Page 13 of 354 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Red Devil

TheSpy
    Didn't Shirou admit to having a Crush on Rin?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Please, I'd contest that myself. Shirou and Sakura spent practically every day together before the Grail War kicked up, of course she's going to be the one he thinks about more. No I don't care about anyone's potential butthurt, it just makes sense.
    Sakura was the girl next door that came round, best friend's sister so he tried to think of her as a sister rather than anything.

Rin was the school idol he had an unrequited crush on, but wouldn't act on it because lol school idol doesn't talk to random guys.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm ... fair enough, I concede my point. If we're just talking about attraction.

Now, let's get back to topics that won't potentially stir up a shit storm.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    But shitstorms are fun.

Metaphorically speaking.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

TheSpy
    At the start of the VN, Shirou has a crush on Rin. Depending on which route you play through, those feelings change.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, meaning no shitstorm to start, Koto is right. To a certain degree, he is "attracted" to everyone. Rin first, because lolunattainableschool idol, and the 'so-called' hardest to get fruit is the sweetest. Sakura was, like eddy said, the girl who he tried to put off as a little sister/just the sister of my friend. since we know Shirou has a very conservative personality, he feels that it isn't right. Saber is kinda in the same boat as Rin, the 'otherworldly/unattainable/vision of beauty' alien/magical/foreign girlfriend type. Multitude of fetish fuel at work. But this is my opinions based on attraction. We can't say whose better personality wise to him, because that varies as he gets to know them.

Oh and here is a pic I hope wasn't posted already:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    LolJewishRin.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Is she trying to pull off a summoning mid-battle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    we already know shirou was most attracted to rin pre fate though? I dont even think mike would argue that
    I don't know. He was trying to stay away from Sakura like a junkie trying to come clean in front of his fix, and you know I adore Rin.

And sadly Pixiv has become home to a lot of Rin getting Gang Raped fanart which is grrrrrr to me.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I kind of wish we got to see who else the girls could shack up with besides the protag. You know so we don't have them nailed to the main character and get into debates with certain people about whether a girl can truly find happiness without 'her man.' Her man of course referring to Shirou.
    Honestly, out of the three heroines Rin actually has other interests she could go to other than Shirou. She and Lancer were teasing each other in UBW. I need not say anything about Archer . Then there's the fact that Rin's bi-sexual. So out of all three of the heroines, it seems to me she has the most options other than Shirou. Hell, post HF I could easily see her hooking up with Rider for at least a fling after she was waxing on how gorgeous Rider was and obviously in denial that she played for the home team too.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I don't know. He was trying to stay away from Sakura like a junkie trying to come clean in front of his fix, and you know I adore Rin.
    I wouldn't go that far, it was more like "huh, Sakura's kind of hot. Oh well, can't pursue her so whatever"

Which is about what he had for Rin too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, it was more like "huh, Sakura's kind of hot. Oh well, can't pursue her so whatever"

Which is about what he had for Rin too.
    But he talked to Sakura. Rin was the unattainable one, but Sakura he was giving himself reasons to stay away and getting all nervous about it.

Then again, this is Shirou and Shirou is adorable.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you think about it that way, nothing was really stopping him from going up to Rin and saying "TOHSAKA I LIKE YOU" except reasons he gave himself. (Granted they were good reasons.)

Blog Entries
    *goes through and skims some of the prologue and first days*

....no, I stand by my original point. shirou was developing a thing for sakura, but, it was more along the lines of

"gee, she is looking sexy lately! nonono bad thoughts bad thoughts bad thoughts!!!!"

as opposed to rin where it was more along the lines of a really, really bad highschool crush

"that there is a greek goddess who is so far outta my league its not funny and causes my brain to short circuit"

like talking aloud about her pretty hair in front of her or warning her about her breasts touching him.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Blame it on the ones who made Rin/Saber a fanservice pairing.
    Yeah....

I find the fact that there are considerably more pictures of Rin with Saber than with her own sister absolutely ridiculous, personally....

I wish there were more Sakura/Rin pictures (and not of the "Dark Sakura raping Rin" type, as hot as those are...).

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Saber's fine and all, she just gets annoying when the 9999999th picture you've just gone through has had Saber in the limelight, with everyone else just standing around looking less awesome than her.
    Yeah, this.

Try being a Sakura fan....

Personally, I'd like to see more Saber x Shirou pics like that.
    And I'd like to see more Sakura x Shirou pics, but that doesn't mean they're magically going to appear, unfortunately....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    Honestly? I use that site too and most of what I see are ArcherxRin and ShirouxSaber.

...Of course, there is the possibility that I'm confusing fanart for fanfiction, where Rin is 9 out of 10 times paired up with Archer.
    Yeah, most of the pairings I can see on Pixiv seem to be Shirou x Saber and Archer x Rin.

At least Rin actually gets drawn, though, even if it's with Archer. Sakura doesn't even get that.

Am I the only one who got the feeling that Nasu was shipping RinxShirou harder then the other pairs?(Those named Mike or Keyne should not respond)
    Sorry, but no. I'm pretty sure he's stated before that he thinks Sakura x Shirou is the best pairing.

I mean even when I watched the anime it just seemed so convenient for Rin that Saber left allowing her to slide right into place, even more so in the vn where he goes to school with her and does not head off to the bridge to reminisce some.
    Or, equally, she could have left to allow Sakura to take her place....

And in Heaven's Feel we get this weird seemingly unnecessary part at the end where Rin thinks to her self that she might actually love him.
    All that proves is that Rin, like Sakura, is attracted to him even outside her route. There's no chance in hell of them ending up together there, unless Sakura and Shirou decide to give her the pleasure of a threesome, which I somehow doubt....

I know a lot of you will reject this because you like to see Shirou as super monogamous but come on, he is Kiritsugu's son and all the heroines comment on his latent womanizing tendencies. The possibility exists, most males remember there first crush fondly but they still move on because that is how humans work.
    Yeah, and he can move on to Sakura

Koto, find some delicious Rin x Sakura.
    Yeah, nice idea....

Although, in their case, I kind of think that just normal sisterly love is better....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    And you are quickly becoming one of my least favourite people on this site.
    Well, he was one of your least favourite people on the last site too, and it never bothered him there....

I think it's more like, all the heroines love him to some extent in pretty much every route. That's the way it has to be in eroge because nobody wants to imagine their heroine of choice running off with some random other guy in the other routes.
    Well, I certainly don't think that way, because after all she's been through Sakura deserves to be happy, and if she can't get that happiness with Shirou she deserves to have the chance of getting it with someone else.

Just Rin is the one we get to see inside the mind of most often, so "RIN LIKES SHIROU" gets pointed out more.
    Really?

I would say that "Sakura likes Shirou" is pointed out far more obviously, personally....

I guess but than there was the scene with Rider where we have Shirou's inner most fantasy (possibly assuming it works like Len) to be Rin, at least at that point (I see you Mike calm down sex is not the same as love anyway).
    Well, that's by default, basically. At that point he barely knows Saber, and he's still in his "Sakura is my Kohai, I must not think of her as a woman" phase, so he's not going to pick her. Rin, on the other hand, he had an explicit crush on.

we already know shirou was most attracted to rin pre fate though? I dont even think mike would argue that
    No, he was more openly attracted to Rin.

He was just as attracted to Sakura, if not more so, but he didn't want to acknowledge it.

eh, you could just say at that point rider wouldnt feel comfortable using sakura, or shirou was more used to have erotic dreams about rin so thats what rider went with.
    I'm pretty sure it was Shirou's choice and not Rider's, though. If it were Rider's she would surely have used Sakura, because she knows Sakura's feelings for him.

huh, no spoiler text.
    Why would there be?

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Yeah, this.

But, even so, that explains him having a dream of Rin and not Sakura. His crush on her is open, whereas he is desperately trying to bury his feelings for Sakura.

And sadly Pixiv has become home to a lot of Rin getting Gang Raped fanart which is grrrrrr to me.
    Yes, and it also has a lot of "Sakura getting gang-raped / forced to do horrible stuff by Shinji / penis-worm raped" fanart. And, I'd imagine, lots of "Saber getting gang-raped" fanart too, if you bothered to look....

I don't think it's specific to Rin, somehow.

Honestly, out of the three heroines Rin actually has other interests she could go to other than Shirou. She and Lancer were teasing each other in UBW. I need not say anything about Archer . Then there's the fact that Rin's bi-sexual. So out of all three of the heroines, it seems to me she has the most options other than Shirou.
    Well, that's true almost by default, really. I mean, Saber is a familiar, and thus even if she lives can't easily form a relationship, and Sakura is both totally fixated on Shirou and also in a situation where, without significant external help (both practical and psychological) she can't find another guy.

Hell, post HF I could easily see her hooking up with Rider for at least a fling after she was waxing on how gorgeous Rider was and obviously in denial that she played for the home team too.
    Yeah, lol, I can actually buy that one. And, I don't think Sakura would mind, somehow....

Well, if you think about it that way, nothing was really stopping him from going up to Rin and saying "TOHSAKA I LIKE YOU" except reasons he gave himself. (Granted they were good reasons.)
    Yeah, but there's a difference between admiring a girl from afar and not daring to talk to her (which pretty much every guy has done at some point in their life) and spending most of your time doing the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and singing "lalala, I'm not listening" every time your libido kicks up about a girl you probably see more than virtually anyone.

*goes through and skims some of the prologue and first days*

....no, I stand by my original point. shirou was developing a thing for sakura, but, it was more along the lines of

"gee, she is looking sexy lately! nonono bad thoughts bad thoughts bad thoughts!!!!"

as opposed to rin where it was more along the lines of a really, really bad highschool crush

"that there is a greek goddess who is so far outta my league its not funny and causes my brain to short circuit"

like talking aloud about her pretty hair in front of her or warning her about her breasts touching him.
    Well, go read through HF, where he explicitly states that his feelings had been there for months, if not longer, and he had just been in denial....

Also, recall that Rin is a year older, so she developed sooner. There's a much bigger difference in terms of likely attractiveness between a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old than between a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old. It's openly stated in the game that Sakura's body had only really "developed" over the last year or so, and he doesn't say "I've gradually become attracted to her" but, rather "she's gradually become attractive".

Blog Entries
    wall of mike
    I stand corrected.

also

Why would there be?
    gee if I had intended to argue it, doncha think I would have said why the first time?
    Also, recall that Rin is a year older, so she developed sooner. There's a much bigger difference in terms of likely attractiveness between a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old than between a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old. It's openly stated in the game that Sakura's body had only really "developed" over the last year or so, and he doesn't say "I've gradually become attracted to her" but, rather "she's gradually become attractive".

....you do realize this makes my point for me right? quite well, actually.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ....you do realize this makes my point for me right? quite well, actually.
    Not unless your "point" is different from what it appeared to be, it doesn't....

Because you seemed to be saying that Shirou is more attracted to Rin than to Sakura immediately pre-fate, whereas what I'm saying is that, whilst that attraction may have come about first (he knew Rin sooner, for one thing....), it is no stronger now, just that in Sakura's case he's in denial.

TheSpy

Blog Entries
    then you misunderstood, my point referred to the past tense, before the events of fate happened.

EDIT: and you edited. eh, I wont argue with you. wall of mike's kill the fun in fanclubs.
    Last edited by Tobias; April 2nd, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

TheSpy

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That looks like it was done by the person who did the MB manga.

...and sorta like it was done by the person who did the Spice & Wolf manga.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP