Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story ideas, drabbles, ect.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Story ideas, drabbles, ect.

I thought I might as well post story ideas, and the like for here, to show that I'm not dead, just busy.

If anyone wants me to continue a story, or wants to work off the idea I had, feel free to let me know.

Now, for the first one, that I may or may not continue, which I blame on gothic_dolly's blog post for a Caster/Shirou story. It gave me interesting ideas for one, after all. Still no clue what I'd call it if I wrote it, though.

Prologue: A Single Change

-Shirou's Perspective-

I walk home from my night job, for a change of pace.

It's a clear night out right now, one that's rather quiet for a change. I can't help but relax, even subconsciously, as I continue moving. It's such a peaceful night out, I haven't seen in a long time. It's supposed to rain sometime later tonight, but I'm sure I'll be home long before it starts.

My mind pauses, at the faint sound I thought I heard.

It could be nothing. It's probably nothing.

I could have just had my mind playing tricks on me... but I thought I heard a woman screaming.

A movie, turned up loud, perhaps? But I move towards it.

Another sound, faintly reaches my ears.

I heard it again, though. A woman screaming "NO!"

And so I run. Without hesitation, or care for my well being, I run towards the voice, hoping to help the woman I hear.

My eyes look over everything as I search for the sound... right before I hear glass nearly breaking above me.

When I look up, I see a woman with blue hair grappling with a man, who has... glowing markings on his left arm?!

I turn, looking over the alleyway, before my eyes pause at a pipe. And as I rush for it, I hear him shouting something.

"As your master, I command you, by these command seals I have!"

I throw the pipe at him, even as a jagged knife is pulled out by her, and goes for his arm.

My aim is truer than hers.

"You shall always be weaker than...!"

His words are stopped by a pipe in his throat. Even as he grabs for it, she pauses at the sight, only to look down at me.

And blue mesmerizing eyes look at me, catching my throat, even as she cries in what seems like relief.

I just killed a man.

She's staring at me in mute shock, I think. I could be wrong.

I just killed a man. Why aren't I caring more about it than this?

His eyes are turning glassy as he looks at me, even as those weird markings vanish off his arm.

I can't help but breathe out, then shudder, even as she slits his throat, and somehow melts the pipe.

Magecraft? My mind wanders over the thought, even as I stare at his corpse against the window. But the part of me that's thinking about this is overshadowed by one single thought.

I just killed a man.

I go to my knees, and vomit into a nearby waste bin.

I just killed a man.

When I glance up again, the woman is gone... and the man is thankfully out of sight.

I killed him, though. I just killed a man. I don't feel any regret, just... emptiness inside of me.

Is this what my adoptive father meant, when he said that you can only be a hero for a short period of time?

I pause, at the feeling of arms encircling me. Her arms. The woman with the blue hair.

"Thank you for saving me. He was planning on raping me..."

I can feel raw magic radiating off of her. Even to my unattuned senses, I can feel it, raw and whole, brushing against my body now.

"Will you tell me your name?"

I turn, then breathe out.

"Shirou Emiya."

She smiles, and in her smile, I see both happiness, and something else I don't expect to see. The same thing I see when I try to smile in the mirror after dreaming of the Fire. Pain. Pain and self hatred.

"My name is Caster, Emiya-san. Would you be willing to help me more, perhaps?"

I breathe out, even as I nod.

I killed a man for this woman. She probably has nowhere to go now.

"We can go to my home."

She nods, even as she rubs my back.

"Will you be capable of the travel to there?"

I breathe out, even as I slowly walk towards a vending machine, and pay it to get some water, to wash the taste of my own vomit out of my mouth, as well as to get rid of any acid from my stomach in my throat.

"Yes. I'll be able to. Will you be ok, Miss Caster?"

It's a strange name, now that I think about it.

My mind flashes, again to that dead man's face.

Who knows what he could have done to her?

I pause for a brief moment, as she gently puts one hand on my shoulder.

She doesn't feel like she has the magic she did before... like it's leaking away from her.

So I move, and let the haste I now feel guide my movements.

-Fade Out-

Soundtrack: "In the Name of God ~ Fate Stay/Night Realta Nua OST"

She collapses halfway there, against me. My heart pounds, even as I move us to a more secluded alleyway.

"I guess I don't have much time yet... it's a pity that I can't make a contract with you..."

Her words are faint.

My mind crystalizes, as I look her in the eye.

"What do I need to do to save you?"

She coughs, and to my noting worry, I see her literally slowly fading from view.

"My command seals are gone... and yet you still wish to aid me?"

I look at her, dead in the eye, before I nod.

I killed someone to save this woman.

My mind flashes, to the fire so long ago. To my father's look on his face, as he saved me.

I wonder... did I have the same look on my face...? When I saved this woman?

Her eyes are narrowed, as she thinks desperately.

"You are a Magus, are you not, child?"

I nod.

"I have nearly no training, but yes... I am a Magus."

Her eyes study me, study mine, before she nods.

"Let me draw power from you directly."

My mind freezes for a moment, before I nod.

I need to save her. I MUST save her.

I killed for this woman. I don't want to save her, only to fail her in the end!

"What do I need to do?"

My words echo in the small alleyway, even as I look down upon her blue eyes.

A faint smile graces her lips, half covered by her cloak like hood, before she leans up, and kisses me.

And as she kisses me, I feel power flowing through me, from the root of my spine, to her. Not through me like my artificial magic circuit, but through me differently.

I can feel something else as well, 27 burning lines through my body, screaming with power as they seem to awaken.

Everything seems to fade, like almost to static, for a moment.

Then again, and again, as more and more power flows into her.

With every flash, I can see a vision of a field, the dry, charred earth covered in blades... with a sky that looks like dawn.

And then nothing, as I pass out.

-Fade Out-

Soundtrack: "Rain (Female Version) ~ Cowboy Bebop OST"

When I awaken, I turn, glancing at the sky.

It doesn't look like any time has passed... my mind pauses, as I remember everything.

I killed a man, to save a woman. A mage, on top of that... one that needs power to stay alive somehow.

I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

I turn, and look her over. She looks better, but I don't know how long that will last. The fact that she's unconscious worries me, though. It must have taken her nearly everything to even do what she did.

My mind flashes, over the fact that I've killed a man, even as I pick her up.

I glance up, silently, while pondering over things.

"I wonder how else things can go wrong?"

A drop of water hits my forehead, and I blink while glancing up.

Oh. Right, the weather said it's supposed to rain tonight... shit.

I run for it, even as it starts pouring down rain on us both.

-Fade Out-
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You'd think that Shirou would know never to ask that question . . .

It seems like a good start - I'd be interested to see how the "cleaning the gym" scene would go now, as I doubt Caster would let him stand there and get killed, but by the same token, isn't liable to try taking on Archer and/or Lancer directly.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Shirou doesn't seem to learn, does he? As for Caster... here, she's drawing power from the Kundalini chakra, which is dangerous as hell to tap into. Most people have their Ki/Chi/bio-electricity generated there, then converted into safer stuff to use by the Hara/Tan Tien Chakra, the next one up. Best way to explain using it... it's like trying to hook up a laptop to a nuclear power plant, without any power conversion, and your brain's the laptop. I've heard of people dying from trying to use it.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    It needs more polish. Why would Shirou would use lethal force against a normal human, even if he was a rapist? The pipe didn't even come off as overly lethal. Shirou just declares "I just killed a man" and we're supposed to accept that this person immediately croaked.

Also, the dialog between Caster and Shirou feels a bit wooden. It needs to flow more naturally, which right now it doesn't.

Not half bad. Caster and Shirou make for an interesting Master/Servant relationship. I just wish this were a bit more touched up.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, you have a point there. Shirou does not like killing people. He spared Shinji in Fate despite him setting up the bloodfort, and there's no real reason for him to kill this guy, at least not immediately.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    It needs more polish. Why would Shirou would use lethal force against a normal human, even if he was a rapist? The pipe didn't even come off as overly lethal. Shirou just declares "I just killed a man" and we're supposed to accept that this person immediately croaked.

Also, the dialog between Caster and Shirou feels a bit wooden. It needs to flow more naturally, which right now it doesn't.

Not half bad. Caster and Shirou make for an interesting Master/Servant relationship. I just wish this were a bit more touched up.
    Oh, I know, but a metal pipe that's jagged can do quite a bit of damage. If he, say, grabbed a damaged jagged pipe, and didn't notice until after he threw that it could be lethal... well, yeah. Instant death.

Yes, the dialog is kinda a bit "meh", but it's still just a drabble more than anything. If I have time with my muse, I'll write more on it... well, if my muse ever gives me more ideas on how to get it a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, you have a point there. Shirou does not like killing people. He spared Shinji in Fate despite him setting up the bloodfort, and there's no real reason for him to kill this guy, at least not immediately.
    Honestly meant for it to be more along the lines of him throwing it as hard as he could, and it going into the guy's throat by sheer happenstance. I'll rewrite it when my muse is up for it, though.

On a different note? I think Precursor Fate/Lunar might be dead. I've not really had time or interest in writing it, even though I should. Does anyone even WANT me to continue that?

Also, you might enjoy this one a bit more, Mike. I've been idly thinking up a new plot, that I might or might not persue. But, the cause? Doesn't Dark Sakura look a hell of a lot like Irisviel von Einzbern? Not that my Fate/Zero knowledge is more than just names, as well as bits and pieces of what I've heard about it... as well as some clips left on youtube. Blah. Ah well.

If anyone wants me to write more on this one, hit me up.

An ALTERed Path

Prologue

-Sakura's Perspective-

I awaken, today, just like any other day. The sunrise flashes through my window into my eyes, just like it has every day since I came to live here.

I force myself up, and reach for the new clothing, while blowing my pale white hair out of my eyes. I need to get it cut soon. It's grown far too long for me to easily take care of it without half an hour's worth of work. Still, at least I can keep it to my shoulders. That should be fine enough, right? Right.

I glance at the mirror, searching for any noticable defects in how I usually look, even as I dress in my uniform. It's slowly turning black as I touch it, just like every other uniform before it, and all the ones that will ever come afterwards.

Red eyes look back at me, rather than my old ones. I miss my original eye color.

At least "Grandfather" covers for me by claiming I'm an albino, and it was caused by a chemical accident from my Late Uncle. It makes for a far easier truth for them to hear than the real one.

That Grandfather experimented with me using the remains of the Holy Grail of the 4th Grail War, making me look like a picture perfect Einzbern, except for the tendancy of my clothing to turn black. Or the fact that he thought to use the late Irisviel von Einzbern's corpse to enhance the remains of the Grail somehow.

Oh yes, I plan to have revenge on him eventually. Sooner or later, revenge will be mine.

I walk down the hallway, and glance at my petrified "brother". He's still scared of me after the last time he tried to have his way with me, on Grandfather's orders. I can't help but smile at the memory, and listen to him crapping himself from the smile on my face. We both know why I'm smiling, after all.

"Don't forget, Big Brother, that you need to be clean before you get to school!"

He runs towards the bathroom, even as I start preparing myself some breakfast.

Today will be a good day indeed. The first day of a new school. I wonder if my sister will be there? And if so... will she be horrified at how I look?

Hm. I need more food soon. I won't have more than another week's of meals at this rate I've been eating.

My mind drifts a bit, even as I eat.

-Fade Out-

I walk towards the school, smiling and humming to myself.

I can hear my "brother" walking several feet behind me at any point in time. He must be too petrified by fear to get closer again.

Good. If he did, I wouldn't be able to control myself, or my pets.

I pause, breathing out, at the sight of a boy crossing my path.

A redheaded boy.

I almost dismiss him instantly. Almost.

But I can sense the stench of magic off him.

He doesn't use the normal methods. That I can tell.

I move closer to him, even as my mind goes over what he might use. It doesn't seem like his Magic Circuits are touched in any way at all... Why would that be? Shouldn't he be already able to tap into them?

No. I can feel it as get even closer to him. He's crafting a Magic Circuit somehow.

I didn't even know that was possible until right now. This one will be definitely interesting.

Bemusedly, I let myself "accidentally" bang into him, before apologizing furiously.

How... interesting. He gives his name so freely.

I should dismiss him now with how pathetic he can be, but perhaps I can use him later, instead?

I wonder, even as I help him get his books up, mixed with mine as they are, and use this to walk with him to school. Why am I so interested in him, even though I've never met him before? I breathe, thinking, even as he leads the way for me.

He's cute. That's the reason why. I seem to find him cute. And as a mage, even a woefully undertrained one, he'll be a somewhat decent selection for me.

Still, if I want to decide if he might be the one for me, I'll have to arrange it so he's trained properly.

By myself, if need be.

-Fade Out-
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; July 13th, 2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Somehow double posted? twice?

Blog Entries
    You've double-posted in the same post, somehow . . . But this could be interesting - I've never seen this take on Dark Sakura before.

As to Fate/Lunar - I like some of the concepts, but it is fairly esoteric, and often difficult to follow. If you don't have the energy or inspiration to continue, then maybe it should be halted?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    You've double-posted in the same post, somehow . . . But this could be interesting - I've never seen this take on Dark Sakura before.

As to Fate/Lunar - I like some of the concepts, but it is fairly esoteric, and often difficult to follow. If you don't have the energy or inspiration to continue, then maybe it should be halted?
    Thanks for pointing out the weird double post. I got it fixed up, so thanks.

The astral plane's a pain in the ass to write on the best of days. I've studied it and Ki for 12 years, and I STILL can't really explain concepts well involving it. I've tried, and I think I've done a fairly decent job in writing it like I did there, but it's still just incredibly hard to write.

And yeah, I really didn't think anyone has ever thought of having Sakura be Dark Sakura the entire way through. Not like this, anyways.

The fact that Shinji's scared shitless of her doesn't hurt, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So, this is Sakura just being permanently Dark? How did that happen?

Also, it doesn't really seem very good for her, honestly. Her Dark self isn't likely to win many friends, and she can be very destructive.

Let the guy writes what he want Mike.
    And nice work, Ranma. Although the spacing seems ... off for me.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, this is Sakura just being permanently Dark? How did that happen?

Also, it doesn't really seem very good for her, honestly. Her Dark self isn't likely to win many friends, and she can be very destructive.
    Honestly, it works easier than it seems. In this, Zouken has gone for trying to get as good a shot as possible, and instead of just adding the remains of the fourth trail, he used Irisviel von Einzbern's corpse as well.

Second off, Sakura seems like a rather shy girl, opening up only to Shirou and Taiga most of the time. Here, she knows damn well what she wants, and wants it. There's no abuse for her, and she's stronger than canon.

Well, there was one attempt at abuse. And Shinji's scared of her for life now.

Ihklan, thanks for the compliment. Do you mean spacing as in between words, or paragraphs, though? Wordpad is what I usually end up writing in, so...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    Honestly, it works easier than it seems. In this, Zouken has gone for trying to get as good a shot as possible, and instead of just adding the remains of the fourth trail, he used Irisviel von Einzbern's corpse as well.
    How would that turn Sakura dark, though?

Second off, Sakura seems like a rather shy girl, opening up only to Shirou and Taiga most of the time. Here, she knows damn well what she wants, and wants it. There's no abuse for her, and she's stronger than canon.

Well, there was one attempt at abuse. And Shinji's scared of her for life now.
    Well, I'm assuming that Zouken still abuses her. But, aside from that, she's a bitch. She might be better off than in canon, but she's not Sakura any more, really.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How would that turn Sakura dark, though?

Well, I'm assuming that Zouken still abuses her. But, aside from that, she's a bitch. She might be better off than in canon, but she's not Sakura any more, really.
    Irisviel's Magic Circuits were nearly completely tainted by Angra Mainyu, if my understanding of Fate/Zero isn't off at all. If not, then I'm operating on the assumption that because she was the Holy Grail, in the literal sense, her Magic Circuits WERE tainted heavily.

And Sakura being a bitch? She doesn't know any better than to be a bitch. She's been raised to be a calculating, heartless young woman who still can be reached to, with a lot of work and people that care. And this IS Sakura from Canon, but a Sakura twisted by Irisviel's damaged Magic Circuits, as well as the taint within them. She'll still end up like Sakura from Canon, but not quite the wallflower Sakura was in canon, either.

Sakura in Canon was kind of obsessed over her sister in Heaven's Feel. That affects a lot of her actions, even if it's not easy to spot at first.

And no, Zouken hasn't abused her since she put him and Shinji through... well, it's mentioned briefly in this chapter.

Due to how confusing the prologue was, I decided to go on to write chapter 1 for this, and go on a bit more with it, though. Tell me if anyone things I should upgrade this to a full story, hm?

An ALTERed Path

Chapter 1

-Sakura's Perspective-

I walk alongside my recently met Sempai. It's been a week since I "engineered" our first meeting, and he seems like a nice, if somewhat hard to understand boy.

I still can't figure out what makes this boy tick, so to speak. He baffles me, for some reason.

Still, I think he might be a good choice for a husband, in the long run. He's strong enough, for a local mage. And I sincerely doubt that "Grandfather" will let me leave him long enough to get training from the Clock Tower.

I idly look over the school, as we approach it. Still no sign of my sister.

Damnation. Why won't she look for me? At me? Even if we can't meet, due to that damn agreement... she could at least still see her sister, couldn't she?

I can't show any of it, though. I have to pass as a normal, sweet schoolgirl.

"So, Sakura... why do you even enjoy walking with me? What is it that interests you about me?"

I pause, at his words, before turning to look at him.

He's studying me, in a way I haven't quite seen him look at anyone before. Calculating, perhaps?

How should I approach this? What way should I say it, so he'll not take it wrong? Perhaps the direct method might be best?

"I noticed we both study similar lifestyles."

He looks at me in confusion.

I glance around, before moving somewhat closer to him. Noone's around to see this. Or hear this. Good, it makes this easier.

"It's hard to walk with Death every day for you, isn't it Sempai?"

He freezes up solid, not moving at all for a moment, and when I look at his eyes again, they're cold and hard.

"How do you know?"

I smile at him. Good, I've gotten a reaction from him that isn't just smiles and cheerfulness. It's nice to see him other than that, for a change.

"The methods I use let me notice others while hiding all traces of my own work."

I watch him, every moment we walk together, as his face goes from confusion to slow understanding.

Maybe I'll throw him a bone, and see what he'll say? With that thought in mind, I lower my voice to a whisper.

"And I wonder... why are you doing the hard work when you have 27 paths already within you? Ones that you haven't even used yet? Is it some sort of method your master taught you?"

He stops breathing. I turn, looking at him staring at me in shock for the first time.

My my. So he didn't know. And here I thought that he just didn't know how to open them. To not even know he has 27 Magic Circuits...

"My father died before he could tell me they were there."

Oh. Damn. I must've royally fucked things up, then. Time to be polite, then.

"Would you rather I left you alone, Sempai?"

His words surprise me, though.

"No. Stay. I would enjoy someone to talk with about what we study, later."

"Shiiirou! You're going to be late for Archery Club!"

Taiga Fujimura's shouting at us from ahead. Amazing how informal the woman can be, when it comes to Shirou.

Perhaps I'll join the Archery club to get closer to my new Sempai?

Amusing idea. I'll have to try it.

-Fade Out-

Another week, another 5 days to look forwards to walking with Shirou Emiya.

The Archery club has been very fun for me, though I've noticed my "brother" doesn't wish to try it.

I must say, he still seems quite afraid to try anything around me, after what I put him through.

...Or what I put "Grandfather" through the first time he tried to reintroduce me to those worms after he forcibly added Irisviel von Einzbern's Magic Circuits to my own.

What's a little shadow tentacle rape amongst family, after all?

...Then again, I might not be the best of all people to ask that.

Still, "Grandfather" knows better than to try anything dumb now. And so does Shinji. That's always beneficial. Still, back to the present.

Bemusedly, I get prepared for archery practice, while shaking off my fond memories of their screams of sheer agony.

I amusedly watch Shirou out of the corner of my eye, as he shoots, even as I practice myself.

Hm... I wonder when he'll bring up magecraft training and try to convince me I should teach him? From how he acts, his master must have died when he barely was started.

Still, he does make for delicious eye candy, even if he's young. That makes up for a lot of cons that he might have.

-Fade Out-

From one side of the field, I watch Shirou run, and struggle to jump over the bar, again and again.

He doesn't quit. No matter how tired or exhausted he might be... he doesn't quit one bit.

My eyes watch his every movement, before I pause to take in my surroundings. Someone else is watching him as well...?

I pause, as I stare at my Sister.

Rin...

I wave at her, and watch her pause, to stare at me in confusion.

Confusion turns to shock and horror, as I raise up my hair, showing her the ribbon she gave me so many years ago.

Why doesn't it feel nice, seeing her stare at me in horror like this? I thought it would be, but... am I mistaken?

Do I still want her as my sister? Even now, just to hold me...?

Hm... I'll have to think this over.

I breathe, and listen, before blinking and turning, to stare at Sempai clearing the bar.

He really did it. I'm honestly amazed at that fact.

I breathe out, even as I can't hide the small smile I have on my face. I feel proud for him... and I don't know why.

Even as I walk to my sister, to talk with her, disregarding the oaths made, I do wonder one thing...

Why does the Emiya name fill me with such happiness?

-Fade Out-

Blog Entries
    OK, now this is getting intriguing. I'm interested to see what you have planned next.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New drabble for everyone to think over. It's a lot more grim than my normal stuff, though. Can you guess who the main character is before the end of the story?

And yes, Kieran, I'll work on writing more on the Dark Sakura route, if I have time and motivation.

Reincarnation's a Bitch

-Unknown Perspective-

I walk through town, ignoring the stares following me even more than usual, as well as the hushed murmurings.

Today's my birthday. Normally, a happy day, spent with family, friends, and loved ones. Right?

Right.

But not today, not for me. No, never for me.

See, I'm an Orphan. And for some reason, people hate me.

Oh, they might not show it, they might not state it... but they hate me. Noone else has ever been looked at in the town like they do me.

They charge me the same as everyone else. They don't do it in any VISIBLE way, but I still somehow know it.

And I hate not knowing why.

I pause, even as I look at swords in shop dealing with weapons and the like, at the beautiful blades.

God, they're beautiful to me for some reason.

My mind flashes to someplace. A place that I cannot possibly describe.

To a field, with the sky turning bright with a dawn that will somehow, I know, never come. And every inch of the place has blades stabbed into the earth.

And at the furthest end... I see a massive blade on it, with a reflection inside of the blade. A reflection that's somehow staring back at me...?!

My mind flashes back to normal, and I see another man glaring at me.

I'm so lonely... why can't they even care?

I move, to walk off. It doesn't look like people even noticed that something happened to me.

-Fade Out-

-1 Year Later-

I run, again.

I'm 6 years old now. Each day I walk through life as if it was a dream, rather than reality, and each night, I dream of blades and that huge one with the weird reflection.

I'm lonely. I know it, everyone knows it... and aside from the old man who visits and gives me money once a month... noone cares. Not even the kind shop owners of the place I usually eat at.

They smile, but it's not in their eyes.

Never in their eyes.

Not... ever...

I pause, wiping away my tears, then run again.

I can hear shouts of drunken villagers behind me.

I don't know why they hate me so much, but after the party earlier, they've acted mean.

I feel myself falling forwards... no... tripping? Something's in the air that caught my foot.

I pause, looking down at what looks like fishing wire, strung up as tripwire.

No. They knew I'd come this way...

"If it isn't the brat."

I turn, looking up at the man who's speaking.

"You're a waste of space in this village, boy. You should have died years ago."

The look on his face horrifies me. It's not drunken anger, or anything similar. But it's a grim, cruel expression.

I bolt.

He's faster, and catches me by the leg.

Oh god, he's going to hurt...

I black out from pain, then awaken nearly instantly afterwards.

He slammed me against the ground, head first.

I kick at his nose, as hard as I can with my good leg, even as he tries to take me indoors.

"You should never have survived to live this long brat. And I'll remedy this tonight...!"

I kick, again, then my mind freezes up at the sight of a magnificent knife he has in his kitchen.

And I see that place full of swords again... with something new.

A red haired boy, staring back at me, with brown eyes that somehow scare me worse then the thing in the giant sword ever could.

And he's crying for me.

Why does he cry for me?

My head's slammed against the table, and I can see that man again.

"It's not like a THING like you can actually feel, so why do you fake being lonely?"

He's grabbing at the knife...!

And time seems to stop, as I find myself in that place, in front of that red haired boy once more.

"You've had it rough, haven't you, next life?"

Next... life?

"They hate and despise you, don't they? They all do..."

I nod, weakly at him.

He smiles, sadly at me.

"I can deal with the pain for you, if you wish... but you'll never wake up again."

I shake my head, slowly. I don't want to die.

"Understand that that which they fear is sealed within the blade, then."

I blink, finding myself back on the kitchen table, and scream as hard as I can.

Everything happens in a flash. The old man who gives me money occasionally launches through the shut door, shattering it with splinters flying everywhere... and kills the man above me instantly.

The old man's saved me.

"Old man... thank you..."

He stares at me in shock, then rushes to get me to a hospital.

Maybe he does care...?

-Fade Out-

-1 year later-

I look up, silently, at the people who have chased me for hours.

Just like last year.

"You have no clue how much of a monster you are, do you boy?"

I stare at the man, the horrifyingly strong looking man.

But I can't run anymore. I'm tired, and they're taller than I am.

Faster and stronger.

All I can do is wait for the Old Man to come.

"Do you think he's going to come and save you this time? He won't make it. Noone will, not after what I've arranged..."

And he smirks, as he brings up his fist.

My words stop him, though.

"I've seen the monster, and it's safely trapped."

He pauses, his eyes wide in surprise.

"And what did it do, boy? Eat you and take your place?"

I look at him, then shake my head.

"It screamed at me from inside the blade it was sealed in."

He pauses, then laughs.

"A blade?! We know such a thing cannot be sealed by a blade! Your silver tongued lies will not hide the truth of what you are from us!"

And his fist comes down upon me.

Everything from there on is pain, until I see a flash of a knife.

They intend to kill me.

I see the blade, and again my mind descends to that place.

And to the red haired boy who now looks a year older, as well.

My heart pounds, but I don't feel the pain I should be in.

"Who are you?"

He studies me, then smiles sadly.

"My name is Shirou Emiya. And due to messing with an artifact, instead of finding my way to my love... I found my way into forced reincarnation. Time after time, after time."

I breathe out, trying to understand the stuff he said.

"And you're my current life."

Oh... so he's... me? Or would've been me, maybe?

"If it wasn't for that, I would never have been here, but... due to that artifact, I've been forced to be a backseat passenger in each life I've lived since then, occasionally taking the place of my current incarnation when things grew too horrible for them."

I breathe, trying to think.

That means... "If I let you take over... you'd absorb me, wouldn't you?"

He nods, silently.

He's me, right? I can trust him, I can tell.

"Do you want me to prove them wrong? To show them the truth about the monster?"

I study him, then close my eyes.

"I'd die, wouldn't I?"

He nods, silently, then walks to me.

I nod, then give him a hug, gently, feeling myself disappear.

If I'm a part of him, I won't be lonely anymore...

-Fade Out-

-Shirou's Perspective-

My eyes snap open, and I breathe through the pain.

This body still has my Magic Circuits, as has the bodies before this one. A side effect of the artifact I ran into while searching to be with Saber again...

I roll backwards, out of the range of the knife, and channel power through them.

"Let me prove you wrong, hm?"

He pauses, smirking.

My mind focuses into crystal clarity.

"I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD!"

And fire runs.

Encompassing the entire village, fire runs as I unleash Unlimited Blade Works.

And as he, no, the entire village stares at the form of the Kyuubi no Kitsune screaming within the blade I forged around it, they go to their knees in horrified shock.

I allow them all time to look at it while I force myself up, then I glare when he shudders.

"You destroyed my current incarnation's mind with your bullshit, you know that?"

He pauses, and turns pale, staring at me.

I raise one hand into the air, focusing, feeling the blades follow my will.

He doesn't even notice them, though others do. But they can't say anything, still in stunned, horrified shock.

"I'm going to kill you all now. Know that by destroying my current incarnation with everything you all did, you brought this upon yourselves for torturing an innocent boy."

He finally notices the blades, and the first sparks of comprehension run through his mind... right before it starts raining swords as I bring my hand down.

-Fade Out-

When it's all over, I watch the 3rd Hokage walk out, in shock at the massacre.

"He shouldn't have treated Naruto like he did, none of them should have."

He stares at me in fear. I glance at a blade, and understand.

I'm shifting to my original appearance. Makes sense.

"Who..."

I interrupt him.

"When a person dies for their mind alone, their body usually doesn't die with them. It just goes into a coma. Forever. But when a prior incarnation isn't able to be absorbed into the current one... it forces the prior life back to the foreground. Naruto Uzumaki as you knew him is dead, a victim of your villagers that I slaughtered without remorse."

He stares at me in horror.

"Do as you will to me, but his death has been avenged this day."

-Fade Out-

Blog Entries
    I thought it was Naruto . . . That's a different idea.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I blame insomnia for this stuff. Insomnia, and various video games that are addictive, but hard as balls. That... and writer's block, and most of the yurt platform being done. (Only 15 boards left and then the platform's done!)
    So, tell me if you want more of this little story, since I've got two more chapters that are finally relatively up to snuff (I LOATHE writer's block...), for people to read, then tell me in reviews.

And yes, I might go ahead with the "Twisted/Dark Sakura" route more, but I blame writer's block for not getting more written.

Prologue:

Once upon a time, there was a little boy, and a little girl.

These two children enjoyed playing with each other very much.

And even though the little boy thought playing with dolls was weird,

and the little girl thought the little boy's obsession with swords was weird,

they were both very very happy.

One day, the little girl disappeared, and the little boy was sad.

But then the little girl came to him in a dream, speaking of a new

mommy that had adopted her, and taken her to her home.

Her new mommy was very nice, and very powerful, and had promised

her that as long as he remembered her, and she remembered him, they

could still play together in their dreams.

For a long while, by children's time, but not long at all by ours, they were happy.

Each and every night, they played together, and were happy together.

One day, however, a terrible fire came.

And the boy lost his memories from the flames and the terrible sense of loss.

Even though he struggled to remember his friend,

and held onto her image and name the longest...

He still forgot her.

No matter what happened, though, as she grew under her mother's tutelage...

Alice Margatroid did not forget the boy who became Shirou Emiya.

And that's where our story starts.

Blog Entries
    Not a series I know, so I can't comment too insightfully - but it certainly seems like a promising beginning.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alice Margatroid x Shirou?

Well, this sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Not a series I know, so I can't comment too insightfully - but it certainly seems like a promising beginning.
    Never heard of the Touhou Project? Yeah, it's a hard genre to get into. Skill games of that nature... yeah. Pain and utter misery.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Alice Margatroid x Shirou?

Well, this sounds interesting.
    Just as I intended it to be. Alice makes for a perfect foil for this sort of thing, because there's so LITTLE known about her.

And, while I'm at it, here's Chapter 1.

Spoiler:
    As for the invocation ritual used here, it's a long worded variation of one used on the astral plane, to summon people from other areas of the astral plane to you. It's rather exhausting to use, though.

Chapter 1

-Shirou Emiya's Perspective-

I can only stare at the sight in front of me. Of a swordsman... no, swordswoman? Clad in blue and steel, clashing against a blue haired man with a red lance, in what looks suspiciously like a blue catsuit. Besides being somehow not a perverted sight, I can't stop staring at the scene in front of me. The swordswoman doesn't have a visible blade... and yet... she fights calmly, without hesitation, and somehow drives the man back.

And then I manage to stumble back, and trip on a stick.

My mind freezes at the feeling of a stick breaking under my feet, even as I fall backwards. At the sight of both parties pausing, then glaring at me.

Fuck.

The man in blue grins at me, then starts dashing towards me. No, his speed is inhumane.

I run for it. As fast as I can, I run for it.

"Sorry about this, kid."

He lands in front of me, smoothly. Like the cat I once watched, stalking a mouse before pouncing it to end it's life.

To my horror, the lance goes for my heart. I can't possibly stop it. There's no way to stop the lance from hitting me. And the next thing I know... is him ripping the barbed end out of my chest.

I can't move. I can't breathe.

I can't focus anymore... and I'm seeing flashbacks...

Is this my life I'm seeing?

I can see my parents... though I still can't see their faces... and now I'm seeing myself playing with a girl... that I call "Alice"?

I'm dying. I'm dying and seeing my life in my last moments.

My eyes are closing, even though I'm trying to keep them open. My chest is burning in agony...

I hear a voice.

"He should be dead."

"Master, should we not silence all witnesses?"

"He's somehow slowly healing from the injury already, Saber! That's not natural!"

"Master, why do you hesitate in silencing him?"

"My sister... likes him. Even if she's not family anymore... by being adopted..."

Silence between them. I can't open my eyes, though.

"He'll die if you don't heal him, even still, Master. This injury is too much for his body to heal, no matter what sort of miraculous healing ability he has."

I feel myself slowly passing out again. But one thing comes to mind, no matter what. The image of that little girl I played with.

I wonder if I could find her again?

Before I see nothing, I see her face again. Only older this time, staring at me in shock, as if she can't believe I'm seeing her.

She smiles at me, and... then I know nothing more.

-Fade Out-

When I come to, my chest is healed. I have a scar over my chest, but the injury is healed.

I can see through my shirt... meaning it wasn't a dream. Hell. How the hell am I going to explain this to Fuji-nee?

More overly... what will happen if I see him again?

I pull myself up fully, then breathe out. When I had my life flashing before my eyes...

I saw a girl. A girl who promised me that as long as I remembered her... I'd meet her in my dreams. A girl I then saw as an older woman.

What the hell... some sort of mystery of magecraft, perhaps? Like my father once spoke of?

Nothing else can explain the dream of her. Of that girl I faintly remember...

I walk home, quickly. As quickly as I can go without drawing attention to myself. I'd usually take my time, but after tonight...

After tonight, I don't want to be in the streets. I want to be home, where it's relatively safe.

My father once spoke of invocation to me. A ritual where you can summon an entity by their true name.

I wonder if it would work for that girl I played with...

I move faster, running and drop all pretense of being normal. A chill's running down my spine, slowly, and I don't like it at all.

My gut screams that I move as fast as I can, from the chill I feel.

I spot a white haired, red eyed little girl as I pass her by. She's in too much shock from seeing my chest to do more then stare at me as I pass, though. Here's hoping she doesn't worry too much... or figure out that I was injured...

I arrive home, silently. Still, I can feel like something's chasing me. Persuing me... stalking my tracks slowly. Savoring the experience, maybe? With this fact in mind, I head towards my workshop, keeping the pace up.

Nothing's nearby... good.

I breathe out, and step into the circle I occasionally practice magecraft in, the one that Dad had here.

My mind focuses, silently, as well as I can as I focus, and create my own Magic Circuit.

"Trace On"

I clear my mind, to be as quiet as I can. To be as quiet, and calm as possible, while keeping the image of that girl in my mind.

The words my father, my dad told me that day come back.

"I invoke thee..."

My mind desperately searches for her name.

One sounds familiar enough. I hope it'll work...

"Alice Margatroid, to come before me and grant me the power to let this work. I have been attacked by someone else, and as the only one that I know that might be able to aid me... please come..."

A flicker of power, as the circle lights up. As something burns within me, adding to what I'm doing, but... failing?

-Fade Out-

The Grail awakens, slowly at the feeling of the summoning. Yet, the summoning isn't right. It is not summoning a Servant, but something else. Someone still alive.

It still tries to give the boy a servant. But the servant he is attuned to most, is already summoned.

No matter. The boy will eventually summon a servant properly. Until then, it will wait for the last master to summon properly.

It just has to bide it's time and wait.

-Fade Out-