can complain, but I'm tired of living for them. I'm living for me now."

My tirade was interrupted by someone knocking at the front door.

"Excuse me." Hisui paused in her cutting, heading off to answer the door.

I picked up a small mirror and examined myself. It was much shorter then my hair had ever been. Looking at it, I was reminded of Seo Akira. My hair was beginning to resemble hers.

I wonder how my friends from school are doing? I had promised them I would keep in touch after transferring to Nii-san's school. But I had been forced to be able to unable to keep that promise.

When Hisui came back after dealing with that visitor, I decided to ask her about it.

-----

Hisui came back with a guest in tow.

A foreign woman. Her violet hair was tied back in a braid, and the outfit she wore was strange.

I stared at this woman. She just looked at me.

"...Hisui, who is this?

"I am Sion Eltnam Atlasia." The woman introduced herself.

...that name, so overblown and dramatic. "You must be Nii-san's Magus friend."

To my surprise, she looked annoyed. "I am an Alchemist, there is a difference."

"And that would be...? I asked as Hisui resumed cutting my hair.

"An Alchemist relies on technology to perform their magecraft, rather then their natural Magic Circuits." She explained.

"I see." I peered in the mirror again, "Thank you Hisui, this is perfect."

"You're welcome, Akiha-sama."

I turned back to Sion-san. "So, can you turn lead into gold?" I gave her a smirk.

She rolled her eyes, "You, Hisui-san, Kohaku-san, Miyako-san. All of you have asked that." She sat down across the table from me. "Yes, it is possible to transmute one element to a different one. However, this requires having a pure sample of the element. Otherwise the other elements get mixed the transmutation and from there your best case scenario is that it just fails."

"Worst case scenario?"

"Nuclear Fusion, with you nearby."

Ouch.

"OK, so, Sion-san. You are a friend of Nii-san?"

"Yes," Sion-san nodded, "I must say, Akiha-san, you're much better then when I last met you."

"I imagine." I frowned.

"...I'm saddened that I could not find a true cure in time." She looked over me. What?

"What are you talking of, Sion-san?"

"Well, you see, I had been researching a way to suppress your inhuman blood." She said in a detached voice, like a scientist. "Both as a favor to Shiki and because it would be a step forward in my own personal research."

I stared at this woman. A stranger to me, yet she tried to help me. Because... because Nii-san took care of me, and she cared for Nii-san. A bit to much for my liking, given name and no honorifics?

"However, I underestimated the strength of the Tohno blood. To suppress that side of you would, with the procedures I knew, likely damage your mind." She paused, "Severing your link with Shiki was too risky, because while there was the chance that both of you would separate naturally and gradually regain the half of a life both of you were missing, my calculations found it far more likely that instead you both would perish."

"Enough." I shook my head, "I do not wish to hear more of this."

"Very well." Sion-san nodded, and her tone returned to normal. "I suppose you would like to know how I came to meet Shiki?"

I nodded. I like this woman. She was straightforward and to the point, she didn't bounce around with formalities that we humans often cook up to make our lives easier.

"It began four years ago. A Dead Apostle-"

"Wait, another one?" I asked.

"Yes, this one was far worse then your brother. Less of a living existence, and more of a phenomenon. The Night of Wallachia." She sighed, "A vampire that could only exist in the form of crystallized rumors, it took advantage of the fact that there had already been one here. It first took the form of your brother, however with my help Shiki was able to subdue it."

"Thank God." I groaned, "SHIKI just couldn't stay dead, could he."

"Your brother was only a preliminary form, to cause the rumors to gain strength." Sion-san continued, "The true source of the rumors was... well, you."

Humph. "I'm not surprised, there are plenty of bad rumors about the Tohno family. And many of them are even true."

"Yes, the Tohnos. Rumored to be a family of monsters. A daughter of the clan having vanished, with the only word being that she is 'sick.' The rumors merged with the vampire rumors to create the rumor of you being the vampire stalking the streets. And the vampire took that form on the Night of Wallachia, when he was to strike and kill as much as he could." Sion-san stopped her story here, her face becoming uncomfortable.

"I remember when you brought Shiki-sama back from that, he was... not well." Hisui said.

"What happened?"

Sion-san shuddered, "When he saw Tatari taking your form, using your voice... he mocked him, laughed at him. Shiki flew into a rage I have never seen before or since. He killed Tatari utterly. He didn't just end the form he had taken that night. No, he ended it completely. The very existence of The Night of Wallachia ended that night, an impossibility. Even he should not have been capable of such a thing." She looked me in the eyes, "If I had not been there, he would have died right then. Using some alchemaic techniques I know I saved his brain from literally burning out."

The front door opened, "Hisui-chan, Akiha-sama, I'm home!"

Kohaku was back.

-----

Kohaku was happy to see Sion-san, it seemed the two had a sort of friendship.

Sion seemed to have a very unusual amount of empathy towards Kohaku, I noticed, strange.

"Sion-san has the ability to peer into another's mind." Hisui had whispered in explanation. "When me and Shiki-sama were visiting Nee-san in the hospital she followed us once. Using this ability... she looked into Nee-sans." She glanced over at the two of them having a friendly chat. "She wouldn't stop crying for hours."

I see. Anyone who had to live and experience Kohaku's memories like she did would probably act the same.

"If Sion-chan's here, I guess I'll have to make a bigger meal then usual!" Kohaku laughed, "How long are you planning on staying Sion-chan?"

"...at least a week." She said simply.

We all knew what she meant. A topic we were all avoiding, so we left it at that.

Dinner was, to my surprise, a loud affair. My entire life dinner had been silent, as we ate and quickly left.

However, this was different. Kohaku, Hisui and Sion-san were all eagerly talking. Mostly Sion-san, as Hisui and Kohaku pressed her on details of how she was doing while out traveling.

And I sat at the end, silently watching. Unable to participate.

"..Akiha-san?"

"Hmm?" I looked up at Sion-san.

"I asked you what kind of tea do you like?" She asked, her tone perfectly serious, but her eyes were not. "These two heathens don't seem to understand the value of fine British tea."

"Ah, yes. I do perfer western tea myself." I nodded.

"See! The master of the house agrees." Sion-san laughed.

I just went back to my quiet eating.

I felt out of place here, in my own home.

-----

I've been sitting outside the past hour. I just... felt too out of place. I sat outside, watching the moon.

"Akiha-sama?"

Kohaku came out and stood beside me.

"Yes?"

She patted me on the shoulder, "I beleive it is time for us to continue making preperations."

"I see, can we do it out here?"

"Of course." She pulled up a chair and sat next to me. "Now, I've made the arrangements, I just want to ask you to approve one of three invitation designs I've made." She handed me three sheets of paper.

I looked at them, examining the designs on them, "Use the plainest one. It's not going to make a difference anyways."

"As you wish, Akiha-sama."

"Tomorrow I will personally go out and invite the others."

"Of course." Kohaku nodded. "All that remains is the eulogy."

"...I will do it.

"Very well."

We both sat in silence for a while afterwords. Watching the moon and stars, the glittering snow, and our steamy breath.

"Kohaku."

"Yes?"

"...how do you feel about me?"

"..." Kohaku was silent. "I don't know." She said finally. "For the longest time, you were a simple object, a goal for me. Akiha-sama, I have a confession to make."

"Yes?"

"...I wanted to kill you, Akiha-sama. Not out of hate, or anger, or anything that human. I had hidden myself in a shell, become a doll. I needed a goal, something to live for to keep on moving and living. For some reason, killing the Tohno's came to mind, and I made that my purpose."

"..."

"In the end, SHIKI-sama came, and made you into a monster, and I thought my goal was complete. However, I could not find another goal. So I tried to kill myself."

I was crying, She was crying. Damn us. We're both so weak as to cry over the past...

"...Shiki-san stopped me. He saved me. Took me to a doctor... I was able to get help. I came to terms to what had happened to me." She took a deep breath, "I... I hate your father, Akiha-sama."

Silence.

"I hate him too, Kohaku."

"We're in agreement then." And we both laughed.

"Well, Akiha-sama, how do you feel about me?"

"..." I looked her in the eyes, "...you're probably the closest friend I have, Kohaku."

Kohaku didn't smile, didn't say anything, she just looked... sad.

"...I'm sorry for that, Akiha-sama. To consider a untrustworthy person like me your closest friend. I... I have another confession to make."

"Yes?"

"...I loved Shiki-san, with all my heart."

"..." I looked at her. She looked at me.

"We're in agreement then." I said simply.

...we said no more after that.

-----

It was snowing on the day of Nii-san's funeral.

Me, Kohaku, Hisu and Sion, were waiting for the guests.

The first to arrive was that woman, she nodded towards me, and stood off to the side.

"....Akiha-chan?"

Inui Arihiko. He and his sister, Ichiko had arrived. They were both dressed formally.

"Is that really you?" He seemed surprised, I'm surprised he remebered me.

"Yes, Inui-kun. I've gotten better."

"Yeah..." He paused, "Shiki told me you had some sickness."

I nodded, "We Tohnos are cursed with weak bodies."

"Yeah..." He sighed, "Well... anyways... um..." He seemed unconfortable with this topic, "Hey, Sempai!" Seeing a more familar face, he nodded to me, "Excuse me."

I had never actually met Ichiko before the day I had come over the Inui home, and invited them both, she was a tall, intimidating looking woman. She peered down at me. "You OK?" She asked simply.

I nodded, "I'm fine, Inui-san."

"Good to see... Shiki was a good kid." She sighed, "Hey, Arihiko, don't embarass yourself now!" She went towards her brother.

Sion walked over to me, "Oh great, he's here." She muttered.

I smiled, remembering the story of the time that Inui-kun had taken Sion-san on a "date." Apparently it had ended with both of them being forbidden to ever eat at the Messian again.

"Sion-chan?"

Hmm? We both turned around, Arima Keiko and Miyako were there.

"Oh, hello Arima-san, Miyako-san." Sion bowed.

Keiko-san smiled kidnly, "I'm... glad you're here." She then bowed to me, "Hello Akiha-san. I'm glad to see you're finally well."

"You as well, Keiko-san." I bowed to this woman who had raised Nii-san so well. "I only wish I could thank you enough..."

Miyako on the other hand, looked angry. "Dumb Onii-chan. Why'd he have to go." She muttered.

...I see. She's frustrated like me. However... I can't help but feel a pang of jelousy towards her. Unlike me, she was able to live her life with Nii-san.

"I'm sorry.. but my husband is out of the country on business." Keiko-san sighed sadly, "He couldn't make it in time..."

"It's alright. such things can't be helped."

...well, I guess that's everyone. Everyone who cared for Nii-san and was able to make it has arrived. I guess I should start...

...I heard footsteps in the snow.

Sion and that woman were both suddenly staring off in the distance. What are they looking at?

I turned around... and was face to face with a woman.

Tall, long red hair... not unaturally red like mine. But a vibriant pure red. Blue questioning eyes, and a face that looked accustomed to smiling.

"Excuse me." She looked directly at me, "This is the Tohno family graveyard, correct?"

I nodded. "And your business...?"

She smiled, a sad one. "A dear friend and student of mine died. I'm here to pay my respects.

I stared at her. "...this is the funeral of Tohno Shiki."

"Yup, that's his name."

...who was this woman? Still... she knew Nii-san...

"What did you teach him?" I finally asked her.

"...how to live as he wished." She said simply, and walked past me towards the coffin where Nii-san rested. She ran her hand across it, and a tear fell from her eyes.

"...well?" She turned and faced us all, who had stared at this strange woman who had shown up. "Isn't anyone going to say any words? Show some respect? We're all here because this kid was important enough alive for us to want to give him closure after death."

...I finally walked towards the coffin, I cleared my throat. As expected, I would deliver the eulogy.

"Nii-san... I loved him." I said quietly, yet they could all hear me. "He... he gave everything to me." I closed my eyes, remembering him. "I argued with him. I yelled at him. I insulted him. He returned the favor." I laughed at this, and the strange red haired woman joined in. "But when it really mattered, he protected me."

"In the end, he loved me too. I... I made a mistake. I did some stupid things, and he took care of me afterwords. For five years, he made sure I was fed, happy, and healthy... he did it out of pure love. I'm sure... I'm sure the rest of you have seen this kindness."

I looked at them all. Ciel and Sion were crying. Keiko-san was nodding, Inui-san was... oddly enough, nearly crying too. Miyako-san wasn't facing me.

Kohaku was smiling, her eyes shining with joyous tears. And Hisui just... smiled like I had never seen her before.

...I noticed I was crying too.

"...in the..." I choked, "End." I took a deep breath. "In the end. I can only live, for him. He gave me his life." Literally. "And I need to live it in a good way. We all do."

...the strange woman clapped. "Spoken well, I'm sure Shiki's smiling at that, Akiha." She turned, and walked away.

I closed my eyes again.

My dream has ended.

The time to mope, to think of the past is over. No more will I cry over Nii-san.

It's time to live, live a good life.

Not as Tohno Akiha, head of the family.

Not as Tohno Akiha, master of the Tohno Mansion.

But as Tohno Akiha, the girl Tohno Shiki loved.

End.

Blog Entries
    God, this one always gives me chills. It's unfortunately morbid, but it's completely believable, if not inevitable for the Akiha Normal End.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Faustian

By Pata Hikari
    The root of all things, the ultimate expression of the "existence" of something.

The Library of Reality, the Akashic Record.

The ultimate goal of Magecraft, the art of making the unreal a reality, is to find this Record.

Every Magus has their own way, their own attempt to grasp at the Root and realize how the universe truly works.

Some attempt to obtain divine miracles, reach the power of gods. Others call upon the spirits of those gone, use them to gain knowledge and build upon it. Others chose to defy even the established rules of Magecraft, use Impossibilities called Magic.

For Zepia Eltnam Oberon, his path to the Record was Mathematics.

The rules and calculations the numbers showed to him revealed the world to him.

The world was Numbers.

Endless calculations, everything came down to whether this integer was in the proper place.

To further expand his knowledge, he had created the Etherlite. A tool that could access the nervous system of another living being. With this he could, with ease, gain the knowledge of others.

A convent loophole around the policies of ATLAS.

A genius like no other, one who was respected and feared.

Zepia was both an outcast and a leader, they listened to him grudgingly. Not that he cared about their foolish opinions, as far as he was concerned, they were mere things to be used in his search.

----

"Master." His familiar, he had never bothered to name her, spoke to him. "It has been three days since you ate."

Zepia looked up from his piles of notes, and glanced up at the creature before him. The form of a woman, made from a low level elemental put into the body of a wolf, she had served him well over the years. However, recently he had been ignoring her, and all else, focusing solely on his equations.

"Not now." He snapped at her, "I've almost hit a breakthrough, I know it!"

"Master..." She was showing concern, how strange. Nobody else ever did that, not even his wife. "You can continue your research after you've eaten and rested. You and I both know that hunger and fatigue leads to errors in judgment."

"..." He slowly stood up from his desk, "Very well."

"Thank you Master." She smiled.

----

When he returned two days later (to his surprise, he had slept nearly thirty hours straight) he found his study reorganized, and all his papers piled and sorted. The familiar stood there, and bowed. "I cleaned things up while you rested, Master."

Zepia paused, "I never requested it."

"A clean workstation is important. An organized study brings about an organized mind." She explained.

"Oh, yes." He sat back down on his desk, "Thank you."

A faint red flush formed on her face, "You're welcome, Master, I will bring you a meal at noon."

"Yes yes." He turned back to his work.

----

Death.

Every calculation lead to that.

In the end, the subject would fade, and all would cease.

Even humanity, a species that had the power to outlive it's mother Gaia, would eventually fade, changing into something so different one could no longer call them humans.

Even the universe would crash into itself, being reborn but still dying first.

It wasn't right.

It couldn't be.

The Record was forever, so why didn't the things coming forth from it not last forever?

"There must be an error." He muttered, "I'm making an error in my calculations somewhere."

The door opened.

"Master, lunch." The familiar came in, placing a tray of food next to him. "Now eat Master." A playful scolding was in her voice.

"...very well." He quickly devoured the food, finding no joy in its taste. Once done Zepia resumed his calculations.

...yet nothing changed.

Nothing changed.

The result always ended the same.

"...Master?"

It always ended in death.

Death.

The end of all things.

The Akashic Record was not an encyclopedia of the universe. No, it was the eulogy.

----

To distract himself, he turned to other avenues of research, ones which would turn away the realization in his mind.

Refining the Etherlite was the next step.

Currently it was an unwieldy procedure. The thickness of a small rope, it was very noticeable and inflexible.

"Master, look at this reaction."

"Yes, interesting." He glanced over at her work. "This is impressive, we should be able to reduce the size of the Etherlite by ten percent with this."

"Thank you Master." Once again her face became flushed.

"...are you well? More and more lately you have appeared flushed and feverish."

"It's... it's nothing Master."

"Very well."

For a while they kept up this basic research.

"What's the point!" Zepia finally collapsed in a chair, "It's just going to break apart anyways!"

"Master?"

"And this chair, and this room, and me and you, and this damn planet! It'll all die!" He screamed.

"Master!"

"It's pointless, nothing can survive!" He began ranting, "We'll all die and fade into nothingness, entrop-

Smack!

"..." Zepia felt his cheek.

His familiar had slapped him. There were tears in her eyes.

"Master, that is foolishness."

"...but it's the truth. None of my calculations show there being any other way."

"...then find a new way. Create one. You are an alchemist! You deal with the impossible every day. Forge a new path!"

Zepia could only nod at her conviction.

----

The Sixth.

A one of the base laws of the world.

To Exist, it must pay the price that it will eventually Fade.

To defy this required something... extraordinary.

Perhaps the First Magic could do it.

However, Zepia was no Sorcerer. He could only reach what was possible through his Magecraft. To create a true "miracle" was beyond his power, the laws of the world still ruled over him.

For hours he ranted about his problems, his familiar dutifully listened, occasionally heading off to research something on her own. Finally, one day, she came back with a small tome.

"Master." She said, she sounded so happy.

"Yes?"

"You said that even you could not defy the laws of the world."

"Yes." He glanced at her, had the stress caused her to go mad too? "I've said that many times."

She placed the tome in front of him.

"Then make your own world."

----

A Reality Marble.

The ultimate expression of a living beings soul, a form of magecraft so close to True Magic one just needed to take a few steps father to make it. Rather then deal with this world, with the laws and forces that held him back, he would make his own.

He was ashamed he did not think of it earlier.

However, as much as it pained him, it was easier said then done.

A Reality Marble is a freak occurrence, most of the time. One is born with the ability to create one within them. To create a Reality Marble, when there was none before, was no easy task. In fact, on record he could find only a few Magi who had archived it. All with greater power then him.

"Do not despair Master."

"It's hard not too." Zepia sighed, "Do you know why the Eltnam's are alchemists?"

"No." She answered honestly.

"Alchemists do not have the magic circuits most Magi have." He sighed. "I have the greatest number in my family ever, do you know how many I have? Ten, and they are low quality. We Alchemists make up for our weaker circuits with tools and technique. It is one reason why ATLAS forbids the sharing of knowledge, if our techniques got out to the normal Magi, we would not be able to stand on even footing anymore." He smiled fondly, "These techniques are what let me control you, an Elemental, when most powerful Magi would struggle to handle you."

"Very impressive, Master." She seemed happy.

----

One year had passed since that day she dropped the tome in front of him.

And success was... limited.

"Come on Master... you can do it!"

Zepia strained his circuits, pushing them to the limit. The air around them rippled. Reality bended, the rules of the world twisted.

...then it stopped, and Zepia collapsed.

"Master!" Before he could fall, she caught him, slowly lowering him onto a soft cushion.

"It's no use." He muttered.

His calculations dictated two things.

One, he did not have the circuits necessary to create a Reality Marble. Two, even if he did, he lacked a "concept" strong enough in his soul to give it a distinct form. Every technique he had devised had failed.

"For the love of God, I invented an entire new branch of techniques for channeling Mana, and it still isn't enough!"

"..." The familiar was silent. Every time he had hit a block. Every time he could not quite think of the solution, she had been there to inspire him to new heights.

...yet now she was silent.

"I... I'm sorry Master."

----

No work.

Nothing was being done.

No research, no new devices being built. Nothing. Zepia had... given up.

His purpose behind life lost, he drifted from day to day. Only eating at the insistence of the familiar.

More then once he had considered just ending it all, perishing. Yet, that would mean he had truly given up, accepted that all things must end.

Some small part of him refused that. He still desired to make an impossibility, to create a thing which would last forever, to defy the Sixth.

....desperation.

"Master, here is your food." The familiar dropped dinner in front of him.

...to live and exist.

Forever.

"Tell me." He turned to her. "Is there anything you forgot to tell me?"

"...I told you Master, everything I know I have told you."

...to survive even with death.

It was at the edge of his mind, something had achieved it.

"Are you sure?"

"..." She was silent, before speaking. "Yes."

That was all he needed to know.

"Liar."

"Master...?"

"My own familiar." His mind burned, anger forced the return of passion to his mind. "Lied to me, hid something from me!" He raised his hand to strike her, "Tell me now creature!"

"Master I... I can't!"

He struck her. "That is an order! Obey or else I will kill you!"

"..." She stared at him, tears swelling up. "Please Master... there are some things one can not do."

"There is nothing I will not do. You hear me, nothing!"

"....Michael Roa Valdamjong."

That name. So familiar.

"Well?"

"That is all I will say, Master."

"Very well. You are dismissed, I will learn of this myself."

----

The Serpent of Akasha.

The Numberless Dead Apostle Ancestor.

A creature who had learned how to transmit his soul, and thus exist forever through the bodies of others.

A perfect existence, eternal and without end.

It was then Zepia realized that this was how to continue to exist. He needed to redefine himself, not just the world around him. If he could cheat and define his "existence" as a different force then the rest of the world, then he could defy the normal process of Existence, thus avoiding Death.

"...why did you not tell me of this." He asked her.

"Because, Master. If you do this..." She was openly crying now. "If you do this you will sacrifice your soul, your humanity and your Person!"

"I do not care for those!" He yelled, "All I care about is defying the Sixth, it it means becoming some shade, unable to exist as I am today, so be it!"

"Master... this will only end in pain." She whimpered.

"...what is wrong with you?" He finally asked her, "You have been acting strange this past year. Once the mere thought of hiding something from you would be unthinkable."

"..." She said nothing.

"Well? I will research without you if you do not speak."

"...because I love you, Master."

"...that is not your place, you are a Familiar. Your purpose is to act as an extension of my will."

"I know, Master. But I can not help it. It is how I am, you are too skilled. You created a creature that can love."

"Humph, if I am so skilled I would have succeeded already." He turned around, "We shall continue our research now, we shall start by researching the functions of the Dead Apostles."

"...very well, Master."

----

His first bit of research into them surprised him.

It seemed that Dead Apostles, while gifted with great strength and power, did not possess anything humans lacked. It seemed that, rather then inventing new powers for themselves, they merely perfected powers that humans could achieve. This was beneficial to him, as it meant the skills he had learned as a human would still apply as a Dead Apostle. However, the level of power and refinement one got depended on how "pure" the agent who transformed one was.

"Dead Apostles originated from the True Ancestors, who in turn, originated from TYPE-Moon, the Crimson Moon." He explained to his familiar. "The closer one is to the original, the greater power one gains, due to it being less diluted." He doubted that he could convince The Second, having been changed by the Crimson Moon himself, to bite him, so he would need someone else.

"No True Ancestors exist anymore, Master." She was trying to dissuade him. "Nobody with the level of... purity you need lives."

"No matter. There is one close enough." He stood up, "You are to find her and deliver a message and gift to her, arrange a meeting with me."

"Master... this is-"

"The only way. Didn't you want me to accomplish this?" He asked her.

"Yes, but not like this! Not at the cost of your soul!"

"Too bad, we do what we must." After a moment, he turned to her, "Be aware, that I will be tracking you. So if you decide to run away and avoid coming back the remainder of your life, using the excuse 'you can't find her' then I will simply kill you and make a new familiar, one that is obedient."

"...very well Master."

----

It took three more years.

In those three years he alone perfected his research, making the Etherlite as thin as a thread, and finally managing to manifest a partial realization of his Reality Marble. It was not enough to truly materialize his goal, but enough to know that once he reached the next step it would be nearly done.

His familiar returned one day.

"...I have returned Master." She was sad, truly miserable. "The message was delivered and the meeting arranged. The Black Princess will meet you in one month."

Yet, Zepia smiled, and praised her. "You have done a wonderful job. I thank you."

Her face flushed, she still loved him, it seemed. "Thank you, Master. I... I may not agree with this. But I will support you anyways. Because if I don't stand by you, nobody will."

"And I thank you."

"..." She finally smiled faintly, "I... I hope you accomplish your goal, Master. Perhaps then we can rest."

Rest.

What a fine idea. "Yes, once I defeat the Sixth, we will rest."

----

They met at the location of her choosing.

A uninhabited mountain in the distant wilds of Germany. No civilization, no witnesses.

"Master, how long must we wait?"

"As long as need be. When dealing with them we live by their schedule." Zepia explained.

Hours passed, until the full moon shone in the center of the night sky, and then she appeared.

She was not what Zepia had been expected. By all manner of appearance she was a young girl, barely having advanced into womanhood. Her long hair was jet black... except for a single braid on the left side, which was blond. Her red eyes showed no emotion. And a white beast, a dog larger then any other, trailed behind her.

"Altrouge Brunestud, The Black Princess of the Dead Apostles." Zepia bowed deeply towards her. "It is an honor."

She smiled, a cold, yet childish smile. "And you must be the Magus from ATLAS who desired to meet with me."

"Indeed. I have a request to ask of you, Princess."

Altrouge raised an eyebrow, "Oh? A request? How... interesting. You are bold, Zepia." She shivered, "Yet this cold air disagrees with me, let us discuss this in a more... comfortable place." She raised up her hand. "Murder, dearie, tell me if Sis is awake."

The dog raised up its nose, and sniffed the air. A moment later it slowly shook its head.

"Good, then we can discuss this in real luxury." She waved her hand through the air.

And reality changed.

This was a Reality Marble. A true gift, the power to alter the world into ones own, what they had sought for so long. Altrouge called it forth casually.

A massive palace formed around them, grand and wondrous, its splendor only slightly spoiled by the decayed state it was in. Even so it was greater then any other building Zepia had seen.

"This is..." The familiar gasped.

"The Millennium Palace, Castle Brunestud." Altrouge said with a smile, "We can discuss this in comfort now, a good meal will be provided with a hot fire. So follow me." She and the beast marched inside the building.

"Master this is... amazing."

"It is not for our benefit she does this." Zepias said. "No, she did this as a display of power." He ran a hand across the wall of the palace, "She wants us to know exactly who we're dealing with."

They walked in after her.

----

The food was exquisite. A feast unlike any other, served on a table of pure gold with plates of silver. Goblets covered in precious gems perpetually filled with wine, all taking place in a room filled with art priceless beyond measure.

Yet, Zepia noticed, Altrouge did not eat. She passed on her food to the beast that lay beside her.

"So, tell me, Zepia. What is it you desire of me?"

Zepia cleared his throat, this was it. "I wish for you to make me into a Dead Apostle, Princess."

A moment of silence followed, before Altrouge burst into laughter. "You desire to feed yourself to me? That is an interesting desire, Zepia. Tell me, why do you desire such a thing?"

Zepia took another deep breath. "Tell me, Princess, have you heard of the Serpant of Akasha?"

Altrouge's face became uncomfortable. "Yes... I am aware of him." Her eyes narrowed, "We have crossed paths a few times. I prefer to ignore him, what of it?"

"I have a desire like him. I wish to live an existence greater then a living being." He looked straight at her, "Of course, I will not be using the same method as the Serpent. His method is flawed, for the cycle will one day be broken by nature of there being no more humans. My idea is greater, while it initially relies on humanity, the basic idea is to evolve past that."

"I see." Altrouge looked intrigued. "Tell me of your plan."

"I shall first change my existence into a Reality Marble." Zapia explained, and the familiar despaired. "Once done so I will gain concepts and existence from the desires of humans. Occasionally I will crystallize these desires to gain subsistence, but ultimately I will merge these concepts together, creating an impossible existence. Once completed I will change back from the Reality Marble, having absorbed all the concepts, and become a being that can not end, I have made the preliminary calculations, and I see no way it can fail."

"A fascinating idea." Altrouge said, "Though, I must question what purpose you have for becoming a Dead Apostle."

"...my current body could not sustain the Reality Marble. I lack the Magic Circuits as well as the strength of will."

"Logical, a human can not accomplish what you desire, so you choose to become something more then human." Altrouge nodded. "Very well, I will help you. Starting tomorrow we will work together in making the proper calculations for your Reality Marble."

"I thank you, Princess."

"...but first, one thing." Altrouge stood up, "I am hungry."

"..." Zepia nodded, "Very well. Now is as good a time as ever."

"I'm glad to see you understand." She walked over to him. She appeared almost... seductive. "I must admit, a willing meal is a pleasant change of pace." She leaned in close to his neck.

"...Master..."

"Now I must warn you," Altrouge whispered into his ear, "This will sting a little." Then, she bit into his neck.

And Zepia screamed.

"Master!"

Blood poured out from his body, rapidly being sucked into the throat of the hungry Altrouge. A burning unlike any other. Then, she began pouring in her own blood, beginning the process of making him like her.

The screams got louder.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of pain, Zepia fell to the ground, dead.

"..." Altrouge faced the familiar, blood dripping down her front. Her master's blood. "Take your master to the guest room. He'll need his rest, dying and coming back to life is tiring."

----

It was two days before Zepia awoke.

His body was tired, sore, and hungry.

He noticed a wine bottle rested on a table by his bed. Reaching over to it, he pulled the cork open.

It was not wine that rested within.

"...thirsty." He hoarsely said, and drank the blood straight from the bottle. Drank it up and satisfied that craving, for a little while.

There was no turning back, his path had been set. Anything that blocks his way to achieving his goal will be destroyed. He stood up, and went off to meet Altrouge.

----

She was resting in the parlor, slowly stroking that beast's fur while she read a book. The familiar was sitting off to the side, clearly uncomfortable.

"Princess, I have awakened." He bowed as he entered the room. "I thank you for the drink, as well."

"Yes, you're welcome." She gave him a kindly smile, she had grown fond of him, it seemed. "That was from my own personal cache. That blood was from a Roman Emperor."

"You are too kind, Princess."

"Anyways, time for business." She shooed the beast away, "Your familiar has already taken the liberty of showing me your research notes. I must say, they are impressive. You are a true genius Zepia."

"You understand the equations well enough?" He asked, sitting down in one of the many soft chairs.

"Oh yes, when you live as long as I, you tend to take up hobbies. Mathematics was one a century ago, and knowing Magecraft is practically a requirement to be a strong Dead Apostle. Combining the two just required a bit of mental stretching." She pulled out a pile of papers, "I have made some modifications to the core equation of your Reality Marble, will you look at it." She gestured towards the familiar, who silently stood up, took the papers from Altrouge, and gave them to Zepia.

Zepia peered over the equation. It was easy to see where the Princess had made her modifications, they lacked the spark of genius his work had. Still, they were workable, and he could refine them later. "Tell me, Princess, what is this new energy source you are using as a catalyst to both start and end the Reality Marble?"

Altrouge smiled, "The light of the Crimson Moon."

Zepia frowned, "I have heard of it. But the Crimson Moon is not due to shine for another thousand years. Well, one thousand and fifty three, to be exact."

Altrouge laughed, "I know that, Zepia. And I do not care. If I desire the light of the Crimson Moon, I could gain it now."

"How?"

"A power that the True Ancestors possessed, and I have inherited." She smiled, her fangs showing. "Marble Phantasm. The power to reshape the world. As long as it is possible within the rules of this world, I can make it happen." She stood up and walked towards him... once more appearing seductive...

"The Crimson Moon naturally shines upon this world, as such I can call it forth with Marble Phantasm. With it I will start up your Reality Marble." She was close to him, so close. "You will then float from place to place. Absorbing the feelings and concepts from the humans, stopping only to feed using the form they desire. Then, in a thousand years, when the Crimson Moon shines naturally, you shall awaken. A perfect deathless existence. It sounds wondrous, no?"

"Very." Zepia found it hard to breathe.

"Excellent." She backed off, "Finish your work, Zepia. Murder tells me in a weeks time my sister will awaken. At which time the castle will not be safe."

"...your sister?"

"The last True Ancestor. She awakens only to hunt the Serpent. But if we are here when she does, she will try to kill us." She yawned, "Personally I'm not worried much about myself, but if she kills you after all this work, then I will be sad."

"Very well, I will perfect this equation by tomorrow."

"Excellent. I will send you another bottled meal... would a Pope be good?"

----

"...this is it Master, you are close to realizing your dream."

"Yes, isn't it grand?" He laughed as he worked. It was not much work. He was merely refining the equations that Altrouge had devised. In truth, "by tomorrow" was a bit of an understatement. He would likely be done by end of the hour.

"You are aware of what will happen." The familiar looked sad, "You will have to kill people to survive."

"I know that." He glared at her, "I do not care. If they wanted to live they should have worked for it like I have."

"...I see." She sighed. "I will stand by you still Master, even as you walk into Hell."

"Yes yes. Whatever."

"......"

----

"My my, you took my amateur work and turned it into art Zepia." Altrouge was impressed. "I must admit, I will be almost saddened to see you be gone for a thousand years. Your company has proved pleasant."

They were outside again. Zepia was now making the internal modifications, forging his Reality Marble into the exact shape it needed to me. "Once I activate it, I will need the Crimson Moon to shine upon me in order to subliminal my existence into it."

"Yes, yes. However, Zepia. There is one thing that has bothered me." She glanced over at the familiar. Her smile was not kind.

"..." The familiar stared back.

"This familiar of yours, she does not approve of what we are doing?"

"No, she does not."

"...I see no reason for such a creature who disrespects her Master to exist." Her smile was now fully vicious. "Plus, you can not take her with you anyways. So... get rid of her."

"What?" The familiar gasped, "Master would never-"

"Done." Zepia said.

And the familiar fell to the ground, suddenly feeling sick... horribly sick. "Master...?"

"I cut off her mana supply, she will fade within the hour."

"...master." The familiar stood up, "Master..." Tears were in her eyes. "Master! Why!" She screamed, "I stood up for you! Helped you! Protected you!"

"You are a bother." He said coldly.

Altrouge rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I don't think I could take an hour of this. Murder dearie, kill her."

In an instant the beast stood up, leaping towards the familiar. Who instantly, almost reflexively, threw up a shield.

It was an impressive shield.

It held back Primate Murder for a whole second.

Silence followed as blood splattered upon the ground.

"Well, now that we've dealt with that." Altrouge said cheerfully, "Activate your Reality Marble."

"Of course." He held up his arms, running the mana through his now far greater circuits.

The air around them rippled, a change came upon existence.

And the world changed.

"Yes, interesting. No exterior change though." Altrouge nodded, "Though, that's to be expected. Since this Reality Marble changes things in a more subtle way."

She held up her hand. "Good luck, Zepia. Let us meet again someday."

And the sky turned red. The moon was no longer white. It was a bloody red, and filled with power.

The glory of Marble Phantasm.

"Yes..." Zepia whispered, "Yes... it is done." He felt the change begin to come upon him. Soon he would no longer be an existence of flesh. "It's amazing, amazing!" He began to laugh, "It's... wonderful... ha ha ha... ha..."

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

End.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hurrah, a name even I recognize.

I'll be looking at these when I get home, to be sure...
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    God, I may start sounding like a broken record here, but your work is just awesome, Pata.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Violet.

By Pata Hikari

The building burned.

The fires consumed the blasted and ruined frame, stained red and brown with blood.

Death and destruction was everywhere.

Just another day for Aozaki Aoko.

----

Aoko was staying in a richly decorated hotel. It was around ten miles from the target, and filled to the brim with luxuries. A spa, a pool, unlimited room service, you name it, it has it.

All being paid for by the Magi Association, of course. There was no way she was spending any of her money while doing some patch up job for them.

Currently she was eating steak pizza with Swiss cheese. The steak was from Kobe and the cheese was the best she could find. The dough was made by a strain of wheat grown only in ten places in the world.

It was the most expensive pizza she could think of.

And it was delicious.

She glanced over at the phone, and wondered if she could call to have a massage therapist come in and tend to her. Sadly, any potential massage in her future was chased away by the knocking on a door.

Aoko sighed, "Come in." She grumbled.

The door opened and in walked a Magus. She knew this one, Robin Ackerman. A young kid from the Clock Tower. He's also one of the few Magi she actually liked. Which is why the poor kid got roped into being the Association's messenger all the time.

"Hello Miss Blue."

"Hey Robin." She waved lazily, holding up a slice of pizza. "Want some?"

"No thanks." He just smiled and sat down. "Um, the Clock Tower sends its thanks."

"Yeah yeah, but does it send me its money?" Aoko asked, "That's the important part."

Robin chuckled, "Yes Ma'am." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a debit card. "This card will let you access a bank account that has 1.5 million American dollars."

"US bucks this time? Got it." She took the card. "Thanks Robin. So, how goes things with you? Family OK? Keeping up your studies? Did your mom get the flowers I sent her?"

"Yes yes." Robin smiled wistfully, "I've been doing well, and Mother did get the flowers." He laughed, "Father panicked when he learned you sent them."

"Yeah, I can understand that." Aoko fell back onto her bed. "I'm a dangerous person, you know."

Robin frowned, "You're not dangerous-"

"Robin, I just killed a dozen people." Her tone actually became serious. "Each one of them a powerful Magus."

"But still, you only did that because they're dangerous, right? Around most people you're-"

The bathroom door opened, and another girl walked in.

"...Master, who is this boy?"

She had the appearance of a young girl. A white girl. Frilly white dress, a white ribbon in her hair, long white hair. Only her eyes showed any color, a bright red. A smile, that was cruel in the way only a child's smile can be, covered her face.

"Oh, Len. This is Robin." She pointed at the young magus, "Robin, this is Len, my familiar."

"Pleased to meet you." Len bowed.

"You didn't have a familiar last time we met."

"Yeah." Aoko sat back up, "I made her around... three months ago, I'd say."

"That's right Master." Len said, "You made me then." She laughed darkly, "That was fun..."

"Now now, remember, you can't cause too much trouble. Not with those sorts of people around. Your other half will kill you." Aoko said, her voice taking on a slight threatening tone.

"...huh?" Robin stared at the two.

"Nothing of your concern." Len brushed him off. "Anyways Master, what is this boy doing here?"

"Ah he's just a friend of mine." Aoko brushed her familiar's concerns off, "Because of that, the Association likes to use him as an errand boy involving me."

"Miss Blue..." Robin muttered, "That's not very nice. I do it because nobody else will."

"Interesting." Len walked over to him, and sniffed him. "Smells nice..." She said, her smile seeming to gain fangs...

...however she noticed Aoko's eyes burning into her back, so Len pulled away.

"So, Miss Blue." Robin decided to ignore the uncomfortable moment, "Um, I was wondering if you can tell me..."

"What happened?" Aoko finished his sentence. "Well, it's pretty simple. There were some Magi, they were doing something bad. And I killed them to stop them."

"Honestly Master." Len rolled her eyes, "The boy is asking, in a roundabout way, what the Magi were doing before you blasted them into hamburger."

"You explain it then." Aoko folded her arms in indignation.

"Very well." Len's smile became even more vicious. "It was simply horrible. Tell me, boy, have you heard of the Fountain of Youth?"

Robin nodded. The Fountain of Youth was an old artifact. Anyone who bathed in the waters gained youth again, however, it had dried up centuries ago.

"This group of magi were trying to recreate it. Probably would have succeeded too." Len leaned in close to him. "You want to know the method they used?" She didn't let him answer. "They took the blood and life force of things that are "young" and killed them. Mixing them into some sort of magic device. Young, human children mainly. Most of them under five years old." She laughed. "Such a tragedy. They must have gotten nearly two hundred children. However, they still did not have enough to recreate the Fountain." She was still smiling, laughing as she talked about this thing that made him sick. "Master used a clever trick to lure them out. I was to be the bait." She stepped back, "As you can see, I look like a child. Once I was captured, Master followed me. Where she killed them all."

"..." Robin said noting.

"Morbid little kitty, aren't you." Aoko muttered. "Yeah, that's the story. How do you feel about that, Robin?"

"That's a horrible thing they did, Miss Blue. It's inexcusable."

"Good to hear." Aoko said cheerfully, "Most Magi would simply say they had gotten to greedy." Her voice became disdainful, "They would only care that they risked exposure by capturing so many of them over the past two years. Which is, of course, the exact reason the Association called me to this job. They were simply being too noticeable. And previous attempts to silence them had failed. So they called in the Magic Gunner, the Clock Tower's assassin." She said that part with particular venom.

Robin just nodded, "It doesn't seem fair. But what can we do? I don't think even you could hunt down and stop every Magus with ill intentions."

"Yeah, and that's the only reason I take up these jobs." Aoko sighed, "I at least can stop the worst of them."

"Oh dear." Len seemed to be starting a song, "Master's being a hyp-o-crite."

Robin stared at the familiar. He'd never seen one speak to their master like that.

"Talking of stopping people who commit evil, when there's plenty of sins on. Her. Soul." She kept up the childish song, as Aoko gritted her teeth. "Talks of good and right when she lets me stand right. Here. With. Her."

"Enough Len." Aoko growled, "I know I've done wrong before, but I fix my mistakes and repent of my sins. So God help me don't start making me consider you a mistake."

"Oh fine Master." Len picked up a slice of pizza and quickly consumed it. "I'm going to sleep." She suddenly shrank. In an instant a white cat was standing where she stood, and the cat jumped on the top of the bed and curled up.

"Well, Miss Blue, I'll be going now." Robin stood up, "Thank you for your time."

"Oh come on, don't be like that." Aoko whined, "Stay a while! You just got here!" She stood up and grabbed his arm, "Come on, I've been spending all my time with her." She gestured towards the now sleeping cat. "I could use some friendly company."

"..." Robin's sighed, "OK, fine."

"Great. I'll order another pizza, let's see if I can make it even more expensive." She picked up the phone and dialed.

----

The hours passed.

Three pizzas had been eaten.

"..." Aoko glanced down at the remaining slice. "Hey, Robin."

"Yeah?"

"...did you know I have a sister?"

"Yes Miss Blue, Touko Aozaki, the Puppet Maker, correct?"

"Yup, that's her." Aoko sighed, "Haven't spoken to her in years. Pretty sure she wants to kill me."

"Oh come on, it can't be that..." He stopped, there was a pained look in her eyes.

"Heh." She noticed his concern. "Yeah, it was a huge fuck up. I don't know if she'll ever forgive me." She sighed, "Good night Robin. I'll see you off tomorrow."

"Good Night, Miss Blue."

----

By nature, a Magus leaves a trail.

Their Magic Circuits interact with the world in a way that makes it possible to track if you know what to look for. The problem is that knowing what to look for is hard. Every Magus leaves a unique trail, and it quickly dissipates so that it becomes even harder to track.

However, this particular Magus had left its mark all over.

And he was an expert in tracking spells.

Almost one hundred miles from where the Magus had struck, in a lofty hotel, he stopped.

Now to prepare.

----

"Good bye Miss Blue." The next day Robin had woken up, showered, and called the Clock Tower to say he had delivered the payment... before Aoko even got up.

"Oh, yeah. See ya Robin. How about I visit you sometime?"

"Heh." Robin laughed nervously, "I think Mother and Father would freak out."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I should do it."

"And you claim to be so good." Len muttered.

"Um, bye." Robin left, shutting the door behind him.

"OK!" Aoko picked up the phone. "Let's get some room service." She dialed the number.

"Well?" Len tapped her foot, "I want some breakfast."

"Nobody's answering." Aoko said quietly.

"Odd."

"...Len, go downstairs and see what's going on, if anything weird is happening, come back and tell me."

----

The elevator dropped down to the first floor.

"Once I get home I'm taking a long break." Robin muttered. He just wanted to research his magic, not run around. Sure, visiting Aoko was nice. But still, he wouldn't mind just once not having to run halfway across the world every time she needed to have business dealt with. "Guess that's the price I pay." His own personal karma. For being able to call a Sorcerer friend, he had to be inconvenienced like this.

The elevator opened.

To a morgue.

People were sprawled across the floor.

Dead.

Everyone dead. Holes in their bodies, limbs cut off. The smell of death filled the air.

..no blood. There was no blood through.

That struck Robin as even more wrong.

He marched through the shriveled corpses... not one had a single drop of blood.

"What... what happened here?" His mind searched for an explanation.

Dead Apostle attack? No, they tended to leave blood around, plus the bodies turn to ash shortly, not shriveled husks like this.

Some other inhuman creature? He tried to think of any, but his mind came up blank. Nothing in his research in protecting against attacks, a very important research for him, spoke of any creature that moved like this.

...that left.

A human had done this.

He entered the lobby.

An older man, probably in his mid fifties, was standing in the center.

Standing over a dead woman... clutching a child in her hands.

Blood was being sucked out of them both. Sucked and compressed into a small red sphere held in the mans hands.

...it was human, that much he knew. A Magus.

"They took the blood and life force of things that are "young" and killed them. Mixing them into some sort of magic device."

Lens words from last night came to him.

Aoko had missed one. One of her targets had gotten away. And now he was here, likely for revenge.

He turned to face him, and older man. In his fifties. "Hmm... another one. Still young, good." he raised his left hand, magic forming in his hand. Muttering an incantation, a spear of light shot out. A basic attack spell.

Instantly Robin opened up his Magic Circuits. "Protective Light!" He shouted the incantation, and a silver barrier appeared in front him. The spell harmlessly dissipated against the shield.

Barriers was the Ackerman family specialty. His right hand lit up as his Magic Crest appeared, an intricate pattern that went from the fingertips to just past the wrist.

"Hmm... another Magus. Good. Your life will prove much more useful."

He didn't say a word, he merely filled a section of the Crest with mana, activating one of the spells used to defend oneself.

Barriers formed in front of him, compressing the air into a tighter and tighter area. With a single mental command, he released the air in the direction of the enemy Magus with a sound like a gunshot. The spell produced "blades" of air. Moving at supersonic speeds, it took superhuman reflexes to dodge. Because no magic made the blades, only the compression of the barriers, magical defenses did not even slow them down. A near perfect attack.

Direct hit, the blades sliced through the enemy, cutting through his arm and leg. Blood splattered out, and he nearly collapsed.

"Surrender." Robin ordered, ready to fire off another shot.

"...interesting." The Magus held up the red sphere. "I did not think I would be forced to use some of this." The sphere glowed, and red steam flowed out from it, flowing into the Magus' hand.

In an instant the wounds healed, and he stood up."I hope you have a strong lifeforce, child. Because you're going to need it to repay me having to use some of this."

"Enough." With another crack, he shot another set of blades. However, this time, red steam flowed out of the sphere, bursting and scattering the instant the blades hit, but not harming the Magus.

"..." Robin frowned. That was his best attack, yet the enemy had adapted. "Damn it, I should have aimed to kill at the first shot."

"Yet you didn't, a common mistake of youth. They, ironically, fear death far more then the elderly. So they can not inflict it as easily." The sphere glowed again, and blades of red light shot out of it.

Robin raised up a barrier, and was shoved back by the sheer force of the attack.

"I just used up the lifeforce of that infant healing, defending, and attacking." The Magus said this so calmly, "You have made me waste my time".

"Shut up!" Robin shouted, "Shining Light. Seal Danger. Stop Movement!" Another incantation, and barriers formed around the enemy, forming a basic seal.

The bloody mist punched through the barriers in an instant.

"...is barriers all you can do? An interesting branch of magecraft to specialize in." He sounded like a professor commenting on a new student.

Robin activated another spell on his Crest, barriers formed on the bottom of his feet, instantly reducing the friction the ground provided to zero. Using this he skated towards the enemy at speeds faster then a human could normally run. "Matter Cutting Light. Miniature!" A small barrier formed in his hand, a makeshift dagger.

The distance between them was null now, thrusting out his weapon, he moved to stab the Magus in the neck.

Only to pierce red mist.

"What?" He had vanished... teleported?

"Did you really think a close range attack would work." The enemy was now standing three feet to his left

"Movement." He applied a basic spell to the handheld barrier and threw it out at the Magus. The red mist blocked it again.

"Damn it!"

"Enough of this foolishness." The red sphere glowed again, a sword of flame formed in front of him. "Die." He threw it.

"Protective Light!"
    The sword was stopped by the barrier, briefly. It began slowly drilling through. "Shit shit shit!" He poured more mana into it. Activating his crest, he then spoke the incantation of the strongest protection he knew. "Sol Sheild. Guardian Might. Ultimate Protection! Defend!" A Golden light formed in front of him just as the silver barrier faded.

Then the flame sword began drilling through his ultimate defense.

"..." This wasn't fair. Everything he had tried had failed. His best magic, and he had only hit him once, and it hadn't even really done anything. The sword was halfway through the barrier by now. In a matter of moments he would die, it was all he could do to hold it back...

The sword shattered, a white blur of light moving across it.

"...a cat?" The magus asked.

A white cat was sitting in front of Robin. In an instant she shifted, growing to the form of a young girl.

"My my, it would seem Master missed one." Len smiled, and in an instant moved.

A white blur shot towards the man, a glowing light of pure magic, shockwaves flew out as the light made contact with a bloody barrier.

Len jumped back just before a dozen blades of red impaled her, before forming a sphere of light and launching it at the Magus. In an instant he deflected it, throwing a dozen fireballs the size of his head at her.

Len didn't even bother to dodge, she formed the strongest barrier Robin had ever seen and blocked them. Casually.

"...!!" The Magus looked visibly frustrated. "What are you?" He hissed.

"A familiar." Len answered, relishing the look on his face.

"...what sort of Magus lets their familiar use magic like you have?" He asked, genuinely curious, "A familiar is not supposed suck its master's power like this."

"My Master." Len answered, with a wave of her hand spires of light shot out from her. No, not light. Mana, crystallized into pure power, shooting out like ice crystals.

It was then that Robin truly knew Azokai Aoko's strength. To have a familiar with this level of power, to be able to support it with ease. Her strength must be unbelievable.

The Magus threw out spears of red light, each one shattering against the crystals, but weakening them enough to block with a barrier. "Enough of this foolishness. Surrender familiar, or I will kill you."

"You can't kill me." Len said flatly, "It is an empty threat. I am formed from a Reality Marble. My existence defies the laws of this world. You can kill me like you can kill the wind." Her eyes began to change, becoming redder. "You, human, have lived such a short life. I have seen countless beings like you perish. I have consumed stronger things then you. When I am finished with you your soul will be begging to be dest-"

"Boasting, are we Len? You know, modesty is really something you need to learn."

"Miss Blue!" Robin felt relief. Aoko was here, she'd fix things.

"...the Magic Gunner. The Fifth Sorcerer." The Magus said. "I should have known you were the one who killed my colleagues."

"I see I failed to get rid of all of you." Aoko said, her voice devoid of emotion. "I get it now. That's why even though I destroyed the things the other Magi were using to suck away the blood nothing happened. You hold the core, and all the life you and your partners have stolen is in it." Aoko glanced over at Robin and Len. "Len, protect Robin. I will deal with this son of a bitch myself."

"..." Len stared at Aoko.

"This is my mistake, my sin. These people have died because I failed to catch this one." She narrowed her eyes. "I will deal with him, that is an order as your Master, Len."

Silence followed.

"Very well, Master." She then raised up a barrier around the two of them. "Well, Robin, looks like we get to know each other a bit better now." She smiled sweetly.

----

Aoko looked at the Magus, studying him. He had a huge store of power in that sphere of his. Two years worth of innocent lives.

Power had never meant much to Aoko though.

In an instant the magus formed a dozen swords of flame. A single one had been able to break through Robin's strongest defense. He fired them all at once.

Aoko, hands in her pockets, just stood there, the swords rushed towards her, any moment they'd made contact...

The stopped, and faded into nothingness.

"What?" The Magus stared, "What did you do?"

"Hmm? Me? I didn't do anything really, I just didn't get hit. Reality had to make sure that happened, you know. I can't very well get hit if I, by definition, am not hit."

"...that makes no sense."

"Oh? It makes perfect sense. Really, for supposedly understanding the arcane mysteries of the world you Magi can be dumb."

The Magus gritted his teeth. "You're mocking me!"

"Oh gee wizz! He got it!" Aoko laughed.

The Magus growled, "Enough of this, your life will be a wonderful addition to my project. Who knows, perhaps I will absorb your Magic."

"Cute." Aoko didn't remove her hands from her pockets. "You're still not being serious though."

"...enough out of you." He held up his hand, lightning crackling around the sphere. "Die.

A scream errupted from the sphere, a red shade leaped out of it. Surrounded in flames, it was a constantly shifting form ran towards Aoko. It screamed as bloody tears fell from it, claws formed, as it slashed at her.

...and vanished before it could make contact.

"Honestly." Aoko still hadn't moved, "You're still holding back." Her hands were still in her pocket. "You have a lot of power, but your still rationing it. Old Man, I am the Magic Gunner. I wield the Fifth Magic. I've battled Dead Apostles that have lived for centuries and won. I've been in hand to hand combat with spirits endless and ageless, and I've killed some. I've destroyed entire cities with a wave of my hand." She narrowed her eyes, "So if you think that anything less then your full power is going to do anything to me you're mistaken."

"...very well. I'll need to restart, but with your power it shall be easier then ever." He held up the sphere.

And shattered it.

Gallons of blood sprayed out, it spiraled around him. Hundreds of lives, all of them focusing into a single attack, a single spell. A spell created only to kill.

"Now, Magic Gunner, die." He threw out his hand.

And the blood burst into flame, launching towards Aoko. A massive attack that could shatter a mountain.

Aoko drew her left hand from her pocket. "Oh, this is going to be fun."

...a tiny bit of Mana was drawn into her.

And the spell stopped. A spell created from the lives of over two hundred people, a force that was unstoppable. Was frozen in place.

"...!!!" The Magus stepped back, "Impossible! That... that.. you can't do that! Is this... is this Blue?"

"What? No." Aoko laughed, "You're not a big enough threat to use Blue against." The spell began to collapse, compressing into itself, condensing back into a sphere hovering in front of her hand. And then it began to compress even more. It compressed harder and harder. Until it was no longer a red sphere.

It was a point.

A point without form, for a split second it appeared as nothingness, before a sphere of blackness formed around it.

"Now, Magus. You die." Aoko then pushed the blackness towards him.

He couldn't dodge, he couldn't move or do anything. It hit him, and he screamed, his body began to pull into itself, sucked into the sphere of black. He choked, gagging as his lungs were sucked out. He could no longer scream, he could only stare at her. "You." he mouthed. "How?" And then he was fully consumed.

"..." Aoko snapped her fingers.

And the sphere exploded.

Blood flew out everywhere, covering the walls, the corpses, the ceiling. And Aoko. In the center of it all, there was a crater where the mangled corpse of a Magus rested.

"..." Aoko glanced over at Len and Robin, safe and clean thanks to the barrier. "You two OK?"

"We're fine Master."

Robin shuddered, "That was... frightening. Thank you... Miss Blue."

"Hey, no problem. You'd do the same for me, right?" Aoko smiled. "Anyway, I suggest you get out of here. Go and report back to the Clock Tower kid."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Me and Len can clean up this mess."

"...OK." He paused, and made a barrier to keep the blood off him, and walked outside. "Hey, Miss Blue?"

"Yeah?"

"My birthday is in a month, how about you come over?"

"Sounds like fun."

He left the two alone then, leaving the building.

Aoko sighed as soon as he left. "Maybe I should take up smoking like Touko..."

Here she was, covered in blood, corpses everywhere. Any minute now people were going to start showing up, the Bounded Field she set up wasn't going to be able to block peoples urges to come out much longer. And she had to clean up this damn mess.

Just another day for Aozaki Aoko.

End.

(And now for Moe-Moe Akiha)

Marry Me.

By Pata Hikari

"Nii-san! Nii-san!" Akiha cheerfuly ran towards the boys playing.

SHIKI smiled, "I'm here Akiha."

And she ran right past him.

"..." SHIKI sighed. Ever since the Nanaya kid had showen up, Akiha had all but ignored him. Granted, they didn't have the closest relationship before, but now Akiha barely acknowledged his existance.

It made him feel jealous, for some reason. He knew he shouldn't. Akiha was his dear sister. A kind and gentle girl, she was probably just trying to help Shiki feel welcome.

"What is it Akiha?" Shiki asked as Akiha clasped his hands in hers.

"I have something I want to show you!" Akiha sounded eager, "Me and Hisui-chan worked on it all week!"

So that's the "secret project" that the girls had been doing, thus sealing off the guest room on the first floor.

"Um... OK." Shiki was practially being dragged by Akiha, he gave a hopeless glance towards SHIKI, who just laughed.

"OK Akiha, let's see this."

"Oh, yeah. You can see it too." Akiha added, "Come on Nii-san, let's go."

----

The room was easy to find, what with Hisui bouncing in front of it. "Ahika-chan, you got Shiki-chan?"

"Yup!"

"Hi Hisui." Shiki smiled faintly, "What's in there?"

"Come in and see!" Hisui eagerly opened the door, rushing inside.

The guest room was completely covered in newspaper, the newspaper itself splattered with paint.

SHIKI's eyes were drawn towards the canvas in the center of the room. A painting rested there.

The painting was very well done. Obviously drawn by Akiha, who had been taught since the age of three all the Artistic skills a lady needed.

"It's nice looking Akiha." SHIKI said.

"Akiha-chan drew it and I painted it!" Hisui said proudly.

"It's pretty." Shiki said, and the two girls smiles lit up.

"Hmm..." SHIKI examined the painting. "Um, who's it of?"

The panting portrayed a wedding... wait.

"Akiha..." SHIKI glanced at his little sister. "Come on."

Akiha's face became red. "SHIKI you jerk." She muttered.

"Hey, yeah, who's in it? The girl looks kinda like you Akiha." Shiki said, completely failing to notice her embarrasment.

"It's me and Nii-san." She muttered, "We're getting married in the picture. Look. There's Hisui-chan as the maid of honor and SHIKI's the best man even."

"Huh?" Shiki was ever oblivous, "You want to get married Akiha?"

"Yes!" In an instant Akiha was grasping Shiki's hands. "Wouldn't it be great if we got married Nii-san?"

"A-a-akiha?" Shiki stuttered, his face turning red too.

...is this how Akiha feels? SHIKI thought, "You really wanna marry him Akiha." He suddenly leaned over Shiki. "You know Akiha, as your big brother it's my job to make sure guys are right for you."

"H-hey come on SHIKI..."

Akiha glared at him, "Nii-san's perfect for me and you know it." She had a look on her face, he knew if he said no she'd never forgive him. Hisui was glaring at him too.

"...yeah, probably." He had really just wanted to see Shiki sweat.

"See? Even he agrees!" Akiha turned back to Shiki, "If we get married Nii-san I'll be able to take care of you forever! Doesn't that sound good?"

"And I'll be helping." Hisui added, "Me and Akiha-chan have it all worked out." She nodded sagely.

"So come on Nii-san, doesn't it sound nice?" Akiha was almost pleadng now.

"Well, yeah, it sounds nice..." Shiki was still blushing, "And I do like you Akiha... I guess so."

"So it's agreeded. When we grow up we'll get married and I'll take care of you forever." Akiha eyes shone, "I'll do everything you could ever need Nii-san." She whispered.

Then she quickly leaned in and kissed him. A quick and simple touch of the lips. But she pulled back just as quickly.

A moment of silence followed as both Shiki and Akiha blushed.

"Anyways!" Hisui broke the silence, "We need to get this into Shiki-chan's room."

"It's for you, after all Nii-san." Akiha jumped back, her dress fluttering. "It'll keep the promise in your memory, right?"

"Yeah, heheheh." Shiki glanced at SHIKI. "Girls are weird." he whispered.

"You get used to them." SHIKI gave some advice. "Anyways, I'll help, this looks heavy." He walked over to the painting and helped the two girls pick it up.

End.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like your stuff, Please, do post more. They're all rather good stories, and enjoyable to read.

Banned
    My question is why did you stop writing?

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lack of time can be the author's #1 worst enemy.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Another possibility is burning out of that particular universe.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    My question is why did you stop writing?
    Because I got distracted by writing, among other things, an original novel.

I never stopped writing, I simply wrote different things.

Plus I can't figure out a good ending for Endless Dream, so that bugs me.

And now: The second silliest Tsukihime thing I've ever written.

The first has yet to be finished.

Shopping Trip

By Pata Hikari

With Apologies to all involved.

Swish, swish swish.

The tail of the cat moved through the air.

She silently rested on a window. Her eyes were locked onto the maid.

The maid's name was Hisui, and Master liked her.

Of course, Master also liked her old temporary master, his adoptive sister, that girl from the Church and that crazy woman in the kimono who frankly frightened her.

But still.

Master had a particular fondness for the maid, and she had to admit. She liked Hisui the most out of all the residents in the house. Akiha gave her angry stares at time. And Kohaku... well... she didn't exactly know why, but Kohaku still scared her. The look she has in her eyes at times...

And lets not even begin to discuss the robot...

Hisui was currently resting. The housework was complete, she had even changed out of the heavy maid outfit into a more comfortable dress.

The cat decided to use a more comfortable place to rest, and jumped down from the window and dashed into Hisui's lap.

"Hmm?" Hisui glanced down at her, "Good afternoon Len-sama." She said in her usual quiet voice.

Len just meowed as Hisui reached down and petted her.

This was the life. Resting on a nice persons lap and getting petted.

"Hisu-chan!" Kohaku's voice came from the kitchen, "Can you do your dear older sister who you love so much a favor?"

"..." Hisui sighed, "Yes Nee-san?" She called back.

"Could you be a dear and pick up some stuff at the market? I'm making something special for Shiki-san tonight and I don't have all the ingredients."

"Fine." Hisui slowly stood up, heading towards the kitchen, Len quickly reacted and jumped to the floor. Walking along side the maid.

----

"Here's the list Hisui-chan." Kohaku handed a hastily scribbled down list as she stirred a tomato sauce.

"..." Hisui looked down at the list. "Nee-san, why is there a dozen different kinds of meat here?"

"Cause I'm making pizza, and it's not a pizza unless it's piled to the brim with meat! <3" Kohaku said cheerfully.

They could hear the heart.

"That is not healthy in the slightest Nee-san." She looked down at the list again, "Also, Buffalo?"

"It's a very good meat I'll have you know."

Len jumped up, running up to perch on Hisui's shoulder. She glanced down at the list, and made a distasteful meow.

"I believe Len-sama doesn't approve either." Hisui paused, "Probably due to the lack of fish."

Len meowed again in confirmation.

"Still, Nee-san. I don't think I could carry all this at once."

"Well have Len-chan help." Kohaku said, "I'm doing this for Shiki-san, so as his familiar she should be willing to help."

"..." Len nodded, and jumped off Hisui. Instantly she changed into the familiar shape of a young girl.

"Hmmm..." Hisui paused. "Len-sama, do you have any alternate outfit? This one... stands out."

"..." Len looked up at Hisui, and slowly shook her head. Her outfit was simply another expression of her human form.

"We have plenty of old outfits of Akiha-sama in storage, I could get her dressed up." Kohaku grinned.

"..." Len suddenly felt like running.

"Hisu-chan, just keep on stirring the sauce while I get Len-chan all dressed up." Kohaku grabbed Len by the arm and dragged her off.

"..." Hisui shrugged and began stirring.

----

"OK Hisui-chan, it's done!"

It took around ten minutes, but Kohaku finally came back, Len in tow.

Hisui stared at Len.

There was a look in her eyes.

This is your fault.

"Nee-san, why is she in one of Akiha-sama's old school uniforms?"

"Because it looks adorable." Kohaku answered.

...Hisui had to admit it was cute.

A white blouse, with a dark blue pleated skirt. A small blue tie. Her black ribbon was tied in the back of the hair, which was in a single long braid rather then flowing freely.

Len was still glaring at her.

"Well then, Len-sama, shall we go shopping?"

She grudgingly followed.

----

They walked towards the market. Kohaku reassured them that this store called "Meaty Joe" would supply them with all the meats they required.

And so they marched towards the address. Catching the eyes of quite a few people.

It was odd, Hisui had gotten Len to wear more normal clothing to avoid this.

However, she could not realize one simple fact.

Hisui and Len, together, produced such an aura of quiet that people subconsciously became calmer, and their attention drawn to them, they parted to keep the two girls from being interrupted.

In short, they stood out because combined, they produce the quality of "not standing out" so much it loops around itself.

Sadly, Hisui and Len never learn of this. But it ultimately becomes the master thesis of a Magus that was passing by.

----

"Meaty Joe" it turned out, was run by a tall muscular foreigner. His jet black hair tied back in a ponytail, he smiled kindly as they walked in. "Hello Miss." He said in perfect Japanese, "What can I get you?"

"Um, yes." Hisui handed him the note, "I need all of this."

"..." Joe stared at the list. "Is this all?"

Len tugged at Hisui's dress.

"Oh, yes. Also two pounds of salmon."

Joes eyes widened momentarily, before nodding. "Right away ma'am." He moved with remarkable efficacy. Gathering up the order within a few minutes, fitting them into three bags.

...however, in secret, he slipped a small narrow box into the third bag.

"Thank you." Hisui picked up the first two bags, while Len grabbed the third.

"Come again Miss." He said cheerfully.

...once they left, he pulled out a cell phone. He dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this the Yamatos?"

"No, I'm afraid not."

"I'm sorry, I'll try a different number." He then hung up.

Then he sighed, three years and it had happened.

The agent had picked up the papers, now he could retire from running this silly shop in the middle of Japan.

----

It was an exact, random combination of meat to be ordered and taken by two people.

First the agent was supposed to present a list with the orders, then the agent was to remember to add "two pounds of salmon" to the list.

To an observer who didn't know anything, it would just be a big, if odd order.

To those who knew, they knew it was time.

The United Nations had made its move, and needed those papers again.

...needless to say, there were dozens of other organizations that wanted those papers and had been waiting for the chance. They could not strike before the agent had picked the papers up.

But now they could.

Agents from the American Government, a dozen agents from the various branches of Christianity (Despite what Ciel likes to say, the Catholic Church is not the only Christian church to have crazy secret heretic hunters. Heck, the Mormons alone have enough firepower to wipe out a small nation.) a servant of the Emperor of Japan himself, Interpol, several Magi from the Association, the servants of two Dead Apostle Ancestors and a crazy conspiracy theorist who had learned The Truth named Bill were all on the scent now.

Of course, Hisui knew of none of this, having by the most random of unlucky chances made the order.

Sadly the agent was due to show up the very next day.

So if Kohaku had decided to make pizza later none of this would have happened.

-----

The road was barricaded.

Police had done so, they were keeping anyone from passing.

"Sorry miss, nobody can get through."

"But my home is there."

"I'm sorry, but I can't make an exception."

Len walked up to the police officer, and stared at him. "..."

"I'm sorry young lady, you can't get by either."

"..." She stared at him.

"Hey, I don't make the orders miss..."

"..." She stared at him.

"L-listen, no matter what do you, what you say, there's no way I'm letting you pass!"

"..." She stared at him.

"Now listen here you!"

"..." She stared into his soul.

"....fine you two can pass." He muttered.

"Thank you." Hisui nodded.

-----

"The target has opened the first gate, I repeat, the target has opened the first gate."

-----

And so it went on.

One after another some distraction came up.

"It's almost like someone's trying to keep us away from home Len-sama." Hisui released a quiet giggle. "But that's silly, right?"

Len nodded, it was rather silly.

Then the Ninjas attacked.

Years of serving in the Tohno household had gifted Hisui with reflexes that reached the level of superhuman. And Len wasn't human anyways, so they both dodged the kunai that were thrown.

"...what." Hisui said.

"Goddammnit! How'd that miss!"

"Shut up! You want them to notice you?"

Hisui looked up. Sitting in a tree were two ninjas, dressed head to toe in black.

"You know." Hisui said in deadpan, "The 'classic' ninja garb never actually existed. It derived from a practice in old theater."

"...hey we know that ma'am, but nowadays people expect it, and the customers don't take us seriously without it."

"I see." Hisu nodded, "Len-sama, please get rid of them."

Len nodded and held out her hand. She could use her powers once in a while. Since Shiki didn't use his mana for much most of the time it almost all flowed to her. Giving her a nice jump when needed.

In an instant both ninjas were asleep.

What? Len's domain is dreams.

-----

"I am beginning to think someone is trying to stop us." Hisui said, "Do you have any idea why this is so Len-sama?"

Len shook her head.

Elsewhere, OK, around the corner, two Magi stood there. It had taken quite some time, but they had managed to craft an impressive illusion spell. Once activated, it would distort the agent's senses without her even noticing. Then they could take her to a hidden building, find the papers, then mind wipe the agent.

A perfect, flawless plan.

It would have worked too, if it weren't for two people in suits walking up to them.

"Hello there." One of them said, cheerfully.

"Oh what is it..." The Magi trailed off, "Oh shi- James! It's the Mor-"

WHAM! Both magi were knocked out in minutes.

Two men, in their twenties. The Mormon Missionaries elite assassins.

That's right, the Mormon Church makes every single "Missionary" an elite assassin.

I couldn't make this crap up if I tried.

----

"Did you hear something Len-sama?"

Len shook her head.

"Must have been my imagination."

----

They finally reached the gates of the Tohno Mansion, unknowingly being followed by still dozens of agents.

"Well, here we are. Let's get inside Len-sama."

Len smiled, she couldn't wait to get out of this outfit.

"Oh, Len? Hisui?"

"Oh! Shiki-sama..."

Shiki ran up to them. "You look like you could use some help." Without bothering to ask he took a bag from a blushing Hisui.

"Thank you... Shiki-sama."

"Is this meat?"

"Yes, Nee-san is making something that requires a lot of meat tonight."

"I see." Shiki smiled, then he looked down at Len. "That's a new outfit."

"Yes, Nee-san put her in it."

"Well it looks cute on her." Shiki smiled at Len as well.

Len blushed, her face pure red. OK, maybe the outfit could stay on...

The three walked into the house, and the agents began to follow.

...only for a mechanical door to open up in the ground.

An android, identical to Hisui down to the maid outfit. The only difference being color, bowed towards the agents.

"Nee-san." Mech-Hisui said in a robotic voice, "Multible intruders detected. Permission to use lethal force?"

"Permission Granted!" Kohaku's over enthusiastic voice came in over the radio.

Mech-Hisui slowly walked forward, as guns, missiles, lasers, chainsaws, swords, laser swords, laser chainsaw swords. Guns that shot missiles that shot even more missiles that then shot swords, that were on fire, popped out of her various weapon cavities.

...Oh crap. Was the main thought of the agents.

----

"Here you go Nee-san." Hisui said as the three bags of meat was dropped "Now if you excuse me, Len-sama and I are going back to resting."

Len nodded, but did not turn into a cat. Master liked her in this outfit so she'd stay in it as long as possible.

Hisui sighed as she sat down on the chair, Len plopping down on her lap. "I hope you like Fish pizza."

Len nodded, giving a smile as she curled up on Hisui's lap.

---

"Ara? What's this?" Kohaku opened up the thin package, and read the papers contained within.

"...interesting. I think these will come in handy. Fufufufu..." She slipped the papers into her kimono.

End.
    Last edited by Pata Hikari; July 21st, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

Forgiveness

By Pata Hikari

It was a small church.

Around fifty people had come to pray this Sunday.

It was time for the Communion.

----

Kill.

Kill.

Die.

Bloody death.

Her room was filled with blood, her families blood.

She lay there, silently staring out the window.

What have I done?

----

This is my body

The priest's words echoed as he performed the ceremony.

A truly great power, the faith of the people.

This is my blood.

Said to change normal bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ, it is one of the most sacred of ceremonies.

----

The bakery had closed down.

Many people in town wondered why. Not only that, but the baker's family had gone missing as well.

...however, it was rumored that if one looked upon their home at night, you could see the shadow of a young woman hiding within.

----

One by one the people at the church took some, accepting the sacred ceremony into their minds and hearts.

It was almost laughable that she was allowed to take this with these kind people.

Finally, it was her turn.

----

The urges had been to much.

The thoughts too great. The thing that was in her. It drove her out.

It was night, but many of the youth were still out, many of them she knew from school.

...they did not last long.

The killed them and drank their blood, it was both the most delicious and most disgusting meal ever.

The town turned into a bloodbath, that night.

----

For several minute she paused, staring at the bread and wine she was supposed to take.

...finally, she realized that people were staring at her now. She had disrupted the mood of the ceremony.

She quickly took them, her face flushed with embarrassment.

----

Every day she prayed to God, prayed that this monster that had taken her will, taken her desires, and made them into this horrible beast would be destroyed. She had never really prayed before. She hadn't even gone to church once in her life, but now she prayed more then even the most devout believer.

In the end, it was not God that saved her, but a devil.

A devil in white, a being created for destruction. She knew this devil and yet did not. She burned with desire for her but at the same time hated her.

It was long, and difficult. The thing unlocked many powers within her, and used them to fight off the devil for hours. But in the end the power she had was only secondary to this beautiful and terrible angel of death.

As her mind faded, the thought she would at last have rest.

----

She listened halfheartedly to the Mass. The words were unfamiliar to her, it was a grand irony. She was supposedly called by God to destroy things that were not human, yet she had never even read the Bible.

A Solider of Christ, yet she didn't even know His words.

She almost laughed at the whole situation.

----

She woke up in a prison.

She slowly looked around.

It was strange, she no longer felt the thing in her.

Was she in Heaven? Had mercy been extended?

...no. A sword then suddenly impaled her head, pain exploded within her, and she died. Again.

..and woke up, an unknown time later, only to be killed again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Truly... there was no mercy for her.

She was in Hell.

----

People began slowly filtering out of the church.

The time for learning and blessings was over.

It was time for people to return home, to their families and friends. To enjoy life. To laugh and simply live.

She did not leave. She had no home or families to return to. Only a mission, a single bloody mission.

----

Finally she stopped being killed.

She was allowed to move, and talk again.

She was sealed in a single room, deep underground.

By the Church.

Servants of God, who fought off those inhuman creatures that would threaten the souls of men.

She had been possessed by such a demon. And they had been killing her in an attempt to keep the demon in check.

But now they knew that the demon had moved on to a new host. Yet she still lived.

A paradox. She was defined as the demon, yet the demon had left her. The demon still lived, so she lived as well. It would be such until the demon died.

They called her a Miracle. A sign from heaven that she was destined to rid the world of this creature.

So they offered her a choice.

Would she join the hidden side of the Church of God, gain their knowledge and the right to perform sacred rites. Would she join them, and destroy the beast that had made her into a demon?

Or she could wait out, live an undying existence and wait for someone else to destroy it.

...she took them up on the offer.

----

The church was empty except for the priest, and her.

Two hours had passed, and she still sat there. Silently.

Finally, the priest, a kindly man in his forties, asked her.

"Child, what is troubling you?"

"..." She looked up at him.

"Is there something you'd like to speak with me about?"

"...I've done a lot of horrible things."

"We all have child, it is the nature of being human."

"I don't know if what I've done can be forgiven... and I'll... I'll" She'll likely do some new horrible things in the name of hunting down that demon.

"Now now, Child. The Lord is there to take our sins. Through Him, we can be forgiven."

...such a simple thing to say. It is the core of Christianity, yet she had never really thought about it. And now she was working in the church He supposedly founded.

"...I really, really hope that's true." She stood up, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." The priest smiled.

She nodded and turned to leave the church.

It was time to find and destroy that monster.

Maybe then, she could start seeking forgiveness.

End